GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

That is bullshit. First of all, every piece of art is subject of criticism. It's stupid to expect that something will be liked and applauded by 100% of the audience.

If they had or were going to release new music we really dont know how it is going to be received or how it would have been received. That's making futurology and I'm not up for that. There will always be the chance that somebody doesnt like it. This chance can be big or small, there's no way to know right now, but you cant make a point based on the uncertainty of a percentage you still dont know. Even if the percentage was small, a minority is not representative of the whole number.

Actually I can. While it's true that every piece of art is up for criticism, we are far more hard to please. We talk about how we love and hate this group at the same time...because of reasons I named in my earlier post. So I can honestly say that we will still be complaining about whatever it is they put out.

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

How old is Axl? 25? :lol:

He was fine when he played those gigs. Too bad he had this happening and he had to tell about it. Its become enough fodder for the haters to say he should be left out.

Do not insert tears there. Insert a huge fuck off. I dont cry for these idiots.

How can you say we would have been complaining about this or what?? I certainly wouldnt have! Im not the type to judge things that didn't happen or that I havent seen/heard, especially when it comes to art.

Steven is doing fine. Axl just hates him and doesnt want him in the band. It's been clear since day one. He said "what the fuck is he doing here?" when he saw Steven in Buenos Aires getting ready to play two shows instead of one. 

I dont know why you people are trying to make excuses for him. The fans know the whole truth already.

How long did Axl sit in that Grohl throne? I can't remember. And even then he could travel with the foot up. Backs are tricky fuckers. Sitting is the worst.

I guess Adler could lay flat on his back and they could hang a kit over him like a chandelier if he gets sore. 

That'd be worth the ticket price. 

Either way, I'm speculating for sure. 

14 minutes ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

Actually I can. While it's true that every piece of art is up for criticism, we are far more hard to please. We talk about how we love and hate this group at the same time...because of reasons I named in my earlier post. So I can honestly say that we will still be complaining about whatever it is they put out.

Every audience is hard to please. We are not special and we are not different than the people who buy Coca Cola instead of Pepsi or prefers Nike instead of Adidas... Im sure all of them have a thing or two they dont like about their favorite brands.

But in the whole scheme of things, people will not stop buying Coke, Pepsi, Adidas, Nike or attending GN'R shows and buying their albums, even if they dont like everything about them.

I dont like AFD 100% or the Illusions in their entirety. There are lots of songs that I skip. But that doesnt make me a complainer and hard to please.

I cant say how new music would be received. Some will complain? For sure. Everybody will complain? Impossible to know. But GN'R will remain rock icons and probably will still manage to go in full stadium tours no matter how many shitty or amazing albums they release in the future.

10 minutes ago, PaperDoll said:

How long did Axl sit in that Grohl throne? I can't remember. And even then he could travel with the foot up. Backs are tricky fuckers. Sitting is the worst.

I guess Adler could lay flat on his back and they could hang a kit over him like a chandelier if he gets sore. 

That'd be worth the ticket price. 

Either way, I'm speculating for sure. 

A couple months... he was already walking before the end of the shows he played in Europe with AC/DC.

Adler was able to play a couple shows in the USA and other two in Argentina. He didnt look like he couldnt walk or like he was in great pain. He was all smiles and posing for the pictures like this...

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

Every audience is hard to please. We are not special and we are not different than the people who buy Coca Cola instead of Pepsi or prefers Nike instead of Adidas... Im sure all of them have a thing or two they dont like about their favorite brands.

But in the whole scheme of things, people will not stop buying Coke, Pepsi, Adidas, Nike or attending GN'R shows and buying their albums, even if they dont like everything about them.

I dont like AFD 100% or the Illusions in their entirety. There are lots of songs that I skip. But that doesnt make me a complainer and hard to please.

I cant say how new music would be received. Some will complain? For sure. Everybody will complain? Impossible to know. But GN'R will remain rock icons and probably will still manage to go in full stadium tours no matter how many shitty or amazing albums they release in the future.

