GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

Just now, killuridols said:

wait, wait, wait, wait............. What???!!!! :wow:

Yes, just heard it driving home from work. Right after they played a GnR song they said they are pleased to announce that GnR will be releasing a new album.:headbang::heart:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ubukitty said:

Yes, just heard it driving home from work. Right after they played a GnR song they said they are pleased to announce that GnR will be releasing a new album.:headbang::heart:

Did they say anything about what their source is?

Just now, Blackstar said:

Did they say anything about what their source is?

They said confirmed by Richard Fortus. I think they wanted to make it official because Ticketmaster is feeding so much BS to people that this is their last tour. Also Meegan confirmed it before I heard it on the radio. I'm pretty excited.

3 minutes ago, Ubukitty said:

They said confirmed by Richard Fortus. I think they wanted to make it official because Ticketmaster is feeding so much BS to people that this is their last tour. Also Meegan confirmed it before I heard it on the radio. I'm pretty excited.

Fortus has been "confirming" a new album for almost 10 years now. What makes you think this isn't him crying wolf again?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ubukitty said:

Fuck Ticketmaster for tricking people to make money. And I can't wait for a new GNR album.

In regards to this supposedly being their last tour (even though we know it's not), I think Axl did say that Slash and Duff would be with GnR for the foreseeable future and if that's the case, there would absolutely be no reason for NITL to be the last tour GNR does.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kris_1989 said:

Fortus has been "confirming" a new album for almost 10 years now. What makes you think this isn't him crying wolf again?

I've never heard it confirmed on the radio. I would think they need a  legitimate source before they can release information like that.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ubukitty said:

That's what I thought... Fortus did an interview (there's a thread about it in D&N) and the outlet paraphrased something he said and made it into a title about "being excited on the prospect of new music". Then other websites took it and presented it as a certainty, and probably the radio station fell into that...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

That's what I thought... Fortus did an interview (there's a thread about it in D&N) and the outlet paraphrased something he said and made it into a title about "being excited on the prospect of new music". Then other websites took it and presented it as a certainty, and probably the radio station fell into that...

I really hope that's not the case. I would think they need more assurance before releasing that. KLOS are huge in LA.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ubukitty said:

I really hope that's not the case. I would think they need more assurance before releasing that. KLOS are huge in LA.

I hope so too... But until there's something more solid, I'm not very optimistic...

11 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

100%

14 minutes ago, Ubukitty said:

I've never heard it confirmed on the radio. I would think they need a  legitimate source before they can release information like that.

To the radio Fortus probably is considered a legitimate source but I'm not going to get my hopes up. He's been saying the same thing for too long now. :no:

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Ubukitty said:

I almost had a heart attack because of happiness, and then I read that the source is Richard Fortus...unfortunately that man is saying that for years and nobody believe him anymore.....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

I almost had a heart attack because of happiness, and then I read that the source is Richard Fortus...unfortunately that man is saying that for years and nobody believe him anymore.....

Meegan confirmed they weren't retiring and they can't keep touring the same tunes. I believe in it now that I heard it on the radio. As far as Fortus saying that for years.....It took this long to get them back together, I believe now that Slash and Duff have returned Axl will feel more comfortable in releasing a successful album.:shrugs:

2 minutes ago, Ubukitty said:

Meegan confirmed they weren't retiring and they can't keep touring the same tunes. I believe in it now that I heard it on the radio. As far as Fortus saying that for years.....It took this long to get them back together, I believe now that Slash and Duff have returned Axl will feel more comfortable in releasing a successful album.

@Ubukitty I really, really hope is true this time, that would be wonderful!

• Like 3

This Fortus thing is getting really wierd. He basically said nothing and especially nothing new - he's said that before even with this lineup I believe and suddenly a new album is announced in radios and some other media outlets. Someone' s trolling us here. Either they want to make headlines at any cost and are deliberately overinterpreting Fortus or they know something we don't. Hoping for the latter...

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yeah. It is most likely this shit :max:

The Fortus thing is some twisted thing I don't remember which website made up, probably to get more clicks, but the interview is old and Fortus was actually talking about them playing together, not an album.

But maybe, this is also part of a marketing plan to push ticket sales now that they are back in the States.

Remember last year we had similar news and things making news (i.e. Axl helping a waitress, the intelligent models front row, GNR partying at the roof of a hotel, etc.) all contributing to add visibility to the tour.

Its part of the game, nothing new under the sun :shrugs:

11 hours ago, PaperDoll said:

I believe sexuality is pretty fluid. 

I agree with you 100% here. I also agree that back in the day it was somewhat of the norm for rock stars to do a little gender bending going back as far as Kiss and Twisted Sister...and of course David Bowie.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, killuridols said:

I have a hard time doubting the reasons why Izzy left, for example. The reasons given by Izzy himself, not Axl's version, because Izzy has been coherent with what he said for a long time..... (I think time is a very accurate test of principles, truths and values). Despite the fact that I may believe Axl when he says Izzy didn't want to become a huge band and deal with the business side of it or the massive concerts, in my opinion, Izzy did leave for the reasons he says he did.

I also believe Slash and Duff reasons because quitting the band for which they worked so hard to make it real, to record albums and to become what they became must not be that easy! I don't know you guys, but if any of you ever worked in a personal project for a long time and for X reason you have to quit it or shelve it or stop it, that's like.... a huge loss, a huge sense of "what was all this work for?" and I do believe that Axl drove them to a point of suffocation where they thought they were being treated like puppets, like disposable objects who had to be under the direction of someone who was acting like a dictator.

One can choose to believe them or not, but it is not always the word of one against the other. There are many other signs and symptoms and clues that, in my opinion, make their story more credible than Axl's.

For example: Izzy leaving in the early 90s. He mentions being demoted and disrespected as a co-writer. Five years or so later, Gilby gets sacked, Sorum gets sacked, Axl wants to bring other people like Zakk Wylde when he already has the best lead guitarist in the band :facepalm: Then he brings that idiot Paul Tobias to keep rocking the boat, causing a lot of friction with Duff and Slash and keeps pulling the rope on their neck..... They become fed up and have to leave..... but hold on, maybe you still don't think they should be believed..... Let's make a parenthesis here and check out Axl's personal life a bit..... Years before he is dumped by two very important women in his life, Erin and Stephanie, what does that tell you?..... His family disappears.... Enters TB, you know how that story develops... Now, let's fast forward to Axl with a new band, the "nuGuns N' Roses"....... how long until those new guys who don't carry any grudges from the past, who are clean of drugs and professional musicians, who don't have any interest in the band other than just playing.... how long until those guys also get fed up of Axl's bullshit?

So there you go... Buckethead, Finck, Brain, Bumblefoot, Ashba...... Chinese Democracy 13 years in the making :shrugs:...... And now he's back with the guys he said they had an agenda to bring Guns N' Roses down?

Again... one can choose who to believe or not to believe but there are things that are neutral, things that can prove other things in a natural way.... I think the truth eventually comes out, sooner or later, it is impossible to keep a lie going on for a lifetime. Maybe it takes a lot of time and people dying or getting old, but there comes that moment when things get clear and to me, Axl has been proven wrong in these 20 years or so.... in the general scheme of things, he was proven wrong because the audience and the fans never accepted his idea and vision that HE COULD BE GUNS N' ROSES by himself, no matter what.

Well, he was completely wrong about it and the proof is out there for everybody to see. Now, are Slash and Duff saints? No way, I'm sure they tried to put rocks in Axl's way so he had it very difficult to move on with his "I'm GNR" project. But I don't blame them because what would you do if you see the band you helped create and the music you helped create is now owned and being profited by this guy who considers himself a Messiah and goes around the world touring, having it easy because the name Guns N' Rose comes with a lot of benefits under its arm, while you as a musician have to start from scratch and build yourself a new name, a new band, make new music so that you can keep making your living within the profession you chose when you were young? Wouldn't you go trying to screw his business?? 

LOL I would!

My point being... the loneliness that has surrounded Axl ever since he decided to mess around with all of his relationships (both personal and professional) took a toll in his career and personal life. This is a fact.

And beyond the details of who was more evil or how bad they treated each other throughout these 20 years of battle, the truth is the lonely guy had to rethink all of this. Duff and Slash were called back to the band.  Axl owes the band. It wasn't the other way around. That says a lot.

Think I've been misunderstood, my fault for not being clear. :) I agree with you about the reasons Izzy left and generally about why Duff and Slash left.  I was just stating in my previous post that it was interesting to hear Axl's opinion in relation to what I'd said about his being deluded at that time.  In Axl's mind Izzy left because he wanted to play theatres and Duff and Slash left because it was too stressful dealing with crowds and they had take drugs just to get on stage etc.  Which, of course, is laughable.  That's why I'd said that 'narrative' Axl was peddling was never mentioned/reinforced in the guys' books etc...this is Axl hearing what he wants to hear and seeing what he wants to see.  So I agree with you.  

Where we'll just have to agree to disagree is the role Slash (might have) played and that Axl owes the band.  I think it's possible there was a power play between Axl and Slash, a destructive one and I think it's possible Slash sat on good songs for his own benefit - not because he had an agenda from day one, but because he could see that Guns had become unsalvageable - unlike Axl, who thought he could resurrect it - and Slash, by that stage, was looking out for his own interests, for which I don't blame him.  At least Slash recognised that GnR = those five guys.  That's it.  That's the definition of GnR.   You don't have those five guys, or at least four of them, you don't have Guns.  Axl didn't get that - God only knows why.  That interview definitely confirmed for me that Axl never got what Guns was.  Fucking maddening.  Any fan could have told him what Guns was.  

Your point about Axl owing the band is interesting and I have thoughts on that but post for another time. :) 

Edited by MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle

@MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle im not sure i have a point about Axl owning the band. This is a fact. He owns the name and he decides who plays in the band or not :shrugs:

As for Slash, yeah, it was a power game but Axl already had a lot of power. He made them sign the name away (or they voluntarily did, dont know), he fired Sorum and Gilby, he wanted Paul Tobias to be in the band (which later was proven a failure) and he wanted to do a lot of things following his vision. At the point, the others had become fed up of doing everything Axl's way.

Slash didn't want to be commanded anymore so he did what he thought he had to do.......... I think it would have been productive and healing if Axl had gone making his own album rather than trying to force a a new GN'R thaf failed big.

10 minutes ago, Fang said:

We can only hope it's true!!!! I just ordered my tickets by the way. It'll be the first time for me not being in the front :(. Too broke.

Oh great! Which show are you going to?

@killuridols Winston Salem. I think this will make the fourth time I've seen them. I saw Nuguns in New York in 2006, then a few years later caught the Halloween show in SC. Went to Nashville to try and meet Axl (no such luck) one year but didn't go to the show, then I saw Reunired Guns in Nashville last year. Tried to meet the redhead each time because I am a creepy stalker. This time my hubby is coming and said he would help as long as I behave myself heehee. I did meet Tom Mahue once...does he still work for them?

Edited by Fang
Forgot to add something
  • Like 2