GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

RE: houses, accidents and kids: Some things are just that. Accidents. You can be the most cautious parent in the world and your kid still gets into trouble. One of my former neighbors had a toddler who tragically drowned in a puddle. She was only out of sight of her parents for five minutes in her own backyard, which I'm sure they felt was perfectly safe. Right now there's a campaign to get people to wire their dressers and other furniture to the wall because it's crushed kids when they've tried to climb it and it's fallen over on them. Is that something anyone would automatically think of as a threat? Probably not.

You do whatever you can to keep your house clean and keep your kids and pets safe, if you have them - but nothing is foolproof.

Having said that, if I were a parent would I prefer my kid to crawl around in my clean, vacuumed, child-proofed home rather than a dirty outdoor sidewalk? Yep. Would I try to do what I could to keep substances from that dirty outdoor sidewalk from being tracked across my house? Also yes. Again, looking at this from a city perspective, but there's bodily fluids, all sorts of industrial cleaning chemicals, antifreeze and gas spills, rats and rat poison, dead animals, spoiled food that's been rotting on the sidewalk for days...all sorts of germs from stuff most people won't have in their homes.

30 minutes ago, Frey said:

Yeah, according to @Lumikki, Angus' wife told Beta to tell Axl (lol).

You'd need the full tour like these lucky Swiss tourists got :lol: He explained all the stories behind his artworks to them.

Lucky, lucky tourists! I would love to hear that!

Edited by stella
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Frey said:

Also, on the Slaxl front: What tweet of Axl's did Slash like recently? I got a notification on my phone, but didn't check it out then and now when I did think to check, I don't see anything anymore. Did he like something Axl posted and then unliked it again?

Oh yeah, and Duff liked Axl's Red Herring/Borscht tweet. He's clearly fluent in Axlese by now as well :lol:

What the fuck Slass, Why You unlike Axl Tweets??? :max:

Is it because He reads all the Slaxl post here,  Especially Slaxl post when He liked Axl Tweet N'Someone tweet about Axl? :nervous:

34742192.jpg

Edited by SerenityScorp

3 hours ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

Although I'm not a mother, I have helped to raise at least 10 and it really is imperative to let them roam and explore. Getting hurt, falling down, and getting sick is all a part of growing up.

Yup, I'm a toddler teacher so I know all about that! :)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, killuridols said:

OH-EM-GEE what-da-hell!!!

:wow:

That is insane but also... If you know there's gonna be mud like that in the place, why would you wear such fancy shoes?

Some women are :facepalm:

Lol, we all have picked stuff from the floor to eat, thrown ourselves in floors that are not our home's, put our fingers in the socket and defied everything our parents said "no" but that's what parents are for: to put you back in your place and teach you right.

I think you can make it bigger since its resizable. 

Yes, children crawl fast because they are left to crawl on the plain floor, which is absolutely wrong 

Mission impossible, maybe.. but never take your eyes off a toddler or baby that crawls. You should not give them that much space to do that because the moment you do, you could seriously regret it later.

Why do you associate leaving shoes on with ALSO putting feet on the sofa or table? :crazy:

That is totally wrong. Looks like doing this is inappropriate and a sign of being uneducated almost everywhere. However, leaving shoes on has nothing to do with putting your feet up on tables or sofas, which I think it is rude (even if you don't have your shoes on) if you do it at someone else's house (unless the level of confidence with that person allows you to do it).

Of course, man. These people are nuts.

They complain about shoes but they don't have bidets in their bathrooms. :crazy:

am I seeing ass?!? :wow:

Glad to know there's some normality going on, looool :lol:

Yes, that's how it is here and for the same reason. Also, it is considered an act of courtesy that if you just arrived to a house with wet feet or muddy shoes, you stay at the door, inform the owner that your shoes are dirty and ask for some cloth or whatever they have, for you to clean them. 

Other people wear rain boots and bring the clean shoes in a bag, so they can change at the entrance. But no one is ever left barefoot or in socks. That would be rude.

Wow. I thought first world would work better than third :P

It is a struggle, though and also a matter of education of the population. Argentina is a large country and we have all kind of places. Some cities may be cleaner than others but we do have some places that are models of urban cleaning, so the rest of the country tries to copy and apply the rules and norms that have been proven to work.

It is also a source of employment for lots of people who have it hard to find jobs, so I support it 100%.

The dog crap it is a problem, indeed, and in my city for example, they have started to apply fines to people who do not pick up their dogs stuff. There is also publicity aimed to educate dog owners on this regard. Not everybody is a great citizen but we are making an advance (like we also got rid of the indoors smokers).

