GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

1 hour ago, Tori72 said:

The dresses look kinda good together, the colors match without matching too much, I like that. The cut of the dresses mostly suck though. Sorry. I can’t find any worst one

I like them pastels colors that most of them wore but to me the worst dresses are those with patterns of flowers because most of them are really ugly, like the patterns old ladies with no money wear :lol: and the other dresses that I hated are the long sleeve ones!!! :facepalm: 

Why wearing LONG SLEEVE TO THE BEACH?? :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

34 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

My observation - what a shit DJ they hired for the party afterwards. All those music industry and clubbing connections and they get someone to play elevator music ... I was expecting better. 

What music should they have played? :question:

I think it was fine..... It's a wedding party, lots of young people, they want to dance and they are mostly Latinamericans :shrugs:..... I don't know what should be played? I heard some Michael Jackson and 90s hits.

19 minutes ago, killuridols said:

What music should they have played? :question:

I think it was fine..... It's a wedding party, lots of young people, they want to dance and they are mostly Latinamericans :shrugs:..... I don't know what should be played? I heard some Michael Jackson and 90s hits.

Sounds like elevator music to me, the 90s dance fluff, there's way better pop and dance music songs around than the ones I heard....didn't hear Michael Jackson though, so probably just the ones I watched had the rubbish playing at that time. 

I totally agree with @Tori72 about the bridesmaids dresses. it's the cut of the dresses! yuck. the colors and flow are great. there is one yellow dress that I liked, that's it.

Nice, more photos of Duff and Sue @dgnr! I think Susan will post some photos after the wedding is over. Let's see...

@killuridols I am now curious what was Da Photo 2016!

Kat posted a photo of the wedding reception crowd on her IG story. Any sleuths spot our guys??? I wonder if Duff and Susan are sitting at the long table to the right. There's a guy with a hat that might be Duff and a tall woman with light hair next to him, may be Susan. If so, other GnR friends might be at that table. http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=zlvwi8&s=9

Edited by GuitarFanfromNYC

6 minutes ago, dgnr said:

The Mckagans :ph34r: Go @Tori72:popcorn:

26864901_349793168762697_215594624540160

26865842_468721843524627_413435447282027

Wow, Sherlock! Thanks :)

Well, let’s just say Sasha can keep her award. :D

Susan’s dress is nice enough for my liking. I think it’s a little too black for a wedding and her shoes too high to walk in the sand. I don’t think her outfit is stylish at all though. Duff looks like he really tried hard. lol. Whatever you’re going to say on his flip flops, I like those. I just hate mandals of all sorts. Like the other dude’s in the pic wearing, just for example.

Who’s best dressed?

1 minute ago, Tori72 said:

Wow, Sherlock! Thanks :)

Well, let’s just say Sasha can keep her award. :D

Susan’s dress is nice enough for my liking. I think it’s a little too black for a wedding and her shoes too high to walk in the sand. I don’t think her outfit is stylish at all though. Duff looks like he really tried hard. lol. Whatever you’re going to say on his flip flops, I like those. I just hate mandals of all sorts. Like the other dude’s in the pic wearing, just for example.

Who’s best dressed?

I dont  think Susan wore this dress for wedding. I think it was her beach outfit

3 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

just seen this available to pre-order on Amazon uk .... 

The Velvet Rose Hardcover – 13 Nov 2018by Susan McKagan (Author)

I remember reading somewhere about her writing a book and i thought it would be a novel, the title makes me wonder if it's about Duff?? 

It's a autobiography... Pretty cringy that she's tagging herself to his career when she had her own. I guess she knows what will sell more.

10 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

I remember reading somewhere about her writing a book and i thought it would be a novel, the title makes me wonder if it's about Duff?? 

Eeekk that title is a bit cringy isn't it! And £20 for a book :shock:

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders

9 minutes ago, Zoot said:

It's a autobiography... Pretty cringy that she's tagging herself to his career when she had her own. I guess she knows what will sell more.

So she's the "Velvet Rose" ?? 

5 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Eeekk that title is a bit cringy isn't it! And £20 for a book :shock:

I think it'll be quite a cringy read tbh

Just now, janrichmond said:

So she's the "Velvet Rose" ?? 

I guess so. I wonder how much she'll talk about gnr? I don't think Axl will like it if she does. He's never liked the wives talking about band stuff.

Doubt Susan would have all that much to say about Axl would she?  She wouldn't have had much to do with him until NITL, aside from those occasions when Duff guested for NuGuns and the brief tour?  He'd be more worried if Meegan wrote an autobiography.  I bet she's seen some things...

Anyone take a guess as to why Slash wasn't at the wedding?

Edit: I forgot Duff was still with Guns when he met Susan, but still...would she have seen much of Axl?  Duff was flat out seeing much of Axl in those days! :lol:

Edited by MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Doubt Susan would have all that much to say about Axl would she?  She wouldn't have had much to do with him until NITL, aside from those occasions when Duff guested for NuGuns and the brief tour?  He'd be more worried if Meegan wrote an autobiography.  I bet she's seen some things...

Anyone take a guess as to why Slash wasn't at the wedding?

Edit: I forgot Duff was still with Guns when he met Susan, but still...would she have seen much of Axl?  Duff was flat out seeing much of Axl in those days! :lol:

I read in Forum that Cash had surgery in his knee.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

TBH, I'll probably read it... then follow it up with annoyance at giving them my money since they have plenty.

I watched all of Married to Rock so the book should be easy to get through by comparison. :book: Anything Duff related I'll probably check out. I'm a sucker. 

5 minutes ago, Ratam said:

I read in Forum that Cash had surgery in his knee.

Yes, I saw on Perla's or London's IG story. Not sure what happened.

6 minutes ago, GuitarFanfromNYC said:

TBH, I'll probably read it... then follow it up with annoyance at giving them my money since they have plenty.

I watched all of Married to Rock so the book should be easy to get through by comparison. :book: Anything Duff related I'll probably check out. I'm a sucker. 

Yes, I saw on Perla's or London's IG story. Not sure what happened.

Yes is great motive to Slash stay in LA

1 hour ago, janrichmond said:

Description says it's a coming-of-age story. From what I have seen of her writings from HuffPost, the words don't flow.  The title also sounds like a erotic romance novel and Susan should of been more creative when coming up with it instead of ripping off Duff's fame, i.e. Guns N' Roses, Velvet Revolver. I'll still check it out though because I love to read and have a soft spot for coming-of-age stories. I just hope the book is better than her articles.

The only things that bother me about Susan is that it seems like she is trying to become relevant again through her husband and dumbs down her obvious intelligence by acting airheaded because I have watched early 90's interviews with her to where she sounds very level-headed and can hold a conversation without coming off as ignorant. More recent interviews she's done I can't even get through without wondering what the hell happen to the well-spoken Susan of the 90's. I know Su was succesful before Duff and I think she can be successful without him once more. Duff's fame is not necessary for that. 

• Like 3