GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

27 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

Axl more on edge? I disagree with you on this one...have you seen the latest pics from the past few shows? Even the fans have commented how on this NA tour, he is so much more relaxed, happy,  and smiley compared to last year's NA tour. 

I do think Axl and Slash are fine....I have watched all of their shows and they seem just peachy. Did you guys see the pic of the big 3 from Little Rock? Grinning from ear to ear they were. :) They are side by side most of the time on stage too...lots of pics of them together. As far as Tako, she told someone that she is retired and uses her savings to travel the world and follow Guns. She must have saved since she was 5 haha!

Yeah, he's still smiley and happy, but some recent stuff like the nightclub incident or the security fuckhead incident (not to mention him completely forgetting his twitter account, despite being glued to his smartphone all the time seemingly) give me pause. Up until now, Axl was behaving perfectly, and now we start seeing flashes of the old Axl again suddenly. I'm not saying this necessarily has to mean anything, but I certainly noticed it.

And okay, guess Tako had a good job. All these tickets, flights and hotels must cost her a fortune.

19 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I didn't know her before the reunion but soon enough I noticed she would only focus on Slash and then I scrolled back to her past photos and discovered she had been following Slash and his bands for quite some time and it looked to me like she was an Slashite of the kind that didn't follow nuGN'R nor Axl. She came back with the reunion and first thing that called my attention was her at the Troubadour show, front row, turning towards Slash side and only banging to him.... like Axl was 10cm next to her and she would turn her whole body and head to Slash, like deliberately showing off she was there for Slash and not the rest of the band.

That shit made me aware of the kind of fan she is and now I'm completely surprised by her comments on Facebook. I'm still not understand what happened for her to change her mind like that when she's been allowed everywhere and has taken 2000000 pictures of Slash. Even Meegan likes her photos and shit.... :shrugs:

Sometimes I wonder what would happen if Axl was to show a girlfriend or wife.

Now with all the Slash mess... I've been thinking if Axl is even allowed to have a woman and go public with her. Maybe he does have one but she's covered under several masks :smiley-confused2:

She doesn't go to GN'R shows only. Going by her pictures, she's always at a rock show.... I think she's a photographer and so is her husband, but not sure, really.

Maybe her and other fans (like the one @MillionsOfSpiders just mentioned) not getting special treatment by Slash anymore is pissing her off?

I agree that these people need to realize that Slash is not a small act anymore now and what they have come to expect isn't possible anymore.

As for Axl having a girlfriend.......... jeeeez, the creeps and psychos it would probably bring out of the woodwork. We'd need a whole thread just for creep watch.

4 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

:confused:

The fuck did I just watch?

:lol:

(So since useless Jordan is there, does that mean Axl was taking the video? j/k)

25 minutes ago, Asia said:

What? Can you elaborate on that? :lol:

Sorry, it's your quote of course,  @MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle

Oh, yeah, sure :P More like completely fascinated with one another. :lol: I mean this argument doesn't hold. Of course Slash was more or less wasted or drunk pretty much all of the time between the day they started and until they broke up but does it mean that each of his behaviours should be interpreted that way? I don't think so. And he was the least drunk and wasted during shows - playing guitar takes some precision and if he was really gone he'd be fucking up all of the time. And it was rather rarely that he did.

Right now nobody really knows how things are going between them but judging on the basis of the lack of Slaxl moments on stage is far fetched. First of all Slash is so concentrated he doesn't see anything but the guitar most of the time. Second, everybody is scrutinizing and discussing every little moment they come in contact with one another for another week, I think it might be a little intimidating. In the early days there were no you tube videos and nobody cared which is why, I think, they could easily allow themselves for more. Also they are much more easy going in this respect in the promo videos - the one with Slash opening his arms for a hug upon seeing Axl shows a lot of warmth rather than hostility. So regardless of the truth I don't think we have any reason to believe antyhing is wrong judging by what we have.

