GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

Releases of pro-shot shows would be great. I don't know about The Ritz 88, ie. if there are legalities involved because it was an MTV thing. But they must have filmed a couple of other shows from the AFD era that haven't leaked. 

Yeah... how about that Ritz '87 one? One of the best performances EVER, not only of this band, and all we get is a teasing 9min pastiche from some dude on YouTube, who wants to trade. 

Axl & co., if you don't wanna do AFD5, then do release some stuff, FFS! Perhaps they feel embarrassed by most of the old gigs/performances, for multiple reasons. But that's exactly the attractive of the old stuff. 

For some reasons Axl & co still want to convince the world that they're virtuoso musicians. Just shaking my head... what a waste.

• Like 2

Er, bit off topic and shamelessly gossipy, but has anyone see the Classlessact insta post wishing Nico happy birthday?  There's a subtle rivalry between Perla and Meegan extending their happy birthday wishes. ^_^  Pearla = I've known you longest and I know your parents.  Megan = But I can say LOVE Meegan and Slash.  :lol:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

I have OK Sony headphones - they do a great job at picking up bass but it's my dream to own a pair of wireless Bose. :awesomeface:  I just can't afford them right now.

Re: unseen stuff...I guess I'm assuming there's quite a bit in the vault?  I could be wrong.  Slash alluded to this in his book.  And yeah, definitely the pro shot for UYI.  I don't know why, I just feel like there's probably more stuff they could do that yes, someone should have done by now, but because it's freakin' Guns no one has.  Because you know, that would mean being organised and professional. :lol:

Re: getting the 5 together.  It's another one of my bugbears that I get irate over because EVEN if Steven is a blabbermouth and irritating to work with, and EVEN if Izzy wants his part of the loot...so what?  

Axl...choose your battles mate.  Let them win this one ok?  Let Steven play for fuck's sake, it won't kill you.  Give Izzy the money.  Just give it to him and have done with it.  Then have a proper reunion either a mini-tour, or some select shows.  Just do it for the fans.  

That's one thing that really struck me about the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction was that Slash didn't want to do it, but Perla convinced him to 'for the fans'.  I thought that was really decent of him (and her).  If Axl and Slash can put their shit behind them enough to appear together now, I REALLY cannot see why they can't all play together, even if only for a short time.  

Not to be argumentative, but I think we fans tend to demand and expect way too much. It would be nice to have AFD5 together again but I am cool with what we have now. Izzy REFUSED to be a part of the reunion for reasons we will truly never know and Steven was not physically able to keep up the kind of strength it requires to do a full tour. I say fans should just leave well enough alone and enjoy them in the here and now.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

Not to be argumentative, but I think we fans tend to demand and expect way too much. It would be nice to have AFD5 together again but I am cool with what we have now. Izzy REFUSED to be a part of the reunion for reasons we will truly never know and Steven was not physically able to keep up the kind of strength it requires to do a full tour. I say fans should just leave well enough alone and enjoy them in the here and now.

Yeah, there is that.  I know.  I've said it myself quite a few times 'entitled fans' and all that.  I'm venting. And I do like the current line up.

On the other hand, I stand by what I've said in other threads and this one, about GNR not prioritising their music and fully giving the impression they don't care about releasing music/sharing music with fans/communicating about music and /or musical direction over their obsession with releasing merch.  They are plenty willing to communicate about that.  They have plans drawn up about that.  They are 100% committed to releasing merch.  

They are sending the message that $$ is their priority over music.  When you compare this attitude with the one that formed the band and got them signed and successful, and a devoted fanbase in the first place...well.   I will shout it from the rooftops they've got the wrong attitude. :lol:  Wasn't it Axl who dissed Iron Maiden for not prioritising music over their political agenda?  "The difference between us and them is our music comes first." Ha!

Bottom line of course, is the artist can do whatever they want.  They don't owe us.  But what a shame, to make a come back after a 20 year absence and mark your 30th anniversary by rolling out $1500 hoodies.

Hmm...don't know that Steven not being brought back on board has anything to do with his physical fitness.  I think something dodgy is going on there.  I must find the article I read where he's been effectively silenced after his botched radio interview where, admittedly he was a complete ass about Axl and the band.  According to the article, he said, I can't tell you anything anymore. I can't even tell you why I can't tell you anything.  LOL.

