GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

13 hours ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Wow.  I never knew about these super fans before I joined here.  These fans like Tako who follow the ban😂😬d around the world.  I mean, good for them if they have the means to do it, but it's borderline crazy you know?  Before finding out about the likes of Tako, the worst I'd known fans to get was musical theatre fans camping outside of a theatre for 3 days just so they could get front row tickets to see the final performance of their favourite singer.  Rather than second row.  Or third.  Has to be front.

Edit: musical theatre fans ARE extremely weird.  Especially Wicked fans.   

Once at an Iron Maiden concert I meet a couple who followed the band during the whole European tour WITH THEIR MOTHERS IN LAW. They were hilarious  XD.

Wicked fans you say? Try Jesus Christ Superstar fans. They have audio and videos from the very first shows. I bet my arm they made a deal with Satan to get those

Btw how can I post emojis? It doesn't let me with my phone, but the other day I was able to do so      :(?

18 hours ago, killuridols said:

hmmm yeah.... I know most @Lumikki's images stopped working because of that host she was using. Maybe she could re-upload them somewhere else. It sucks we can't have a server where to safely storage them forever.

I have many of them in my puter but it's a burden to upload them again, hehe.... Some, like the ones I posted, are still storaged here at the forum and that's why Im still able to post them but Im not a paying member or else I'd upload everything I have :shrugs:

The problem is that it seems like you can't edit posts in a locked thread. So even if I reuploaded the pictures in another place, I still couldn't add them to the original posts. I hate photobucket so much for suddenly deciding to screw all their users over.

19 hours ago, Asia said:

Anyone seen this one?

19 hours ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

@Georgina Arriaga  Awesome.  It's his mojo.  ^^  Want to see more of this Axl.  More please.

@Asia YES! I've got 3 images of that. For some reason, someone saw fit to clean up the first two and not the last.  Gorgeous.  Love a bit of Sluff.  

About these pictures...

Spoiler

Since I am the original source of these pictures (at least nowadays), I feel like I have to comment on this.

I saved that picture strip with the 4 pictures of Slash and Duff on bed (with the fourth picture being the one where Slash is bending over Duff) many, many years ago and don't remember the original circumstances anymore (or if there even was any additional info to go with the original pictures). Then that picture strip apparently disappeared from the internet until I posted it again in the original Women's Thread during a Sluff discussion or something and it's been circulating around Instagram and places like that ever since.

But like I said back then when I posted this picture, I have no clue if that fourth pic in the series is real or photoshopped. I researched this once and was able to find bigger, more HQ versions of all the pictures from this photoshoot, except for that last one.

So take it with a grain of salt. Or if you really want to know and don't mind feeling like a creep, ask the original photographer if there was ever any actual kissing going on during that photoshoot...

3 hours ago, TheKillerQueen said:

Once at an Iron Maiden concert I meet a couple who followed the band during the whole European tour WITH THEIR MOTHERS IN LAW. They were hilarious  XD.

Wicked fans you say? Try Jesus Christ Superstar fans. They have audio and videos from the very first shows. I bet my arm they made a deal with Satan to get those

Btw how can I post emojis? It doesn't let me with my phone, but the other day I was able to do so      :(?

That's hilarious!  I love it.  

Ha! I don't doubt the JCS fans are devoted.  :lol: Most musical theatre fans are like that.  They are a special breed.  I've met Wicked fans who have seen the show upwards of 80 times.  They know every single cast member that ever was, including all the 'walk on' parts and yeah, have all the audios from 11 years ago.

I do have a soft spot for a certain kind of superfan, the whacky musical theatre fans for sure.  They are just so passionate about their shows and the different casts, and there is a community - a real life one.  I have seen Wicked a few times and the dayseat queue is always super friendly, you meet up with people who you previously got to know online and there's a great camaraderie, especially for a cast change show, so I get that.  

I just don't really get the superfans who follow a band from show to show for a year or two on their own? But if someone like Tako is happy doing that, good for her, I guess.

16 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

The problem is that it seems like you can't edit posts in a locked thread. So even if I reuploaded the pictures in another place, I still couldn't add them to the original posts. I hate photobucket so much for suddenly deciding to screw all their users over.

About these pictures...

Hide contents

Since I am the original source of these pictures (at least nowadays), I feel like I have to comment on this.

I saved that picture strip with the 4 pictures of Slash and Duff on bed (with the fourth picture being the one where Slash is bending over Duff) many, many years ago and don't remember the original circumstances anymore (or if there even was any additional info to go with the original pictures). Then that picture strip apparently disappeared from the internet until I posted it again in the original Women's Thread during a Sluff discussion or something and it's been circulating around Instagram and places like that ever since.