I am also far from thinking that the fact Slash didn't want to take a picture with one fan means anything is wrong. Please, he could be tired, could have had a headache, could be pissed off at something at that moment, whatever. Or the fan could have been simply irritating. Why would this incident mean he's off or has some serious problem with whatever? Seriously, I would start killing people if they followed me all the time nagging me for a picture :lol:

This post confuses the hell out of me :lol:

But yeah, I agree with the main points.

And good point about the promo videos - it was actually Slash who wanted to go for the full hug in that one and Axl was the one who ruined it by grabbing his neck :lol:

Similar to the way Slash immediately tried to catch Axl when it looked like he was going to fall.

What this tells me is that Slash is actually pretty attentive and open towards Axl when he's not focused on playing guitar.

And even when he's focused on playing guitar, Slash still usually laughs at Axl's antics or throws a smile in his direction.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Frey said:

@MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle ... You should check out some of the older Slaxl moments from the NITL tour. You don't need to hold onto one or two instances of them smiling at each other or whatever, because @Andy14 is right- there have been tons of Slaxl moments since the NITL tour started. Off the top of my head I also remember the one where Axl showed Slash his shirt (and Slash later wearing that shirt it seemed), Axl tickling Slash, Axl leaning on Slash and them smiling at each other, them laughing together in that promo video (and hugging later on), Slash immediately trying to catch Axl when it looked like Axl was going to stumble with his crutches during one of the very first shows... I feel like I've seen a million NITL Slaxl GIFs and pictures in this thread and the old one. They're doing fine as far as I'm concerned.

Also, I don't really see what Slash seeming off has to with Slaxl. If there's really something off about Slash, I think it's more the pressure from a tour this big and all the crazy shit that comes with it (like stalkers and psychos), like I said above. Tbh, I think they should all take a break. What they're doing can't be good for Axl's voice and Axl seems more on edge too lately, and now something's also wrong with Slash supposedly? Time to dial it back a bit imo.

I know, @Andy14 is like a super ninja GNR historian person! :lol: Just the...knowledge and the archival evidence is like, wow!  I'm very grateful!

I didn't say it had to with Slaxl, in fact I said it had nothing to do with Slaxl, just to do with performance chemistry or showing that they are having a good time. :)  But annnjnywaaaay...thank you for listing some of the moments and recommending the older stuff - I will check out.  It's good that everyone else seems to think they are doing fine.  This reassures me.

I have this thing...this preoccupation with their friendship being real and I DON'T KNOW WHY.  I probably should psychoanalyse myself or something.  I have this irrational fear of their current 'friendship' being a sham and I can't put my finger on what i think is 'off' about Slash.  I don't know why it matters to me. 

28 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

Axl more on edge? I disagree with you on this one...have you seen the latest pics from the past few shows? Even the fans have commented how on this NA tour, he is so much more relaxed, happy,  and smiley compared to last year's NA tour. 

I do think Axl and Slash are fine....I have watched all of their shows and they seem just peachy. Did you guys see the pic of the big 3 from Little Rock? Grinning from ear to ear they were. :) They are side by side most of the time on stage too...lots of pics of them together. As far as Tako, she told someone that she is retired and uses her savings to travel the world and follow Guns. She must have saved since she was 5 haha!

Yeah, I agree, Axl isn't on edge, he seems like he's having a jolly good time actually. I DID see the pic from Little Rock and that made feel very warm and fuzzy.  So maybe all is well after all.  

26 minutes ago, Asia said:

What? Can you elaborate on that? :lol:

Sorry, it's your quote of course,  @MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle,

Oh, yeah, sure :P More like completely fascinated with one another. :lol: I mean this argument doesn't hold. Of course Slash was more or less wasted or drunk pretty much all of the time between the day they started and until they broke up but does it mean that each of his behaviours should be interpreted that way? I don't think so. And he was the least drunk and wasted during shows - playing guitar takes some precision and if he was really gone he'd be fucking up all of the time. And it was rather rarely that he did.

