GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

2 hours ago, Andy14 said:

Axl finally has a shirt that matches his face :rofl-lol:

20604368_1955023551435720_4262412248920669050_n.jpg?oh=95be35080ba2eeb8d84a2777c9b5886f&oe=5A310DED

I can`t see, but if f he had sandals with those socks... maybe too intense exposition to Czech beer...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

I know, I'm driving myself crazy now looking for that damned photo...

This is the only photo I can think of....it's from St. Louis, he's among fans and he is wering shorts and sneakers....but he has the socks :shrugs:

Image may contain: one or more people and people standing

2 minutes ago, Alja said:

I can`t see, but if f he had sandals with those socks... maybe too intense exposition to Czech beer...

Omg, yes, Czech fashion of wearing socks with sandals :facepalm:. I hope he hasn't drunk too much of the beer then :nervous:

4 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Si :lol:

I don't know about Americans, to be fair, but Italian is really difficult to pronounce to me. Spanish and French I think is easier, but we probably sound totally horrible when speaking it, to their ears lol. 

I can confirm it. I studied Italian in Italy and all English-natives really struggled with the pronunciation. It was hard for them to make it sound Italian, especially because of the "R" sound. 

On the other hand....Italians, French, Czechs, Russians, etc. speaking English is not very pleasant to the ear either :lol:

• Like 1

Just now, Andy14 said:

Omg, yes, Czech fashion of wearing socks with sandals :facepalm:. I hope he hasn't drunk too much of the beer then :nervous:

More than alcohol it seems to be some czech beer spirit, which makes czech beer so good, so it might not be dose-related... Poor unaccustomed midwestern guy,  I had american beer once, it was like sex on caone - f*ckin` close to water. 

Other working theory is that he was exposed in Prague and with certain fashion sense that socks`n sandals thing is contagious. :nervous:

Third theory is that he intended to be cleverly disgusted as inconspicuous average Czech tourist (did not work).

11 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I don't know about Americans, to be fair, but Italian is really difficult to pronounce to me. Spanish and French I think is easier, but we probably sound totally horrible when speaking it, to their ears lol. 

I think that spanish and Italian are very similar....

5 minutes ago, alfierose said:

He had his leg operated on didn't he, after breaking it at the Troubadour? It may have left scarring.

It was on foot, little toe side, by the size of internal fixation of the bone (which is ca 5-7cm long) scars after planned surgery are usually so small that you don`t even see them if you don`t know about them. 

• Like 2

Jesus people, give the guy a break about his socks. I think the reason he wears them is simply because he likes these kinds of socks.

He's been wearing them since the UYI tour. Only back then he paired these socks with combat boots and underpants and somehow that looked less ridiculous to you lot apparently :lol:

He also wore these socks during past tours in the 2000s. I know because there was one time when he wasn't wearing them (he was wearing purple socks instead) and someone somewhere was shocked enough by that to make a whole new thread about it :rofl-lol: Good times.

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Ok, I'll be serious now :P

He has always complained about having bad/weak ankles. I think he seriously tapes them up during shows, maybe he bandages them up too tight. 

This might also be a reason for the socks. He might wear these loose-fitting, high socks to hide tapes and bandages.

3 hours ago, Andy14 said:

Axl finally has a shirt that matches his face :rofl-lol:

20604368_1955023551435720_4262412248920669050_n.jpg?oh=95be35080ba2eeb8d84a2777c9b5886f&oe=5A310DED

As for that shirt...

Is he sending us a message? :awesomeface:

Does he want us to help him?

Or did he simply read this thread recently, saw all this stuff about people wanting to help him (some time ago) and people wanting to protect him (only a few days ago) and bought an appropriate shirt? :awesomeface:

HI AXL!

Edited by Frey
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, Italian girl said:

I think that spanish and Italian are very similar....

Yes enough similar, in Argentine whit great inmigration italian The slang have  words derivative of language italian

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

I know, I'm driving myself crazy now looking for that damned photo...

You shouldn't. Such picture doesn't exist.

36 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I don't know about Italian but there is this American guy who is a successful YouTuber here because he speaks perfect Argentinian Spanish and he knows another American guy who speaks perfect Brazilian Portuguese and is also a YouTuber.