But like I said back then when I posted this picture, I have no clue if that fourth pic in the series is real or photoshopped. I researched this once and was able to find bigger, more HQ versions of all the pictures from this photoshoot, except for that last one.

So take it with a grain of salt. Or if you really want to know and don't mind feeling like a creep, ask the original photographer if there was ever any actual kissing going on during that photoshoot...

Ahh...thanks for shedding some light on the matter!  Much appreciated.  I didn't know there were 4 pics.  I have only 3, assuming it's the last 3.  I wonder what the 1st pic is I'm missing?  Do you know the name of the photographer and where the shoot was?  No, I'm not going to ask them if there was any kissing. LOL  I collect photos and always like to know the photographer's name for collation and curation i.e. nerd purposes.

25 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

The problem is that it seems like you can't edit posts in a locked thread. So even if I reuploaded the pictures in another place, I still couldn't add them to the original posts. I hate photobucket so much for suddenly dec

Ooooh... I had not thought of that! Ok then... I guess our old thread is useless now 😔

6 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

don't really get the superfans who follow a band from show to show for a year or two on their own? But if someone like Tako is happy doing that, good for her, I guess.

At this point I'm not sure they still do it on their own :shrugs:

You know, this is not only about money... It's also about having the time to do it, to travel, to arrange such trips and since most of these people are adults (some married and/or with children) that's another thing that you need to sort out when following a band on tour.

This NITL tour has covered all continents and the summers in both hemispheres. I wonder how it is possible to match your adult life with vacation periods that cover the summers of the whole planet :question:

2 hours ago, Lumikki said:

About these pictures...

Hide contents

I want to know if Slash Duff actually see this or Fans IG with hashtag Sluff N'tht photo

Edited by SerenityScorp

1 hour ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

That's hilarious!  I love it.  

Ha! I don't doubt the JCS fans are devoted.  :lol: Most musical theatre fans are like that.  They are a special breed.  I've met Wicked fans who have seen the show upwards of 80 times.  They know every single cast member that ever was, including all the 'walk on' parts and yeah, have all the audios from 11 years ago.

I do have a soft spot for a certain kind of superfan, the whacky musical theatre fans for sure.  They are just so passionate about their shows and the different casts, and there is a community - a real life one.  I have seen Wicked a few times and the dayseat queue is always super friendly, you meet up with people who you previously got to know online and there's a great camaraderie, especially for a cast change show, so I get that.  

I just don't really get the superfans who follow a band from show to show for a year or two on their own? But if someone like Tako is happy doing that, good for her, I guess.

GnR do have some proper badass devoted fans, I remember those pics of people lining up outside the stadium for what, like three or four days, sleeping on the street, was it in Colombia? Chile? I can't remember now, but that was really cool. I like those kind of fans. 

These others though, they just buy the VIP front row because they have more money than everyone else and then they are walking around all the other fans like some kind of royalty lol. 

I really don't get why you would want to watch the same show 70 times, the travelling part I get but even then they don't stay somewhere long enough to appreciate it. It's more weird because they don't really seem to be fans of the whole band at all, just either Axl or Slash, it's a bit stalkerish and they clearly think that they owe them for what they "do for them" when really that's all on them, no one makes them spend their money. 

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

At this point I'm not sure they still do it on their own :shrugs:

You know, this is not only about money... It's also about having the time to do it, to travel, to arrange such trips and since most of these people are adults (some married and/or with children) that's another thing that you need to sort out when following a band on tour.

This NITL tour has covered all continents and the summers in both hemispheres. I wonder how it is possible to match your adult life with vacation periods that cover the summers of the whole planet :question:

That's what I wonder.  If you are an ordinary working person, to do this, you must have no commitments or responsibilities whatsoever, not so much as a plant to water, or a pet to care for, plus a lot of savings and a years' sabbatical and maybe have no rent to pay.  But then if you are properly rich, you could do it easily I suppose.

24 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

I want to know if Slash Duff actually see this or Fans IG with hashtag Sluff N'tht photo

Hmm...well, they must be aware of the hashtag at least, through their wives/girlfriends.  Susan instagramed a photo she took recently of Duff and Slash and hash tagged it Sluff, so either she doesn't know the proper meaning of the hashtag, or she ships her husband, or she just likes to troll the fans. Or she approves of the odd Sluff dalliance on the side. ;)  

15 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I really don't get why you would want to watch the same show 70 times, the travelling part I get but even then they don't stay somewhere long enough to appreciate it. It's more weird because they don't really seem to be fans of the whole band at all, just either Axl or Slash, it's a bit stalkerish and they clearly think that they owe them for what they "do for them" when really that's all on them, no one makes them spend their money. 

