GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

1 hour ago, Ubukitty said:

I have noticed the same thing lately. Even though he's smiling in his on stage performances and being very outgoing with the band, something just seems very forced to me. He doesn't seem like the same person, not that I think I ever really knew the real Axl but def something is different. I was listening to Duffs interview regarding the traffic in Seattle and how screwed up it is and he made reference to it being like the band.

Current or past?  Wht did He aaid? 

12 hours ago, Frey said:

It's Meegan's youngest daughter's band? Cool, didn't know that. Nice of Slash to help her out. And interesting choice of band name and artwork.

Slash is also supporting Meegans other daughter, who is starting to work as a makeup-artist. That one pic he posted of the green woman with horns, etc ... the make up was done by her :)

• Like 1

OK I'm beat. Just caught up on last ten pages!! That's what I get for going off grid (into the real world) for a week.

Such an interesting discussion on Axl and how gender is perceived etc. Thanks everyone especially those who wrote long, well-considered contributions. And like someone else said, a well-behaved discussion. Go the new, mature Women's thread :headbang::rofl-lol:

All I have to add is: for me personally, the first time I ever saw GNR was the SCOM video in 87/88. I remember that moment. I was instantly entranced by Axl. His moves and his look. It sounds drama queen-ish but it was love at first sight. I couldn't have explained back then why I reacted that way. Now I realise it was because of his ambiguous sexuality (at least in terms of his look). Why do/did young girls adore girly-looking rock/pop stars? I believe that sexuality is a spectrum, not either/or. And especially when you're young and your own sexual identity is not fully formed, you can be attracted to people who are like you in some way. That's my theory.

Axl's insane sexiness as a young man was largely due to the fact that he managed (consciously or unconsciously) to 'package' a broad spectrum of sexiness into one person. He presented possibility and playfulness. Add to that the aura of dangerousness and unpredictability and you've got the phenomenon that was Axl Rose when he first burst into the world's consciousness.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Andy14 said:

@Whiskey Rose What have you done? :nervous: I will never be able to fall asleep again :no:

Výsledek obrázku pro hiding under desk meme

Not even a NICE picture of Axl can make up for it :max: (but you can try :P)

15 hours ago, Whiskey Rose said:

OMG the hiding under the computer desk hahaha:rofl-lol:

Again, sorry everyone lol..and between my pics of Dizzy and the Axl 'stache I better refrain from posting any more images for a while :lol:

Girls, any problem with pretty nice, well maintained teeth?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

Ha! No problem at all with his teeth, they are quite lovely...it's what is above and surrounding it like a prickly caterpillar is what gets me! :lol:

Talking about mouth and neck, few pounds down and shaved is much, much better. But still, my personal unreachable fav in this is Duff anyway.

On 3/13/2017 at 1:44 AM, Tainted1 said:

Great conversation everyone I agree with a lot of points that was made in this thread (and sideyeing Sheila Kennedy's "plump" friend not being able to tag along ?how shallow but anyway...I digress..) I do have an off topic question does anyone who this lady is and what's the story is behind this pic, I've googled like hell and,...nothing lol TIA LSkkBKfeeC8.jpg

The woman in the pic kind of looks like Donna Summer....don't think it is though.

13 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

Current or past?  Wht did He aaid? 

Current interview with Duff. He said what they were doing in seattle wasn't going to help the mass traffic issues by adding bike lanes, it would only be catering to the few and then he said it's kinda like the band.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ubukitty said:

Current interview with Duff. He said what they were doing in seattle wasn't going to help the mass traffic issues by adding bike lanes, it would only be catering to the few and then he said it's kinda like the band.

Maybe he's referring to Axl filling in for AC/DC, not sure because he wouldn't elaborate. Maybe he feels GnR should come first (in terms of new album or something). Axl recently said that he feels a need to help this man out (Angus Young). He said he feels a strong connection that he's never felt before and Duff said in an earlier interview that in his opinion  he thinks Angus should retire so they obviously don't see eye to eye on that situation. I know Angus feels he needs to keep the band going for his brother.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

He is pretty darn sweet! :heart:Here he is holding a fan's baby in Perth...

I bet the baby was not bathed for quiet a while then ;) Really nice and gentle, I`m melting

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I saw this the other day, I can't recall it being posted before anywhere and I tried to check the old thread but it's like finding a needle in a haystack..

IMG_3347.PNG.4db20d1caae94fcab88f6c08ed5a07c9.PNG

Seems she enjoyed hanging out with Axl back in the day. 

It wasn't posted at the old thread, never :)

Good finding, girl!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

------ 

I saw this the other day, I can't recall it being posted before anywhere and I tried to check the old thread but it's like finding a needle in a haystack..

IMG_3347.PNG.4db20d1caae94fcab88f6c08ed5a07c9.PNG

Seems she enjoyed hanging out with Axl back in the day. 

Who is this person? Did Axl date her or what?  :question:

The picture seems to date back to Erin's times. :smiley-confused2: