GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

10 hours ago, Wheredowegomeow said:

Think this has to be one of my all time favourite pictures just because of the look on Duffs face :lol:

3 hours ago, purplestargirl said:

Re Duff's facial expressions -  He always has the look of WTF on his face in strange situations. He says in his book that he's always experiencing bizarre events so I don't understand why he pulls these facial expressions, despite the fact they're hilarious.

For me he looks he is holding back but carefully observing the situation so noone would get hurt (I guess level of sobriety was pretty low in some during the session). Like Fall to Pieces video, Duff never cease to melt my heart.

8 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

I don't even know why I'm posting this :facepalm:

XV8R8Il.gif

Still can't get my head around on how he is nowadays. I'm torn between "I'm glad he's happy and goofy" and "I'm glad he looks happy but something feels off about him". Something about goofy Axl creeps me out. Always has.

Am I being the only one with that impression?

Edit: Dangling feet Axl did touch me but still I felt odd about it. Just to clarify. As I said I'm torn between those two feelings.

Edited by Tori72
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Still can't get my head around on how he is nowadays. I'm torn between "I'm glad he's happy and goofy" and "I'm glad he looks happy but something feels off about him". Something about goofy Axl creeps me out. Always has.

Edit: Dangling feet Axl did touch me but still I felt odd about it. Just to clarify. As I said I'm torn between those two feelings.

I've felt the same way. It reminds me of when you go into a retail store and you can tell the Cashier is putting on an act to be friendly. (If that makes sense :lol:)

• Like 1

Just now, Zoot said:

I've felt the same way. It reminds me of when you go into a retail store and you can tell the Cashier is putting on an act to be friendly. (If that makes sense :lol:)

Feels fake to you? Hmm, I can see that. To me it doesn't even feel fake. That would at least be old asshole Axl inside. lol I don't even mean it as a joke. In old times Axl could be incredibly sweet and sensitive and in other moments very brutal, assholy. But he never was ... so much trying to be liked. Being goofy and infantile in order come aroung being nice and cute? Trouble is I feel it comes truthfully from his inside. I'm rather worried about him than anything else.

I hope he's on the right meds. I know this can be misunderstood as it is the internet etc. But I mean that in the most respectful way.

I know what you mean.  It's hard to explain isn't it?  I think he always had the tendency to be goofy - it comes out a little bit in old interviews, very rarely on stage though.  I think maybe that part of him has just...come out more...for want of a better phrase, as he's gotten older?  They say that, don't they, that your quirks and funny ways get worse as you get older? LOL 

But I've just been watching a NuGuns gig at House of Blues 2001 and Axl is depressing the audience in between songs with tales of political woe and ramblings about China in that weird disjointed voice he sometimes puts on when he wants to make a serious point, you know that one?  So maybe funny, goofy is better! 

Edit: posted right after you - yeah, meds did cross my mind...

Just to clarify, I'm not sure what Andy mean by the :facepalm: emoji, but I don't personally find anything odd about him in that gif??  I'm talking about his behaviour in general though...

Edited by MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle

On 20/10/2017 at 5:00 PM, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

That was H&M?  I'm impressed.  It's fab.  How much was it?  I was looking there not so long ago and all they had were Justin Beiber shirts in the men's section.  That's a nice one too.  You should definitely get it when you can afford it next - they usually do XS and I find if you put it in the dryer it shrinks nicely.

HMV also do awesome GNR and band shirts for under £15 (sorry don't know where you are in the world).

I've got so many GNR tops now it's ridiculous.  I somehow managed to score two freebies from the London pop up shop, plus one I bought at the venue, plus two I bought from Topman (also good for jewellery - the men get all the cool shit)  including a really uncommon white one with the cross and GNR in red at the back - never seen it before.  Now I have Izzy and Paradise City hoodie coming. :facepalm:  I'm hopeless.  

20€. Didn't think it was that expensive, because it's a sweat and it's originally from a Buhler litho. I think I'm gonna get it and try the dryer thing :P I feel you about the GNR shirts, I can't resist them, I have so many that sometimes it looks like I only have GNR shirts to wear :P I was trying to refrain a little but then H&M does this. There isn't a day I don't feel sad for not buying the GNR Lisbon show shirt. I was a way too broke at the time cause the travel expenses to and from the show weren't cheap but I just should have gave them a little bit more of my little money :max:

On 20/10/2017 at 4:17 PM, Andy14 said:

Edit: @dgnr Ooops, we were posting at the same time, so I deleted it. My apologies :unsure:

Oh no, don't apologize, princess! The more gifs the merrier :hug:

On 20/10/2017 at 4:40 PM, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Humpty Dumpty 

I had to go and google that. Close enough :P 

20 hours ago, Loseyourillusions98 said:

Is the white one online somewhere? I can't seem to find it :shrugs: 

I don't know where you are in the world, but I can see it on hm.pt at least. Guess it would be available for other countries too :)

28 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

I don't even know why I'm posting this :facepalm:

Oh god, I can't stop looking at it! Damn you, Axl, you adorable SOB :wub:

21 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

I hear you! It's definitely strange to see him like this, it's like the complete other end of the Axl Rose spectrum :P Sometimes I wonder who's this new adorable creature too, but at the end of the day I think he just mellowed maybe :question: I don't know, sometimes I find myself looking at these stuff and thinking 'no, this is Axl Rose...there's no way he is this goofy' :ph34r:

11 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Just to clarify, I'm not sure what Andy mean by the :facepalm: emoji, but I don't personally find anything odd about him in that gif??