A couple months... he was already walking before the end of the shows he played in Europe with AC/DC.

Adler was able to play a couple shows in the USA and other two in Argentina. He didnt look like he couldnt walk or like he was in great pain. He was all smiles and posing for the pictures like this...

His posture seems fine to me.

It also looks like he's grabbing Slash's ass in the second photo.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Now this I agree with 100% my friend. 

On 19. 8. 2017 at 3:51 AM, killuridols said:

Don't worry. I'm sure NO ONE here believes you can read minds :rofl-lol:

(although I know you're training yourself at it as I type this ;) )

No way, I am skeptic about this would ever be possible*. Just grabbing tons of popcorn. 

Even if it was, no please. 

(one more thing to add to your impressive CV of expertise in neuroscience, social science, psychology, psychiatry, illustration, singer, caretaker, ad infinitum...........)

There is something with this forum that even princess of the forum does not want to publish her face. I won`t make 6+ hours of (signed) work on one drawing forum-single piece for this particular reason. I do art for fun, people like it.

I do PhD. in neuroscience research, external. I am not a lab rat to pick samples million times until I get some statistics, my research is sometimes so soft science that I use real blankets to comfort person during examination. I never said I`m expert in psychiatry, just hobbyist with some solid background, who goes and has talks with people on meds how it`s like. Alike psychology (observing and talking with people is enough there; I have no special background for this, claimed, and I avoid actual psychology nomenclature as possible). I tend to test my working theories (I have working theories, not definitive truths). My background, source of paycheck and most of my experience is from a little different field. I can maintain my ass really comfy. I know in which fields I have more experience than it`s common.

Anyone can do that and there are even quick courses people who speaks in public or has to speak in public can take...... now.... what in the flyin' heck does any of it have to do with what I was asking here about Axl using a different voice for his onstage "characters"?

Take in count that The Man is one hell of an actor. Also he himself claims having voice of 5 or 6 people. He does the same in songs, someone once asked me how many singers sing GNR song in radio, trying his point of view I would guess Axl alone sang like three? usual vocal range lead singers. We are get used to his voice so much that we usually don`t hear that. He is an artist, he expresses himself this way. Enjoy. It`s his gift, nothing more, nothing less, I think. Sorry, seemed to me so simple I didn`t think about this to be pointed. You asked about different voices, I explained how, because I didn`t know question was why.

So now you're the expert vocal coach of the forum TOO? :lol:

I never said I`m authority on singing and I claimed I`m amateur, I was always talking about basics and also about information I got from bands sources, both Axl`s own regard on GNR and AC/DC material, also bios of singers and musicians on how does it work. I can recognize basic vocal technique because of this and got some good hacks from guys. 

You get dissed because you're not serious. Not only you've shown wide ignorance on several topics but you also show extensive ignorance in the way you expose your arguments. Your train-of-thought is very hard to follow (and not precisely because you're an Einstein). Your speech is usually unclear, disorganized and fallacious. For such a scholar like you say you are, you lack everything that science requires a researcher to be.

I am one of the few people who, sometimes, care to read what you have to say and reply to you. Looks to me you're not in position to make fun of anyone.

This forum represents leisure to me. I come here to talk about my favorite band with other fans and exchange information, news, photos and opinions on different topics related (sometimes not) to their music/personal lives/social impact, etc. But most of it is done on the doxa level, since there's no need to be making a PhD thesis of every fuckin' little thing. I don't know why this is so difficult for you to understand.

LOL.

Good for you. But reading about everything does not make you an expert or an authority in the fields that you read about. Only inside your head.

I never said your explanation of voice technique is wrong because I didn't even read it.

As I told you before, you don't get to understand the simple things, I really doubt you can understand the complicated ones. You just repeat like a parrot what you read or probably copy+paste here your Google findings.

