GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

21 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

A little while ago Bruce Dickinson said he regrets not punching Axl in the face :lol:

Yeah, because when GnR opened for Maiden in Quebec, people from the audience were shouting in French, and Axl told them something like "You don't understand English, huh? That's why you like Iron Maiden" :lol: It was basically Axl being an asshole, but I like it :lol:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yeah, because when GnR opened for Maiden in Quebec, people from the audience were shouting in French, and Axl told them something like "You don't understand English, huh? That's why you like Iron Maiden" :lol: It was basically Axl being an asshole, but I like it :lol:

Oh dear :lol: He really doesn't like Iron Maiden, does he - lol.

Or was it because he got the funnies on him because he wanted to be the opening band for AC/DC but they backed out because of Axl's no show at Alice Cooper and so Niven had to arrange sonething else for the band and Aerosmith and Iron Maiden took them on?? 

He whinged about Aerosmith too :lol:

7 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Oh dear :lol: He really doesn't like Iron Maiden, does he - lol.

Or was it because he got the funnies on him because he wanted to be the opening band for AC/DC but they backed out because of Axl's no show at Alice Cooper and so Niven had to arrange sonething else for the band and Aerosmith and Iron Maiden took them on?? 

He whinged about Aerosmith too :lol:

Maybe it was both, but I think he really doesn't like them :lol: (I don't blame him :P). He said so in the 2006 interview too. They were to do more shows with Maiden, and they cancelled them claiming Axl had vocal problems. They didn't get along with them and their fans at the shows.

40 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Sometimes, after watching something like that, I think, no wonder Guns didn't last.  They just couldn't really, could they?  They were too much.  

It's a fucking miracle that they are alive! 

In that interview Axl could have not look more beautiful....

Edited by Georgina Arriaga
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Maybe it was both, but I think he really doesn't like them :lol: (I don't blame him :P). He said so in the 2006 interview too. They were to do more shows with Maiden, and they cancelled them claiming Axl had vocal problems. They didn't get along with them and their fans at the shows.

:bitchfight: :lol:

No, I don't think he likes them either. I maybe blanked out that he said he didn't like them in 06, I do that when people tell me Iron Maiden are shit haha. 

4 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

:bitchfight: :lol:

No, I don't think he likes them either. I maybe blanked out that he said he didn't like them in 06, I do that when people tell me Iron Maiden are shit haha. 

:lol:

They asked him "Judas Priest or Iron Maiden?" He said Priest and that he liked only the first Maiden album a bit.

• Like 1

How can Guns N' Roses fans be called entitled? :question:

We have fucking nothing. N-O-T-H-I-N-G at all since 1991 for some and since 2008 for others. Just a lame large tour of the same old fucking songs plus a bunch of covers.

This band produces nothing but receives a lot of money from the so-called entitled fans.

Steven's back surgery was more than a year ago. He's recovered already! Axl broke his foot and he recovered pretty fast and in appearance he is doing well in that regard. 

Both treatment of Steven and Izzy has been shameful. They were given a call by obligation, not because Axl really wanted to play with them again.

He said so in that 2009 venomous interview he gave to Del James. And probably this is what he still thinks about his bandmates, but has to save face for the time being because he was fucking broke....

Would you consider a reunion with the 'Appetite' or 'Illusions' lineups?

No

Why not?

A lot more reasons than I'll get into here now. Different reasons for each version and each individual. The Izzy bit was fun -- and also fun because we didn't have to rely on him in any way, which is how he prefers things and works better for everyone. That said, you never knew if Izzy would be there or not or if he'd remember the song or decide to leave early. It didn't cause any problems, because we were doing our show regardless and didn't have to depend on anything, but it did open everyone's eyes a bit and blow minds.

He called, asked to come out and negotiated a deal with management that it's probably best that none of us knew about or the fun would've seemed a bit more like being used or taken advantage of spoiling the moment. As it was, we had a great time.

It'd be highly doubtful for us to have more than one of the alumni up with us at any given time. I suppose Duff could play guitar on something somewhere, but there's zero possibility of me having anything to do with Slash other than by ambush, and that wouldn't be pretty. He wrote that whole bit about not having his guitar in Vegas, I'd assume, to save face. I was told by both the Hard Rock and different Guns industry people who had come out to be supportive of the new band and were a bit surprised to see him there, especially guitar in hand, but just assumed it was a surprise for the show and we were in on the arrangement.

Steven [Adler] brings assorted ambulance-chasing attorneys and the nightmare of his mother. One gig, or even a couple songs, could mean years of behind-the-scenes legal aftermath.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=168

• Like 1

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

How can Guns N' Roses fans be called entitled? :question:

We have fucking nothing. N-O-T-H-I-N-G at all since 1991 for some and since 2008 for others. Just a lame large tour of the same old fucking songs plus a bunch of covers.

This band produces nothing but receives a lot of money from the so-called entitled fans.

Steven's back surgery was more than a year ago. He's recovered already! Axl broke his foot and he recovered pretty fast and in appearance he is doing well in that regard. 

