GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

4 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Just checked and I don't see any similarities (other than money being most likely what made it happen). The Spice Girls reunion is clearly superior since it's a full reunion with all five members and no Frank Ferrer in sight :ph34r:

On a different note, @Andy14 killed it -as always- with the gifs and the social media for the ginger and the businessman's birthdays! :headbang:

Ps: My bad, there's a huge coincidence between both reunions actually: World Tour but NO NEW MUSIC :P

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/music/916116/The-Spice-Girls-reunion-2018-world-tour-new-music-Emma-Bunton-Victoria-Beckham

Also: Victoria Beckham only rejoined on the promise that she didn't have to sing  :question:

And same Beckham says she wanted to reunited because of #metoo and Time's Up :wow: So nothing to do with GNR, it's all about empowering women :P

I didn't remember them reuniting in 2007, but they also reunited for the Olympic Games in London in 2012. They seem to reunite on a regular basis.

• Haha 2

Apparently Ginger and Posh are already falling out about who is in charge of everything! 

2 hours ago, Politania said:

Changing topic:

http://gnrcentral.com/2018/02/08/axl-is-the-most-popular-baby-name-of-2018-for-boys/

I would name my baby boy either Axl, but in my country you can only register that name written as Aksel or Axel... :P

It's from Daily Star UK. I guess a lot of couples went to see GnR in London for the weekend and were "inspired" by that...

No wonder they were voted best concerts in the UK :lol:

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Politania said:

Changing topic:

http://gnrcentral.com/2018/02/08/axl-is-the-most-popular-baby-name-of-2018-for-boys/

I would name my baby boy either Axl, but in my country you can only register that name written as Aksel or Axel... :P

Seriously, I HATE people naming their babies Axl :facepalm:...............Especially some babies who look nothing like an Axl :rolleyes:

Why parents have to be so shitty when naming their kids? Really..... I think naming a child is one of the most selfish things parents do and some (too many) ruin the lives of their children forever.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Seriously, I HATE people naming their babies Axl :facepalm:...............Especially some babies who look nothing like an Axl :rolleyes:

Why parents have to be so shitty when naming their kids? Really..... I think naming a child is one of the most selfish things parents do and some (too many) ruin the lives of their children forever.

To me Axl is a very unattractive name. He was an attractive man in his younger days for sure and I always felt he wanted a very „edgy“ and unpleasant name for himself, something that doesn’t sound nice or comfy or .... you know? I’d never choose that for my kid. Also I’d never choose a name of a famour person for my kid. But well, matter of taste.

Would you pronounce „Axel“ in english differently than „Axl“, by the way?

3 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Ewwww.....such cringe.....Slash like it....

But the question of the millenium, the ginger one was or not at the wedding?

Oh come on, that’s a sweet thing to say.

I know of a few people who called their son Axl. I don't really mind, because Axel is an actual name here, and you pronounce them the same. I understand it's not a name that is used in the English speaking parts of the world, but Axel isn't uncommon here, so Axl is just a different spelling. I don't mind it. I feel different about Izzy, because that doesn't sound like an existing name, while Axl does.

These are twins from Belgium, they're called... Slash and Izzy:smiley-confused2:

763?appId=2dc96dd3f167e919913d808324cbfe

They like their names, so that's cool. But I'm glad my parents didn't call me Madonna :lol:

• Haha 2

On 2/7/2018 at 9:02 PM, purplestargirl said:

Does the carpet match the drapes though?

That's been confirmed with the infamous ass-less chaps photos.  :facepalm: :lol:

9 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Would you pronounce „Axel“ in english differently than „Axl“, by the way?

Oh come on, that’s a sweet thing to say.

I'd pronounce them the same.  Also, I agree, the sentiment was sweet.  

And @Politania, really, your country has a pre-approved list of names?  

16 minutes ago, triad said:

That's been confirmed with the infamous ass-less chaps photos.  :facepalm: :lol:

I'd pronounce them the same.  Also, I agree, the sentiment was sweet.  

And @Politania, really, your country has a pre-approved list of names?  

This is complicated. a lot depends on the office's employee. There is a list of names, even foreign ones, which you can choose, but sometimes some girls are named Jessica and another Dżesika ( spelling, but it is the same name )
  in the case of Axl. If one parent is a foreigner then the child may be named Axl. but in the second case, Aksel or Axel. The pronunciation is the same as AXL.
  I do not know if it is clarified 
:lol:

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

I thought it was a nice thing to say :shrugs: You have no heart, girl :P 

3 minutes ago, Politania said:

This is complicated. a lot depends on the office's employee. There is a list of names, even foreign ones, which you can choose, but sometimes some girls are named Jessica and another Dżesika ( spelling, but it is the same name )
  in the case of Axl. If one parent is a foreigner then the child may be named Axl. but in the second case, Aksel or Axel. The pronunciation is the same as AXL.
  I do not know if it is clarified 
:lol:

Yeah, it's like that in Portugal too. If one of the parents is foreign you can call the kid whatever you want, if both parents are portuguese you have a pre-approved list of names. There is this tacky singer/actress in Portugal that everyone makes fun of because she named her first kid Lyoncé, cause the father of the kid had dual citizenship :facepalm: Recently she had twins with another man and she wanted to name them Lamour and Lavie, but as both parents were portuguese she couldn't do it due to the pre-approved list of names. So thank god for the pre-approved list of names :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

one guy in the comment section said he was and he got this info from one of the quest's twitter. not sure it it's true.

1 minute ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

His hair is ginger, his beard is ginger, his eye lashes are ginger, his eyebrows (when he has them) are ginger and his arm hairs are ginger.....I think it is safe to assume :lol:

There is enough photo evidence that you don`t need to assume from incomplete data.

• Haha 1