GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

Image may contain: outdoor
www.reddit.com/r/GunsNRoses/comments/62kvnt/axl_rose_in_the_desert_in_dubai/

So I was running late right and there was traffic. We were like the band would surely get air lifted through all of this of course! Since people legit stopped their cars got out of their taxies and walked to the concert, so we decided to detour across the desert behind outlet mall to the ve...nue.

As we went around and approached the entrance to the desert road there was this big guy who stopped us and made way for two vans to go to through and as we neared the venue one of the vans got stuck in the sand and people from the other rushed to help them out. We were about to overtake them but the same guy stopped us and said ‘We have Axl Rose in the back of that van’ Can you get him to the concert? We couldn’t believe it!

Then as he's coming up to us a local guy (by himself) in his land cruiser is stopped and gets axel with his crew (not the band) in his car and we get his personal manager in ours we drive backstage drop them And get all access passes And end up right in front of the stage! It was crazy 1f642.png

saw this on facebook

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, marlenaire said:

Finally I found people here who I can talk to about this :) I am in psychology, and I can tell you Axl has Narcissistic Personality Disorder, which is very serious ! I've been through many books about him and articles, but all of them miss the point, or they mis-diagnose him. Narcissism contain all the things that you are saying like depression, anxiety, phobia and many more - they are part of this main disorder! I am analyzing this for some time now, and all facts about Axl prove my theory. Whish is also why I am investigating his relationships - so please reply for my previous post - about Erin and Stephanie. I will write more about it if anybody is interested.

Sooooo I guess I have Npd too:rolleyes:

33 minutes ago, marlenaire said:

Finally I found people here who I can talk to about this :) I am in psychology, and I can tell you Axl has Narcissistic Personality Disorder, which is very serious ! I've been through many books about him and articles, but all of them miss the point, or they mis-diagnose him. Narcissism contain all the things that you are saying like depression, anxiety, phobia and many more - they are part of this main disorder! I am analyzing this for some time now, and all facts about Axl prove my theory. Whish is also why I am investigating his relationships - so please reply for my previous post - about Erin and Stephanie. I will write more about it if anybody is interested.

Not an introvert then? :lol:

jk

Welcome to the women's thread :) 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Not an introvert then? :lol:

jk

Welcome to the women's thread :) 

There can be many types of Narcissists - Introvert or Extrovert, but still - a Narcissist :) Axl is an Introvert one, indeed.

18 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

Sooooo I guess I have Npd too:rolleyes:

What makes you say so? :) 

36 minutes ago, marlenaire said:

Not sure I'm the right person because I don't agree with any of this "diagnosing" online of someone we never met or talked to before, not only that, never talked or will talk about his personal issues.

Are you studying psychology?

Hard to believe someone in the field would create theories and diagnose a celebrity just by using interviews and at the same time try to be serious. Please don't get offended, but there's something called ethics :shrugs:

As for your questions, I can't give you straight answers because most of your questions have roots in false premises and assumptions you make a priori, therefore, all the conclusions for your theories will be invalid.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

Not sure I'm the right person because I don't agree with any of this "diagnosing" online of someone we never met or talked to before, not only that, never talked or will talk about his personal issues.

Are you studying psychology?

Hard to believe someone in the field would create theories and diagnose a celebrity just by using interviews and at the same time try to be serious. Please don't get offended, but there's something called ethics :shrugs:

As for your questions, I can't give you straight answers because most of your questions have roots in false premises and assumptions you make a priori, therefore, all the conclusions for your theories will be invalid.

I will no comment on this, because I do not want to drift away from the main topic. Thanks for your opinion anyway.

1 minute ago, marlenaire said:

No, you didn't answer. I was asking about Erin and Stephanie in original post. I wasn't asking anything when was writing about Narcissism.

I replied to the one where you quoted me and your last line mentioned the original post and so I replied that all of your questions are false premises and need to be reformulated if you want straight answers.

33 minutes ago, marlenaire said:

There can be many types of Narcissists - Introvert or Extrovert, but still - a Narcissist :) Axl is an Introvert one, indeed.

What makes you say so? :) 

I don't know, never seen anybody associated with Axl say that's what he is, even those who really don't like him. They've said plenty of other stuff and given their diagnoses, like autism and bi polar etc, but never that. 

----

Judging by your post about the Erin/Steph thing, you know the same amount as we do. We honestly don't know any more than what was public.

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders
Tired :(
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I don't know, never seen anybody associated with Axl say that's what he is, even those who really don't like him. They've said plenty of other stuff and given their diagnoses, like autism and bi polar etc, but never that. 

----

Judging by your post about the Erin/Steph thing, you know the San amount as we do. We honestly don't know any more than what was public.

Yes, I know and this is what surprises me - regarding diagnosis (or mis-diagnosis)

As for Erin & Stephanie - so where the camp-things come from then? I am wondering what people have against Stephanie or Erin ? And what Erin has against Stephanie?

I do have my suspicions, but in their case it's just speculation.

Edited by marlenaire

1 hour ago, marlenaire said:

If you are studying psych, you know that you're making hypotheses, not theories, right? Scientific theories are actually things that have been verified through extensive first-hand (not distance) experimentation and observation. Like the theory of evolution. Hypotheses are speculative guesses that have not actually been studied.

I really don't think it's right to make an armchair psychiatric diagnosis of someone this way. As I'm sure you know, many, many disorders and syndromes contain elements of anxiety, depression, phobias, etc. and those things also stand alone in the DSM. And as @MillionsOfSpiders mentioned, what you're postulating has never even been speculated by the people who actually know Axl.

The only reason I'm okay with saying Axl is an introvert and has had trauma is because HE has said those things - he's told everyone, and I have no reason to disbelieve someone's assessment of themselves.

Edited by stella
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

----

Judging by your post about the Erin/Steph thing, you know the same amount as we do. We honestly don't know any more than what was public.

there is no way axl is close to autistic or even bi-polar - the narcissist thing holds some ground with the over the top lateness as the main indicator, also the estranged video alone although im a big fan of it, is the most blatant narcissim on axl's part to make the entire video centered around him 

however, since NITL and ACDC Axl has turned a new leaf it appears as the peace he's made with slash has grounded him better  

the better question is what drugs have potentially impaired his judgement during any dark periods - i think he took a lot of psych pills at some point or who knows and in certain instances he appears very genuine particularly in the late 80's when it looked like he was a clear leader with what appeared to be more of a large scale purpose outside of music

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

9 minutes ago, stella said:

If you are studying psych, you know that you're making hypotheses, not theories, right? Scientific theories are actually things that have been verified through extensive first-hand (not distance) experimentation and observation. Like the theory of evolution. Hypotheses are speculative guesses that have not actually been studied.

I really don't think it's right to make an armchair psychiatric diagnosis of someone this way. As I'm sure you know, many, many disorders and syndromes contain elements of anxiety, depression, phobias, etc. and those things also stand alone in the DSM. And as @MillionsOfSpiders mentioned, what you're postulating has never even been speculated by the people who actually know Axl.

The only reason I'm okay with saying Axl is an introvert and has had trauma is because HE has said those things - he's told everyone, and I have no reason to disbelieve someone's assessment of themselves.

English is not my first language, so I might have used incorrect word .

Actually there was someone who said this about Axl (among other things) - it was Alan Niven in his latest interview, last year it was I think.

Also Slash mentioned it in the interview with Howars Stern in 2012 it was. He said it was "extreme Narcissism"

One of the things about Narcissists is that they are pathological liars, especially when talking about themselves. Also, he definitely wasn't aware what is really wrong with him.

As I said earlier, I am studying his case and Disorders for a long time now, it is not taken out of the blue.

16 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

there is no way axl is close to autistic or even bi-polar - the narcissist thing holds some ground with the over the top lateness as the sole indicator

however, since NITL and ACDC Axl has turned a new leaf it appears as the peace he's made with slash has grounded him better  

He said here he's not bipolar...

Axl: Of course but in the world of sports and litigation....

I've not been diagnosed as being bipolar though many misconstrue statements I made earlier as alluding to such and unfortunately there's been an abundance of misguided or unqualified speculation of various events but I definitely can relate to needing my own space.

In my world all bi polar means (and not to offend or make light of those suffering from a genuine condition or involved with those who are) is that someone can try to take cheap uneducated shots or try to claim I'm bipolar thus justifying why they should get paid a financial settlement for whatever nonsense they're up to. Fortunately that hasn't proved successful.

Edited by killuridols
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

there is no way axl is close to autistic or even bi-polar - the narcissist thing holds some ground with the over the top lateness as the main indicator

the better question is what drugs have potentially impaired his judgement during any dark periods - i think he took a lot of psych pills at some point or who knows and in certain instances he appears very genuine particularly in the late 80's when it looked like he was straight 

I totally agree with the first sentence. Lack of empathy on different occasions - is also very good indicator.

Narcissists with age calm down a bit. Also, knowing that his lineup of GNR is leading nowhere he goes back to the place where he last remember to be the most successful, because he needs the confirmation of his existence from the outside. Confirmation that he is the greatest. Money stands on second place -  also important of course, but not the most.

So like in the days when GNR was getting to be known - he can stretch and compromise for greater good.

No, his disease didn't disappear. In fact, I really do feel pity on him.

Drugs, alcohol - they are called - "the fillers". They fill the emptiness, "cure" depression, and blur the reality when it becomes too painful to confront.

