GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

6 minutes ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

Semantics my dear @killuridols. My point was that even if the sound slightly changed it still would have been received favorably had it been done by the original line-up

I gotcha but I don't agree, lol :P

First because AFD5 would have never recorded an album like CD and second because if the band had remained together (or at least the UYI tour lineup), there would have been a natural decline in the reception of their albums, like with every other band, the peak is usually when the people are pretty young.

@Frey I think slash has a weave, not implants. In that last picture if you look at his temple area you can see where the weave starts. The texture of his natural hair above that gives it away. I think Steven has the same thing.

hqdefault.jpg

Except Steven's seems to start around his cheekbone area.

Axl's hair just needs to be toned. The color he's got now is way too brassy which is why it looks so brittle. If he fixes the color and uses a good conditioner his hair wouldn't be bad at all.

Duff is some kind of magician with his hair. That guys been using bleach for 30+ years. How the hell he's not bald is some kind of miracle. :lol:

Izzy just doesn't give a fuck. Pretty sure he just rolls outta bed and throws on a hat. :rofl-lol:

(Yes, I just made a hair post. I'm so screwed :facepalm:)

700fdcdfef87109c6aae0489cc18263d3d5140ea

Edited by Kris_1989
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

@Frey I think slash has a weave, not implants. In that last picture if you look at his temple area you can see where the weave starts. The texture of his natural hair above that gives it away. I think Steven has the same thing.

hqdefault.jpg

Except Steven's seems to start around his cheekbone area.

Axl's hair just needs to be toned. The color he's got now is way too brassy which is why it looks so brittle. If he fixes the color and uses a good conditioner his hair wouldn't be bad at all.

Duff is some kind of magician with his hair. That guys been using bleach for 30+ years. How the hell he's not bald is some kind of miracle. :lol:

Izzy just doesn't give a fuck. Pretty sure he just rolls outta bed and throws on a hat. :rofl-lol:

I think you are probably right about Steven and Slash having a weave (what exactly is that though? Is it just somehow woven into the natural hair that's left or glued to the head or what?), but the bald spots on top of Slash's head that were already apparent in the 2000s are gone now too, so I think Slash might have both a weave and implants?

I'll trust your knowledge and expertise on the rest :P

9 minutes ago, Fourteenbeers said:

What a description of Axl... :lol::lol::lol:

Kuvahaun tulos haulle pixie elf pictures+Kuvahaun tulos haulle old chinese woman pictures+

Kuvahaun tulos haulle chipmunk pictures=Kuvahaun tulos haulle axl rose pictures 1980's

Accurate. :lol:

Although you could have taken one of these pictures of Axl where he is smiling really big and gets those chipmunk cheeks and the slanted eyes to really hit it home :P

Edited by Frey
  • Like 1

@Frey

Basically it's a strand of hair (Can be natural, synthetic or a combination of the two) that they clamp to your natural hair with a little band.

8084f8874d5bebe37f6ea0e053b67f0e.jpg

This is what they look like once they're installed.

Edited by Kris_1989

14 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

Basically it's a strand of hair (Can be natural, synthetic or a combination of the two) that they clamp to your natural hair with a little band.

This is what they look like once they're installed.

They look uncomfortable as hell... 

11 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I also can't figure out what the hell Axl has done to his teeth, replaced a lot of them I think. Ouch!! 

porcelain veneers? 

Edited by Fourteenbeers

21 minutes ago, Frey said:

I think you are probably right about Steven and Slash having a weave (what exactly is that though? Is it just somehow woven into the natural hair that's left or glued to the head or what?), but the bald spots on top of Slash's head that were already apparent in the 2000s are gone now too, so I think Slash might have both a weave and implants?

I'll trust your knowledge and expertise on the rest :P

Accurate. :lol:

Although you could have taken one of these pictures of Axl where he is smiling really big and gets those chipmunk cheeks and the slanted eyes to really hit it home :P

Weave can either be glued on as a track or sown into a braid of the persons natural hair. Like Slash I am natural and refuse to go near the stuff LOL.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

I don't want them to re-create Appetite per se, I just want them to create music that stays true to their musical roots, which is blues based hard rock with the bass turned way the fuck up (there's no bass on CD.  That is one of THE defining sounds of GnR and it's buried).  And that's not a lifestyle thing; they don't have to be wild boys living in a hovel in Gardner St to continue making kickass music - they just have to make the kind of music they themselves love.  Sure they can evolve and update and whatnot, but IF they put out new music, I wouldn't like them to lose sight of their original passion for blues/rock genre.  I think Axl lost touch with his musical roots on CD, partially because he obviously had other artistic things he wanted to work through, but also because he lacked Slash and Duff's input and was working with hired hands who weren't all on the same page musically/artistically.  Anyway, i'm still holding out for hope they'll put out new music, not AFD 2, but something we'll still recognise as Guns.

Edit: And yeah, I totally regard CD as Axl solo project.  I don't even think of it as Guns. 

The one who got the blues (or roll), which makes rock true rock`n`roll and that deep, recognizable GNR sound, was Izzy (in UYI era he was still into old, rock`n`roll, simple style of recording with few tracks, while dominantly Axl was into some - I am definitely not sound engineer, just read some bios and things - complex digital thing). I played myself Velvet revolver, and they are solid rock band, but they miss the roll. Axl got used to polish songs to perfection, so you got CD - tons of polish, but still kinda missing the root, the roll. Sound is sometimes too complex and messy for me - too many different sound lines. But it seems like Axl IS into complex sounds. 

Axl`s hair looked good live and I don`t think that there is much more to do with it. 

