GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

12 hours ago, purplestargirl said:

Someone just begged Duff on his IG not to retire. Far as I'm concerned, either the band or management needs to clarify what's going on.

And someone says that Argentinian journalist announced SMKC is coming to Argentina in 2018... Hopefully another bullshit but it really is high time for them to clear things up, it can't be that hard to say what their plans for the next year are, for fuck's sake...

Edited by Asia

Good morning!

10 minutes ago, Asia said:

And someone says that Argentinian journalist announced SMKC is coming to Argentina in 2018...

Yes, I saw that...I wish the poster gave all the info..I have look in the net and comes empty

I believe in November 29 they will stop and they will go separate ways for a while. I remember a post from Facebook in one of the threads, this post belongs to Slash's photographer, he said that Slash will go to the studio in December with the follow up of SMKC and Axl had already record some demos from the next ACDC album....somebody had already hear them...I think we will see...but God I wish they speak about what really THIS version of GNR is about.

Edited by Georgina Arriaga

50 minutes ago, killuridols said:

@MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle im not sure i have a point about Axl owning the band. This is a fact. He owns the name and he decides who plays in the band or not :shrugs:

Owe. Not own. :) You'd mentioned 'Axl owes the band, not the other way around'.  That's a concept I find interesting.

14 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Good morning!

Yes, I saw that...I wish the poster gave all the info..I have look in the net and comes empty

I believe in November 29 they will stop and they will go separate ways for a while. I remember a post from Facebook in one of the threads, this post belongs to Slash's photographer, he said that Slash will go to the studio in December with the follow up of SMKC and Axl had already record some demos from the next ACDC album....somebody had already hear them...I think we will see...but God I wish they speak about what really THIS version of GNR is about.

Well, yeah, would like to know what this version of GNR is about. Because if Axl is going to record and tour with AC/DC now without working on Guns music first, it is about two to three years, which pretty much is fucking it all up and pissing it all away once again. In this case the comment about the last tour is justified. I'm not sure if I care all that much about what other world tour they might be willing to come back with in 3 years from now. This band has released their last album almost ten years ago, so I think if anybody treats this band in any way seriously they should now sit down, record new music, tour new music and only then think of other projects. Well, anyway it looks like soon we will find out wheather they treat Guns seriously or if it is for them just an easy way to add some zeros to their accounts when they have nothing better to do.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Asia said:

And someone says that Argentinian journalist announced SMKC is coming to Argentina in 2018... Hopefully another bullshit but it really is high time for them to clear things up, it can't be that hard to say what their plans for the next year are, for fuck's sake...

I wouldn't be at all surprised if none of them knows what they are doing.  I was surprised watching the Brazilian interview with Duff and Axl where Duff admits he 'didn't think beyond Coachella' when he agreed to get back on board with Guns.  I was like, seriously, Duff? :lol:  And Axl was doing, 'we just thought we'd wait and see how it plays out' thing.  Honestly, don't think they plan very much.  Maybe they should though!

@Asia Totally agree with you.  If they want Guns to continue being in any way relevant, they simply have to prioritise it over personal projects, and they have to put out new music, simple as that. 

Edited by MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle

Just now, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

I wouldn't be at all surprised if none of them knows what they are doing.  I was surprised watching the Brazilian interview with Duff and Axl where Duff admits he 'didn't think beyond Coachella' when he agreed to get back on board with Guns.  I was like, seriously, Duff? :lol:  And Axl was doing, 'we just thought we'd wait and see how it plays out' thing.  Honestly, don't think they plan very much.  Maybe they should though!

I agree, except that it's been two years now and I think they already know how it played out, so maybe its time to start some planning and make some decisions as to what Guns means to them and how much they care to actually redeem its name and enrich its legacy before their time as creative artists and performers is over.

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

Im sorry then, it was a typo :unsure:

Oh right, haha!  No worries...

@Georgina Arriaga  I know...would it kill them to do one interview all together?  The entire band, or key members at least,  sitting down to an interview is something so many other bands do as a matter of course, because you know, it's the professional thing to do, it promotes them etc.  Don't understand why Guns won't do this now, especially when they did it so often in the past.  I mean, what 's the problem if they're all friends now...?