I never thought of Argentina as a third world country, more like the city of Los Angeles. I don't know if you've ever visited Cali but it's definitely not what you see on tv. They've tried and threatened with fines regarding people not picking up after their dogs but this just hasn't worked. I live in an apartment complex where all of the doggie doo bags are supplied for us and more than enough trash cans to throw it in but they still won't pick it up. It's really frustrating. And the diapers left on the beach, don't even get me started on that topic. You would think they would want to live in a clean environment but won't contribute to helping. The state as a whole has done a great job in curbing smoking, seems like you can't smoke anywhere. Certain cities have banned it entirely, which is a good thing, especially for people like me who are trying to quit. They did just pass a law allowing you to bring your dog to all restaurants that have outdoor dining. Seems everyone here has a dog, they even have a menu for the dogs and supply them with water. Anyway don't want to derail the thread but it would be interesting to see more pics of Argentina since I've never been there and I love to travel.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, dgnr said:

Found this pic on instagram, thought it belongs here :shrugs:

17267324_142980492892491_173467095937948

This pic of Axl makes him look 15 yrs younger! There is also a vibe in this pic, like thier comfort level is coming back.

Edited by Mararoyce

On 3/10/2017 at 2:03 PM, L'HopitalsRule said:

As a person who has undergone psychiatric treatment myself, my doctors have been more concerned with my life being functional (job, interpersonal relationships, education, ect.) rather than me being 'normal.' I mean I could go out and shave my head tomorrow and as long as I was not emotionally distressed and functional most mental health professionals would not really mind if that's what I wanted to do. I see people being analyzed a lot on here and really what I want to stress is that abnormalness is okay as long as one is content and functional. So if one has a mixed family and does whatever who am I to judge if that is what makes that individual content. Just my 2 cents. 

And the meds don't make me particularly numb persay either. Just pretty neutral. :-) 

woww thanks for all the likes folks. that was unexpected.

6 minutes ago, L'HopitalsRule said:

woww thanks for all the likes folks. that was unexpected.

Out of likes but interesting enough topic as I come from a very mixed family. My grandma set the tone for the rest of the family on not judging people based on race, religion or sexual preference. I think most of my family followed her advice.

47 minutes ago, Mararoyce said:

This pic of Axl makes him look 15 yrs younger! There is also a vibe in this pic, like thier comfort level is coming back.

Oh absolutely, I would say their comfort level is back...you could really tell on this latest leg of the tour. Each leg, they seem more and more comfortable...the whole lot of them. So awesome to see! :heart: 

14 hours ago, Frey said:

Yeah, according to @Lumikki, Angus' wife told Beta to tell Axl (lol).

You'd need the full tour like these lucky Swiss tourists got :lol: He explained all the stories behind his artworks to them.

And they didn't give a shit what he was saying about it, they were more interested  in his toilet than his art collection :lol:

We could only dream of being so lucky and would obviously want to know everything about it, at least we would want to listen, even if some of us are heathens who would walk around his house in their socks!!:bitchfight:

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, killuridols said:

OH-EM-GEE what-da-hell!!!

:wow:

That is insane but also... If you know there's gonna be mud like that in the place, why would you wear such fancy shoes?

Some women are :facepalm:

Lol, we all have picked stuff from the floor to eat, thrown ourselves in floors that are not our home's, put our fingers in the socket and defied everything our parents said "no" but that's what parents are for: to put you back in your place and teach you right.

Haha yeah right? I know I wouldn't!
Not sure what happened in the pic I posted but lets give the lady a benefit of doubt and say she was met with some ..unsexpected circumstances? :lol:

lol fingers in sockets! Or when mom told you "don't touch that! It is hot!"..but how hot exactly? Gotta find out! :rofl-lol: Ahh good old times! Getting nostalgic :heart:

EDIT: Loving the Agrentina pics!!! Beautiful!

18 hours ago, Andy14 said:

Omg, seeing this always reminds me that I need to make a doctor's appointment. Lol. :smiley-confused2:

:awesomeface: sorry! 

Or maybe it's a good thing! Go and make that appointment!..tomorrow!, ..or the day after tomorrow ...:smiley-confused2:

Edited by Sekh-met
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Yes, but.... :ph34r:

Im not sure I like the way he's wearing his jeans in that pic..... 

But that was also the times and the fashion at the time. Lot's of guys wore their jeans like that but only Axl looked like Axl.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

But that was also the times and the fashion at the time. Lot's of guys wore their jeans like that but only Axl looked like Axl.

I don't remember about that....

Then glad this fashion is gone because it was fugly :thumbsdown: