GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

20 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Ah, thank you :) I kind of recognized Amy, but not Erin :facepalm: I'm not very good at this, lol. He looked weird to me in this pic, maybe it's his position..

Yeah. I think it's the oversized blazer and maybe that he was not ready for the pic. Looks like it was taken by "surprise".

22 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Baz had mentioned the dinners in Axl's house and a long table, but the place in the pic doesn't look like his house, I think (and Baz was talking about the mid 00s) :unsure: It looks more like a hall or something, or even like a church :unsure: Also the whole scenery doesn't look like a gathering in Axl's house; the people at the table, judging from their clothes and their appearance in general, look like average folks and I see that they are drinking from white plastic cups. 

About the time frame, Axl started gaining weight no earlier than late 1994-1995, but in the pics from that period his hair are different (although in almost all of them he has a bandana) and he doesn't look so bloated :unsure: It really looks like he has something under the turquoise shirt in this pic, but it's so blurry so... :shrugs:

A church? looooool 

Thats the hardest one to guess... I don't recognize any of those faces. Third guy from the right looks like Stuart but only because that tshirt is similar to another one he was wearing in a pic with Axl from the VMA's.

There's a lady between Axl and "Stuart"... Who is that?

I agree his hair was different after 1994... I'd say even 1993 hair lost its natural shine, got dried, started falling and then I don't know what happened.

Turquoise is a color he hardly ever wears... I remember there's another picture of him wearing a turquoise tshirt, if anyone can retrieve it, that'd be nice, maybe we can figure out something from it.

32 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Speaking of Stuart, I don't remember this being posted here before (and I searched the old thread to be sure - I don't know though if it was posted elsewhere in the forum at the time). I came across a message he had left on an obituary page for their grandmother:

Anna Litner was my grandmother. She was a kind and decent woman. I don't know if anyone every considered her to be tough but she was, in her own way. She looked out for the children. Those words in themselves are the most fitting tribute that I know of. Her house was Christmas, Noodles, and a feeling of security. I will always miss you and see you in the photos of my heart..

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/name/anna-lintner-obituary?pid=1000000154207145&view=guestbook

I think the bold parts say something about the situation in their parents' house...

No, this was never posted in the old Women's Thread! :o

Thank you! I had not seen it and didn't know the Grandma passed away in 2011... Wow... That's around the time of the RIR disaster show...and other shows in Latinamerica. He was on tour that month and year!

I wonder if knowing his grandma was sick or about to die had any influence in his performances of the time :unsure:

Stuart words are beautiful... They certainly say something about the family situation. It seems she was a lovely lady with a big mother heart. By reading the other messages left in the obituary it seems that not only her grandchildren enjoyed her company, other kids seem to love her as well.

There's one message that called my attention though...

Anna Lintner raised two of the most beautiful and talented children, Jerry and Sharon. Sharon was one of my best friends in school. I always loved going to her home.

I wonder why she says "talented"..... 

I want to know more about her. Going by Axl's words I always had a bad impression of his mom... The way he talks about her in lyrics... It's very off putting :unsure: and I can't believe someone can be such a bad mother.

Maybe is a flaw in me that I empathize with women's issues much more than men's so I've been looking for more information on her because I wanna hear her side, I want to understand her reasons and I want to understand her. Too bad she's gone from this world... Findings like this are highly valuable to me.

Thank you Blackstar!!! :hug:

• Like 2

i'm passing to say him, i had a stressful period and when i passed i couldn't muster the energy to partecipate, i hope to be more active

About the torquoise shirt, i think it's just the pic being super blurry but well, i'll be paranoid too. The pics are so blurry because they are pictures of pictures, on one hand, it's better this way.

• Like 2

Well, I can absolutely see why he would wear a bulletproof vest. Maybe not at the dinner table, that's a bit extreme, but then I am looking at it as someone from a country where owning firearms isn't an every day part of life. 

I should imagine it's extremely frightening to be on the receiving end of what Izzy describes (I love his way of describing it :lol:) we know Izzy set himself up with a few guns to protect himself with, and Slash also owned guns. 

Also "Axl really brings out the fuckin' crazies, man" :awesomeface:

@giuls I missed you :hug:

6 hours ago, Blackstar said:

But let's talk more about success, about your success.
Well, it's frightening, that's what it is. I mean, a week ago I flew with Axl from New York to Lafayette, Indiana, with one lay-over flight and by the time we hit Lafayette there were people just milling around the fuckin' airport. Mainly for him. Axl really brings out the fuckin' crazies, man. They relate to him particularly in this very weird, intense way. But that's the same with all of us, y'know. It's like a sickness. 'Cos they don't want to shake your hand or get your autograph. They want to scream in your face or mess with your head, sneak around your house, sneak into your hotel room and fuck with your head. It puts you right on edge, man, all the fuckin' time. Because a lot of these kids carry guns, right. And you never know what the fuck they're up to.

http://www.oocities.org/rattlesnake_suitcase/face90.htm

So I think that it's possible that Axl wore a bulletproof vest.

---

@giuls, glad to see you here again :)

Considering all the celebrities that have been stalked or murdered by fans (John Lennon, Rebecca Schaeffer, Dimebag Darrell, Selena, on and on...Christina Grimmie just last year...) and how many celebrities do get threats, unfortunately it is not an irrational fear. Not then, and not now. :( There have been articles about how even child actors get death threats. And Axl had a stalking case during the NuGNR era that was so serious that the stalker apparently broke into his house and ended up going to jail.
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/story?id=112363

In 1989 fame would have been pretty new to Axl and it's understandable that he might have felt especially scared about it. I think that is about the time he hired his bodyguard too, isn't it? 88 or 89?

And I think that is also a major reason why many celebs are very cautious about protecting their privacy and not letting everyone see where they go, who their friends are and who their kids and spouses are. They never know who is unstable enough to try to harm them. With Rebecca Schaeffer and John Lennon, both of those were cases where a fan showed up at their homes, got an autograph and seemed fairly normal...and then later came back and killed them.

Edited by stella
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Frey said:

I actually couldn't figure this out? Which one do you think is Axl's mom? The one on the left or the one on the right? Because the one on the left looks more like the yearbook pic of Axl's mom, but the one on the right looks like the woman holding all three kids in the other picture.

Yes, I think she's definitely the one on the left.... wearing light colored clothes and holding who I assume is Axl...

IMG_2394.jpg

The other woman to me looks a lot like this one here:

IMG_2406.jpg

Same haircut, same smile.... I assume this could be Anna Lintner, because from the obituary @Blackstar posted before, it seems Sharon didn't have a sister but just a brother named Jerry.

I also assume the grandma may have been a young woman herself. Going by the dates, she became a grandmother at age 47 and assuming Axl could be 6 or 7 years old in this picture, then she is 53 or 54 years old here.

If this is not her, then I am left with a few options... maybe some aunt on the stepdad's side, some other relative or a friend of the family.

5 hours ago, Frey said:

I agree about the bolded (though that is really reaching with these pictures :lol:), but I don't think that's the step father because the mean looking guy doesn't just look mean, but also old. Too old to be the step father. I mean look at Axl in that picture- he's still absolutely tiny. Though Amy and Stuart (?) are already there as well, so I'm guessing Axl might be around 7 here? Or a really small 8 year old? (I'm shit at judging kids' ages). So if Axl is about 7 or 8 in that picture then his step father would have been 21 or 22 at the time. And the guy in the picture really doesn't look like a 21 year old.

Maybe it's Mr. Lintner? The mysterious grandpa @Lumikki wondered about? I also think the woman in the back in white is Axl's grandma. Plus 2 other women. Soooo.... I'm going to say this is a picture of Axl and his siblings at their grandparents' house for Christmas, especially in light of the Stuart quote @Blackstar posted. Seems like they spent Christmas at grandma's house a lot.

He doesn't look old to me at all... I could say that's a guy under 30's for sure... something like 26 or 27 years old.

Remember people from the past used to look a lot older than they do now. Because they started living life and having responsabilities at an early time, they aged faster. In 1900 the life expectancy was around 40 years old.

IMG_2396.jpg

Yes, Axl looks like 6 or 7 and he was always very small. Looked younger than he actually was...

The other option is that this guy could be Jerry, the uncle, the other child of Anna Lintner.

It also calls my attention the position he holds in the picture. He's like sitting in a throne :lol:

It is very telling how he's surrounded by the women and the children at his feet. He certainly holds some kind of authority in the family, so he's either the stepdad or Axl's uncle.

The woman in the background one of them has to be Axl's mom and Axl's grandma... I just don't know which one... too dark.

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I'd like to know more about her too and yes, it would be interesting to hear her side, but it's highly unlikely that, especially now, anyone involved would talk...

One day truth will come out ;)

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

It's noteworthy that there's no mention of her husband, Axl's grandfather, in the obituary, even though all the other close relatives (the living ones and also Axl's mother) are mentioned. I think it adds to @Lumikki's hypothesis making it very plausible. Who knows, maybe grandpa Lintner left his family very early, hence grandma's hatred towards men (along with her daughter being involved with a creep).

