Jump to content
alfierose

GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Oh god yeah, what was he thinking? Like when he used to play the intro to Dead Horse and a bit of Devo or those clips from the 80s when he played Duffs bass and jams with the band and omg the horror of when he played Matts drum kit in Argentina! 😱

:D

This is sarcasm, right? because those moments were awesome:D

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

This is sarcasm, right? because those moments were awesome:D

Yeah, I just don't think Axl playing a guitar or whatever for a couple of minutes during a song during whatever era of his live performances is a bad thing :shrugs:

In fact, I wish he would play the guitar nowadays (even electric) or jump up onto the drum kit...

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As much as I love CD, the biggest issue I have with it is Axl's vocals. It works on some songs but not others. I have loved Madagascar and The Blues since I heard it back in 2002 because his vocals fit the songs imo. TWAT is another one where the vocals fit and that Buckethead solo is fucking euphoric! In other songs I feel that the vocals don't match the intensity of the music. Like, I adore melody and instrumental arrangement of TIL and Prostitute but the vocals on it are a total miss for me.

A few years ago when CD was available on Rock Band, I made alt mixes for some of the songs (particularly TIL and Prostitute) and that is the version I almost exclusively listen to now.

The only CD songs I cannot get into are I.R.S and ITW.

 

Side note: Have any of you checked out the covers Gareth Rhodes (axl77) has done of some CD songs on YT? They're quite good...

 

Edited by KiraMPD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me when the album came out I was so happy to hear axl singing and glad  that it had finally been released, prostitute was always the stand out track for me.

People say its not a guns record but we don't know how the band would have developed I still listen to it probably more than appetite and the illusions, I'm glad people are still  discovering it 💛

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remeber the time the CD leaks came out. I listened to some of them and I wasn't impressed. But I thought those were just demos. When the album came up I bought it. I listened to it and I didn't like it. It is not a hard rock album. There are no powerful balads either. I like SOD and Madagascar. But they are not at the same level with NR or Don't Cry. There are other songs that I just don't understand what they are about. The lyrics and music in general I find them boring. I don't find memorable rifs nor memorable intros or lyrics. I think Sorry would've been much better as a hard rock song. It has the potential to be a GN'R song. But the music doesn't fit the lyrics, at least some of them. But even if I would've liked the album. The fact remains that is an irrelevant album. It didn't make any impact outside GN'R forums. That's why I don't understand why during a reunion tour they are playing so many CD songs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you american women of this thread! Anyway I just come across this Meegan's insta post where she talks a bit about what they're gonna eat on Thanksgiving, reveals that Turkey is Slash's favourite meal, etc. She says she's gonna make a Birthday Cake, so I can only assume that Axl is coming to Slash's and they're gonna celebrate Chinese Democracy birthday together :smiley-confused2: It has to be that, right? :P 
 

 

Edited by dgnr
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you who celebrate it!
Hope you have a great and peaceful time with your family.

We do not have that holidays here and today it is a black day for Argentina ....

1f614.png

  • GNFNR 1
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suppose you refer to the submarine ? 

24 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you who celebrate it!
Hope you have a great and peaceful time with your family.

We do not have that holidays here and today it is a black day for Argentina ....

1f614.png

I suppose you refer to the submarine tragic news?

I am so sad for the people and their relatives and friends. I have a very good friend who is from Mar del Plata. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dgnr said:

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you american women of this thread! Anyway I just come across this Meegan's insta post where she talks a bit about what they're gonna eat on Thanksgiving, reveals that Turkey is Slash's favourite meal, etc. She says she's gonna make a Birthday Cake, so I can only assume that Axl is coming to Slash's and they're gonna celebrate Chinese Democracy birthday together :smiley-confused2: It has to be that, right? :P 
 

 

That's a cute post of Meegan. Idk, it made me smile. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy thanksgiving American WT members!

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you who celebrate it!
Hope you have a great and peaceful time with your family.

We do not have that holidays here and today it is a black day for Argentina ....

1f614.png

Sincere condolences killuridols 😔 just read about this on the news, those poor people and their families. 

 

1 hour ago, Tori72 said:

That's a cute post of Meegan. Idk, it made me smile. 

I love the cat posts :wub: she put a video of the cats on her Instagram story the other day which made me laugh...they were sat huddled together like a gang watching a butterfly on the other side of the window.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

@killuridols i've just read about the submarine, so sad for you and your country. I read there was an explosive noise a few days ago and they've only just confirmed that, is that true?

Thank you and thanks for the help your country has given us :unsure:

An international organization with base in Vienna (Austria) that works detecting nuclear tests, quakes and other sounds from Earth/Ocean, informed Argentina that the were was a noise in the area where the submarine went missing, a few hours after the last known communication from the submarine. They say it is equivalent with an explosion. So.... put 2 and 2 together and you get disaster....

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/21/2017 at 8:05 PM, Blackstar said:

I guess this also represents the guys who participate in this thread or lurk. They must have freaked out :lol:

I don't really care. I'm not freaked out by women's health stuff. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, killuridols said:

Thank you and thanks for the help your country has given us :unsure:

An international organization with base in Vienna (Austria) that works detecting nuclear tests, quakes and other sounds from Earth/Ocean, informed Argentina that the were was a noise in the area where the submarine went missing, a few hours after the last known communication from the submarine. They say it is equivalent with an explosion. So.... put 2 and 2 together and you get disaster....

 

 

Sorry to hear about that @killuridols

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, killuridols said:

Thank you and thanks for the help your country has given us :unsure:

An international organization with base in Vienna (Austria) that works detecting nuclear tests, quakes and other sounds from Earth/Ocean, informed Argentina that the were was a noise in the area where the submarine went missing, a few hours after the last known communication from the submarine. They say it is equivalent with an explosion. So.... put 2 and 2 together and you get disaster....

 

 

Im so sorry :hug:

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

I don't really care. I'm not freaked out by women's health stuff. 

I didn't know you are male.

The gender icon was not working when you started posting, I guess.

Why are you here anyways? lol

Edited by killuridols

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×