IMO, anyone can master any language with years of dedication, study and of course, living in the place of the language you want to master it is the biggest plus.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Frey said:

HI AXL!

Axl, the Women's Thread is there to help! Sock questions, hair do, life advice. We got it sorted out!!! :rofl-lol:

And please, Frey! White socks with underpants is not ridiculous at all. When you're Axl Rose in the 90ies. Otherwise, never wear white socks. Ever. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Ratam said:

Yes enough similar, in Argentine whit great inmigration italian The slang have  words derivative of language italian

No way. Italian and Spanish are not that similar. Spanish and Portuguese are much more similar.

1 hour ago, Tori72 said:

Axl, the Women's Thread is there to help! Sock questions, hair do, life advice. We got it sorted out!!! :rofl-lol:

And please, Frey! White socks with underpants is not ridiculous at all. When you're Axl Rose in the 90ies. Otherwise, never wear white socks. Ever. 

Going off of that, he should bring back the combat boots. Those white underpants can stay in the vault.

Hey Rose, if you're reading this thread...you could always go barefoot like myself. I bet you have sexy feet.

Edited by purplestargirl

51 minutes ago, Andy14 said:
57 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I can confirm it. I studied Italian in Italy and all English-natives really struggled with the pronunciation. It was hard for them to make it sound Italian, especially because of the "R" sound. 

On the other hand....Italians, French, Czechs, Russians, etc. speaking English is not very pleasant to the ear either :lol:

When a sound doesn't exist in one's native language, it needs a lot of practice to come close to pronounce it correctly.

For example, our "t" sound is not the same as the English sound and we don't have the French (or German umlaut) "u" sound (although ancient Greek had it). The languages that are the easiest for a Greek to pronounce are Italian and Spanish, although there are differences.

And yes, English -> Italian and vice versa is difficult...

Spoiler

:lol:

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, purplestargirl said:

Going off of that, he should bring back the combat boots. Those white underpants can stay in the vault.

Hey Rose, if you're reading this thread...you could always go barefoot like myself. I bet you have sexy feet.

Yup, combat bootes, loved those. And yeah, there was an emphasis on underpants and the 90ies. Even for Axl.  lol

1 hour ago, Frey said:

Jesus people, give the guy a break about his socks. I think the reason he wears them is simply because he likes these kinds of socks.

He's been wearing them since the UYI tour. Only back then he paired these socks with combat boots and underpants and somehow that looked less ridiculous to you lot apparently :lol:

He also wore these socks during past tours in the 2000s. I know because there was one time when he wasn't wearing them (he was wearing purple socks instead) and someone somewhere was shocked enough by that to make a whole new thread about it :rofl-lol: Good times.

This might also be a reason for the socks. He might wear these loose-fitting, high socks to hide tapes and bandages.

As for that shirt...

Is he sending us a message? :awesomeface:

Does he want us to help him?

Or did he simply read this thread recently, saw all this stuff about people wanting to help him (some time ago) and people wanting to protect him (only a few days ago) and bought an appropriate shirt? :awesomeface:

HI AXL!

Is this a new picture taken after that conversation here in the thread?

59 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Yup, combat bootes, loved those. And yeah, there was an emphasis on underpants and the 90ies. Even for Axl.  lol

The kilt can also be brought back. Now I'm wondering if he went commando when he did wear it. 

4 minutes ago, killuridols said:

No way. Italian and Spanish are not that similar. Spanish and Portuguese are much more similar.

Portuguese Brasil yes, portuguese  Portugal is to speak with  a broad  portuguese accent,not similar in absolut, plus slang Argentinian is derivative of italian language

2 minutes ago, purplestargirl said:

Is this a new picture taken after that conversation here in the thread?

The kilt can also be brought back. Now I'm wondering if he went commando when he did wear it. 

Nope. White shorts. 

14 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

I like white socks :ph34r: But I am generally so unfashionable... I disagree with just too many fashion rules :shrugs:

Btw, Slash wore white socks too in the 90-s, very similar ones in fact :lol: I'm not sure about now, though...

Edited by Asia