I also don't understand the ones that get obsessed with particular members.  It communicates to me that they don't appreciate the music itself because anyone who loves the music knows how vital each and every member was to the creation of that music.  To single out one member or two makes no sense to me. 

Genuine question: why is it Guns have such a fanatical following in South America?  I know they love their rock in that part of the world, but so does Italy and Australia for example, and they don't seem quite as enthusiastic about Guns as the South Americans? 

23 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

I know they love their rock in that part of the world

This is you answer, we love rock!!! 

And is not just Guns, ask the Rolling Stones, Queen, etc.

We have a very rich culture in what we called Rock en Español, some are not good, but some are sublime, Argentina, Mexico, Chile and Brazil have the best exponents in the genre...Soda Stereo is the main exponent (and they were fucking awesome!!!)

Culturally comes from social and political expression against repression and dictadorship (bad goverment, lack of basic civil rights, extreme poverty)...you can express your anger with Rock!!!

Edited by Georgina Arriaga

58 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

just either Axl or Slash, it's a bit stalkerish and they clearly think that they owe them for what they "do for them" when really that's all on them, no one makes them spend their money. 

I read in Twitter that Margoth put something in the lines of "See what we do for Axl" it was cringeworthy....why in the world Axl need something from fans? He receives love after Paradise City.... I want to hug them, because they did an awesome job....but frankly I pay for that..and I'm sure they understand that...of course if I get the chance I would love to meet them.....but I think only say Hello and thanks for the music and the show...

5 hours ago, Lumikki said:

Hmm, that's possible. I thought they were just fooling around but yeah it could be photoshopped. The quality of this picture is so poor, you can't tell anything...

3 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I really don't get why you would want to watch the same show 70 times, the travelling part I get but even then they don't stay somewhere long enough to appreciate it.

To tell you the truth, when I was at the show, I had so much fun I dreamed of having the money to be able to go for the entire tour and I think I would have great fun doing that. Of course, I can't be sure I wouldn't change my mind after the third show but either way I wouldn't consider it impossible that someone may actually really enjoy such a thing. Although with the part of them being interested in one member only, yeah, that I also find weird.

3ef3e81dd3ce762111f836753518a2f3.jpg

LOL! This is a cute idea.

Edit: I love his wrist beads.  Am I the only one who looks at their attire and thinks, I'd wear that. ^^

@Georgina Arriaga Thanks for answering my question. Will check out Soda Stereo.  I was aware of the passion for rock, but I guess I never thought about the cultural roots of that. Really interesting.  Guns Rock in Rio 91 is one of my favourite videos to watch partly because the crowd really makes it and you can see Guns thrive on the energy.

Edited by MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle

13 minutes ago, Asia said:

To tell you the truth, when I was at the show, I had so much fun I dreamed of having the money to be able to go for the entire tour and I think I would have great fun doing that. Of course, I can't be sure I wouldn't change my mind after the third show but either way I wouldn't consider it impossible that someone may actually really enjoy such a thing. Although with the part of them being interested in one member only, yeah, that I also find weird.

Maybe it's addicting, like some people are addicted to the rush of gambling, I don't know. I know I tried to follow Metallica when I really loved them and I got bored of them pretty quick, like two shows in :lol: It didn't happen to me with GnR though, the second show the night after the first was just as much magic, so maybe it is worth it 🤔

I get that some people have followed the  solo careers of some of the members of the band, it's just weird to see people just there for Axl or just there for Slash. i can't explain it, like they're not really in the same band. At the same time. Weird. 

And you can't talk to them about how it would be nice to see Izzy on stage with them or why is there Melissa Reese in the band :lol:

4 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

GnR do have some proper badass devoted fans, I remember those pics of people lining up outside the stadium for what, like three or four days, sleeping on the street, was it in Colombia? Chile? I can't remember now, but that was really cool. I like those kind of fans. 

These others though, they just buy the VIP front row because they have more money than everyone else and then they are walking around all the other fans like some kind of royalty lol. 

I think it was Perú.... because the original band had never played over there (only nuGuns) and probably they will not be back in a long time.

Yes, for us in Latinamerica the VIP tickets are OUTRAGEOUSLY EXPENSIVE. Maybe for those people it is not so much, but here, with inflation and economic instability, one of those VIP packages equals the monthly salary of a regular Joe.

