GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

3 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Yes, I understood that part as well.  It was the way he answered my question - we just released a brand new single - as if he was shocked that we didn't see that as a new music?  I just...didn't know how to respond to that?

There's not much to read into it, I think it was just a way to dodge your question. He can't say or talk about new music because they are probably not working at all in new music, but how could he say something like that? Imagine the disappoinment of people. He will never say "do not expect new music", unless GN'R had just announced their retirement. While they are active, even if they will just tour for the rest of their lives, the possibility of releasing new music is there but just like a possibility and so he can't say otherwise.

10 minutes ago, Padme said:

@Andy14  He is back. Try again if you want to

I know, thanks. But I won't force it as it didn't get through the first time. I should try to come up with a question as myself not grandpa Angus. :lol:

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Can anyone shed any light on why he doesn't like Marc Canter?  I don't know the story.  When someone in the thread said Marc is a good guy, Fernando said, we'll agree to disagree.  What's the story there?

The story with Axl is what @killuridols said, unless there's something more we don't know.

In the interview Doug Goldstein did on GNR Central he said something about Slash not talking to Marc. Sidman and Geoff said that Marc talked to them off the record about it. Who knows what's going on.

Edited by Blackstar

3 hours ago, killuridols said:

The few things I picked from all that babbling is:

- GN'R will continue to tour for years
- T-shirts and merchandise is what he likes to do best
- 'Something' about new music, which doesn't mean there will be new music in the near future, because he can't say 'nothing' or 'never' (unless GN'R was to announce their retirement). It just means that they are not retiring yet.
- New tour dates to be added this year
- Will not talk about Izzy
- AFD5 is not important for them
- Something like it is not cool to like different lineups other than the current one

So, it is the same old shit as usual and most of what fans have speculated has parts of truth to it, so in the end, fans are not so clueless after all.

The band members are supportive of side projects. Nando said that. And his reaction when Axl ask about Slash's number. No mention of Axl/DC

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

The band members are supportive of side projects. Nando said that. And his reaction when Axl ask about Slash's number. No mention of Axl/DC

He answered this weird answer about AC/DC on HTGTH (not been there in forever lol)

Well, glad it isn't about you.  People tend to lean towards shit and then when questioned, their usual response is; well Axl doesn't do this and that and this and that and this... so on.

Just let shit be man, stand behind or next to the artist(s) you respect, or cared for at one point rather than throw stones.

ACDC fans were hating on Axl until they heard it firsthand, so, just let it go and if it happens, great.  Hope you like it, if you don't; all good just know the process on creating was amazing.  

We kind of tend to forget that everything is a process and if Axl is part of something, the process is more about the friendship and love of people involved than the need to create something loved and accepted by everyone.  To us, that's just a bonus.

Personally, the love we found within the ACDC family is priceless. 

That was to someone saying Angus wouldn’t want Axl because he is too much like Elton John mixed with Aerosmith. 

• Like 1

On 5/15/2018 at 9:06 PM, killuridols said:

Why would you want your man going to those horrible places were women are exploited and at the risk of him bringing diseases to you? :question:

I have friends who are dancers and none of them are exploited, they do it by their own choice. They make hella money too. They're all really clean and no diseases (the clubs that I've been to anyways and where they work).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

I have friends who are dancers and none of them are exploited, they do it by their own choice. They make hella money too. They're all really clean and no diseases (the clubs that I've been to anyways and where they work).

What does the future hold for a dancer when she hits certain age and cant make loads of $$$ out of her body anymore?

I dont know any free woman that would choose this path for their lives, unless it is maybe a temporary job? 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

He answered this weird answer about AC/DC on HTGTH (not been there in forever lol)

Well, glad it isn't about you.  People tend to lean towards shit and then when questioned, their usual response is; well Axl doesn't do this and that and this and that and this... so on.

Just let shit be man, stand behind or next to the artist(s) you respect, or cared for at one point rather than throw stones.