Yes, this is something noteworthy..... Maybe he passed away early or he left the home.

It is not rare the grandma and maybe her daughter would talk shit about men. The sixties were a time of change, the liberation of women had started, some women (very few tbh) started to get jobs and get out of the house. Doesn't seem to be the case of these two women but they may have been watching the news or reading magazines.

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Well, I can absolutely see why he would wear a bulletproof vest. Maybe not at the dinner table, that's a bit extreme, but then I am looking at it as someone from a country where owning firearms isn't an every day part of life. 

I should imagine it's extremely frightening to be on the receiving end of what Izzy describes (I love his way of describing it :lol:) we know Izzy set himself up with a few guns to protect himself with, and Slash also owned guns. 

Also "Axl really brings out the fuckin' crazies, man" :awesomeface:

loooooooool

Yeah, the paranoia of some Americans is laughable to me as well but I relate to what you say about your country.

If it is because of the OIAM thing, then his fears were well founded, mostly because he knew what he had done and the consequences of it.

Edited by killuridols
  • Like 1

On Friday, March 24, 2017 at 3:39 PM, killuridols said:

Tbh, I know nothing about Freddy Mercury beyond his extraordinary songs, voice, performance and all that he entails to music, so I really cannot correct you or argue what you say about him and who he was as a person.

In my opinion, the thing with introverts is that they have traits that are oftenly mistaken or confused with other things like shyness, depression, asocial behavior, etc.

Like I said before, personality is only one dimension of the whole. The way someone behaves it is not determined just by personality. Age, mood, mental diseases, other diseases, education level, environment, social class... It's a big pool of variables that can influence the way someone is or how they act or react to stimuli.

Of course, no one changes radically from one day to another. There's always a continuum of behavior and traits that follow you from the day you are born to your death.

This characteristic of a need or urge to be alone that is associated with introverts, I think sometimes is oversimplified and presented as the only thing that stands out from an introvert. It also makes it look like extroverts are people who cannot be ever alone or like they don't need some space. They do, we all do, the difference is that time alone for introverts is probably needed in a bigger percent than for non-introverts.

As for Axl case, IMO, he's not the best example we could use to describe the introvert type, if it really was the case that he is one. I believe that all these things that are said about him like being a recluse or private person are not related to introversion per se but to his status as a celebrity first and as someone who is dealing with a mental disease or disorder of some degree.

I don't think life stops when you get a house, wife, children, car and all those things society pressures you for. Once you get it all you retire? 

Nah, older people nowadays continue to be active and projecting their lives until their health system says enough. At least, this is what I perceive from the world around me and you have all the other GNR guys as example of not quitting life at 50.

Axl could have done a lot of stuff in his field... Become solo artist, release albums, singles, write a book, get out and jam with other musicians. There are artists much more famous than him who are still productive and out there, not much worried about who the hell sees them in the street or not. If Axl thinks he's gonna receive Justin Bieber treatment as soon as he shows his face to the world, then he's completely delusional, still living in 1992 :shrugs:

This is why I think he's not well and this unwellness has nothing to do with introversion or other theories that try to explain his behavior.

However this is just my opinion and I am no authority in anything so, what gives...

There is special kind pf exhibitoonistic introberts. Rare type, indeed. Some of Axls traits and coping mechanisms you viciously discuss there I know on my own skin, can add my two cents on this fast train as soon as I'll be back from holidays.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Alja said:

There is special kind pf exhibitoonistic introberts. Rare type, indeed. Some of Axls traits and coping mechanisms you viciously discuss there I know on my own skin, can add my two cents on this fast train as soon as I'll be back from holidays.

lol.

No.

You are free to discuss the topic all you want but please don't quote me because I've made up my mind about it and I don't agree that he's an introvert.

15 minutes ago, killuridols said:

lol.

No.

You are free to discuss the topic all you want but please don't quote me because I've made up my mind about it and I don't agree that he's an introvert.

If you don't want to be quoted and discussed, make your owm forum "how did killuridols made up her mind about Axl" or so and  don't forget to lock it. Othervise welcome to jungle.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Alja said:

If you don't want to be quoted and discussed, make your owm forum "how did killuridols made up her mind about Axl" or so and  don't forget to lock it. Othervise welcome to jungle.

:lol:

I kinda have my own places outside this one.

A lot of other people talked about the introvert thing too so I'm not the only one here you can pick to hold a discussion, so I'm just letting you know that I don't want to talk about that topic anymore because what I think will not change and to me, the topic worn out, so that's it.

