GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

9 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Yes, I agree. Guns N' Roses is not Guns without Axl's voice, even if his voice has decliined from his prime. But at the same time I feel it is not Guns without Slash and lately, Ive come to appreciate Duff's input as well.

Baz voice is not unique but it is the Skid Row voice of the songs that made them popular and big, so in that sense, that's his trademark which is hard to replace. What popular song does the new Skid Row have?

I couldn't name one.....

LOL, I know what you mean about being attached to the past regarding to music. Same happens to me but I also think it is because I really dont have time to explore new stuff now.... while when I was a teen I could spend the whole day reading and listening to bands. Now I can barely listen to one song per day :facepalm:

I didn t say the post Baz songs were popular :lol: - it s just me that likes some of the songs like "Ghost" or "Catch your fall"

Baz was never a songwriter with Skid Row. It s Rachel who writes the songs and he has always been in the band.

you know what?  subhuman race is skid rows chinese democracy for me. it sounds weird and I dont like the album even if it was the last one with Baz.

I know about the time problem. I dont even use the laptop most of the time I come to the forum but just my smartphone so I save time..

Yeah once we got back Slash and Duff we don t want to loose them again. And if possible I would like steven and Izzy back. I would prefer to have Izzy back and let leave Slash again I suppose. sorry Slash-lites. 

23 minutes ago, killuridols said:

OMG, how encouraging! :lol:

Why is it ugly? Please explain.....

I've watched some YouTube things, people exploring and showing parts of Berlin, Kölhn (sp?), Frankfurt...... I guess I know what you mean but at the same time it would be pretty different to where I live in Argentina, so I cant say that I will not like it.... maybe I dont like other things, don't know... :shrugs:

Yeah right? :lol: I’m the worst tourist guide ever. I love people coming to visit Germany. Don’t be put off by my bluntness. lol. Maybe it’s me being in love with other countries and cities so I’m bored with how it looks in my country? Well, when you have seen documentaries you might be able to tell that the cities here have only small olden parts of the cities that are pretty to look at. Speaking architecture, the newer parts are mostly uninspiring to me...

Parts of Frankfurt are fine, Köln is great for it’s people. They are just awesome. Köln is an ugly beast though but I love it anyway, that city’s got heart. I love Hamburg for it’s beautiful houses and lake and Berlin for just being Berlin. It definitely has a special and unique vibe. Well, to not derail this thread too much -  come over and hopefully see the great spots. :) 

EDIT: I hope I’ll be able to go a visit Argentina one day. I’m all in for the tango and dream of going dancing every night (not that I’m good enough. Probably staring at the dancers from the shadow and being shy) and buying really cool dancing shoes. 

Edited by Tori72

4 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

EDIT: I hope I’ll be able to go a visit Argentina one day. I’m all in for the tango and dream of going dancing every night (not that I’m good enough. Probably staring at the dancers from the shadow and being shy) and buying really cool dancing shoes. 

You should definitely go there. I have been only once in Argentina yet but I want to return "soon" 

we saw the tango dancers in the streets of B.A. and it was really cool. we ate fabulous steaks and great food in general. I saw the casa rosada and the Boca s stadium which were dreams for me for a long time... Iguacu and Salta were amazing as well.:drool:

I hope you go there soon. You will like it.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Yeah right? :lol: I’m the worst tourist guide ever. I love people coming to visit Germany. Don’t be put off by my bluntness. lol. Maybe it’s me being in love with other countries and cities so I’m bored with how it looks in my country? Well, when you have seen documentaries you might be able to tell that the cities here have only small olden parts of the cities that are pretty to look at. Speaking architecture, the newer parts are mostly uninspiring to me...

Parts of Frankfurt are fine, Köln is great for it’s people. They are just awesome. Köln is an ugly beast though but I love it anyway, that city’s got heart. I love Hamburg for it’s beautiful houses and lake and Berlin for just being Berlin. It definitely has a special and unique vibe. Well, to not derail this thread too much -  come over and hopefully see the great spots. :) 

take from iz the gold sandals:rofl-lol:

14 minutes ago, Natty said:

I didn t say the post Baz songs were popular :lol: - it s just me that likes some of the songs like "Ghost" or "Catch your fall"

Baz was never a songwriter with Skid Row. It s Rachel who writes the songs and he has always been in the band.

you know what?  subhuman race is skid rows chinese democracy for me. it sounds weird and I dont like the album even if it was the last one with Baz.

I know about the time problem. I dont even use the laptop most of the time I come to the forum but just my smartphone so I save time..