Unlike you, jack-of-all-trades (master of none), I hardly ever talk about the things that I don't know.

All the contrary to you, if I don't know about something or do not care about a topic, I step outside and do not pretend that I know everything, because I don't. And Im not a reinassance poser because honestly, I'm not interested in everything that is out there in the world, nor do I believe that someone can be an expert in so many things at a time..... At least, not in the modern times we're living...... unless you are funded by someone who maintains your ass while you use all of your time for becoming this multiple guru of BS.

Don't worry. I'm sure NO ONE here believes you can read minds :rofl-lol:

(although I know you're training yourself at it as I type this ;) )

If I want to reply on something, at least I take as polite to read it. Then I decide if I will answer or not. As you repeatedly see, I`m really not interested in all that social humbug around the band, I don`t even try to figure it out. For probably everyone here this forum is leisure and people decide which topic is interesting for them and which not.

I`ve got wide interests in both science and art, typical for renaissance period. As last of experts on all, polyhistor, is usually mentioned Immanuel Kant, died 1804; since then human knowledge became so wide that you can be renaissance man, but no polyhistor. No, I don`t know everything. I did not define myself renaissance man, I got this label and I like it. I`m not even jack-of-all-trades. Just there is some special self-confidence of knowing you can do something before you actually do it (adapted from (late) Duff). Definitely not Einstein because I suck in maths. I am interested in this world as much as possible, that`s why I travel and read and have deep talks and I observe and try to figure things out. It makes me happy, not an expert. I will still know just a little piece - and the more I know the more I know how much I don`t know (Socrates it is!). That`s that kind of humility of people who know much. Wise people are always uncertain.

If you start questioning obvious, they`ll call you weirdo, then fool. But there is no way to get new than question obvious.  

None of this is related with my studies at post-grad school..... why are you so fixated with it and show the need to bring it up all the time? Most of Guns N' Roses topics do no require College degrees or college level studies in order to have discussions about them. Some things can be linked to social studies but it is really stepping out of the music itself.

One of the things I like on Axl is that he is not afraid to question and rethink things and say something contrary to which is usually thought as right or correct or way things go. When he was younger, many times he wanted to make at least someone to rethink. Not to obey his thoughts, rethink. It didn`t matter to him if it will be only person in many thousand audience. Undereducated, wild, raging, sometimes wrong, but thinking.

In most things you just can`t say definitive and only true, because there`s none, life`s not a school test. No wise (wo)man will tell you definitive truth, just point out things which may take part, the answer then may seems contrary or dull or complicating things. This kind of reflection I expect in people with higher education; usually it`s something you need for your articles to be accepted at least. Philosophy makes you perceive and enjoy this uncertainty and gives insight on how people think and possibilities you imagined never before, faux routes and how to avoid them. It`s observer mode, among others it`s basic for (song)writing.

I am a big picture person, everything is connected and nothing you know is unworthy.

If you read this until there, latest news say that Sinéad is sheltered and does not feel suicidal now. 

*can offer some current neuroscientific and philosophic information underlying my conviction, if needed ;) 

Edited by Alja

Just now, marlingrl03 said:

I have to admit, I did not now what that stood for either. Thanks, now I know! Lol! :lol:

Well I only found out after I googled it 😀 I kept seeing it,sometimes if someone does a long post they put it at the end with just one sentence 

to say what they mean.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Omg what is TD;DR.??

:ph34r:

(Im sorry if I dont understand something obvious.... I'm very ill, sick in my death bed 😷 🤒)

Sorry you're not well, hope you get better soon.  

Edit: something to make you feel better? 

7749bd1b9a1b00153b0a52c1abcca006.jpg

Edited by MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

I'll put that down to your illness 😂Get well soon😀

1 minute ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Sorry you're not well, hope you get better soon.  

Haha, thank you. I hope to get well soon too or my nose will explode and all tissue in the world wont be enough. :ph34r: