GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

2 hours ago, beautifulanddamned said:

I think GnR is mostly just a piggy bank for them. Axl Slash and Duff can get their kicks elsewhere. 

I wonder if with AC/DC Axl has realized how much he boxed himself in  by taking absolute power over GnR. He fought for years to gain complete control over the band and when he got  it he buckled under the pressure. It must be a relief to sit back and let Angus have creative and monetary control of AC/DC. There are benefits to just showing up and having fun.

I'm not a huge AC/DC fan but I went to see Axl front them and had a great time, maybe because my expectations were so low, maybe because it was so obvious that Axl was having an absolute blast.

Side notes: They can`t have that impact, audience etc. as individual acts. If it was piggy bank, it`s really much enjoyed piggy bank; core Rolling Stones were so easy going and having fun with each other, but no other band I`ve seen had all core members so vividly interacting and occupying all the stage as GNR did, they incredibly click together (also with Richard). Show done for money looks completely different. 

Angus and AC/DC entourage may be after a long time people who are neither on Axl`s pay-roll or star struck individuals. It must be heartsome for Axl to befriend a person like Angus and being accepted as a person by someone equal or someone Axl looks up to. It`s disburden experience not to carry all the band on your shoulders (happened also with reunion). Maybe Axl never wanted to go solo, so he did that his way and had a bunch of hired musicians. (it captivated me on Janis Joplin`s story, she never wanted to go solo or be promoted as solo act).

AC/DC is in its principle fun and high voltage old school rock`n`roll (and Bon Scott`s playful), not an emotional roller-coaster as GNR setlist.

5 hours ago, Politania said:

Yes, very. Axl does what he wants and nobody can convince him to vchange his mind. Dizzy explained why the setlist is the way it is during NITL tour.because Axl is making the decision.😥

That`s enviable amount of freedom :awesomeface: and not-give-a-fuck-ness, yet, as far as Axl is front, he carries the burden of band decision in public. Who knows the guy behind wall of keyboards? (Axl even changed AC/DC setlist and way band used to make it)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GuitarFanfromNYC said:

it's a half hour after the start of the wedding... has CSI uncovered anything yet?

I put my phone to charge and now I have to put this one too because after all this cray 😂 I ran out of batteries.

But I'll be back soon :devilshades:

1 minute ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

I saw an Instastory of Nando Instagram, all of the men at the wedding....not a single redhead in sight

Axl doesn't like his picture being taken for social media, remember? He could be there but out of the way.

Susan and Duff were the only exceptions for that when the photo of them and Axl showed up on her IG.

2 minutes ago, Wheredowegomeow said:

I just saw the instagram page gnrtruth_2 are also posting loads of screen grabs from various peoples stories 

Yeah. I saw that too

2 minutes ago, purplestargirl said:

Axl doesn't like his picture being taken for social media, remember? He could be there but out of the way.

Susan and Duff were the only exceptions for that when the photo of them and Axl showed up on her IG.

When Axl changed this way? I thought he used to like posing?

2 minutes ago, Politania said:

Ha I know ur thoughts 😁 I think it is a woman. Too long hair for Mr Hide & not Seek

The photo quality is pretty crappy anyways so it does make it hard to tell.

Can we pretend Axl stayed behind in California and Slash is taking care of him? It's a party for two in which Meegan wasn't invited. :ph34r:

Edited by purplestargirl