Hair extensions: works if you have hair on the top of your head ;)

Teeth: I went through his pics, it seems to be just a very, very good dentists job with most of teeth maintained and also quality daily care: his lower teeth were always like chewed back, and this asymmetry maintains, also front teeth differ in size and are almost the same shape like on old photos. He might have naturally darker color of enamel, but fixed it soon (80s?). Shape of front teeth maintains basically through all the life, lower become more chewed down. Replaced teeth tend to be too nice, not just white (if well maintained, of course), but too sharp and younger looking, if you are 50 something (more you can see it in lower ones). I don`t say that dentist cannot make you authentic looking teeth, but it`s really not common practice, if you invest, you want beauty (guessing quality of teeth is crucial in my job). 

Edited by Alja

5 minutes ago, Frey said:

Also, I'll admit I'm a bit of a hair snob. I've had long hair for years and even though it's a bit shorter these days, I still sometimes put conditioner in it. I don't care if admitting that makes me a pussy or gets me thrown out of the manly man club, because it works and makes my hair much nicer than it usually would be :awesomeface:)

Because you're worth it:lol:

• Like 4

Now this is a really important topic, thank you! @Frey

Axl has amazing bone structure and beautiful eyes.  So much about Axl is debated back and forth but I think it's universally agreed that he was incredible to look at in his day, no matter what he was wearing (or not wearing as the case often was).  I think he's still really handsome and has that undefinable IT factor.  He just needs a decent hair style and to lose the pot belly.  Why doesn't someone recommend a decent hair dresser for him?  I don't understand it.  He goes to all that trouble to make his teeth whiter than Simon Cowl's and won't do a thing with his hair.  I think he needs to repair it, grow it and tie it back.  Stay red but probably needs help in the colour department now. 

Slash, I don't think the hair suits him anymore now that he's not young and lanky.  Poor Axl cops it all the time but Slash also has several chins, a belly, and unflattering photo angles galore, but nobody says anything his weight, looks etc..  He looks better in denim than leather these days.

Duff has always looked fabulous (except when he was at the height of his alcoholism and he was bloated and looked horribly ill) and has aged the best out the three.  Helps that he is tall, blonde and in excellent shape and dresses well.  He's always dressed well.  Only other Guns member who was effortlessly stylish and good to look at was Izzy.  That guy had such style.  

They all were tremendously good looking though, even Steven with his mega-watt smile, and I loved how they presented themselves in such different ways.  They each had their own style.

@Alja I know Izzy was largely responsible for that sound but since he's not coming back I just didn't mention him. :lol: 

• Like 3

@Frey :wow::wow::wow:. You're more woman that the rest of us :rofl-lol:

Since I saw the big three recently, I still remember the way they look in a close-up :ph34r: so....Duff looks much better in reality than in the pics and videos, when i saw him on stage smiling and doing what he loves he looked really really great. And yes, he has the best hair in the band (Melissa included).

You can't see much of Slash's face on stage and when I met him face to face it was at night so all I can say is that he looks like.....Slash :shrugs:....my mum calls him "the guy without a face" :rofl-lol:

And Axl definitely looks much better in reality either. When I met him I was surprised how good and young he looked :drool:. The same on stage, especially when he's smiling and mimicking the way that reminds me so much of his young self. His hair definitely needs to be fixed though. :max: A bandana is fine for me, I don't need the hats. He should also smile more in the pics with fans....I'm really happy that I have a smiling Axl picture and not an ass-faced Axl picture. :nervous:

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Axl has amazing bone structure and beautiful eyes.  So much about Axl is debated back and forth but I think it's universally agreed that he was incredible to look at in his day, no matter what he was wearing (or not wearing as the case often was).  I think he's still really handsome and has that undefinable IT factor.  He just needs a decent hair style and to lose the pot belly.  Why doesn't someone recommend a decent hair dresser for him?  I don't understand it.  He goes to all that trouble to make his teeth whiter than Simon Cowl's and won't do a thing with his hair.  I think he needs to repair it, grow it and tie it back.  Stay red but probably needs help in the colour department now. 

Slash, I don't think the hair suits him anymore now that he's not young and lanky.  Poor Axl cops it all the time but Slash also has several chins, a belly, and unflattering photo angles galore, but nobody says anything his weight, looks etc..  He looks better in denim than leather these days.

Duff has always looked fabulous (except when he was at the height of his alcoholism and he was bloated and looked horribly ill) and has aged the best out the three.  Helps that he is tall, blonde and in excellent shape and dresses well.  He's always dressed well.  Only other Guns member who was effortlessly stylish and good to look at was Izzy.  That guy had such style.  

They all were tremendously good looking though, even Steven with his mega-watt smile, and I loved how they presented themselves in such different ways.  They each had their own style.

@Alja I know Izzy was largely responsible for that sound but since he's not coming back I just didn't mention him. :lol: 

Great description!!???

6 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

Because you're worth it:lol:

Exactly! :lol:

5 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

No way. Axl has done something to his teeth that has changed his smile a bit. 

Apart from the color, his teeth look much bigger to me than they used to be. Back in the day, he had really tiny teeth lol.

1 minute ago, Andy14 said:

@Frey :wow::wow::wow:. You're more woman that the rest of us :rofl-lol:

Fuck off, long hair is metal and rock n roll and therefore manly. :max::P

4 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

You're welcome :awesomeface:

I agree that Izzy and Duff were and are probably the best dressers out of all of them, while Steven was the worst.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Frey said:

Fuck off, long hair is metal and rock n roll and therefore manly. :max::P

That's not what I meant and you know it :max:. It's your detailed analysis of GNR hairstyles and looks. After all, it may be you who they should hire as their stylist :ph34r:. Can I be your assistant? :wub:

Anyway.....you and long hair....my mental image of what you look like has totally changed :facepalm: :P

30 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Several chins? I've only counted two at most...:P (sorry @janrichmond)

Edited by Fourteenbeers