Don't worry, it was a reaction on myself posting a gif again, nothing to do with his expression there, so don't mind me :smiley-confused2:

Výsledek obrázku pro homer simpson gif

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

I know what you mean.  It's hard to explain isn't it?  I think he always had the tendency to be goofy - it comes out a little bit in old interviews, very rarely on stage though.  I think maybe that part of him has just...come out more...for want of a better phrase, as he's gotten older?  They say that, don't they, that your quirks and funny ways get worse as you get older? LOL 

But I've just been watching a NuGuns gig at House of Blues 2001 and Axl is depressing the audience in between songs with tales of political woe and ramblings about China in that weird disjointed voice he sometimes puts on when he wants to make a serious point, you know that one?  So maybe funny, goofy is better! 

Edit: posted right after you - yeah, meds did cross my mind...

Just to clarify, I'm not sure what Andy mean by the :facepalm: emoji, but I don't personally find anything odd about him in that gif??  I'm talking about his behaviour in general though...

The voice I'm thinking of is when I assumed he's putting on an exeggerated Indiana drawl? 

But, sure, goofy Axl is pleasant. But if it is because he isn't well or his meds are making him so... idk.

9 minutes ago, dgnr said:

I hear you! It's definitely strange to see him like this, it's like the complete other end of the Axl Rose spectrum :P Sometimes I wonder who's this new adorable creature too, but at the end of the day I think he just mellowed maybe :question: I don't know, sometimes I find myself looking at these stuff and thinking 'no, this is Axl Rose...there's no way he is this goofy' :ph34r:

Axl was always goofy and fucking adorable at it.

369164caa34a673e0b9b699980d98752.gif

tumblr_oijet7MUX91vdixaao1_500.gif

tumblr_nne3bzNPaq1uts70po3_400.gif

The most adorable and dorkiest thing has been the following though. There you have cool af Izzy Stradlin in it dorking away with his old friend. I'm literally melting every time I'm seeing those two :lol:

7c974a48228a691c9647f2e4fff00e63.gif

So to come back on point, there's been a goof in Axl. But he was goofy with his band mates. Now with the audience? I don't know ...

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

So to come back on point, there's been a goof in Axl. But he was goofy with his band mates. Now with the audience? I don't know ...

What is the poor guy supposed to do when the band mates don't react nowadays. :max: Audience is all he has :max:

:P

Spoiler

Some more

Výsledek obrázku pro axl rose hat slash gif

Výsledek obrázku pro axl rose slash funny gif

• Like 4

Just now, Andy14 said:

What is the poor guy supposed to do when the band mates don't react nowadays. :max: Audience is all he has :max:

:P

Hide contents

Some more

Výsledek obrázku pro axl rose hat slash gif

Výsledek obrázku pro axl rose slash funny gif

You got a point there. And the question is, why don't they? The haven't found common ground yet and Axl is fooling around with the audience to get some good vibes?

Still feels odd though and I'm still thinking of meds, sorry.

Thanks for your gifs, was looking for the last one, couldn't find it. So lovely both are smiling.

Well, Duff and Richard react...it's just Slash who doesn't...Oh god, don't tempt me into a 'status of Axl and Slash's relationship' convo. lol I'm so horribly negative about it and I try, try to see the positives and convince myself they're really friends...and I feel it in my bones that it's fake...nooooo...I'm not going there tonight...! lol

And Tori, that Duff/Axl gif is one of my absolute favourites...just adorable. :wub: 

9 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

Maybe because they have to play their guitar/bass and concentrate. Axl sings then when he's finished his 'work' starts to annoy the others who are still 'working' like there was always one of those kids in class who distracts the others because they're bored.*

*I was that kid :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, dgnr said:

20€. Didn't think it was that expensive, because it's a sweat and it's originally from a Buhler litho. I think I'm gonna get it and try the dryer thing :P I feel you about the GNR shirts, I can't resist them, I have so many that sometimes it looks like I only have GNR shirts to wear :P I was trying to refrain a little but then H&M does this. There isn't a day I don't feel sad for not buying the GNR Lisbon show shirt. I was a way too broke at the time cause the travel expenses to and from the show weren't cheap but I just should have gave them a little bit more of my little money :max:

Ah, so did you buy it after all?  20 Euros is pretty standard I guess unless you wait for the post xmas sales, but then you might miss out, especially the size you want, those always go first.  Snap it up!  And yeah, I hate it when you have a GNR shirt regret.  :(

1 hour ago, Tori72 said:

Yes to this. 

And I don't have the authority or the knowledge, but I'm on the meds side...even his belly is not like a proper belly is more like swollen belly...I don't know.....hope at least he is at peace.

He always has been goofy, but I truly miss his sardonic side, sometimes when he is imitating the audience I wonder if he is make fun of them, which is bad, but could be traces of the old Axl.

46 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

The most adorable and dorkiest thing has been the following though. There you have cool af Izzy Stradlin in it dorking away with his old friend. I'm literally melting every time I'm seeing those two :lol:

7c974a48228a691c9647f2e4fff00e63.gif

Beyond adorable

Had to share this with you ladies, look at Slash flirting at 3:14. Cheeky boy! 

It's a good interview actually.  He just wants to play guitar, Axl is the visionary, and they don't see eye to eye, but they had dinner and a bottle of wine together to talk through their differences.  Of course we can speculate about the subtext right?  What kind of Slaxl moments might there have been over that bottle of wine? :awesomeface:

Edited by MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle
  • Like 1