No harm intended.

Peace out, yo :headbang:

6 minutes ago, killuridols said:

:lol:

I kinda have my own places outside this one.

A lot of other people talked about the introvert thing too so I'm not the only one here you can pick to hold a discussion, so I'm just letting you know that I don't want to talk about that topic anymore because what I think will not change and to me, the topic worn out, so that's it.

No harm intended.

Peace out, yo :headbang:

I hadn't been here longer and this wad good one to hook on; it's a dynamic forum with this system of qoting so... Also  nothing personal

Just now, Alja said:

I hadn't been here longer and this wad good one to hook on; it's a dynamic forum with this system of qoting so... Also  nothing personal

go ahead :)

You can re-open the topic and I'm sure some other people may have stuff to add to it or will hook along with you.

• Like 1

I'm loving the posts about Axl's family :dance:

I don't have a lot to add, only that the "uncomfortable" look Axl has in the pics reminds me of the look he also has in the pics of Marc Canter's wedding, which was also in '89/'90 I think? So maybe the uncomfort was not necessarily caused solely by being with his family, but maybe he was having a rough time in general?

I also remember him say in an interview that 28 was the worst year for him, so that would also be around that time I reckon.

12 hours ago, killuridols said:

If we don't catch them in the moment, after so many years, the source gets lost and most of these pics circulate on TumblR and Instagram and you know what a mess those places are.

The picture from Londont surfaced just like that... And then I found other pics of the freak show taken same day, same place but no Axl. So yeah, I assume one of those people leaked it.

No, I don't think he has a problem with the pictures showing his full body. In my opinion it has more to do with location. When you show just a small part like the arm or the hands, there's not much background in the picture. But a full body shot or a picture with a group of people will provide much more information because there's more room for elements in the background.

This proves that saying social media pictures or any other picture is just a snapshot of the moment is totally wrong. Photos are evidence and you can get a lot of of information from this type of evidence. It takes a trained eye to read the elements in the picture but you can figure out a good portion. If combined with other information and other pictures, you can definitely create a profile or possible scenario.

Yeah, Susan and Meegan are always around with their camera. Meegan got a new professional camera recently and she was learning how to use it. She makes videos too. I'm sure they both must have pictures of Axl or Axl in the picture, lol, but still... This is all in the context of a tour where they are forced to be around each other because they all travel together and at least share the plane. Now in hotels, I have no idea if they cross paths.... At least in Argentina, this didn't happen so I think during those days, he must have seen Duff and Slash only onstage.

I agree with everything but I´m not sure about the bolded, because when Beta posts the "arm-shot" pics, can't you see the location in her instagram? :shrugs:

11 minutes ago, solstar said:

:dance:

I don't have a lot to add, only that the "uncomfortable" look Axl has in the pics reminds me of the look he also has in the pics of Marc Canter's wedding, which was also in '89/'90 I think? So maybe the uncomfort was not necessarily caused solely by being with his family, but maybe he was having a rough time in general?

I also remember him say in an interview that 28 was the worst year for him, so that would also be around that time I reckon.

Yeah, those were tumultuous times. Lots of things going on both in his personal life as his career.

I don't necessarily see the same tension or tension at all in the Marc's wedding pics you mention. In those, he looks more like aloof, like "not there", ghost person.

(at least for me)

18 minutes ago, solstar said:

I agree with everything but I´m not sure about the bolded, because when Beta posts the "arm-shot" pics, can't you see the location in her instagram? :shrugs:

I think she posts them after they are gone ;)

But aside from that, what I mean is that he doesn't want people to read too much about the places he hangs out or when he is out, not necessarily just because they will go find him but because he just don't wanna share it.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Yeah, those were tumultuous times. Lots of things going on both in his personal life as his career.

I don't necessarily see the same tension or tension at all in the Marc's wedding pics you mention. In those, he looks more like aloof, like "not there", ghost person.

(at least for me)

Axl's our own little Mona Lisa :lol:

To me he looks similar in both. Granted, the family pics are blurry but for instance in this one he looks rather aloof/sad as well...he's not even looking at the camera, and funnily enough neither is Amy or the guy next to him, as if they are noticing something's wrong with him. :shrugs:

tumblr_ogs8oySOyw1vkt6tqo1_500.jpg

29 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I think she posts them after they are gone ;)

But aside from that, what I mean is that he doesn't want people to read too much about the places he hangs out or when he is out, not necessarily just because they will go find him but because he just don't wanna share it.

It is a possibility, so you think that she posts them without his permission then? :o

Edited by solstar
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Alja said:

Hmmm, it's very difficult to determine whether a person is indeed an introvert or extrovert without actually knowing them well. In Axl's case though, he doesn't strike me as someone who is an introvert. There are lots of accounts by people who have met him which describe how he is very talkative and commands a room of all the attention. I'm not saying he definitely isn't, he could just be on some days introvert and on some days extrovert, a lot of people are like that I think, I know I am :) 

The other thing is a lot of people who have known him very well use these same words to describe him - insecure, paranoid, immature. Those three words to describe Axl pop up time and again when people are asked about him. There are many many examples of people saying those those things about him, never ever seen anyone but himself say he seems introverted. 

Maybe with those things and depression in the mix are the reasons for his extreme reclusiveness. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Hmmm, it's very difficult to determine whether a person is indeed an introvert or extrovert without actually knowing them well. In Axl's case though, he doesn't strike me as someone who is an introvert. There are lots of accounts by people who have met him which describe how he is very talkative and commands a room of all the attention. I'm not saying he definitely isn't, he could just be on some days introvert and on some days extrovert, a lot of people are like that I think, I know I am :) 

The other thing is a lot of people who have known him very well use these same words to describe him - insecure, paranoid, immature. Those three words to describe Axl pop up time and again when people are asked about him. There are many many examples of people saying those those things about him, never ever seen anyone but himself say he seems introverted. 

Maybe with those things and depression in the mix are the reasons for his extreme reclusiveness. 

The bolded 100% :thumbsup:

Real introverts are nothing like Axl. One outstanding trait of introvert is their method of action: quiet, slow, think before talking or doing. Observants, not the center of attention. Not prone to impulsiveness. Not loud like he is. Introvert would have never unleashed a St. Louis. Introvert thinks of consequences, fears consequences. Go from considering to doing and back to considering, all the time.

There are also accounts of fans who met him in an after party and out of nowhere he started telling them lots of stories or his worries with the band and what is said about him. Introvert doesn't trust strangers.

Plus all the parties he's thrown and organized, not invited, clubs in NY closed only for him and his celebrity friends... Accounts of the parties being wild and luxurious. Not an introvert!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, solstar said:

Axl's our own little Mona Lisa :lol:

To me he looks similar in both. Granted, the family pics are blurry but for instance in this one he looks rather aloof/sad as well...he's not even looking at the camera, and funnily enough neither is Amy or the guy next to him, as if they are noticing something's wrong with him. :shrugs:

tumblr_ogs8oySOyw1vkt6tqo1_500.jpg

Hard to tell the expression of his face with how blurry the photo is, that's why I focused mainly in his body language, but you are right in observing that Amy and the other guy seem to be checking out what is going with him. Maybe he was making a comment or complaining about something. The guy to his right seems to be talking to him.

8 hours ago, solstar said:

It is a possibility, so you think that she posts them without his permission then? :o

Haha, I don't know!

Maybe she doesn't. She's the boss :P

• Like 1

2 hours ago, killuridols said:

The bolded 100% :thumbsup:

Real introverts are nothing like Axl. One outstanding trait of introvert is their method of action: quiet, slow, think before talking or doing. Observants, not the center of attention. Not prone to impulsiveness. Not loud like he is. Introvert would have never unleashed a St. Louis. Introvert thinks of consequences, fears consequences. Go from considering to doing and back to considering, all the time.

There are also accounts of fans who met him in an after party and out of nowhere he started telling them lots of stories or his worries with the band and what is said about him. Introvert doesn't trust strangers.

Plus all the parties he's thrown and organized, not invited, clubs in NY closed only for him and his celebrity friends... Accounts of the parties being wild and luxurious. Not an introvert!

He always has to have an entourage too, sometimes just Beta and a couple of others but a lot of the time there's lots of hangers on following him around. Like in London when he tried to walk down the street, he had a stupidly large entourage then and it's been reported so many times how he's always got a lot of people with him. 

I think all those people all the time would do an introverts head in, to be honest. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

He always has to have an entourage too, sometimes just Beta and a couple of others but a lot of the time there's lots of hangers on following him around. Like in London when he tried to walk down the street, he had a stupidly large entourage then and it's been reported so many times how he's always got a lot of people with him. 

I think all those people all the time would do an introverts head in, to be honest. 

Hmmmm....I would consider myself to be introverted, but at the same time I still need to have people around me. Granted I can't stand a lot of centralized noise, but I still need a great deal of personal space. Being in the military sometimes does not afford such privacy so I tolerate it. However I can see your point about introverts being around large crowds of people.