Right now nobody really knows how things are going between them but judging on the basis of the lack of Slaxl moments on stage is far fetched. First of all Slash is so concentrated he doesn't see anything but the guitar most of the time. Second, everybody is scrutinizing and discussing every little moment they come in contact with one another for another week, I think it might be a little intimidating. In the early days there were no you tube videos and nobody cared which is why, I think, they could easily allow themselves for more. Also they are much more easy going in this respect in the promo videos - the one with Slash opening his arms for a hug upon seeing Axl shows a lot of warmth rather than hostility. So regardless of the truth I don't think we have any reason to believe antyhing is wrong judging by what we have.

I am also far from thinking that the fact Slash didn't want to take a picture with one fan means anything is wrong. Please, he could be tired, could have had a headache, could be pissed off at something at that moment, whatever. Or the fan could have been simply irritating. Why would this incident mean he's off or has some serious problem with whatever? Seriously, I would start killing people if they followed me all the time nagging me for a picture :lol:

Now I am definitely NOT a super ninja GNR historian because I know hardly anything, but I do know that Slash played while absolutely hammered and/or high and played super well.  ^^  Axl said in that last interview he gave for a really long time (someone posted it here - the interviewer, what was his name? re-uploaded the interview in full) that 'to Slash's credit he could play great guitar on a lot of drugs'.  Chris Cornell said the same thing.  He couldn't believe how well Slash played while drunk and it was testament to his 'consistency'.  :lol:  Just had to get that out there.

I like what you had to say, and I'll take that as reassurance! ^^  Oh, and I didn't think there was something 'off' about Slash because he refused to have picture taken with the crazy fan - it was the what,'s her name?  Tako comment about his apparent 'change of attitude' since Jan, however, I now realise this Tako is probably not someone to take seriously.  

• Like 1

OMG the woman who took a picture with Axl recently (the picture where he's wearing the shorts and pulled up white socks and she's holding a sing about waiting a lifetime outside hotel) just posted that Slash was rude to her and so was Meegan!!! :lol:

54 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I noticed another Slash fan recently, he talks to Meegan a lot on Instagram so you may notice him soon too. He went to a GnR show last year and he wrote on Instagram about how he was pissed off he wasn't given a backstage this time. He was going off like it was a massive injustice and someone asked him if Slash had said why he couldn't have one and he told them that all Slash would say was is that it is complicated. I suppose it is now with weirdos like Jasmin etc. 

Thats what he has to deal with. I think these fans have been used to being treated very personally by Slash, which is nice, but now he is in a totally different and bigger situation, they must understand it isn't possible on this level, it's just not. 

I think they're being a bit selfish. 

No, I don't know who is that guy but Slash saying its complicated might also mean that he has to ask TB for those backstage passes and he has to justify who he's giving access and why. It is not only him backstage now, there is the whole band included Duff and Axl.

Seriously, with all the nutsos out there and revealing themselves online, I would be so scared to meet those fans. Unfortunately, it ruins it for us, the sane ones but we will have to deal with it too :shrugs:

38 minutes ago, Frey said:

Maybe her and other fans (like the one @MillionsOfSpiders just mentioned) not getting special treatment by Slash anymore is pissing her off?

I agree that these people need to realize that Slash is not a small act anymore now and what they have come to expect isn't possible anymore.

As for Axl having a girlfriend.......... jeeeez, the creeps and psychos it would probably bring out of the woodwork. We'd need a whole thread just for creep watch.

Umm, I'm not sure she has that problem because TB knows her, she's team Margott so she's not a stranger to the freak show and this is recent, you know, this opinion she has of Slash seems recent to me because she spent 2016 going to shows and photographing and what not. I'd like to know more!

13 minutes ago, penelope said:

I love this video and that it is a Britney song lol.  Susan looks stunning, I wonder why she didn't get as popular as Cindy Crawford or at least Stephanie Seymour in her model years.

