GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

10 minutes ago, Padme said:

I'm not talking about this thread, just in general. For some people it's great to bash Adler, Izzy, Sorum. But they wanna kill you if you say something negative about Axl, Melissa or TB? That's a double standard

Well, for some it's great to bash Axl, too. Of course, it's easier to justify doing it to him because people feel he deserves it most, but it does happen when it's not really necessary as well, imo. 

Melissa has nutswingers? Really? 

• Like 2

@Padme all these years axl was the @@@@hole for press for fans for everyone.. iam tired of reading that he is the only guy who made mistakes... What about the others?? 

14 minutes ago, killuridols said:

LOL the last sentence is ace! :rofl-lol: that's why I'm killuridols too, lol.

The Izzy girls.... I don't see a defense of Izzy that is blind and unreasonable so I hardly think of his fans as Izzy nutsswingers or zealots.... Maybe because Izzy is a mistery too and there's not much known about him, even when he was in the band, he was a guy straight to the point, never got involved in huge fights, or at least not publicly.

For izzy the band was over when he got sober...

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Padme said:

I'm not talking about this thread, just in general. For some people it's great to bash Adler, Izzy, Sorum. But they wanna kill you if you say something negative about Axl, Melissa or TB? That's a double standard

:lol: I get the feeling it's okay to bash Axl at all times. While if you say anything bad about Steven or Izzy or..., you're a hater. I guess it depends on your point of view. Let's agree everyone is entitled to bash everyone, as long as it's someone involved in GNR :P

4 minutes ago, alfierose said:

Nutswingers isn't a banned word but it is usually seen as antagonistic so bear that in mind when posting.

Once in a while this thread needs a bucket of cold water to wake up from its SIESTA. Some complain about me but the day I'm gone they're gonna miss me mucho :max:

:P

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, cindy1985 said:

@Padme all these years axl was the @@@@hole for press for fans for everyone.. iam tired of reading that he is the only guy who made mistakes... What about the others?? 

If you think the others are to blame too then point it out instead of complaining about the people who bash Axl. :shrugs:

------

It would be so easy to remove the focus from Axl and put it on Slash or Duff, but for some reason people are lazy to do it or too happy with their Slash and Duff. 

While Axl does get a ton of criticism, the bashing of Steven and Izzy but especially Steven is for the lamest reasons, like his disease and his addiction. It is always a knock under the belt and this is why I think it is unfair in that sense.

This discussion is a little bit of a kindergarden, not saying I don’t like it tho.

- You’re bashing Axl, that’s mean!

- No, I’m not. You’re an Axl nutswinger

- We don’t wanna say Axl nutswinger here!

- All those Izzy girls are nutswingers, too, but nobody calls them that. Unfair!

- We don’t wanna say nutswingers at all, mate!

- And all those „Slash is God“ swingers! They’re nuts!! (I only said nuts!!!!!!)

- Right! 

- Yeah right?

- It all started out with Steven calling Axl and Asshole. You don’t say that word! Asshole’s a bad word, too. Axl would never use – *cough*

- Yeah, Steven is just too childish to be taken seriously, leave him alone!

- Right, we’re not childish.

- Only the Axl- um -lites are!

:headbang::awesomeface:

tenor.gif?itemid=10393277

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

If you think the others are to blame too then point it out instead of complaining about the people who bash Axl. :shrugs:

------

It would be so easy to remove the focus from Axl and put it on Slash or Duff, but for some reason people are lazy to do it or too happy with their Slash and Duff. 

While Axl does get a ton of criticism, the bashing of Steven and Izzy but especially Steven is for the lamest reasons, like his disease and his addiction. It is always a knock under the belt and this is why I think it is unfair in that sense.

Which focus do you mean??i never read something wrong about the others... All these years people accused axl... Its really entertaining hearing slash talking about adlers problems with drugs when  we know that slash did the same thing.. How he bahaved to his schoolmate adler?and what about to matt sorum?? Come on now... We know that axl is not the easiest guy...but we cannot accuse him for everything..As for izzy he is very smart guy... 

7 minutes ago, Lio said:

:lol: I get the feeling it's okay to bash Axl at all times. While if you say anything bad about Steven or Izzy or..., you're a hater. I guess it depends on your point of view. Let's agree everyone is entitled to bash everyone, as long as it's someone involved in GNR :P

You still don't get it. I didn't call anyone a hater. Nor I'm talking about bashing Axl or Adler. I'm talking about a double standard. If Izzy, Adler or Ashba say something negative about Axl. I will react to it according to what they say. If t it's the truth. Well it is the truth. Now there are people who wouldn't care about the truth. And just bash them because they say something negative about Axl. The same if Axl says something negative about Adler or Izzy. But one of the problems with Axl is that he never says anything. I can't give him the benefit of the doubt if I don't hear his side of the story.