Found it:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/steven-adler-cant-talk-about-his-reunion-with-guns-n-roses-anymore/

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Yeah, there is that.  I know.  I've said it myself quite a few times 'entitled fans' and all that.  I'm venting. And I do like the current line up.

On the other hand, I stand by what I've said in other threads and this one, about GNR not prioritising their music and fully giving the impression they don't care about releasing music/sharing music with fans/communicating about music and /or musical direction over their obsession with releasing merch.  They are plenty willing to communicate about that.  They have plans drawn up about that.  They are 100% committed to releasing merch.  

They are sending the message that $$ is their priority over music.  When you compare this attitude with the one that formed the band and got them signed and successful, and a devoted fanbase in the first place...well.   I will shout it from the rooftops they've got the wrong attitude. :lol:  Wasn't it Axl who dissed Iron Maiden for not prioritising music over their political agenda?  "The difference between us and them is our music comes first." Ha!

Bottom line of course, is the artist can do whatever they want.  They don't owe us.  But what a shame, to make a come back after a 20 year absence and mark your 30th anniversary by rolling out $1500 hoodies.

Hmm...don't know that Steven not being brought back on board has anything to do with his physical fitness.  I think something dodgy is going on there.  I must find the article I read where he's been effectively silenced after his botched radio interview where, admittedly he was a complete ass about Axl and the band.  According to the article, he said, I can't tell you anything anymore. I can't even tell you why I can't tell you anything.  LOL.

Found it:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/steven-adler-cant-talk-about-his-reunion-with-guns-n-roses-anymore/

I understand what you're saying, Robert Plant teased about new music for months and has just now released a statement that he has new music in the works. So the way I see it, all the pushing merch could very well be some kind of pre-promotion of what's to come...not to mention all the statements about new music from close sources. 

Yeah it may seem like they are valuing money over music but in this case it could be part of a bigger picture. As for Steven, iirc he had just recently had back surgery or something, so I truly think that was a big part of him not being asked to do the full tour. Sitting and playing drums for hours would have killed his back and would have been in quite a bit of pain. But again I understand your viewpoint.

1 hour ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

That's not true... Steven is fully capable of playing a full show. He proved that in Argentina when he played as a guest with GNR and then a full show with a cover band after. Also, Izzy was offered an insulting amount to guest with GNR. You can't blame him for turning it down. Why should Izzy take scraps when everyone else is getting paid fairly?

If you don't want them there and are happy with how things are, fine. But that doesn't mean the rest of us are entitled for wanting Izzy and Steven to be involved.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

👏 

It was Kiss Axl was talking about at Donington '88 prioritising money over music. 

I just figure he isn't a fan of Iron Maidens stage set up and song subjects :lol: 

1 hour ago, Kris_1989 said:

That's not true... Steven is fully capable of playing a full show. He proved that in Argentina when he played as a guest with GNR and then a full show with a cover band after. Also, Izzy was offered an insulting amount to guest with GNR. You can't blame him for turning it down. Why should Izzy take scraps when everyone else is getting paid fairly?

If you don't want them there and are happy with how things are, fine. But that doesn't mean the rest of us are entitled for wanting Izzy and Steven to be involved.

Of course he's capable of playing a full show, an extended tour...not so much. And do we really know how much Izzy was offered? The answer is no because we were not there so we can't say he was offered some ridiculous amount of money to do the tour. And yes we fans do tend to act entitled like they owe us something. Fuck the fact that it might not fit as well because of how things happened in the past, we just want them to do what we want even if it's not what's best for the band. 

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

👏 

It was Kiss Axl was talking about at Donington '88 prioritising money over music. 

I just figure he isn't a fan of Iron Maidens stage set up and song subjects :lol: 

Ah, ok wasn't sure if it was Kiss or Iron Maiden, I just remember him dissing Iron Maiden and Izzy wanting to say something, which was of course followed by, 'No.'  Best thing Izzy has ever said. 

Can't say I'd be thrilled at the prospect of handling a woman's dirty knickers if I was a rock star, but guess Axl totally doesn't mind. :lol:

14 minutes ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

Of course he's capable of playing a full show, an extended tour...not so much. And do we really know how much Izzy was offered? The answer is no because we were not there so we can't say he was offered some ridiculous amount of money to do the tour. And yes we fans do tend to act entitled like they owe us something. Fuck the fact that it might not fit as well because of how things happened in the past, we just want them to do what we want even if it's not what's best for the band. 