I wonder the same about seeing the same show over and over.... In a month or so I'll be going to another GN'R show and Im not thrilled at all :facepalm:.... I already know what to expect, musically speaking, I've seen the show one year agp and I know it hasn't changed one iota but ok, I'm doing it because its gonna be another country and that's the excitement for me now.... but no way in hell I'd want to go to 10 more similar shows.

This Axl's crew thing or the "I only have eyes for Slash" attitude of the other woman makes me a bit sick in the stomach. I think it's disrespectful for the other members of the band. Axl is not Guns N' Roses. Slash is not the only person working his ass off on stage. I would never wear such a t-shirt........ bad taste and awful message to the rest of the band, like they don't exist or are less important....... fuck that, it's so childish, like when girls have a favorite member from a BOY BAND :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

That's what I wonder.  If you are an ordinary working person, to do this, you must have no commitments or responsibilities whatsoever, not so much as a plant to water, or a pet to care for, plus a lot of savings and a years' sabbatical and maybe have no rent to pay.  But then if you are properly rich, you could do it easily I suppose.

I also don't understand the ones that get obsessed with particular members.  It communicates to me that they don't appreciate the music itself because anyone who loves the music knows how vital each and every member was to the creation of that music.  To single out one member or two makes no sense to me. 

Genuine question: why is it Guns have such a fanatical following in South America?  I know they love their rock in that part of the world, but so does Italy and Australia for example, and they don't seem quite as enthusiastic about Guns as the South Americans? 

Are these people really rich? Do rich people listen to greasy Guns N' Roses? :lol:

I might sound ignorant but its hard for me to associate a band like GN'R with the taste of a wealthy person.... don't know why....

As for why people in Latinamerica like rock n' roll a lot, I think @Georgina Arriaga answers is spot on! Perfectly worded and justified :thumbsup:

56 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Thanks for answering my question. Will check out Soda Stereo.  I was aware of the passion for rock, but I guess I never thought about the cultural roots of that. Really interesting.  Guns Rock in Rio 91 is one of my favourite videos to watch partly because the crowd really makes it and you can see Guns thrive on the energy.

Soda Stereo was probably one of the biggest and most famous bands in Latinamerica...... Can't think of any other band as popular and able to fill stadiums like they did...

Edited by killuridols

3 hours ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

When I was traveling South America last two years, I was really surprised how much are Guns a thing there (if I compare it with my home). Just walked across (minor) town, and they played it in random shops, hairderessers... Also in cafes and restaurants they play it a lot, even Spaghetti incident tracks. Sometimes, if we asked, they continued and streamed it; sometimes this was even not needed to ask. My friend was in Lima the day GNR was there and he told me all the city was upside down and everyone, including random people in the streets, was super excited about it.

One of favorite South America memories was chalet in Torres del Paine, we came back from sunrise watching in mountains and there is big main room with two floor windows and breathtaking mountain view and the staff was streaming Guns one by another on main speakers. They played it a lot both days we were there (without request).

Edited by Alja

5 minutes ago, Alja said:

When I was traveling South America last two years, I was really surprised how much are Guns a thing there (if I compare it with my home). Just walked across (minor) town, and they played it in random shops, hairderessers... Also in cafes and restaurants they play it a lot, even Spaghetti incident tracks. Sometimes, if we asked, they continued and streamed it; sometimes this was even not needed to ask. My friend was in Lima the day GNR was there and he told me all the city was upside down and everyone, including random people in the streets, was super excited about it.

One of favorite South America memories was chalet in Torres del Paine, we came back from sunrise watching in mountains and there is big main room with two floor windows and breathtaking mountain view and the staff was streaming Guns one by another on main speakers. They played it a lot both days we were there (without request).

How I wish we had a like option.  So enjoyed reading that.  :thumbsup:  Makes me want to pack up and go live in a South American village where you hear Guns N' Roses at the hairdressers and random people in the streets are excited by them.  Sounds like heaven!  Which songs were they playing most?  AFD or YUI?  I don't suppose anyone was playing CD. ha!

1 hour ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Guns Rock in Rio 91 is one of my favourite videos to watch partly because the crowd really makes it and you can see Guns thrive on the energy.

When Axl in his intro of Welcome to the Jungle denounce the murder of homeless people in Rio in hands of the Death Squads from the goverment, it was very powerful. Every Latinamerica country has suffered that kind of violence.

Gracias Totales por los videos de Soda!!! @killuridols

Other big bands have rich fans following them everywhere too (the only difference may be that they're not fans of particular band members, as with GnR). Even AC/DC, a band that's even more working class (as far as fandom goes) than GnR, have fans that follow them everywhere in the world.

• Like 1