I do think Izzy, Slash, Steven and Ned-How to not be a Man-Flanders are getting their fair share of bashing, too. Especially in this and in the Wacky Thread also we discussed how many single factors, people and actions led to the end of this band.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Padme said:

You still don't get it. I didn't call anyone a hater. Nor I'm talking about bashing Axl or Adler. I'm talking about a double standard. If Izzy, Adler or Ashba say something negative about Axl. I will react to it according to what they say. If t it's the truth. Well it is the truth. Now there are people who wouldn't care about the truth. And just bash them because they say something negative about Axl. The same if Axl says something negative about Adler or Izzy. But one of the problems with Axl is that he never says anything. I can't give him the benefit of the doubt if I don't hear his side of the story.

Sometimes it matters who says something..its different for me hearing izzy say about reunion and different from steven..steven is 53...and his words differ from his actions

2 minutes ago, cindy1985 said:

Sometimes it matters who says something..its different for me hearing izzy say about reunion and different from steven..steven is 53...and his words differ from his actions

See, what age has to do with anything? What words and what actions? I believe both of them should be part of the reunion. Why? Because it is a reunion :shrugs:

18 minutes ago, alfierose said:

Compared to 5 or 6 years back when I first joined I think the site is actually a bit more balanced now. Steven and Izzy were virtually ignored and Slash's name was dragged through the mud a lot.

Yes there were people like volcano who was bashing Slash 24/7. But fans were bashing him not Axl. Axl was getting called out moslyt because of his voice. And those people were right. Even Fernando admited here that Axl was singing like Mickey Mouse and Axl was awared of that.

5 minutes ago, Padme said:

See, what age has to do with anything? What words and what actions? I believe both of them should be part of the reunion. Why? Because it is a reunion :shrugs:

i believe that everybody want steven and izzy,me too. But, as i said before steven blames the other members of many things and the next time says that they are his brothers.. Said things about reunion but he played with them...and i bet that if they call him again, he would participate... he behaves as teenager for me.. 

1 hour ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

@killuridolsThis is what you do with Axl day after day...sorry to say...and you like to call names to other posters that simply don't agree with you....

This is NOT TRUE.

I have never bashed Axl when he, for example, started his thing with AC/DC. I like what he did there and I enjoyed most of the shows that I watched on YouTube because of course, I wasn't able to attend any of them. I have talked positively about the NITL shows I attended, as well. I loved his China Exchange conference and a few other shows I could watch via YouTube.

Unfortunately, he got stale after all that and haven't done much since then. After two years on the road, the shows and the whole tour got boring for me. Also I noticed how Axl's voice started to decline as the time past by and I criticized that, but saying things about his voice is not bashing him.

While people on the Steven thread make fun of his new band, the singer, saying that he is terrible and can't sing jack shit. Most of those opinions are one liners, mean things, hardly justified with some substance.

Im always trying to back up my opinion with facts and it if it's just my opinion, I make an effort to explain why I think that way. I never bash anyone just for the sake of it.

I do make some jokes, and probably use Axl a lot for my jokes, but I thought most people here had the ability to distinguish one thing from the other. I have doubts now..... It is sad.

12 minutes ago, cindy1985 said:

Which focus do you mean??i never read something wrong about the others... All these years people accused axl... Its really entertaining hearing slash talking about adlers problems with drugs when  we know that slash did the same thing.. How he bahaved to his schoolmate adler?and what about to matt sorum?? Come on now... We know that axl is not the easiest guy...but we cannot accuse him for everything..As for izzy he is very smart guy... 

Then you need to roam the forum a bit more :shrugs:

The D&N section is full of threads bashing Adler and Izzy. But when Izzy sent out his terrible tweet, lol, a lot of people bashed Duff and Slash too.

I don't see how Axl is to blame for everything and I'm a bit lost at what "everything" means. Your generalization of the whole drama is too wide and GN'R history is complicated.

But in a nutshell, I think the forum is full of threads with criticism of all parts involved. Some are buried deep inside, maybe you should dig them to realize there's something more out there.

6 minutes ago, cindy1985 said:

That smiley wasn't for you, it was for what @Tori72 posted but my post submitted after yours. I'm sorry.

11 minutes ago, killuridols said:

This is NOT TRUE.

I have never bashed Axl when he, for example, started his thing with AC/DC. I like what he did there and I enjoyed most of the shows that I watched on YouTube because of course, I wasn't able to attend any of them. I have talked positively about the NITL shows I attended, as well. I loved his China Exchange conference and a few other shows I could watch via YouTube.

Unfortunately, he got stale after all that and haven't done much since then. After two years on the road, the shows and the whole tour got boring for me. Also I noticed how Axl's voice started to decline as the time past by and I criticized that, but saying things about his voice is not bashing him.

While people on the Steven thread make fun of his new band, the singer, saying that he is terrible and can't sing jack shit. Most of those opinions are one liners, mean things, hardly justified with some substance.

Im always trying to back up my opinion with facts and it if it's just my opinion, I make an effort to explain why I think that way. I never bash anyone just for the sake of it.

I do make some jokes, and probably use Axl a lot for my jokes, but I thought most people here had the ability to distinguish one thing from the other. I have doubts now..... It is sad.

