GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

7 hours ago, janrichmond said:

Those high waisted 'mum jeans' made a comeback in England a couple of years ago.....i didn't go there...the '80's were the worst fashions. Even in the '80's i knew it was shit:P

Late 80's to early 90's all the guys in hard rock or metal bands were wearing spandex leggings like Axl did....yeah I admit I dated a few guys that wore them too :smiley-confused2:

• Like 1

20 hours ago, killuridols said:

No, I have never been to California but one GNR fan we all know :ph34r: once broadcasted live and direct from the streets of Los Angeles and I was surprised how bad some parts looked :unsure:

The topic of the hygiene in major cities is an issue everywhere but some places have succeeded more than others and my conclusion is that it all begins with education, especially teaching the kids how to take care of environment and adults, insisting with ads, campaigns and maybe more rewards than punishment (comes to my mind the recycle programs they have in Germany or Belgium).

---

You wanna see pictures of Argentina? :o

Wow. Ok. Really hard task since our country is laaaarge and wiiiide :P and we've got various different types of weather. Not only that, our extensive territory has it all: big cities, small ones, sea, lakes, mountains, beaches, forests, glaciers, falls, dessert.... So I think I could only show you a glimpse of it for you to get an idea. Let me find some photos....

These are the most important cities/places that are also considered a touristic spot for anyone who wants to explore the country:

Buenos Aires - The capital of Argentina

150_3749buenos_aires01.jpg

microcentro-diagonal-norte-v1816708-1280

Santa Fe city and Rosario - Santa Fe province

Ciudad%202012.jpg

0.u45vow26733ow29Imagen+009.jpg

Córdoba city - Mediterranean province

aerial-view-of-the-museo-superior-de-bel

Cordoba3.jpg

Mendoza city - to the West, close to Chile

558441.jpg

1994-full.jpg

Iguazú Falls - to the East, Misiones province

13499__1431435222.jpg?w=960&h=723&auto=f

Here comes our famous Patagonia, to the south. This is a city called San Martin de los Andes, in the Neuquén province:

16San-Martin-de-los-Andes---Neuquen-8.jp

Another popular touristic spot, the city of Bariloche, in the Río Negro province:

bariloche-2-26-1373968817.jpg

Glacier Perito Moreno - Santa Cruz province 

8691497262_498ff921bd_o.jpg

A major touristic attraction is when the glacier breaks...

0010421310.jpg

And last, but not least... Ushuaia, a.k.a. "end of the world", a small city at the tail of the country, in the province called Tierra Del Fuego:

Tolkeyen-Slider-Ushuaia.jpg

tren-invierno.jpg

I hope that kind of helped... :nervous:

I'm out of likes but Argentina is beautiful. The architecture, mountains, sea, glaciers. Wow it's pretty amazing and it's so clean. I think most people would be pretty disappointed in our country compared to that. I definitely want to visit.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

I'm 40 and I still have to shop in the juniors section....I can't wear misses

Haha me too but the juniors section is just too junior for me so I'm starting to find some stand alone stores that are working out a little better in terms of style. I'm in my forties.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, killuridols said:

You wanna see pictures of Argentina? :o

Wow. Ok. Really hard task since our country is laaaarge and wiiiide :P and we've got various different types of weather. Not only that, our extensive territory has it all: big cities, small ones, sea, lakes, mountains, beaches, forests, glaciers, falls, dessert.... So I think I could only show you a glimpse of it for you to get an idea. Let me find some photos....

These are the most important cities/places that are also considered a touristic spot for anyone who wants to explore the country:

I hope that kind of helped... :nervous:

That was marvelous!  Thank you!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ubukitty said:

Haha me too but the juniors section is just too junior for me so I'm starting to find some stand alone stores that are working out a little better in terms of style. I'm in my forties.

Yeah little boutique type stores have some good stuff and much better styles.

1 hour ago, Ubukitty said:

Xennial (late 70s/early 80s birth year) here - I hear you. It seems the women's choices in a lot of stores are either "12 year old pixie" or "middle-aged bake sale matron" with no in-between. I liked Wet Seal, but they went under. They were actually selling leggings that looked like those rose ones Axl had in the 90s last year, LOL.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, stella said:

Xennial (late 70s/early 80s birth year) here - I hear you. It seems the women's choices in a lot of stores are either "12 year old pixie" or "middle-aged bake sale matron" with no in-between. I liked Wet Seal, but they went under. They were actually selling leggings that looked like those rose ones Axl had in the 90s last year, LOL.