Both treatment of Steven and Izzy has been shameful. They were given a call by obligation, not because Axl really wanted to play with them again.

He said so in that 2009 venomous interview he gave to Del James. And probably this is what he still thinks about his bandmates, but has to save face for the time being because he was fucking broke....

Would you consider a reunion with the 'Appetite' or 'Illusions' lineups?

No

Why not?

A lot more reasons than I'll get into here now. Different reasons for each version and each individual. The Izzy bit was fun -- and also fun because we didn't have to rely on him in any way, which is how he prefers things and works better for everyone. That said, you never knew if Izzy would be there or not or if he'd remember the song or decide to leave early. It didn't cause any problems, because we were doing our show regardless and didn't have to depend on anything, but it did open everyone's eyes a bit and blow minds.

He called, asked to come out and negotiated a deal with management that it's probably best that none of us knew about or the fun would've seemed a bit more like being used or taken advantage of spoiling the moment. As it was, we had a great time.

It'd be highly doubtful for us to have more than one of the alumni up with us at any given time. I suppose Duff could play guitar on something somewhere, but there's zero possibility of me having anything to do with Slash other than by ambush, and that wouldn't be pretty. He wrote that whole bit about not having his guitar in Vegas, I'd assume, to save face. I was told by both the Hard Rock and different Guns industry people who had come out to be supportive of the new band and were a bit surprised to see him there, especially guitar in hand, but just assumed it was a surprise for the show and we were in on the arrangement.

Steven [Adler] brings assorted ambulance-chasing attorneys and the nightmare of his mother. One gig, or even a couple songs, could mean years of behind-the-scenes legal aftermath.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=168

Your whole post is how.  "We have nothing from them since 91.." [insert tears here] Honestly, I wouldn't have wanted them to release anything else during that time because it wouldn't have lived up to our expectations. We would have been complaining about the lack of passion and the reluctance to change up their sound just a bit. And besides, a foot injury and back surgery are two totally different monsters. One is more easily healed from than the other. You think a year is really enough time to completely heal from back surgery? It isn't. And just to be clear this is not a personal attack on you or your opinion. I just think WE (myself included) tend to act a bit entitled as fans

2 minutes ago, PaperDoll said:

Adler had the surgery when he was 50 or so, right? Healing is harder when you're older. It's not just sitting behind the kit, it's the travel that hurts. Hours sitting in planes and cars just hurt. 

My point exactly.

7 minutes ago, PaperDoll said:

Adler had the surgery when he was 50 or so, right? Healing is harder when you're older. It's not just sitting behind the kit, it's the travel that hurts. Hours sitting in planes and cars just hurt. 

It was an outpatient procedure and maximum healing time, regardless of age, would have been two to three weeks.

Just now, Kris_1989 said:

It was an outpatient procedure and maximum healing time, regardless of age, would have been two to three weeks.

Regardless if the surgery was in or out, back surgery is not easily healed from. Constant jarring and prolonged sitting would hurt like hell. And age makes a big difference. If my 24 year old neice broke her arm she would heal far quicker than me (I'm 41) because younger bodies just bounce back more quickly.

2 minutes ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

Regardless if the surgery was in or out, back surgery is not easily healed from. Constant jarring and prolonged sitting would hurt like hell. And age makes a big difference. If my 24 year old neice broke her arm she would heal far quicker than me (I'm 41) because younger bodies just bounce back more quickly.

It depends on the type of surgery and injury. He had a pinched nerve. That's not the same as a broken bone. You guys are acting like he fractured his spine and had a major operation. It was minor surgery, it went well, and he's good to go.

I was practicing them… I was playing twenty-five songs twice a day for two years. 'Cause once I found out [the reunion] was probably gonna happen, I was, like, 'Yes! I'm gonna be ready and on top of it.' And then second rehearsal, I hurt my back and I had to have a minor surgery. I had a pinched nerve in the L4 [nerve root], and within an hour, I was out of the hospital and I was all better.
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/steven-adler-explains-his-absence-from-guns-n-roses-reunion-tour-they-just-didnt-give-me-the-opportunity.html#JKbkSqzbTBPXferC.99

Edited by Kris_1989
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, PaperDoll said:

How old is Axl? 25? :lol:

He was fine when he played those gigs. Too bad he had this happening and he had to tell about it. Its become enough fodder for the haters to say he should be left out.

13 minutes ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

Your whole post is how.  "We have nothing from them since 91.." [insert tears here] Honestly, I wouldn't have wanted them to release anything else during that time because it wouldn't have lived up to our expectations. We would have been complaining about the lack of passion and the reluctance to change up their sound just a bit. And besides, a foot injury and back surgery are two totally different monsters. One is more easily healed from than the other. You think a year is really enough time to completely heal from back surgery? It isn't. And just to be clear this is not a personal attack on you or your opinion. I just think WE (myself included) tend to act a bit entitled as fans

Do not insert tears there. Insert a huge fuck off. I dont cry for these idiots.

How can you say we would have been complaining about this or what?? I certainly wouldnt have! Im not the type to judge things that didn't happen or that I havent seen/heard, especially when it comes to art.