ACDC fans were hating on Axl until they heard it firsthand, so, just let it go and if it happens, great.  Hope you like it, if you don't; all good just know the process on creating was amazing.  

We kind of tend to forget that everything is a process and if Axl is part of something, the process is more about the friendship and love of people involved than the need to create something loved and accepted by everyone.  To us, that's just a bonus.

That was to someone saying Angus wouldn’t want Axl because he is too much like Elton John mixed with Aerosmith. 

His responses give me a headache 😂

Did I get it right? Axl only creates music with people he loves, as opposed to creating for artistic purposes? 

So he is now more like an amateur musician rather than a professional? Like those guys who have a band with friends but they are not serious about becoming a professional band? Is that it?

26 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

So...he is in? I read as a yes

3 hours ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Out of likes but thanks for @killuridols and @Blackstar for the info.  

Possibly Fernando doesn’t like the way Marc spoke of his family, in particular Beta, on this forum.

He always maintained that they blocked Axl from a reunion with Slash and other things he told us about how much influence they have over him. 

It was pretty damning stuff. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Possibly Fernando doesn’t like the way Marc spoke of his family, in particular Beta, on this forum.

He always maintained that they blocked Axl from a reunion with Slash and other things he told us about how much influence they have over him. 

It was pretty damning stuff. 

He said that when Axl ask for Slash's number a huge relief he felt 

4 hours ago, killuridols said:

The few things I picked from all that babbling is:

- GN'R will continue to tour for years
- T-shirts and merchandise is what he likes to do best
- 'Something' about new music, which doesn't mean there will be new music in the near future, because he can't say 'nothing' or 'never' (unless GN'R was to announce their retirement). It just means that they are not retiring yet.
- New tour dates to be added this year
- Will not talk about Izzy
- AFD5 is not important for them
- Something like it is not cool to like different lineups other than the current one

So, it is the same old shit as usual and most of what fans have speculated has parts of truth to it, so in the end, fans are not so clueless after all.

Don't forget the toy trucks! Although knowing them they'll probably be expensive too...

• Haha 3

Just now, MillionsOfSpiders said:

But they did hate Slash whilst Axl thought of him as the devil, didn’t they? 

What bothers me is that they say we talk shit and stuff but there are things that are obviously true. Besides, Slash and Duff spoke in their books. How is that a fan making it up?

The problem is that they think what THEY say is the truth and everybody else are liars. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, killuridols said:

What does the future hold for a dancer when she hits certain age and cant make loads of $$$ out of her body anymore?

I dont know any free woman that would choose this path for their lives, unless it is maybe a temporary job? 

Yeah it's more of a temporary thing, or an additional way to supplement their income. One friend has a full time job during the day then works at the club for more income and it's paid off. She has heir own house and several nice cars and is exploring different business ventures. Another friend is also using it as a way to invest in a new business. Some of them use it to pay for school and loans. So eventually they will be doing what they actually want to do in life and not be hitting the pole. However, I have met dancers who were a little older but still made good money. Not all of them are teenagers.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, killuridols said:

His responses give me a headache 😂

Did I get it right? Axl only creates music with people he loves, as opposed to creating for artistic purposes? 

So he is now more like an amateur musician rather than a professional? Like those guys who have a band with friends but they are not serious about becoming a professional band? Is that it?

They give me a migraine! :lol:

From what I can pick out of all of that - Axl loves Angus and wants to work with him and they will make whatever songs they want, they couldn’t care less if either fanbase likes it or not??? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

From what I can pick out of all of that - Axl loves Angus and wants to work with him and they will make whatever songs they want, they couldn’t care less if either fanbase likes it or not??? 

In my opinion is a yes! If not he simply could  ignore the bait.

Edited by Georgina Arriaga
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Yeah. I guess that's what it is.

Also he talked in past tense "the creative process was amazing", so can we infer that Axl has already done his part? :question:

• Like 1