She was more successful than Stephanie. Stephanie was just more in the limelight because of her social life, but in terms of runway and covers, Susan had her beat back in the day. And I don't know if it's fair to compare Susan to Cindy because Cindy never took time off. Cindy works constantly, so her success has been consistently growing and long term. Susan had a huge amount of success and then took a long break to have children, but if she had kept at it I think she could've had a career like Cindy. :shrugs:

Edited by Kris_1989

7 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

She was more successful than Stephanie. Stephanie was just more in the limelight because of her social life, but in terms of runway and covers, Susan had her beat back in the day. And I don't know if it's fair to compare Susan to Cindy because Cindy never took time off. Cindy works constantly, so her success has been consistently growing and long term. Susan had a huge amount of success and then took a long break to have children, but if she had kept at it I think she could've had a career like Cindy. :shrugs:

I didn't know that, I didn't even know who Stephanie was till Iast year when I read about her on here...  I found lots of runway shows of Stephanie on you tube (and million catwalks by Cindy) and commercials too, but I barely found anything about Susan...

I'm not implying anything, I just compared her with those two because they kinda have similar features to me, also I think Susan was the one who aged the best?

i never realized this before but apparently you can look at peoples Instagram accounts even if you aren't an Instagram user.  Duh!!! So i had a nosey and think no one else has mentioned that slash's ex wife told people to shut the fuck up, accused them of slander and stuck up for megan and all of the kids.   She  a bit eccentric and i can see why she is polarizing but not as bad as i expected.  She ain't boring thats for sure. There is a lot of hate directed at her too so why don't people stick up for her.  Whats the difference?

I am really liking Duff and his family....maybe a bit of over sharing but he seems like such a good soul.  I'm reading his book at the moment, he's a pretty switched on guy.

• Like 1

A lot to catch up on.

About the video with Susan, Duff and the "squad". I love it. I love being silly and doing bullshit like that myself, I truly think silly stupid fun is important in life. Haha.  And i love it that Duff is participating. Are we the rocknroll police to tell Duff or whoever what is ok for them to do and what not? Guess not. The guy is having some silly fun, good for him. And anyway, Duff's a great husband and partner to Susan and I love how those two are together. Imagine Susan and the rest having fun like that and Duff lying there like a stick, trying to be cool and rocknroll or whatever you think he should be? I'd find that pretty sad...

To answer to @killuridols: Tako seems weird to me because she is following GnR for over a year or so. No matter how much money she apparently has to spend like that - why does it not get boring, like @MillionsOfSpiders said about seeing Metallica for the 3rd time. People can do whatever they want and I'm not judging Tako on following GnR like that. I am questioning her judgment on Slash or anybody because to me she apparantly is emotionally envolved with this band that goes literally the extra mile. Our bunch here is pretty crazy, too. But at least we have our own lives, we don't appreciate stalking or doing weird shit offline. There is a certain line and that's one of the things why I like this thread. Who said that it seems like a bunch of previleged fans throwing tantrums because Slash is not behaving like a small act anymore? That's what I think, too. He can't behave like that anymore because there are more people backstage. And the whole Jasmin or whatshername incident with threads on Meegan and her kids is for sure taking its toll. It should. So Tako being angry with Slash and being emotional and telling he changed and so she's not taking any pics of him? How infantile is that? So, whatever she says, I'll take it with a huge grain of salt.

Whatelse? Slaxl and/or friendship. Thanks @Andy14 for the gif parade. That was cute to watch, like the evolvement of those two feeling more and more at ease with each other. So yeah, there were some cute moments between Axl and Slash but of course nothing comparable to the old days. Which is only natural. Even if we classify this as Slaxl onstage I am still wondering if there is friendship backstage. It doesn't really matter as they're performing great and seemingly get along well. But a friendship? Hanging out? Having heart to heart conversations? Doing silly jokes and having fun together? Meeting family? There's my gut feeling saying no.

Whatever it is they're having. I hope it doesn't prevent them from making new music. Because hands down, that's what I'm becoming more and more interested in. The tour is getting longer and longer and we all know that can't be too good for everyone. There's also my gut feeling that they're not writing on new music together...

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, penelope said:

I didn't know that, I didn't even know who Stephanie was till Iast year when I read about her on here...  I found lots of runway shows of Stephanie on you tube (and million catwalks by Cindy) and commercials too, but I barely found anything about Susan...

I'm not implying anything, I just compared her with those two because they kinda have similar features to me, also I think Susan was the one who aged the best?

How old are you?

I think you're kind of mixing up professional success with popularity. They are not the same thing.

Out of the three people you mentioned, Cindy Crawford was the most popular in the 90s. This is basically because she married Richard Gere, who was one of the hottest actors of Hollywood in the 90s as well. This helped her a lot in her career. I remember her face plastered everywhere and was in every gossip mag, tv show, etc.

Stephanie was digging her way up before Axl but she wasn't as popular as Cindy. The Guns N' Roses videos and her relationship with Axl put her in the limelight too. She continued working with Versace and making commercials for L'oreal but in 1993 she took time off for having kids. I did not hear from her again until many years later.

Susan was just a hard working model like the rest. She worked for most major designers and made covers for the most popular magazines, but as a model not like the wife or girlfriend of anyone, so I think her career was pretty successful in the 90s. Just not a popular model or part of the supermodel gang.

7 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

About the video with Susan, Duff and the "squad". I love it. I love being silly and doing bullshit like that myself, I truly think silly stupid fun is important in life. Haha.  And i love it that Duff is participating. Are we the rocknroll police to tell Duff or whoever what is ok for them to do and what not? Guess not. The guy is having some silly fun, good for him.

Who is giving shit to Duff for that video? :wow:

Let me know so that I can let my hammer fall over some head :smiley-confused2:

10 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Tako seems weird to me because she is following GnR for over a year or so. No matter how much money she apparently has to spend like that - why does it not get boring, like @MillionsOfSpiders said about seeing Metallica for the 3rd time. People can do whatever they want and I'm not judging Tako on following GnR like that. I am questioning her judgment on Slash or anybody because to me she apparantly is emotionally envolved with this band that goes literally the extra mile. Our bunch here is pretty crazy, too. But at least we have our own lives, we don't appreciate stalking or doing weird shit offline. There is a certain line and that's one of the things why I like this thread. Who said that it seems like a bunch of previleged fans throwing tantrums because Slash is not behaving like a small act anymore? That's what I think, too. He can't behave like that anymore because there are more people backstage. And the whole Jasmin or whatshername incident with threads on Meegan and her kids is for sure taking its toll. It should. So Tako being angry with Slash and being emotional and telling he changed and so she's not taking any pics of him? How infantile is that? So, whatever she says, I'll take it with a huge grain of salt.

Yeah, well, I too wonder how is it possible for a regular average Joe or Jane to not only have the money but also find the time for going to so many shows around the world!!

Because even if you are a millionaire, money doesn't grow on trees, you have to work to keep the machine going, unless someone is funding you? Supporting you? Taking care of your business while you are away?

These people have been going to shows the entire year, from North America to Europe, to South America and even Asia. It's just mind boggling  :shrugs:

But you know, that doesn't even bother me.... I'm upset for discovering the real face of them so-called celebrity fans :rolleyes: acting all entitled like the artist would owe them their life.

She said Slash has changed since the Japan shows :question:..... What does it mean? Is she implying something else? I hope this is not another crazy taking it on Meegan, because that woman who met Axl the other day is already saying Meegan was rude to her and told her to go away.... All of a sudden all psychos organize themselves to start a campaign against Meegan and Slash just because they are putting limits and not letting the creeps crawl up to their bed? :facepalm:

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Tori72 said:

lol! Do you know of other pranks they did?