Steven is doing fine. Axl just hates him and doesnt want him in the band. It's been clear since day one. He said "what the fuck is he doing here?" when he saw Steven in Buenos Aires getting ready to play two shows instead of one. 

I dont know why you people are trying to make excuses for him. The fans know the whole truth already.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

It depends on the type of surgery and injury. He had a pinched nerve. That's not the same as a broken bone. You guys are acting like he fractured his spine and had a major operation. It was minor surgery, it went well, and he's good to go.

I agree it does depend on the type of surgery...he had a pinched nerve so there is no way in hell he was better in an hour. And I bet sure as shit he still has problems. 

Yeah, have to admit, it doesn't look well for Steven and their treatment of him.  I can't believe their exclusion of him is simply down to lack of fitness.  I know he's a blabbermouth but something is definitely going on.

Only hope I'm holding onto for his return is the fact they seem to have 'silenced him'.  If they'd rule him out completely, he would be blabbing all over the place.  That he's now keeping his mouth shut must mean they've dangled a carrot in front of him i.e. possible return if he behaves.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, killuridols said:

How old is Axl? 25? :lol:

He was fine when he played those gigs. Too bad he had this happening and he had to tell about it. Its become enough fodder for the haters to say he should be left out.

Do not insert tears there. Insert a huge fuck off. I dont cry for these idiots.

How can you say we would have been complaining about this or what?? I certainly wouldnt have! Im not the type to judge things that didn't happen or that I havent seen/heard, especially when it comes to art.

Steven is doing fine. Axl just hates him and doesnt want him in the band. It's been clear since day one. He said "what the fuck is he doing here?" when he saw Steven in Buenos Aires getting ready to play two shows instead of one. 

I dont know why you people are trying to make excuses for him. The fans know the whole truth already.

And I don't know why you keep proving my point. Btw I will take that fuck off thank you very much. And oh yeah I can say what I did because it's true...look at how the fans are reacting now. Complaining about everything.

4 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Yeah, have to admit, it doesn't look well for Steven and their treatment of him.  I can't believe their exclusion of him is simply down to lack of fitness.  I know he's a blabbermouth but something is definitely going on.

Only hope I'm holding onto for his return is the fact they seem to have 'silenced him'.  If they'd rule him out completely, he would be blabbing all over the place.  That he's now keeping his mouth shut must mean they've dangled a carrot in front of him i.e. possible return if he behaves.  

I honestly don't think there is any malicious intent involved....I just think it's strictly a business desicion based on his wellness. Going through a dual recovery and being on the road for a long period of time would not be healthy for him.

Just now, Rocketqueen76 said:

And I don't know why you keep proving my point. Btw I will take that fuck off thank you very much. And oh yeah I can say what I did because it's true...look at how the fans are reacting now. Complaining about everything.

The fuck off was for them, not for you. 

You really don't have a point. Your opinion is not a point of anything. 

People complain for the lack of new music not because they are playing new music and we dont like it :rolleyes:

It seems to me the shows are doing fine and most concert-goers are satisfied with it. But most concert-goers are casual fans who just care about the hits, not new music. 

Just now, TheKillerQueen said:

I was really excited when Slash and Axl reconciliated and when all the shows received such great reviews and no drama was happening I was so surprised tbh. But after a year I feel kinda empty. I feel specially sad for Steven, he's not an angel (none of them are) and comes out as a little annoying sometimes, but he seems so... honest? Or maybe more like a beaten puppy? Idk but it makes me sad.

Izzy is my favourite gunner but I have lost all hope of him ever returning. Right now I'm just waiting for some new music from him.

Btw this is my first post. I discovered the forum after my first GnR concert a few months ago, but I didn't make an account 'till a month ago. And I adore this place 😍 And excuse my grammar, english is not my 1st language 😔

Welcome to the WT

• Like 1

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

The fuck off was for them, not for you. 

You really don't have a point. Your opinion is not a point of anything. 

People complain for the lack of new music not because they are playing new music and we dont like it :rolleyes:

It seems to me the shows are doing fine and most concert-goers are satisfied with it. But most concert-goers are casual fans who just care about the hits, not new music. 

Again you are proving my point. If they had released another album or if they do in the coming months, we would still be complaining. There would be all kinds of comments about it not sounding as good as we thought it would....Axl's voice not being as strong....how they just did it for the money....so yeah simply put we will never be satisfied.

10 minutes ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

Again you are proving my point. If they had released another album or if they do in the coming months, we would still be complaining. There would be all kinds of comments about it not sounding as good as we thought it would....Axl's voice not being as strong....how they just did it for the money....so yeah simply put we will never be satisfied.

That is bullshit. First of all, every piece of art is subject of criticism. It's stupid to expect that something will be liked and applauded by 100% of the audience.

If they had or were going to release new music we really dont know how it is going to be received or how it would have been received. That's making futurology and I'm not up for that. There will always be the chance that somebody doesnt like it. This chance can be big or small, there's no way to know right now, but you cant make a point based on the uncertainty of a percentage you still dont know. Even if the percentage was small, a minority is not representative of the whole number.

• Like 1