alfierose

GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

11 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

This is sarcasm, right? because those moments were awesome:D

Yeah, I just don't think Axl playing a guitar or whatever for a couple of minutes during a song during whatever era of his live performances is a bad thing :shrugs:

In fact, I wish he would play the guitar nowadays (even electric) or jump up onto the drum kit...

• Like 4

As much as I love CD, the biggest issue I have with it is Axl's vocals. It works on some songs but not others. I have loved Madagascar and The Blues since I heard it back in 2002 because his vocals fit the songs imo. TWAT is another one where the vocals fit and that Buckethead solo is fucking euphoric! In other songs I feel that the vocals don't match the intensity of the music. Like, I adore melody and instrumental arrangement of TIL and Prostitute but the vocals on it are a total miss for me.

A few years ago when CD was available on Rock Band, I made alt mixes for some of the songs (particularly TIL and Prostitute) and that is the version I almost exclusively listen to now.

The only CD songs I cannot get into are I.R.S and ITW.

Side note: Have any of you checked out the covers Gareth Rhodes (axl77) has done of some CD songs on YT? They're quite good...

Edited by KiraMPD
  • Like 1

For me when the album came out I was so happy to hear axl singing and glad  that it had finally been released, prostitute was always the stand out track for me.

People say its not a guns record but we don't know how the band would have developed I still listen to it probably more than appetite and the illusions, I'm glad people are still  discovering it 💛

I remeber the time the CD leaks came out. I listened to some of them and I wasn't impressed. But I thought those were just demos. When the album came up I bought it. I listened to it and I didn't like it. It is not a hard rock album. There are no powerful balads either. I like SOD and Madagascar. But they are not at the same level with NR or Don't Cry. There are other songs that I just don't understand what they are about. The lyrics and music in general I find them boring. I don't find memorable rifs nor memorable intros or lyrics. I think Sorry would've been much better as a hard rock song. It has the potential to be a GN'R song. But the music doesn't fit the lyrics, at least some of them. But even if I would've liked the album. The fact remains that is an irrelevant album. It didn't make any impact outside GN'R forums. That's why I don't understand why during a reunion tour they are playing so many CD songs.

• Like 1

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you american women of this thread! Anyway I just come across this Meegan's insta post where she talks a bit about what they're gonna eat on Thanksgiving, reveals that Turkey is Slash's favourite meal, etc. She says she's gonna make a Birthday Cake, so I can only assume that Axl is coming to Slash's and they're gonna celebrate Chinese Democracy birthday together :smiley-confused2: It has to be that, right? :P 

Edited by dgnr
  • Like 3

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you who celebrate it!
Hope you have a great and peaceful time with your family.

We do not have that holidays here and today it is a black day for Argentina ....

1f614.png

• GNFNR 1
  • Sad 4

I suppose you refer to the submarine ? 

24 minutes ago, killuridols said:

We do not have that holidays here and today it is a black day for Argentina ....

1f614.png

I suppose you refer to the submarine tragic news?

I am so sad for the people and their relatives and friends. I have a very good friend who is from Mar del Plata. 

3 hours ago, dgnr said:

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you american women of this thread! Anyway I just come across this Meegan's insta post where she talks a bit about what they're gonna eat on Thanksgiving, reveals that Turkey is Slash's favourite meal, etc. She says she's gonna make a Birthday Cake, so I can only assume that Axl is coming to Slash's and they're gonna celebrate Chinese Democracy birthday together :smiley-confused2: It has to be that, right? :P 

That's a cute post of Meegan. Idk, it made me smile. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Slash cat ,how cute pic!😻😺

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

Happy thanksgiving American WT members!

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

1f614.png

Sincere condolences killuridols 😔 just read about this on the news, those poor people and their families. 

1 hour ago, Tori72 said:

I love the cat posts :wub: she put a video of the cats on her Instagram story the other day which made me laugh...they were sat huddled together like a gang watching a butterfly on the other side of the window.

@killuridols i've just read about the submarine, so sad for you and your country. I read there was an explosive noise a few days ago and they've only just confirmed that, is that true?

39 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

@killuridols i've just read about the submarine, so sad for you and your country. I read there was an explosive noise a few days ago and they've only just confirmed that, is that true?

Thank you and thanks for the help your country has given us :unsure:

An international organization with base in Vienna (Austria) that works detecting nuclear tests, quakes and other sounds from Earth/Ocean, informed Argentina that the were was a noise in the area where the submarine went missing, a few hours after the last known communication from the submarine. They say it is equivalent with an explosion. So.... put 2 and 2 together and you get disaster....

On 11/21/2017 at 8:05 PM, Blackstar said:

I guess this also represents the guys who participate in this thread or lurk. They must have freaked out :lol:

I don't really care. I'm not freaked out by women's health stuff. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, killuridols said:

An international organization with base in Vienna (Austria) that works detecting nuclear tests, quakes and other sounds from Earth/Ocean, informed Argentina that the were was a noise in the area where the submarine went missing, a few hours after the last known communication from the submarine. They say it is equivalent with an explosion. So.... put 2 and 2 together and you get disaster....

Sorry to hear about that @killuridols

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, killuridols said:

Im so sorry :hug:

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

I don't really care. I'm not freaked out by women's health stuff. 

I didn't know you are male.

The gender icon was not working when you started posting, I guess.

Why are you here anyways? lol

Edited by killuridols
  • Like 1

On 11/20/2017 at 11:36 AM, Politania said:

I really dont know. I dont understand the quote with black heart.. hoping someone here will explain it 😆

Im so happy that you will go on concert soon 😃😃😃😃

I think she is depressed too.  Kinda seems to be reaching for help or maybe she's just dramatic. Did you get your tickets for the show? I decided to go to Saturday and Wednesdays shows. I really need to stop already. Hope to hear from you soon.

• Like 1