GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

6 hours ago, purplestargirl said:

It's the closeup of Axl's butt in those white shorts that does it.

Can I just say how distracting you sig is? ^^ I have trouble reading your posts, or anyone's, because I'm too busy looking at Duff.  Then I have this habit of matching the Duff sig with whatever you've posted...which can be funny. ^_^

55 minutes ago, coolranchdressing! said:

Anyone have comments on Jarmo who runs the HTGTH forum and is admin on the GNR fan club forum? I seen him around the stage where security stands taking a few pix. I was waving to him and calling his name; when he looked over at me he smirked. I was a bit taken aback. 

Why do you need others opinions or comments on him? Is this some sort of practical joke?

@coolranchdressing! I wish I did know a little more about Jarmo. I would like to know how he came to be such an insider in the GN'R world. I've heard he quickly shuts down any conversation critical of Axl. Last time I visited his site it was very boring/inactive compared to this one, probably because he's controlling. These are just my thoughts. He apparently knows Axl somehow?

@Andy14

Thanks for posting this! But I'm confused.  What's the date of this interview?  Because the actual interview in full seems from quite a few years ago, but then the last paragraph (the one you've posted) he mentions, now that we're (the band) back together...??? 

Edit: I'm outta likes by the way, otherwise I would like your post! 

Edited by MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle

4 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

@Andy14

Thanks for posting this! But I'm confused.  What's the date of this interview?  Because the actual interview in full seems from quite a few years ago, but then the last paragraph (the one you've posted) he mentions, now that we're (the band) back together...??? 

It says this: "As part of his interview series for Music Aficionado, West sat down with Slash, who had just returned from Dubai where Guns N' Roses wrapped the latest leg of their Not In This Lifetime tour." which means March 2017

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

It says this: "As part of his interview series for Music Aficionado, West sat down with Slash, who had just returned from Dubai where Guns N' Roses wrapped the latest leg of their Not In This Lifetime tour." which means March 2017

Ah, that's the part I was trying to work out, wasn't sure if I had it right - thanks! How awesome is this to read then? :thumbsup:

Edit: I think the reason I thought it seemed as if it was from a while ago is because I've read/heard so many interviews with Slash now (or it feels like so many) I've come to recognise his stock phrases and answers.  And I guess a lot of it I knew already.  But that last bit, was great.  So they are talking about it now, like grown ups i.e. actual communication guys.  Excellent!

Edited by MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle

57 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

Slash: :ph34r:

"When it was firing on all cylinders, I like to consider it a great rock 'n' roll group on its own merit. It wasn't because of gimmicks. Obviously, it was highly volatile. Now that we're back together, without getting too much into it, we're able to talk about it and identify people who got in the way. It's great to be past all that without having to listen to anybody's input—not managers, not business people. We just do what we're good at, and it's nice that it's been well received."

Great!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Andy14 said:

"When it was firing on all cylinders, I like to consider it a great rock 'n' roll group on its own merit. It wasn't because of gimmicks. Obviously, it was highly volatile. Now that we're back together, without getting too much into it, we're able to talk about it and identify people who got in the way. It's great to be past all that without having to listen to anybody's input—not managers, not business people. We just do what we're good at, and it's nice that it's been well received."

https://web.musicaficionado.com/main.html#!/article/leslie_west_interviews_slash_by_joebosso

You are the bearer of good news :hug:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Andy14 said:

https://web.musicaficionado.com/main.html#!/article/leslie_west_interviews_slash_by_joebosso

Thanks for posting this!

This statement is a lot more than what I'd expect to hear (ie. something more vague like "it's been good so far and we enjoy playing together"). It seems that things are going really well :)

Edited by Blackstar

This version has finally been cleaned up from the master tape! It looks great!  I play this version at least twice a day, every day and would easily rank it in my top 5 Guns songs of all time (I'm into sleazy, blues).  Duff's bass. :wub:

Just a pity the broadcaster put a stupid visual effect over the whole thing.  The other songs from this night are normal.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

This version has finally been cleaned up from the master tape! It looks great!  I play this version at least twice a day, every day and would easily rank it in my top 5 Guns songs of all time (I'm into sleazy, blues).  Duff's bass. :wub:

Just a pity the broadcaster put a stupid visual effect over the whole thing.  The other songs from this night are normal.