5 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

We need a fucking interview but with questions provided by us.....

Here is the tweet with the info:

This guy is accurate, I imagine the promoters are already securing dates, etc...

Argh... well, goodbye our last hopes for new music, then...

24 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

We need a fucking interview but with questions provided by us.....

Here is the tweet with the info:

This guy is accurate, I imagine the promoters are already securing dates, etc...

Are you from Argentina? :suspicious:

14 minutes ago, Frey said:

I will be pissed if they all let it slip away again and waste some more years (they're not getting any younger!)

I don't give a fuck about AC/DC.

I don't give a fuck about SMKC.

If that is what I'm getting after this tour is over, I'll probably lose most of my interest and motivation to pay attention to what this band is doing.

I agree.

I tend to believe Axl on this one too. For one, Axl says he has the rehearsal tapes from back then and there's nothing but Slash-based blues rock on there. To make a claim like that, he can probably back it up.

For another, Duff has also supported Axl's claims and he also said he thought the material was crappy. And while I don't value Duff's words as much as I used to anymore these days, it's still notable in that it's unusual because Duff tends to side with Slash for the most part. So Duff must have really disliked whatever Slash was trying to push.

Disagree. While I do trust Izzy's words for the most part, I really can't say the same about Slash and Duff.

There's too much off in their version of things, for example the famous contract which they supposedly signed under duress. If that were true, Axl wouldn't have a legal leg to stand on. I don't care why they've lied about this, maybe they don't really remember anymore and have convinced themselves their version is the truth or maybe they lied to save face because they were dumb enough to sign away their rights and were embarrassed about it (more likely), but the story they've been pushing probably isn't true.

Then you have the whole Paul Tobias thing you mentioned here. As SoulMonster recently pointed out in another thread, Duff also told two different versions of how the whole PT thing went down. The first one he told painted Axl in a much worse light than the one he told later on, which was much closer to Axl's version of events. Axl's version of events (if one cares to read it) is actually pretty understandable to me. I believe him when he says Slash and Duff immediately reacted with hostility, even though Paul was only supposed to be a temporary help anyway and he only wanted them to at least give it a try. If I had been in Axl's position I would have done exactly the same thing- if no one else makes any suggestions or bothers to find a new guy, then they gotta live with the result of someone else taking charge. I always ask people for their input and give them a chance to do things their way, but if nothing comes out of that, they're stuck with my decision.

And of course the night Slash went to Axl's house. Regardless of the details of what exactly was said or wasn't said, Slash did at first try to lie about this whole thing too.

Then you have even Marc Canter saying that Slash lies to make himself look better.

Not to mention Slash and Duff spouting pretty words to the media for decades about only reuniting for the right reasons and so on and so forth, when that couldn't have been farther from the truth.

You're also painting the situation with the CD guys in a much worse light than it deserves. There's no bad blood between most of the CD guys and Axl. Stinson has nothing but nice words to say about Axl and GNR, Fortus and Frank are still in the band, Ashba left voluntarily when he could see the reunion happening and iirc Finck didn't leave on bad terms either, he just left to do different stuff.

So no, I don't find Slash's and Duff's version of events more believable at all, in fact I don't trust a word they say.

I tend to believe Izzy (who is pretty straightforward and has never really been caught telling bullshit stories) and Axl (whose version of events may be skewed and bordering on delusional sometimes, but at least he himself is probably convinced he's telling the truth) much more. Hell, at this point I probably trust even Steven's words more than their's because the guy just isn't capable of lying convincingly.

That too is debatable and certainly not the truth (since none of us here can know what "the truth" is).

Slash wanted to get back into the band for years, going so far as to even refuse to go on stage with Duff, Steven and Izzy at an AFD anniversary celebration because he didn't want to piss Axl off and to show up at Axl's house in the middle of the night, among other things. And as soon as Axl called and finally gave him a chance back in, Slash immediately jumped and was there.

It's all a matter of how you try to spin things. You can either paint Axl as the lonely guy who finally had to admit defeat and beg Slash to come back, or you can paint Slash as the desperate guy who tried for years to get Axl to accept him back in again and who like a dog immediately appeared when Axl finally deigned to give him another chance and called.

If I had to guess, I'd say the truth is probably somewhere in between. Axl realized there was no moving forward with NuGNR and no more money to be made (which he needs to finance his ever-growing horde of Brazilians) and maybe he missed Slash and the times they had (Baz made it sound that way) and was sick of carrying all the weight alone, and Slash also was on the look-out for some extra income after his costly divorce with Perla and since he clearly regretted ever leaving in the first place, he was of course very glad about suddenly having the chance to re-join the band that always meant the world to him, his own band.

I agree with a lot of what you said!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

No, I'm from Costa Rica, but work in Honduras and married a gorgeous Guatemala's man :lol:

I follow this journalist on Twitter since last year...and he gave accurate info before anyone....I guess he has contacts. I just ask him about AC/DC, maybe he answer that

Ok. Yes, he's given the scoop on the GN'R shows in Argentina but I dont know now... it's just a rumour like everything else.

I'm not sure he's a journalist, though...

Alter Bridge is playing here in September so they will probably have "meetings" and arrange something, if it's true the SMKC band is scheduled for next year.

2 minutes ago, Frey said:

There's too much off in their version of things, for example the famous contract which they supposedly signed under duress. If that were true, Axl wouldn't have a legal leg to stand on. I don't care why they've lied about this, maybe they don't really remember anymore and have convinced themselves their version is the truth or maybe they lied to save face because they were dumb enough to sign away their rights and were embarrassed about it (more likely), but the story they've been pushing probably isn't true.

It doesn't matter anymore if they did it under duress or voluntarily. The band belongs to Axl Rose. That's the fact and the only truth that has mattered ever since :shrugs:

Supposedly Axl did this because he was scared of them dying and having their "not so cool" wives controlling the band but it is the same shit that's going to happen if Axl dies first, Duff and Slash will have to deal with TB!!! OMG TB!!!! That's worse than any awful wife. You will see.

5 minutes ago, Frey said:

Then you have the whole Paul Tobias thing you mentioned here. As SoulMonster recently pointed out in another thread, Duff also told two different versions of how the whole PT thing went down. The first one he told painted Axl in a much worse light than the one he told later on, which was much closer to Axl's version of events. Axl's version of events (if one cares to read it) is actually pretty understandable to me. I believe him when he says Slash and Duff immediately reacted with hostility, even though Paul was only supposed to be a temporary help anyway and he only wanted them to at least give it a try. If I had been in Axl's position I would have done exactly the same thing- if no one else makes any suggestions or bothers to find a new guy, then they gotta live with the result of someone else taking charge. I always ask people for their input and give them a chance to do things their way, but if nothing comes out of that, they're stuck with my decision.

Seriously, of all the amazing guitarists in the fucking world YOU'D GO FOR PAUL TOBIAS??? :wow:

Shame on you, Frey :no:

Again, it doesn't matter anymore which one is the right version.... The time has proven that Paul Tobias is a shit who couldn't do more than one show with GN'R :lol: There was no Slash or Duff to hate on him anymore, yet he was a useless musician and I really doubt he has collaborated to the extent they say he did in Chinese Democracy.

Please tell me which hits did he write on his own and which successful band, comparable to Guns, he was at and omg... come on!! :bitchfight:

10 minutes ago, Frey said:

It's all a matter of how you try to spin things. You can either paint Axl as the lonely guy who finally had to admit defeat and beg Slash to come back, or you can paint Slash as the desperate guy who tried for years to get Axl to accept him back in again and who like a dog immediately appeared when Axl finally deigned to give him another chance and called.

No, it's not like that :lol:

Axl didn't achieve any susbtantial success with his nuGN'R. Released only one album in 20 years and it undersold. Most GN'R fans don't have a clue about it or dislike the album. He toured it for an eternity and sales didn't change. By 2014 he was reduced to Vegas residences.

Without Slash, he couldn't play big stadiums and was not accepted in his home country. Had to rely to foreign markets to make a buck. In the meantime he lost the whole lineup he presented as "the new band". All his musicians left, one by one.

How was Slash desperate. Slash would never be desperate because he has a secure job for the rest of his life. The guy could be lying on a couch scratching his balls if he wanted to. He's played with all his idols, he's recorded with one thousand different artists. He's way more respected than Axl in the music industry.

