GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

59 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Ah yes, I love this.  It's almost hypnotic, you know?  You just can't stop watching.:lol:  They used their 'wasted' time very wisely.  Shoulda been more of those on-stage shenanigans. 

Axl in a g-string!  That guy...he certainly liked to challenge acceptable dress code.  Was that from Rock in Rio 91? 

I have no idea. GNR experts, we need you!

1 minute ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Ah yes, I love this.  It's almost hypnotic, you know?  You just can't stop watching.:lol:  They used their 'wasted' time very wisely.  Shoulda been more of those on-stage shenanigans. 

Axl in a g-string!  That guy...he certainly liked to challenge acceptable dress code.  Was that from Rock in Rio 91? 

Yes ma'am

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

From the 91 Indiana show....KOHD I could watch this moment all day. Watching it at normal speed is so much better.

How do you watch it at normal speed?  

Edit: oh never mind stupid question! ha!  Just go find the video...which of course I am now going to do...woo!

Edited by MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle

47 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

LOL! What on earth...how did he end up in that situation?  Slash sure had a great body back then.  Naturally lean and toned.  I like Axl's physique back then too, more athletic than Slash's, almost like a dancer's - well, that's what he spent a lot of time doing, I guess.  

There was this "tradition" according to which the headlining band did a prank on the opening band, and that was the prank Slash and Duff did on Soundgarden (the Soundgarden guys didn't find it funny at all though :lol:), but we only have a picture of Slash's butt (I think)...

• Like 2

13 hours ago, killuridols said:

Because up to that moment I was mainly listening to male artists and this is the first female band that I gave a try. From there I started listening to lots of female musicians so yeah....

-----

Ok, here's one more copycat Axl that I just remembered :max:

Fucking Ricky Martin in a skirt or kilt :rolleyes:

ricky-martin-012.jpg

COUBTJ-UcAANdCP.jpg

Ugh.... just NO. 

Remember that designer who did a whole Axl range ?

IMG_4728.thumb.PNG.b940ba08b2d6bafd5420f1598d47d4ab.PNG

:lol:

Thinking about it, nobody can get that black kilt anywhere near right, not even a fashion designer who sells them for a stupid amount of money :facepalm:

Where did Axl get that black leather kilt from? It really was one of a kind! 

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders
  • Like 1

I'm sorry I gotta derail this thread.  But first let me say that I actually like this look below. If only more men would dare to rock a skirt or kilt. Still even though designer ware and model, it's not even close to Axl. 

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Thinking about it, nobody can get that black kilt anywhere near right, not even a fashion designer who sells them for a stupid amount of money :facepalm:

Now kilt derailment

Spoiler

Anyone love Outlander series? Next after Axl there isn't anything more sexy in a kilt than Sam Heughan. If in costume or real life.

Giftgreatkilt.jpg

8b61f768e24e0dbe70a2fd968183199f--hot-sc

He's ginger, too. :awesomeface:

Edited by Tori72

10 hours ago, Blackstar said:

There was this "tradition" according to which the headlining band did a prank on the opening band, and that was the prank Slash and Duff did on Soundgarden (the Soundgarden guys didn't find it funny at all though :lol:), but we only have a picture of Slash's butt (I think)...

lol! Do you know of other pranks they did?

1 minute ago, Andy14 said:

Forget Slaxl, Sluff or other old-fashioned couples. Now a brand new couple comes into play. Shall we call it Durtus? Foff? Or Riff? :ph34r:

yvsKeWpBYoM.jpg

Foff it is!!! :awesomeface:

Edited by Tori72
  • Like 1

So much to love on this page 305. :wub:   

OK, first of all, YES, to Kids React to Guns N Roses.  So awesome.  Loved how one of the girls says half way through, "OH, and here comes that voice again,"  which I thought was cool, showing that even a ten year old knows that Axl has THE most distinct voice ever, whether you like it or not.

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Do you remember which was the designer inspired by Axl?  I have a collection of samurai/skirt/kilt inspired fashion on Pinterest.  Being a Japanofile since I was a kid, I am very interested in any silhouette that resembles an A line or a column, or any skirt with a paper bag waist, or box pleat or any dress with these qualities too.  That's a great look in this pic.  Nobody does it like Axl.  This is meant to be streamlined with smooth, clean lines.  Axl was anti-streamline.  He was about mixing it up, breaking lines up and clashing textures and layers.  Slash had a great 'simplified' layering style.  Sorry, I'm getting carried away commenting on clothes!  It's one of the reasons I love looking at photos of the band - I love examining their styles.  It a thing with me.

29 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

Forget Slaxl, Sluff or other old-fashioned couples. Now a brand new couple comes into play. Shall we call it Durtus? Foff? Or Riff? :ph34r:

yvsKeWpBYoM.jpg

I am totally on board with this potential pairing. ^^ I really like Richard.  Since looking into him a bit more, I think he comes across as nice guy.  Down to earth, not crazy, not addicted to anything, and really under-appreciated by so many fans.  He's very talented and he's stuck by Axl through all the shit, and that takes some character.  He hasn't been fired by Axl, so he must have something going for him.:lol:  And Duff likes him.   Foduff?  Dufftus?  

Edited by MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle
  • Like 2