GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

10 hours ago, Lumikki said:

It's always such a relief to to come here after reading all the stupidity in the main section.

People thinking Nikki Sixx is "a great lad with very little ego" and an "intelligent, likable" dude. You've got to be shitting me :facepalm::vomit:

As @BorderlineCrazy correctly pointed out, the man has a bigger ego than everyone who ever was in GNR put together (which is saying something, considering people like Slash, Axl and Sorum have been part of this band) and is a complete and utter asshole. Makes all our favorite idiots in the band seem like sweet little choire boys by comparison.

Also, go ask his ex-wife about what a great guy he is. Or better yet, his step son. The man is a waste of space and air, just like everyone else in Mötley Crue.

@dgnr/e

@dgnr

Hi Lumikki! Thank you for the warm welcome back. It's good to see you here too. :)

I'm with you and @BorderlineCrazy on Nikki. He's smart, but he's also a douchebag with an ego the size of Texas, from what I have read. And he seems really good at manipulating his fans to think he's wonderful. Motley Crue is a whole different level of horrible people. Except for maybe Mick Mars, I don't think I've ever heard or read anything bad about him.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

I do...but I live in Alaska and *everyone* takes their shoes off right when you walk in the door. It's automatic...like we are Japanese or something. :) You don't want to track in all that dirt and stuff!

Yeah, same here. I've almost always lived in major cities, and it's always been my family's custom to take off our shoes and put on house slippers or flip flops (that never go outside) once we're in the house. Even if I'm just going down the hallway in my building to throw out the garbage, I change into "outside" shoes when I leave my apartment and put on slippers as soon as I get back in the apartment. There's so much crap outside on the streets...rats and bodily fluids and God knows what else...I don't want to track that around the house.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fansince88 said:

As we all know, in the midst of all the Trump/Russia allegations Trump tweeted about Obama wiretapping him. Many thought it was just to distract (aka the red herring) people from the Russian story.  This week there were some theories floated out that the British HCGQ  did the wiretapping , but that has proven to be untrue also.

So, basiscally Gingersnap wants the press to forget about the British wiretapping (the red herring) and go back to the Russian allegations, or the Borscht, as he called it. 

Im either a bigger nerd than I thought or I speak Axl-language   

Thanks for this, great explanation. You rock! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, killuridols said:

WHAT IF.... or...... What happens.... if you invite friends over dinner.....relatives or your husband's boss....

Let's say it is a formal dinner, with tablecloth, flowers, wine and all the shit.....:violin:

:suspicious: Do you still ask your guests, who will for sure be wearing some nice suit or a gown in the case of women, or some really nice dress......... to take their fancy shoes off and put on your used-up smelly slippers? Thus ruining the outfit they picked to put on to attend YOUR dinner? :suspicious:

I am sweating at the anticipation of your answer

Ok, first lets get rid of the whole "slippers" notion, we do not do that here lol. It's stockings, socks or bare feet all the way haha. (only grandmas get a pass, they usually wear their comfy sandals around.)

I've never hosted such a Formal dinner, so I can't really say..but if women are coming in with their high heels and such, No, I wouldn't ask them to take them off. So you are safe if you show up to my house in a gown :lol:

I went to an Easter dinner hosted by a Persian family..I showed up in a skirt and high heeled boots..I went to take them off and they were all "No no no no leave them on!" But I couldn't, I just couldn't, it felt weird to walk around in someone's house in high heeled boots. So I was the only one in stockinged feet while all the other women came and left their heels/boots on..then I did feel very odd lol. But I didn't know! Too bad this thread wasn't around then. :lol:

• Like 2

Dear shoe lovers, if your shoes are part of your outfit, you can leave them on. :lol:

I do the same when I go somewhere and wanna show off my heels. And yeah, when you have a more formal thing or you throw a party everyone leaves their shoes on.

10 hours ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Does she have a book, or..? I would like to know more about that side of Tommy Lee.

^This would actually be an interesting idea for a thread.  People could summarize/review some of the books they have read about muscians and bands and the people around them. 

About the shoes:   We usually don't wear shoes at home, however when my daughter was young she loved Legos and we had to wear shoes because those suckers hurt like hell if you step on one. 

Can anyone tell me what is in the left background of this picture. Is it a fish tank with lights?  Is there a Christmas tree?  A Christmas tree inside a fish tank? I had GNR on my TiVo wishlist and it always recorded a show about DJ Ashba having a customized fish tank, maybe Axl has one too? 

IMG_0767.jpg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

^This would actually be an interesting idea for a thread.  People could summarize/review some of the books they have read about muscians and bands and the people around them. 

About the shoes:   We usually don't wear shoes at home, however when my daughter was young she loved Legos and we had to wear shoes because those suckers hurt like hell if you step on one. 

Can anyone tell me what is in the left background of this picture. Is it a fish tank with lights?  Is there a Christmas tree?  A Christmas tree inside a fish tank? I had GNR on my TiVo wishlist and it always recorded a show about DJ Ashba having a customized fish tank, maybe Axl has one too? 

IMG_0767.jpg

No its not in the fish tank, its beside the fish tank

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

LAWD HAVE MERCY!!! I had a cousin who had feet that smelled like funky corn chips, his ass had to keep his damn shoes on at all times.

:lol: feel ya!
The worst thing for me nowadays is that a lot of my colleagues in the office take their shoes off and wear some other indoor shoes or whatever, but then there are some that just take the shoes off for a while and...the smell is creeping on me from under the other end of the desk :vomit:

10 hours ago, killuridols said:

If they consider it rude, I will pull out my list of reasons why taking shoes off it is disgusting and they will see why I am right!! YF2vZk0oNwMwtOrj3OWP.gif

Yeah, I could not tolerate the smell of bad feet so please, leave your shoes on! :o

Go for it! rock3
But seriously, I think most of the people would not mind that much and think you have a point and just mop the floor after you leave.

But who knows maybe they got one of these! :rofl-lol:
123-20121026082042.jpg 

I should get couple of pairs just in case..for forein visitors :heart:

26 minutes ago, Sekh-met said:

:lol: feel ya!
The worst thing for me nowadays is that a lot of my colleagues in the office take their shoes off and wear some other indoor shoes or whatever, but then there are some that just take the shoes off for a while and...the smell is creeping on me from under the other end of the desk :vomit:

Go for it! rock3
But seriously, I think most of the people would not mind that much and think you have a point and just mop the floor after you leave.

But who knows maybe they got one of these! :rofl-lol:
123-20121026082042.jpg 

I should get couple of pairs just in case..for forein visitors :heart:

It gets really bad for me when my soldiers take off their boots after we've been on the gun range all day. Part of it is due to the fact that during these times we are sleeping outside and not able to take showers for a few days.

3 minutes ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

It gets really bad for me when my soldiers take off their boots after we've been on the gun range all day. Part of it is due to the fact that during these times we are sleeping outside and not able to take showers for a few days.

That must be quite something! But its understandable under such circumstances..no one smells like lillies when not being able to take a shower.

The office warriors on the other hand.. -_-
and obviously some people have naturally smelly feet, does not mean that they have no personal hygiene..it's just they could use more self reflection I guess, and not torture the others