Yeah once we got back Slash and Duff we don t want to loose them again. And if possible I would like steven and Izzy back. I would prefer to have Izzy back and let leave Slash again I suppose. sorry Slash-lites. 

Yeah, I guess the fact that the other 3 original members remain makes it a strong reason to go see them even if they are Baz-less :P

Still, I was never much into those guys, lol.... so I'll pass, I guess, but a Skid Row reunion would be ace!! Dont you think?

Subhuman race is a bit grunge, right...? I kind get that feeling from it. I guess it was released to suit the sound of the decade. In that sense, it's better than CD, because CD came out when all the fad it refers to had gone off the map 10 years before :facepalm:

I doubt Steven will ever return. Im not even sure if Slash & Duff will stay.... :shrugs:.... I'd like for Izzy to collaborate in writing an album but is that possible? He wouldn't join the band to tour again either. I dont know.... its all so hard to tell with these guys!

18 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Don't worry. I know someday I will be there, regardless of your bluntness :P ...... I am STUBBORN, remember? and a German nut swinger, so please tell Adorno, Horkeheimer, Habermas, Nietzche and the rest of the gang to graciously wait for me... Im coming, SOON is the word! :headbang: (soon as in ChinDem soon terms :lol:)

Argentina is ugly too, haaah, depends on where you go. It is a laaaaaaaaaarge country, with a wide variety of weather and places to see. But if you wanna feel the tango vibes, then Buenos Aires is the place to go ;)

4 minutes ago, cindy1985 said:

take from iz the gold sandals:rofl-lol:

No!

:P

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

Yeah, I guess the fact that the other 3 original members remain makes it a strong reason to go see them even if they are Baz-less :P

Still, I was never much into those guys, lol.... so I'll pass, I guess, but a Skid Row reunion would be ace!! Dont you think?

Subhuman race is a bit grunge, right...? I kind get that feeling from it. I guess it was released to suit the sound of the decade. In that sense, it's better than CD, because CD came out when all the fad it refers to had gone off the map 10 years before :facepalm:

I doubt Steven will ever return. Im not even sure if Slash & Duff will stay.... :shrugs:.... I'd like for Izzy to collaborate in writing an album but is that possible? He wouldn't join the band to tour again either. I dont know.... its all so hard to tell with these guys!

Don't worry. I know someday I will be there, regardless of your bluntness :P ...... I am STUBBORN, remember? and a German nut swinger, so please tell Adorno, Horkeheimer, Habermas, Nietzche and the rest of the gang to graciously wait for me... Im coming, SOON is the word! :headbang: (soon as in ChinDem soon terms :lol:)

Argentina is ugly too, haaah, depends on where you go. It is a laaaaaaaaaarge country, with a wide variety of weather and places to see. But if you wanna feel the tango vibes, then Buenos Aires is the place to go ;)

I’ll raise all the dead dudebros who neve gave a shit on women’s rights off their graves for you. lol :lol:

Yeah, I know Buenos Aires would be the place for me. Sadly, I couldn’t afford it right now. Maybe one day. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Natty said:

You should definitely go there. I have been only once in Argentina yet but I want to return "soon" 

we saw the tango dancers in the streets of B.A. and it was really cool. we ate fabulous steaks and great food in general. I saw the casa rosada and the Boca s stadium which were dreams for me for a long time... Iguacu and Salta were amazing as well.:drool:

I hope you go there soon. You will like it.

7 hours ago, alfierose said:

Compared to 5 or 6 years back when I first joined I think the site is actually a bit more balanced now. Steven and Izzy were virtually ignored and Slash's name was dragged through the mud a lot.

Lol, were you really here 5 or 6 years ago? Axl was so much more hated back than, since we were mostly old gnr fans on here and maybe only a few, but loud Axlites. Steven and Izzy have never have been ignored and Slash was loved more than he is now actually. See way more critism towards him nowadays. That it is more balanced is true, but mostly cause the love/hate towards the members is more balanced.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

I’ll raise all the dead dudebros who neve gave a shit on women’s rights off their graves for you. lol :lol:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!! :bitchfight:

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

That's a knock under the belt for sure. I should have expected it coming from you :lol::facepalm:

After all you are German and you kick my Argie ass everytime!

sticker,375x360-bg,ffffff.u3.png

Edited by killuridols

@killuridols Lol! I’m sure it was a shock to you.:rofl-lol: So sorry. Had to put your sentimental little head straight about those German thinkers. I’m sure you can handle it!  :lol:

I don’t know about Germans kicking Argie asses? If that’s about soccer, I’m out. No clue. :max:

Edited by Tori72
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MB. said:

Lol, were you really here 5 or 6 years ago? Axl was so much more hated back than, since we were mostly old gnr fans on here and maybe only a few, but loud Axlites. Steven and Izzy have never have been ignored and Slash was loved more than he is now actually. See way more critism towards him nowadays. That it is more balanced is true, but mostly cause the love/hate towards the members is more balanced.

Oh I know Axl has always had a lot thrown at him but I remember Slash having it a lot worse back then than he does now, you may be right in that it was a handful of dominant voices though. I remember we used to have a section for both Steven and Izzy that were like tumbleweed. One of the first threads I ever started was about Steven's court case against GNR and I got about 3 replies :lol:. I think the reunion has changed the demographics of the board a bit and increased the interest in the original band as opposed to mostly Axl/Slash.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, alfierose said:

Oh I know Axl has always had a lot thrown at him but I remember Slash having it a lot worse back then than he does now, you may be right in that it was a handful of dominant voices though. I remember we used to have a section for both Steven and Izzy that were like tumbleweed. One of the first threads I ever started was about Steven's court case against GNR and I got about 3 replies :lol:. I think the reunion has changed the demographics of the board a bit and increased the interest in the original band as opposed to mostly Axl/Slash.

I know Russ said no but I really wish there was a section for Izzy & Steven. Or at least Steven since he's active and about to tour. It's frustrating trying to discuss his band in D&N with all the "omg he's got the worst singer ever!! He's nothing like Axl" comments. :(

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zoot said:

I know Russ said no but I really wish there was a section for Izzy & Steven. Or at least Steven since he's active and about to tour. It's frustrating trying to discuss his band in D&N with all the "omg he's got the worst singer ever!! He's nothing like Axl" comments. :(

Maybe an appreciation thread in The Jungle or My World (similar to the Izzy one) if you specifically want to discuss his new band away from D&N?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Zoot said:

Even if there is a threrad or section about Izzy and Adler. If they make comments about GN'R/Axl is going to be posted in D&N. 

2 minutes ago, Padme said:

Even if there is a threrad or section about Izzy and Adler. If they make comments about GN'R/Axl is going to be posted in D&N. 

That's fine. I'd just like a place to discuss his band and other projects he's working on lately. I'll probably make a thread in the jungle later.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

17 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

@killuridols Lol! I’m sure it was a shock to you.:rofl-lol: So sorry. Had to put your sentimental little head straight about those German thinkers. I’m sure you can handle it!  :lol:

I don’t know about Germans kicking Argie asses? If that’s about soccer, I’m out. No clue. :max:

Well, you're not original :P

This knock-under-the-belt about them (especially about Marx) it is a topic of debate around the classrooms of Sociology, Women Studies and other Colleges related to Humanities. Feminism brought it all back to remember that the Declaration of the Rights of the Man and the Citizen of 1789 ignored all the females (I know these are the French, but still...)

So while Im aware of them dead dudebros keeping us all under their feet, I have tried to deny it, so that I could understand their ideas beyond their evident patriarchism, loooool.....

:unsure:

19 minutes ago, alfierose said:

Maybe an appreciation thread in The Jungle or My World (similar to the Izzy one) if you specifically want to discuss his new band away from D&N?

This is a good idea. Im up for it!

12 minutes ago, Zoot said:

That's fine. I'd just like a place to discuss his band and other projects he's working on lately. I'll probably make a thread in the jungle later.

Ok but the the mods need to merge all future Adler threads with yours. Otherwise there will always be heated debates about Adler in D&N

7 hours ago, Tori72 said:

I suppose it is about soccer. I am a soccer fan since 1990. final Germany - Argentina. won by Germans with a ton of luck and a penalty. I fell in love with argentine soccer players like Maradona Caniggia Batistuta and so on. 

since then I became a fan of argentine national team. every world cup unfortunately Argentina loses against Germany. :anger:

It s time to end the tragedy. Leo Messi will kick their asses hopefully this time. 

Did I mention... I love soccer :P

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, Natty said:

since then I became a fan of argentine national team. every world cup unfortunately Argentina loses against Germany. :anger:

Not every world cup :o

LOL I remember the German team bus though. It looked like Darth Vader!! :facepalm:

It was a terrifying looking bus, pretty much like the players and their demeanor was threatening. The argies looked like little wet chickens, and the others were making fun of us, for looking like that.