Slash never said he wouldn't play with Axl again. But Axl said "not in this lifetime", "cancer better removed" and "the less we hear of him and his supporters, the better". So, how should those words be understood? Someone who says something like that, in my opinion, they are saying they don't want to see your fucking mug ever again.

Yes, it does make Slash look like a lapdog (I wouldn't give the time of day to a person who treated me like that) but who knows what happened between them in their private conversations. Maybe they both apologize to each other for the things said and done? Maybe they reached an agreement where they will act polite and cool while it lasts?  We don't know, but what I do know is that Guns N' Roses still belongs to Axl Rose, so the future lineups of the band are still on his hands.

Slash is a free soul. He will always be playing, no matter what Axl does and that's his advantage over Axl.... well, the Axl we knew until 2016 because now it seems he finally woke up from his numbness and realized he could also do something else than GN'R. I wish he would have realized about this way before, but okay. Point being, Slash likes working and playing and recording albums and I really doubt Axl will stop him from doing what he loves to do.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Frey said:

I will be pissed if they all let it slip away again and waste some more years (they're not getting any younger!)

I don't give a fuck about AC/DC.

I don't give a fuck about SMKC.

If that is what I'm getting after this tour is over, I'll probably lose most of my interest and motivation to pay attention to what this band is doing.

Agreed 100%. I think we've been patient enough. And I think our patience and understanding have their limits. I am not going to jump with joy because a 60 years old Axl who sings far worse yet and is additionally able to move half as much makes a decision to go back to GN'R for a while to sing the 30 years old songs for a few months, because he knows this herd of lambs, the stupid fans, will always reach to their wallets to let him earn another hundred million dollars, so that he can shit on it all again for a few more years

When it comes to artistic projects it matters to me a lot wheather the artist cares about his work or not. If they do, I do, if they don't, why should I? It's not fucking toilet paper or a chair. The emotions and engagement have to be there on both sides.

So this will be the moment of truth for me. If they finish the tour and sit down to make an album or even if they make a couple of months break and then do the album or even if they decide to continue the NITL for a while longer cause they're having so much fun and only then sit down to write the album, then fine, I'm with them 100%. But if they decide to leave it all up again and waste some of their last productive years on some other stupid things, my interest in this band will go back to the level it was on in the years before the reunion or rather still lower, cause then I would at least peep in every few months to see if there hasn't been some miracle. At this point the miracle has already happened and either they use it the way it should be used or there's no more miracles on the horizon.

Well, count me in with AC/DC and Axl....that was awesome

Myles Kennedy, he is talented....but a litte insipid for my taste...not much into the Conspirators thing

There's is something that I will never understand, if Duff and specially Slash were so succesful with their respective projects, why go back to Axl and GNR and makes us happy? in 2014, the status of Axl's horrid GNR was more dead than a dead. GNR in the great scheme of things were a vague memory of 3 great albums and 1 EP, Slash and Duff continue to sing those marvelous songs in their respective projects and were respected musicians, contrary to Axl (being mocked constanly etc).....I know money was a big issue, but just that? If Axl is that big egomaniac, why got back with him and his TB (by the way I found one of the jobs of Vannesa's husband: pick up from the floor Axl's jackets during the concert)....it has to be more than money....

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, killuridols said:

How was Slash desperate. Slash would never be desperate because he has a secure job for the rest of his life. The guy could be lying on a couch scratching his balls if he wanted to. He's played with all his idols, he's recorded with one thousand different artists. He's way more respected than Axl in the music industry.

He lost me when he played for Martha Sanchez and Paulina Rubio....:no:...that was...no words

Edited by Georgina Arriaga
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

There's is something that I will never understand, if Duff and specially Slash were so succesful with their respective projects, why go back to Axl and GNR and makes us happy? in 2014, the status of Axl's horrid GNR was more dead than a dead. GNR in the great scheme of things were a vague memory of 3 great albums and 1 EP, Slash and Duff continue to sing those marvelous songs in their respective projects and were respected musicians, contrary to Axl (being mocked constanly etc).....I know money was a big issue, but just that? If Axl is that big egomaniac, why got back with him and his TB (by the way I found one of the jobs of Vannesa's husband: pick up from the floor Axl's jackets during the concert)....it has to be more than money....