100% of what you just said is based off of your biased opinion and not fact. Like I said before, if you're happy that's great. But that doesn't change the reality of this situation and it doesn't mean that Steven can't play a full tour or that Izzy wasn't low-balled.

Do we know what Izzy was offered? No, not the exact figure but we know it was under 40k. Which to any rational person, is a pretty big slap in the face considering he's a founding member of GNR. Not a hired hand. Can Steven play a full tour? Who knows? He's sober now and training every day. I'd say there's a pretty good chance he could play a full tour. But without giving him a shot at it, nobody can say for sure. Automatically dismissing him because of his past is a bit ridiculous when you look at the bands history. They've all fucked up at some point. If we drag every members past into this argument we could also say Axl's chance of finishing this tour were pretty slim. But yet, there he is playing every show just fine. If Axl can pull it together there's no reason why Steven cant.

Once again, if you don't want them involved, fine, that's your opinion. But just because people - who are fans of the WHOLE band, not just select members - disagree with you does not mean they're acting entitled. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Ah, ok wasn't sure if it was Kiss or Iron Maiden, I just remember him dissing Iron Maiden and Izzy wanting to say something, which was of course followed by, 'No.'  Best thing Izzy has ever said. 

Can't believe Axl said "I hope to never be like them, I hope it's not catching" 

I know he's being a total little asshole, but hahaha :lol: 

4 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Can't believe Axl said "I hope to never be like them, I hope it's not catching" 

I know he's being a total little asshole, but hahaha :lol: 

I loved how after that comment he waits a beat, takes a sip of coke like he doesn't give a fuck.  Holy shit he was awesome then. 

Edit: no it's not that comment is it.  It's when she asks him if  Guns have anything in common with Iron Maiden and he says I hope not. :lol:

Edited by MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle
  • Like 2

Just now, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

I loved how after that comment he waits a beat, takes a sip of coke like he doesn't give a fuck.  Holy shit he was awesome then. 

Yeah he was!

Just rewatched Salt Of The Earth in the Izzy thread and omg how those two just walk on stage with the freaking Stones,  just like its nothing :o

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Yeah he was!

Just rewatched Salt Of The Earth in the Izzy thread and omg how those two just walk on stage with the freaking Stones,  just like its nothing :o

I know right?  Just skipped over to the thread to watch it again.  Good lord.  The swagger on Axl.  I'm still watching...

• Like 2

What gets me watching that performance is knowing the Stones were Axl's and Izzy's heroes and for those guys to walk on and own that stage, and own their parts the way they did, with such conviction, at such a young age is truly incredible.  The Stones must have been thinking, fucking hell, these guys... :lol:  Sometimes, after watching something like that, I think, no wonder Guns didn't last.  They just couldn't really, could they?  They were too much.  

36 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

100% of what you just said is based off of your biased opinion and not fact. Like I said before, if you're happy that's great. But that doesn't change the reality of this situation and it doesn't mean that Steven can't play a full tour or that Izzy wasn't low-balled.

Do we know what Izzy was offered? No, not the exact figure but we know it was under 40k. Which to any rational person, is a pretty big slap in the face considering he's a founding member of GNR. Not a hired hand. Can Steven play a full tour? Who knows? He's sober now and training every day. I'd say there's a pretty good chance he could play a full tour. But without giving him a shot at it, nobody can say for sure. Automatically dismissing him because of his past is a bit ridiculous when you look at the bands history. They've all fucked up at some point. If we drag every members past into this argument we could also say Axl's chance of finishing this tour were pretty slim. But yet, there he is playing every show just fine. If Axl can pull it together there's no reason why Steven cant.

Once again, if you don't want them involved, fine, that's your opinion. But just because people - who are fans of the WHOLE band, not just select members - disagree with you does not mean they're acting entitled. 

Not based on biased opinion, just plain old logical thinking. Steven had back surgery so doing a lengthy tour would not be healthy for him because his back wouldn't hold up...this has nothing to do with his past. And again how do we really know it was under 40k? We don't because we were not there at the negotiations. And contrary to what you think, I am a fan of the WHOLE band and would love to see them together again, but the truth is that we are acting entitled. "It's been x amount of years they need to play together again for the fans..." I love AFD5 just as much as anyone but just because I want them back as a whole doesn't mean it's what's good for the band. So relax and enjoy.