Edited by marlenaire

3 minutes ago, marlenaire said:

I totally agree with the first sentence. Lack of empathy on different occasions - is also very good indicator.

Narcissists with age calm down a bit. Also, knowing that his lineup of GNR is leading nowhere he goes back to the place where he last remember to be the most successful, because he needs the confirmation of his existence from the outside. Confirmation that he is the greatest. Money stands on second place -  also important of course, but not the most.

So like in the days when GNR was getting to be known - he can stretch and compromise for greater good.

No, his disease didn't disappear. In fact, I really do feel pity on him.

Drugs, alcohol - they are called - "the fillers". They fill the emptiness, "cure" depression, and blur the reality when it becomes too painful to confront.

Slash was talking about Scott Weiland when he said extreme narcissistic behaviour 

http://loudwire.com/slash-talks-scott-weiland-diva-behavior-feud-axl-rose-kurt-cobain/

2 minutes ago, stella said:

Alan Niven has an axe to grind against Axl, and has for a long time. In addition, he's not able to armchair diagnose Axl either. Plenty of people use the word "narcissist" without referring to the actual disorder. 

Plus...you say you have been studying his case. Really? How much time have you spent with him? How many hours? How many of his psych evals have you personally read? What kind of diagnostic procedures have you done? The answer would probably be zero, because if you were his doctor you'd be bound by HIPAA and patient confidentiality laws.

Have you ever even met the man? If you haven't and you're not his clinician, you don't have the information to diagnose him with anything - and it's IMHO not okay to try to do so from reading media reports.

I'm sorry to sound bitchy with this, especially since you are new here, but I think it's super uncool to try to diagnose someone you don't even with a psych condition.

And what makes you say that I am wrong? You do not know my skills or experience, correct?

Just now, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Slash was talking about Scott Weiland when he said extreme narcissistic behaviour 

http://loudwire.com/slash-talks-scott-weiland-diva-behavior-feud-axl-rose-kurt-cobain/

He was talking about both Scott and Axl.

8 minutes ago, stella said:

Alan Niven has an axe to grind against Axl, and has for a long time. In addition, he's not able to armchair diagnose Axl either. Plenty of people use the word "narcissist" without referring to the actual disorder. 

Plus...you say you have been studying his case. Really? How much time have you spent with him? How many hours? How many of his psych evals have you personally read? What kind of diagnostic procedures have you done? The answer would probably be zero, because if you were his doctor you'd be bound by HIPAA and patient confidentiality laws.

Have you ever even met the man? If you haven't and you're not his clinician, you don't have the information to diagnose him with anything - and it's IMHO not okay to try to do so from reading media reports.

I'm sorry to sound bitchy with this, especially since you are new here, but I think it's super uncool to try to diagnose someone you don't even with a psych condition. We bullshit about lots of things here and certainly speculate, but I think there's a line in the sand with trying to authoritatively make a diagnosis that someone has a "very serious" psych condition.

This ^^^

4 minutes ago, marlenaire said:

And what makes you say that I am wrong? 

The fact that you've never met him. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, marlenaire said:

And what makes you say that I am wrong? You do not know my skills or experience, correct?

Actually? I do.

1. Real psychologists and psychiatrists would NEVER come into a public forum and disclose someone's diagnosis or clinical information, if they actually knew it firsthand. it's a breach of professional ethics and a HIPAA violation.
2. Real psych professionals know it is unethical and dangerous to "diagnose" a patient they have never seen. It opens them up to liability - and they can't, because they have not directly and personally evaluated the patient. That goes for all doctors, by the way. And even if another doctor has diagnosed their patient they will want to see the clinical evidence and progress notes and sometimes repeat the tests and do their own evaluation.

You've never met the man, much less treated him or evaluated him firsthand. You therefore can't give him a Dx. It's that simple.

Edited by stella
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, stella said:

Actually? I do.

1. Real psychologists and psychiatrists would NEVER come into a public forum and disclose someone's diagnosis or clinical information, if they actually knew it firsthand. it's a breach of professional ethics and a HIPAA violation.
2. Real psych professionals know it is unethical and dangerous to "diagnose" a patient they have never seen. It opens them up to liability - and they can't, because they have not directly and personally evaluated the patient. That goes for all doctors, by the way.

I am not a professional psychologist - I said I am in psychology and I've been studying it. I am not bound by any law in this matter, but it doesn't mean I do not have knowledge or I'm stupid. That's why I can allow myself for writing here. Really, if you discard what I have to say, then why do you even bother to reply?

Edited by marlenaire

3 minutes ago, marlenaire said:

How do you know that?? I never said anything about meeting him or not.

Are you Suzie London? :lol:

If you met him then why do you need to come here to ask some random fans on the Internet about his life?

How come you don't also know Stephanie and Erin?

If you are Suzie London, I'm sure you know Erin, as well... right? ;)

• Like 2