Only one that was done on them (on Steven specifically) by Motley Crue, which was awful: Motley Crue made Steven inhale toilet disinfectant fooling him that it was coke.

13 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

It's weird because I think they think they are celebrities amongst fans, they know it all :rolleyes: That's the kind of attitude they have. It's very amusing to see it first hand, and sure they spend a lot of money following GnR everywhere but that's all on them, not the band!

I'm sure 99% of these super fans are lovely people but from the celebrities POV they must make them a bit nervous. Seeing the same faces everywhere you go probably feels a little stalkerish and there are plenty of celebs for which that's gone in a bad direction. I can understand why they have their guard up sometimes.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, killuridols said:

But you know, that doesn't even bother me.... I'm upset for discovering the real face of them so-called celebrity fans :rolleyes: acting all entitled like the artist would owe them their life.

She said Slash has changed since the Japan shows :question:..... What does it mean? Is she implying something else? I hope this is not another crazy taking it on Meegan, because that woman who met Axl the other day is already saying Meegan was rude to her and told her to go away.... All of a sudden all psychos organize themselves to start a campaign against Meegan and Slash just because they are putting limits and not letting the creeps crawl up to their bed? :facepalm:

The one with the "I travelled thousands of miles for you"  sign that Axl autographed?  I have a hard time imagining Meegan telling a fan to go away, just like that. 

1 hour ago, alfierose said:

I'm sure 99% of these super fans are lovely people but from the celebrities POV they must make them a bit nervous. Seeing the same faces everywhere you go probably feels a little stalkerish and there are plenty of celebs for which that's gone in a bad direction. I can understand why they have their guard up sometimes.

I think most are. I met some really nice ones in the big smoke. There were three American women in the line behind me and they said they had been to 15 shows on this tour, they all had Axl t shirts on and red bandanas :lol: They were really nice.  Never seen them on social media before, so I don't think that type of fan is the problem, if they wanna follow the band around the world then good for them. 

I have to say though, the ones who are "famous" amongst fans, well they seem to have a disrespectful attitude. Like when certain ones arrived in London, they just walked straight to the front of the line cos their friends were there and they're all squealing to each other and jumping up down :rolleyes: Telling each other about Slash's every move that morning, he went to breakfast, he went to the Gibson shop blah blah!!!! ( yes, stalkers comes to mind :scared:) Then they got serious face ache because they were told by security queue hopping is bad and they upgraded because they were pissed off there were too many others in early entry. They made a real spectacle of themselves too, like 'look at us upgrading away from the riff raff'...well good riddance :P 

Just to say though, there were many fans there who had been to lots of shows and the vast majority were really cool and not expecting special treatment at all. 

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders
  • Like 4

22 minutes ago, Axl`s BFF said:

to be fair if I had the money I`d go to as many shows as I could I think it would be quite nice to have Axl wave to me :lol: 

I have noticed that whenever somebody says "come to Manchester" to Meegan or Susan they always like the comment :nervous:

Manchester will rock about 20x more than London 😎

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I have noticed that whenever somebody says "come to Manchester" to Meegan or Susan they always like the comment :nervous:

Manchester will rock about 20x more than London 😎

definitely would,  a summer night in Manchester you can`t beat it :heart:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lucie said:

but they do let the creeps crawl into their bed....anyone who says "your so pretty" gets a fucking golden ticket. 

What are you talking about?

2 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

The one with the "I travelled thousands of miles for you"  sign that Axl autographed?  I have a hard time imagining Meegan telling a fan to go away, just like that. 

Yes, that one.

Sh said that before meeting Axl, Slash and Meegan passed by her and they were standing outside "not doing anything, just standing" and she says she asked Slash "from the distance" if she could have a picture with him and that Slash ignored her and gave her a bad look "like I was bacteria" :question: and that Meegan told her to "get out of here"....... 

:rolleyes:

• Like 1