Then you need to roam the forum a bit more :shrugs:

The D&N section is full of threads bashing Adler and Izzy. But when Izzy sent out his terrible tweet, lol, a lot of people bashed Duff and Slash too.

I don't see how Axl is to blame for everything and I'm a bit lost at what "everything" means. Your generalization of the whole drama is too wide and GN'R history is complicated.

But in a nutshell, I think the forum is full of threads with criticism of all parts involved. Some are buried deep inside, maybe you should dig them to realize there's something more out there.

That smiley wasn't for you, it was for what @Tori72 posted but my post submitted after yours. I'm sorry.

first...i spoke generally about how people treat axl all these years about the band  and not specifically about the half reunion...maybe you didnt read what i wrote in previous page,so the word 'drama' is at least an unfortunate comment. 

38 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

I do think Izzy, Slash, Steven and Ned-How to not be a Man-Flanders are getting their fair share of bashing, too. 

All by Axl only fans? :P

That was my point. They all get a ton of shit from all directions.

(I guess I got out of the wrong side of the bed today or something) lol

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cindy1985 said:

first...i spoke generally about how people treat axl all these years about the band  and not specifically about the half reunion...maybe you didnt read what i wrote in previous page,so the word 'drama' is at least an unfortunate comment. 

"All these years" was only Axl in the band so it's logical people will talk about him and what he did with the band he retained for himself :shrugs:

I guess you are the one who didn't understand that with 'drama' I meant the GN'R story, not something you particularly said. I don't see how it is an 'unfortunate' comment to call it a drama when all elements of it are typical of such situation.

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

"All these years" was only Axl in the band so it's logical people will talk about him and what he did with the band he retained for himself :shrugs:

I guess you are the one who didn't understand that with 'drama' I meant the GN'R story, not something you particularly said. I don't see how it is an 'unfortunate' comment to call it a drama when all elements of it are typical of such situation.

its ok i didnt want to be aggressive, in previous page i wrote that axl hold the band in yeaRs with drugs but all the members left because of his issues, i explained what i meant in previous post. And yes to be honest i took it personally 'the drama' but now i know what you mean... By the way,iam a huge fan of Argentina and national team.

33 minutes ago, cindy1985 said:

i believe that everybody want steven and izzy,me too. But, as i said before steven blames the other members of many things and the next time says that they are his brothers.. Said things about reunion but he played with them...and i bet that if they call him again, he would participate... he behaves as teenager for me.. 

I think he is bitter. And he is expressing how he feels. Again before calling Steven loser, has been, strungout or other things he has been called. I would like to hear what Axl, Slash and Duff have to say.

No, I'm afarid not everyone wants Steven and Izzy. Some fans have been very clear about it.

Just now, Padme said:

I think he is bitter. And he is expressing how he feels. Again before calling Steven loser, has been, strungout or other things he has been called. I would like to hear what Axl, Slash and Duff have to say.

No, I'm afarid not everyone wants Steven and Izzy. Some fans have been very clear about it.

i dont want to call anybody loser,steven is a part of the history..but for me he is not reliable. Axl probably doesnt want him...but i agree with you im curious too to hear the other members about him. As for izzy i believe that most of the fans want him back.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, cindy1985 said:

its ok i didnt want to be aggressive, in previous page i wrote that axl hold the band in yeaRs with drugs but all the members left because of his issues, i explained what i meant in previous post. And yes to be honest i took it personally 'the drama' but now i know what you mean... By the way,iam a huge fan of Argentina and national team.

Ok, I just checked it out.

Im not sure how your opinion on that connects with the debate that someone else started because I called some posters "the word that is not banned but it is antagonistic" :ph34r:.....

But to reply to your post, well, I disagree that Axl is the one who held the band together... I don't see how, really.... From 1990 until 1993, the band started to disintegrate, losing Steven first and Izzy next but Slash and Duff were not absent, in spite of their addictions.

Slash was the one in charge of looking for Steven's replacement. They finished the UYI albums, Slash wrote amazing epic guitar parts for most of the songs. Duff helped too. Izzy was there and wrote until he was gone.... I mean, in what sense was Axl alone holding the band together? Actually, he was an element of contempt in many opportunities, he only communicated with the rest of the guys via Doug Goldstein...when tour started, he went full on riots, St. Louis, starting shows late or cancelling..... Really, I have problems seeing how he added extra help to keep the band going on.

As for your opinion about Steven, I think it could be the case that he does love them for what they represent to him (the band mates with whom he made it big, the biggest success of his life) but at the same time feeling disappointed for how things turned out and how the friendship got mixed up with the business part. It is not easy to keep a friendship and make business with your friends, there are always frictions and disagreements.

Its hard for me to see the contradiction. 

Edited by killuridols
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, cindy1985 said:

i dont want to call anybody loser,steven is a part of the history..but for me he is not reliable. Axl probably doesnt want him...but i agree with you im curious too to hear the other members about him. As for izzy i believe that most of the fans want him back.

Again the reliability issue. How can we know for sure if he is not given a chance to play a whole show or a handfull of shows? Fans say the same thing about Izzy