My top 5 GnR too, this is amazing, thanks! I like both versions of you're crazy but this one is a damn masterpiece. Look at Izzy getting down and Steven. 

Totall off topic but does anyone here besides me live in the area where you could actually see the solar eclipse? I had to get up really early today so we could drive north of Corvallis, Oregon in order to view it. I have to say it was amazing to witness and is the single most gorgeous thing in nature that I have seen in my lifetime. 

I actually heard someone playing Pink Floyd's "Eclipse" during it as well. At least it wasn't "Total Eclipse Of The Heart".

And yes, the part of the Pacific Northwest I live in is the state of Oregon, roughly five to six hours south from where Duff prefers to live. :ph34r:

Edited by purplestargirl

15 hours ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Can I just say how distracting you sig is? ^^ I have trouble reading your posts, or anyone's, because I'm too busy looking at Duff.  Then I have this habit of matching the Duff sig with whatever you've posted...which can be funny. ^_^

giphy.gif

tumblr_of3xmbux7I1vdixaao1_400.gif 

Here's some more distractions for you. ;) 

He is such a dork in the second one and overall has a corny sense of humor.

Edited by purplestargirl
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, purplestargirl said:

Totall off topic but does anyone here besides me live in the area where you could actually see the solar eclipse? I had to get up really early today so we could drive north of Corvallis, Oregon in order to view it. I have to say it was amazing to witness and is the single most gorgeous thing in nature that I have seen in my lifetime. 

I actually heard someone playing Pink Floyd's "Eclipse" during it as well. At least it wasn't "Total Eclipse Of The Heart".

And yes, the part of the Pacific Northwest I live in is the state of Oregon, roughly five to six hours south from where Duff prefers to live. :ph34r:

I do, but I slept through it because I'm a lazy shit. :lol:

7 minutes ago, purplestargirl said:

I didn't think California was one of the states where the eclipse went through.

You can still see partial (90%) here. :shrugs:

----

About that Slash quote, it's great that they're getting along but aren't some of those people who kept them apart TB? But they're still around so?? I guess they get a free pass now? :lol:

Edited by Kris_1989

1 minute ago, Kris_1989 said:

----

About that Slash quote, it's great that they're getting along but aren't some of those people who kept them apart TB? But they're still around so??

well, what I read was, we are going to blame and project the real issues on to others and absolve ourselves, see how long we can go like that. So those that caused problems, including themselves, wont be mentioned. The quote said it all, look how it is phrased. I can almost bet they have dared to blame Steven (Axl) and Izzy (Slash). The business people etc are not who they are talking about, he is saying that no one is there to disagree with their assessment of who is at fault. I'm sure they threw in other names, relationships and some industry people, but it feels a bit fake and dishonest otherwise he would have said we talked about OUR issues and how we got in our own way at times and didn't have to elaborate. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

It was total where I was viewing it. The last time where we had a partial eclipse in Oregon was roughly two years ago. It was cloudy and rainy and I was getting a filling done. The sky went dark for like one to two minutes or so.

1 hour ago, purplestargirl said:

That's so cool!

I was able to see the past ones of moon but never one like this. They said I have to wait until 2019 for it :shrugs:

44 minutes ago, Pishy said:

well, what I read was, we are going to blame and project the real issues on to others and absolve ourselves, see how long we can go like that. So those that caused problems, including themselves, wont be mentioned. The quote said it all, look how it is phrased. I can almost bet they have dared to blame Steven (Axl) and Izzy (Slash). The business people etc are not who they are talking about, he is saying that no one is there to disagree with their assessment of who is at fault. I'm sure they threw in other names, relationships and some industry people, but it feels a bit fake and dishonest otherwise he would have said we talked about OUR issues and how we got in our own way at times and didn't have to elaborate. 

C'mon what do Steven and Izzy got to do with it? Why would any of them blame them when they weren't even there while this happened. It's obvious he meant Goldstein and some other people that were around at that time. And that they blamed it all on others? Well, I guess Duff already hinted at that in his book and it was a safe and smart option. Better than quarelling once again who was more at fault,which would take them nowhere. And most importantly, it worked. Also it's not totally untrue, a lot of people had a lot to do with driving them apart. 

• Like 1