I think it is because there was a big pressure from the industry and people in general for them to reunite.

Axl has been bombarded with the idea ever since he announced the "NuGuns" :lol: and Slash and Duff were always asked about it too. But, unlike Axl, Slash and Duff had Velvet Revolver which was way more successful than Axl's GN'R. Too bad their singer had so many problems and finally passed away. They were doomed by this as well.

And all bands eventually reunite, after all, it's like a trend.... so why not? :shrugs:

The bolded: this is what we don't know yet. For how long they will stay in the band. I think a more problematic Axl appears when its time to write and put an album out. That's the part where he gets difficult with and egomaniac and perfectionist. As for the shows, it looks to me he's contractually grabbed by the balls regarding the "being late" issue and as long as that is under control, I think Slash and Duff don't really care much about the rest.

8 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

He lost me when he played for Martha Snachez and Paulina Rubio....:no:...that was...no words

Well, he recorded only one song with those people. It's not big deal, in my opinion. He seems to like pop music and that's fine... at least he does things :shrugs:

I dont like Paulina Rubio but Marta Sanchez is a great singer and I respect her music very much.

11 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Supposedly Axl did this because he was scared of them dying and having their "not so cool" wives controlling the band but it is the same shit that's going to happen if Axl dies first, Duff and Slash will have to deal with TB!!! OMG TB!!!! That's worse than any awful wife. You will see.

Yeah, but back then Axl didn't know yet he'd be the one with lots of "not so cool" money-grabbing family one day :lol: Back then he still believed in happily ever after and a bunch of kids with Steph Seymour.

Seriously, of all the amazing guitarists in the fucking world YOU'D GO FOR PAUL TOBIAS??? :wow:

Shame on you, Frey :no:

Again, it doesn't matter anymore which one is the right version.... The time has proven that Paul Tobias is a shit who couldn't do more than one show with GN'R :lol: There was no Slash or Duff to hate on him anymore, yet he was a useless musician and I really doubt he has collaborated to the extent they say he did in Chinese Democracy.

No, I definitely wouldn't go for Paul Tobias and I never said I would :lol:

I said I can understand Axl's motivations that led to him bringing the guy in. Axl also tried other guys at first (> Zakk Wylde), but since that didn't work out, he probably remembered his old buddy from Indiana and told the other guys something like "You know, I have this friend from Indiana, we can use him for the time being until we find someone else. At least give it a try." That's what Axl (And Duff later on) made it sound like at least. I think that's fair, especially given that I've never heard about Slash suggesting anyone or trying to find a new guitarist himself. Who knows, maybe Slash didn't even want them to find another guitarist, he already didn't want Izzy in the band initially and then later on re-recorded all of Izzy's parts on UYI. Maybe he thought he could do it on his own or they'd just need to hire another Gilby or Fortus type, someone who does what he's told but has no real say in the guitar department.

No, it's not like that :lol:

Axl didn't achieve any susbtantial success with his nuGN'R. Released only one album in 20 years and it undersold. Most GN'R fans don't have a clue about it or dislike the album. He toured it for an eternity and sales didn't change. By 2014 he was reduced to Vegas residences.

Without Slash, he couldn't play big stadiums and was not accepted in his home country. Had to rely to foreign markets to make a buck. In the meantime he lost the whole lineup he presented as "the new band". All his musicians left, one by one.

Yes, it is.

Most GNR fans also don't know or care about SMKC or Slash's other solo stuff.

And without Axl, Slash would't be playing stadiums either.

I didn't say Slash was desperate in the "I need the money to feed my children and have a roof over my head" sense (though you could certainly make an argument about that considering some of the people he was willing to play with for money, but that's not my personal opinion), I said Slash could be seen as desperate, or at least very, very interested in getting back into the band he regretted leaving and truly wanted to be in (and that would also make him a lot more money with a lot less effort). You'd need to be desperate (or whatever you want to call it) to pull some of the stunts Slash has pulled.

Yes, it does make Slash look like a lapdog (I wouldn't give the time of day to a person who treated me like that) but who knows what happened between them in their private conversations. Maybe they both apologized to each other for the things said and done?

They better have apologized to each other or at least had a heart-to-heart about some stuff that happened in the past. Otherwise, it's gonna come up again sooner or later to bite them in the ass.

26 minutes ago, Asia said:

Agreed 100%. I think we've been patient enough. And I think our patience and understanding have their limits. I am not going to jump with joy because a 60 years old Axl who sings far worse yet and is additionally able to move half as much makes a decision to go back to GN'R for a while to sing the 30 years old songs for a few months, because he knows this herd of lambs, the stupid fans, will always reach to their wallets to let him earn another hundred million dollars, so that he can shit on it all again for a few more years

When it comes to artistic projects it matters to me a lot wheather the artist cares about his work or not. If they do, I do, if they don't, why should I? It's not fucking toilet paper or a chair. The emotions and engagement have to be there on both sides.

So this will be the moment of truth for me. If they finish the tour and sit down to make an album or even if they make a couple of months break and then do the album or even if they decide to continue the NITL for a while longer cause they're having so much fun and only then sit down to write the album, then fine, I'm with them 100%. But if they decide to leave it all up again and waste some of their last productive years on some other stupid things, my interest in this band will go back to the level it was on in the years before the reunion or rather still lower, cause then I would at least peep in every few months to see if there hasn't been some miracle. At this point the miracle has already happened and either they use it the way it should be used or there's no more miracles on the horizon.

Yes. They've played the silence game long enough. It's time for them to start talking, at least about their future plans, if nothing else (but preferably all the interesting bits we all want to know about too lol).

Also agree with the reasons you listed for supporting them, I'd be fine with all of these options too.

19 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Well, he recorded only one song with those people. It's not big deal, in my opinion. He seems to like pop music and that's fine... at least he does things :shrugs:

I dont like Paulina Rubio but Marta Sanchez is a great singer and I respect her music very much.

Just no.....sorry! Agree very much with everything but this not...jeje

46 minutes ago, Asia said:

@Asia I feel the same way...but I want AC/DC too....

6 minutes ago, Frey said:

Yeah, but back then Axl didn't know yet he'd be the one with lots of "not so cool" money-grabbing family one day :lol: Back then he still believed in happily ever after and a bunch of kids with Steph Seymour.

Well that goes to show he thought higher of himself and the future slapped him on his face, damning him with TB forever. Serves his right! :max:

8 minutes ago, Frey said:

I said I can understand Axl's motivations that led to him bringing the guy in. Axl also tried other guys at first (> Zakk Wylde), but since that didn't work out, he probably remembered his old buddy from Indiana and told the other guys something like "You know, I have this friend from Indiana, we can use him for the time being until we find someone else. At least give it a try." That's what Axl (And Duff later on) made it sound like at least. I think that's fair, especially given that I've never heard about Slash suggesting anyone or trying to find a new guitarist himself. Who knows, maybe Slash didn't even want them to find another guitarist, he already didn't want Izzy in the band initially and then later on re-recorded all of Izzy's parts on UYI. Maybe he thought he could do it on his own or they'd just need to hire another Gilby or Fortus type, someone who does what he's told but has no real say in the guitar department.

His motivations were that he wanted to change the sound of the band and he didn't like what Slash was offering. He thought the sound was dated and he wanted something more up to date with the mid-90's / early 2000's.

I really don't know how Paul Tobias would bring this sound to GN'R :rolleyes: but I would also consider it an insult that he brings in this nobody to a superband like GN'R to "show me" how to update my sound. Which are his credentials? He had none and Slash and Duff said he couldn't play for shit. They weren't mistaken. He was a fiasco at Rock in Rio.

14 minutes ago, Frey said:

Yes, it is.

Most GNR fans also don't know or care about SMKC or Slash's other solo stuff.

And without Axl, Slash would't be playing stadiums either.

Why would the GN'R fans care or know about the side-projects?

The band that remained was Guns N' Roses. Axl wanted to keep it going with new musicians and new music. He failed at it. None of it is Slash fault nor he can be compared to Axl and his GN'R.

Probably the same would have happened to Sluff if they had got to control GN'R and reform it with a new singer. Most GN'R fans wouldn't have accepted a version of it without Axl.

Slash and Duff had to rebuild themselves from scratch. Besides, they are players not singers. It is always easier to go solo as a singer than as a guitarist and even worse as a bassist. They couldn't use anything related to GN'R except for some songs. Considering that they weren't under the huge trademark, they did pretty good for a guitarist and a bassist going solo in a time were rock was declared dead.

6 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Just no.....sorry! Agree very much with everything but this not...jeje

lol ok, whatever. I really don't care that much. The guy is still a legend regardless of whom he plays with.

• Like 1

I dont care about an axl dc album and I dont care about SMKC either. I saw all those solo shows just because we had no choice. it was the different gunners with their solo work or nothing..so I chose to see all of them that came to Europe. 

now with the reunion which I enjoyed very much , it would be really painful if the would again do solo work and let GNR die. I dont know if I would enjoy the shows.. maybe axl as long as his voice lasts but I dont wanna hear Myles Kennedy singing our GNR songs...no thanx. I would go and see steven and izzy if they would ever come to europe again with some sort of band and also Duff because I like his singing but everything would be painful with this 2016 2017 reunion where I witnessed what they are together once again like when I was a teenie. even if Axl has lost some magic touch because he had become to brave. fuck livenation! If he wants to rant or to be a bit late then let it be. Predictable doesn t fit Axl in my opinion. it makes it boring in comparison to 20 y ago or also new gnr where he was also a bit late at least

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Well that goes to show he thought higher of himself and the future slapped him on his face, damning him with TB forever. Serves his right! :max:

I think he just saw that people like Linda (or whoever the drug-addticed playboy bunny Duff was married to at the time was) weren't really the people who should have a say in GNR matters. Which I would agree with (and even Duff probably would, going by his book lol). And no one deserves TB :P

His motivations were that he wanted to change the sound of the band and he didn't like what Slash was offering. He thought the sound was dated and he wanted something more up to date with the mid-90's / early 2000's.

I really don't know how Paul Tobias would bring this sound to GN'R :rolleyes: but I would also consider it an insult that he brings in this nobody to a superband like GN'R to "show me" how to update my sound. Which are his credentials? He had none and Slash and Duff said he couldn't play for shit. They weren't mistaken. He was a fiasco at Rock in Rio.

I really don't think his motivations in bringing in Tobias had anything to do with changing the sound of the band. What credentials does Tobias have that would make him a good choice for that? Even if Axl wanted to completely change the sound of the band and go into a more industrial direction for example (which Axl denies btw), how would Paul Tobias be any use in that? There's nothing Trent Reznor-ish about the guy.

If anything, Tobias probably had the opposite effect- he probably brought more of a simple, Indiana-like vibe to the table. Which I think is part of why Axl thought to bring him in actually - he couldn't have Izzy (for whatever reasons), so replacing him with another childhood buddy guitarist from Indiana whose songwriting Axl also liked might have seemed like the next best thing to him.

Why would the GN'R fans care or know about the side-projects?

The band that remained was Guns N' Roses. Axl wanted to keep it going with new musicians and new music. He failed at it. None of it is Slash fault nor he can be compared to Axl and his GN'R.

Probably the same would have happened to Sluff if they had got to control GN'R and reform it with a new singer. Most GN'R fans wouldn't have accepted a version of it without Axl.

Slash and Duff had to rebuild themselves from scratch. Besides, they are players not singers. It is always easier to go solo as a singer than as a guitarist and even worse as a bassist. They couldn't use anything related to GN'R except for some songs. Considering that they weren't under the huge trademark, they did pretty good for a guitarist and a bassist going solo in a time were rock was declared dead.

Why would GNR fans care about NuGNR? To me, there isn't much difference between NuGNR and the other guys' solo/side projects. To the majority of fans (those who fill the stadiums now), GNR died in the mid 90s. Most of these people didn't bother to follow NuGNR, Slash's solo stuff, Izzy's or anyone else's.

I'll agree that Axl had it easier as a singer and as the owner of the band name, but in the end, none of them really impressed me on their own or made me care enough to really follow what they were doing during that time and the majority of GNR fans seemed to have felt the same way.

5 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I need to find another bunch of self absorbed greedy bastards to follow.

I've been looking for the last 20 years and still not found anything quite the same. 

Fuck my life :facepalm:

Everything else is just too boring and drama-free by comparison :P

Edited by Frey
  • Like 2