GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

5 minutes ago, killuridols said:

In your 20's you dont need a cream for wrinkles yet but since you have oily skin, you need a hydrating cream or serum that will keep the oily controlled for some hours and maybe give battle to that awful acne as well ;)

Oh yeah, I have one of those. It's my matifying hydration cream. Oh and the cleansing cream and the exfoliating cream and even another one for when huge pimples pop up. Everything from the pharmacy, even my foundation is for only skin and also from the pharmacy. Like I said, I spend tons of money there, while my friends don't have acne anymore and can keep their money for concerts :max: But there's times of the month that nothing works and my skin is worst now than in my teenage years. I started taking the pill at a very young age, but last year I had to stop it cause my legs felt very heavy and I had morning sickness on the first days of the pill, so the doctor thought it was from it and made me stop taking it. And it was, cause I stopped feeling that. But my face skin, geez, it went downhill since that and it doesn't help that I'm lazy with my exfoliating cream :thumbsdown:

I have oily skin too and I had acne, and I guess that has relatively saved me from wrinkling, although I don't do more than the very basics for skin care (washing, a daily cream and peel occasionally).

Menopause is scaring the hell out of me. It's been starting slowly and I don't want to think of what is ahead :/

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I have oily skin too and I had acne, and I guess that has relatively saved me from wrinkling, although I don't do more than the very basics for skin care (washing, a daily cream and peel occasionally).

Menopause is scaring the hell out of me. It's been starting slowly and I don't want to think of what is ahead :/

You may be lucky and not have any problems regarding the Menopause, good luck! 

I don't use any skin products just facial wipes morning and night (yeah it's laziness) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, killuridols said:

If you are, let's say 45+, then you can't avoid using an anti-age cream :shrugs:

Yes, I can!!  :lol:   

A couple of facial lines and some gray hair don't define me.  Step 1 of the cartoon above is basically my whole routine, lol, with Step 5 added as needed, especially in the winter.  Devoting hours of time per week to messing about with skin, hair, and nail routines seems like overkill, and I get no enjoyment out of it and won't do it.  I'm clean and presentable (and blessed with good genes).  The cultural requirements to be considered 'stylish' are fascinating.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

You may be lucky and not have any problems regarding the Menopause, good luck! 

I don't use any skin products just facial wipes morning and night (yeah it's laziness) 

Thanks :) The weight thing has started. I'm gaining weight very easily now and it's all going around the waist :max:  I'm trying to fight it and it's a hard one :max:

I'm lazy too.

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

Thanks :) The weight thing has started. I'm gaining weight very easily now and it's all going around the waist :max:  I'm trying to fight it and it's a hard one :max:

I'm lazy too.

I think it's natures way of taking the piss...you can't get pregnant but you can look pregnant :lol:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, annabanana said:

Question, does menopause affect your sex drive? 

Getting older gradually affects it.  Sex drive at 52 is not quite the same as sex drive at 22!  But menopause didn't cause a significant drop-off.  

1 minute ago, triad said:

Getting older gradually affects it.  Sex drive at 52 is not quite the same as sex drive at 22!  But menopause didn't cause a significant drop-off.  

Thanks :) getting worried about it coz my mom started menopause at 40 so that's in 5 years for me. A friend told me that it's normally the same time as your mom, don't know how true though 

This thread went from talking about Charles Manson to birth control within a 24 hour span. That's awesome. 

I'd also like to point out that the gender icon has returned. And in regards to birth control, I did Depo Provera and I gained a lot of weight and it fucked with my hormones. Never again. If I go back on birth control, I want to do Paragard. It's non-hormonal.

1 hour ago, dgnr said:

Oh yeah, I have one of those. It's my matifying hydration cream. Oh and the cleansing cream and the exfoliating cream and even another one for when huge pimples pop up. Everything from the pharmacy, even my foundation is for only skin and also from the pharmacy. Like I said, I spend tons of money there, while my friends don't have acne anymore and can keep their money for concerts :max: But there's times of the month that nothing works and my skin is worst now than in my teenage years. I started taking the pill at a very young age, but last year I had to stop it cause my legs felt very heavy and I had morning sickness on the first days of the pill, so the doctor thought it was from it and made me stop taking it. And it was, cause I stopped feeling that. But my face skin, geez, it went downhill since that and it doesn't help that I'm lazy with my exfoliating cream :thumbsdown:

Awww.... I also have the hormone problem with that time of the months, my hair and skin becomes even more oily :facepalm:

Shit, that's the reason why I stopped the pill too! I think it has given me a bad circulation problem and it took me years to get it out of my system. I think its still around somehow :confused:

But my skin has not suffered because of the lack of it.

Exfoliating cream dont you have to use it only once a week? You shouldnt be lazy if that's the interval :shrugs:

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

How do you know when its starting? :scared:

I have no idea how this happens... maybe it is happening to me? lol

1 hour ago, triad said:

Yes, I can!!  :lol:   

A couple of facial lines and some gray hair don't define me.  Step 1 of the cartoon above is basically my whole routine, lol, with Step 5 added as needed, especially in the winter.  Devoting hours of time per week to messing about with skin, hair, and nail routines seems like overkill, and I get no enjoyment out of it and won't do it.  I'm clean and presentable (and blessed with good genes).  The cultural requirements to be considered 'stylish' are fascinating.  

I don't devote hours to the skin care routine. Maximum 15 minutes in the morning and 15 minutes in the night.

My nails I keep them clean and short and that's all. Hardly ever paint them but I do put on cream because Im always touching water.

None of this is about being 'stylish'. I consider it part of taking care of your health, skin is an organ just like your liver or your heart.

People tend to take it for granted.

5 hours ago, killuridols said:

How do you know when its starting? :scared:

I have no idea how this happens... maybe it is happening to me? lol

edit: deleted

@killuridols could you please edit your post below in which you quote me and delete the content of the quote? I don't want this information to be here for ever in plain view for everyone to read, lol.

Edited by Blackstar

13 hours ago, Blackstar said:

The duration of the period gets smaller and the flow is reduced (in other women it increases though).

:confused:

damn :scared:

and I thought I was becoming more fertile because of the increase in flow :rofl-lol:

(lol at silly me still believing in Santa Clause :lol:)

Edited by killuridols

5 hours ago, killuridols said:

:confused:

damn :scared:

and I thought I was becoming more fertile because of the increase in flow :rofl-lol:

(lol at silly me still believing in Santa Clause :lol:)

The reduction or increase may be due to other factors.

Edited by Blackstar

5 hours ago, Tori72 said:

My gyn told me increase is normal after giving birth. Maybe she neglected the age and menopause thing to make me feel good? So not ready for heat flushes yet. Still remember those from nursing times. Awful!

Edited by Blackstar

20 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I guess this also represents the guys who participate in this thread or lurk. They must have freaked out :lol:

Yeah I felt badly for them lol as the convo kept goin! :lol: But I guess that is bound to happen at times in such a thread titled "womens discussion!" ha!

• Haha 1