Out of likes but I totally get what you're saying. They need some new buyers in our stores.

2 hours ago, Ubukitty said:

I'm out of likes but Argentina is beautiful. The architecture, mountains, sea, glaciers. Wow it's pretty amazing and it's so clean. I think most people would be pretty disappointed in our country compared to that. I definitely want to visit.

Im very critical of everything so I think some places could do better... Or you can go straight to Mendoza and enjoy how they love cleaning every little corner :lol:

The south also appeals more to English speaking visitors... If I wasn't such a baby cat :rofl-lol: I would have moved there a long time ago. 

1 hour ago, triad said:

That was marvelous!  Thank you!

No problemo! :thumbsup:

8 hours ago, Ubukitty said:

I think most people would be pretty disappointed in our country compared to that.

I love California! It's beautiful in it's own right. It depends on the expectations a lot, that reminds me of what I was reading about Paris syndrome just the other day..poor tourists :lol: 

14 hours ago, Blackstar said:

This guy, who says he knew Axl (I had posted excerpts from his blog a while ago) has a story about those skinny jeans :lol:

https://danokildsig.wordpress.com/2015/04/03/pack-my-nose-lars/

I guess I didn't read this last time you posted it..haha! (but eww.) Also, I didn't know Axl had an all black condo! :o yikes. Well, his house is very different, bright and homey, so that is good.

14 minutes ago, Sekh-met said:

I love California! It's beautiful in it's own right. It depends on the expectations a lot, that reminds me of what I was reading about Paris syndrome just the other day..poor tourists :lol: 

What is Paris syndrome? Thinking it will look like a movie set, complete with the heady fragrance of romance in the air? :lol:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

I guess I didn't read this last time you posted it..haha! (but eww.) Also, I didn't know Axl had an all black condo! :o yikes. Well, his house is very different, bright and homey, so that is good.

What is Paris syndrome? Thinking it will look like a movie set, complete with the heady fragrance of romance in the air? :lol:

Didn't you see the MTV evict Axl thing when they were inside his condo? 

Maybe Paris syndrome is the bloody eye opener it is going there, it's a lot like London - a couple of pretty streets but mainly the place is a massive rubbish bin and a dive. 

Sorry to any French posters, but it is :shrugs:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Maybe Paris syndrome is the bloody eye opener it is going there, it's a lot like London - a couple of pretty streets but mainly the place is a massive rubbish bin and a dive. 

Sorry to any French posters, but it is :shrugs:

Interesting. It's all expectations, I guess. I am not French but visited Paris last November and was blown away by all that beauty, romantic streets and pompous houses. Where do people look? Of course there are filthy streets and arrondissements but it's a city not a movie, or Disney World. :shrugs: 

I'd love to visit Argentina one day, too. Those fotos were beautiful. It might sound tacky but I used to dance Tango Argentino for quite a while (it's a long time ago now) and always had this dream of visiting this country - and dance there, too - with the rest of the tourists, I suppose. :lol:

19 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Something like that yeah! :lol:
wiki:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_syndrome

apparently most common with the Japanese tourists. Now I have never been to Japan and have no idea how they present Paris over there but must be something like you have described if it results in such a cultural shock.

14 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I loved both London and Paris :smiley-confused2:
Now I am not saying the streets are clean and all is roses but I would say there is more than just a couple of pretty streets :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Interesting. It's all expectations, I guess. I am not French but visited Paris last November and was blown away by all that beauty, romantic streets and pompous houses. Where do people look? Of course there are filthy streets and arrondissements but it's a city not a movie, or Disney World. :shrugs: 

I'd love to visit Argentina one day, too. Those fotos were beautiful. It might sound tacky but I used to dance Tango Argentino for quite a while (it's a long time ago now) and always had this dream of visiting this country - and dance there, too - with the rest of the tourists, I suppose. :lol:

I don't know, it's just not what I thought it would be. I know it's a city, like London, but I just can't see what's so amazing. There is disney in Paris though :lol: I went there too. 

27 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Wait wait wait..... "tango argentino"?

Is there any other Tango that is not argentine? :wow:

Now this is really a shock!

17 minutes ago, Sekh-met said:

wiki:

That can't be serious :facepalm:

20 minutes ago, Sekh-met said:

wiki:

apparently most common with the Japanese tourists. Now I have never been to Japan and have no idea how they present Paris over there but must be something like you have described if it results in such a cultural shock.

I loved both London and Paris :smiley-confused2:
Now I am not saying the streets are clean and all is roses but I would say there is more than just a couple of pretty streets :)

Lol, I hate having to go to London so much. 

I had to go a few weeks ago for a concert, I have to go in May because my kids love it there and that's where they want to go on holiday, then I have to go back in June for GnR ?

I'm trying to get Metallica tickets for their UK tour and I so hope I don't end up back down in London again.

I am obviously not a city type of person at all, no matter how pretty the streets or architecture I still seem to not like being there. 

Saying that though, I was blown away when I went to New York. So much that I cried on the way home because I wanted to stay. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, killuridols said:

That can't be serious :facepalm:

I hope so! 

And there's also this :smiley-confused2:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerusalem_syndrome
although this one is less unexpected, or how to put it..

3 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Lol, I hate having to go to London so much. 

I had to go a few weeks ago for a concert, I have to go in May because my kids love it there and that's where they want to go on holiday, then I have to go back in June for GnR ?

I'm trying to get Metallica tickets for their UK tour and I so hope I don't end up back down in London again.

I am obviously not a city type of person at all, no matter how pretty the streets or architecture I still seem to not like being there. 

Saying that though, I was blown away when I went to New York. So much that I cried on the way home because I wanted to stay. 

Haha well if you are not a city person and also have to go there a lot I get you are less charmed by it :lol:
I know if I had to go there a lot I would likely start bitching about something..it is almost a given :D like the tube stopping for 20 minutes,  the amount of people everywhere, etc.

New York is amazing! :heart:

44 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Wait wait wait..... "tango argentino"?

Is there any other Tango that is not argentine? :wow:

Now this is really a shock!

Yep, there is. Something like ballroom dancing tango and that is different, but of course similar. I never learned the ballroom dancing thing. Everywhere I go (checked in England (London), Germany and France so far) they make this difference and when you wanna go to dance tango you better go to the tango argentino places. 

I love London, I studied there for a year. And I'm a city person. Never been to New York though, sadly.

Edited by Tori72

18 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

@MillionsOfSpiders I agree about London it is a very dirty city, I'm only 20 mins by train away but it's like a different world where I live. London is great at night, so many things to do and see, you can't see all the crap in the dark:P Great shopping though:thumbsup:

I agree London turns into something else at night, and I like Camden and I do like the shopping and going into Harrods to look at things I can't afford - ha! Every time I go to London though I wonder what the hell tourists get out of it? They swarm to Buckingham Palace but it's the shittest palace you will ever see!! :lol: and it's dropping to bits lol it's got scaffolding all over it and people think those leeching royals actually live there. 

Paris really reminds me of London the few times I've been. 

Apart from New York my favourite place I've been is Gran Canaria, that place was beautiful and it wasn't expensive either. I would rather go back there than Paris any day. 

1 hour ago, Tori72 said:

Yep, there is. Something like ballroom dancing tango and that is different, but of course similar. I never learned the ballroom dancing thing. Everywhere I go (checked in England (London), Germany and France so far) they make this difference and when you wanna go to dance tango you better go to the tango argentino places. 

Oh, but that doesn't make it less Argentinian.

It's still the same dance, tango, but it differs in the way it is danced. The "ballroom" type you mention is actually a category in a Tango competition. In Spanish it is called "tango de escenario", or stage tango, and it's characterized by a choreographic style. This is danced by professional tango dancers.

The other one is known as "tango de salon o de pista" and it is the one danced by regular people who are not professional dancers. It is the kind of style you'll find at "tanguerías", which are saloon kind of place where people gather to listen and dance to tango, added you can eat and drink.