GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

13 minutes ago, killuridols said:

:headbang: ¡¡¡Vamos Argentina!!! :headbang:

We are all watching under the freezing cold! :slash:

Yes!!!!! Watching it right now with the kiddos. I really can’t decide what team I like better. The iclander are so cool! 

Ah wow! Goal for Argentina just in this second!!!

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Tori72 said:

Axl has got a tattoo on his left wrist? It looks all blurry so it’s probably old. I don’t think I’ve ever seen it before.

today Argentina against Iceland? Sounds great, might watch it. Argentina is going to win, clearly. 

He has a skull which, I believe, he did during the ‘reclusive years’.

23 minutes ago, killuridols said:

image.gif.1c0c961425b959c8ac826f4aa068b6eb.gif

all we need is just a little patience.

The second half will be better!! Although the defense is not argentina s strong department. Important is a victory for confidence for the tournament. 

On 6/15/2018 at 4:39 AM, Andy14 said:

D70g4ln.gif

On 6/15/2018 at 7:52 AM, dgnr said:

Is there anything cuter than happy Axl? :wub:
(Probably happy Slash, but I'll leave you be today :P )

OE6ZvB.gif

34201204_178328169510974_474274273210191

Kurt from Rock Heaven was watching the concert N' didnt approve tht 

12 hours ago, GuitarFanfromNYC said:

Axl tweeted! 

Rare to see the concert tweet with photo

2 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Awww looks like Messi is feeling the pressure a little....he’s nervous af :( 

I dont get it why he shoots the penalty himself with all the pressure he has. would have been better to let somebody else try. 

I am disapppointed now. They have to win the remaining 2 matches now and have even more pressure. 

di Maria was weak today. was not his day too. 

27 minutes ago, Natty said:

I dont get it why he shoots the penalty himself with all the pressure he has. would have been better to let somebody else try. 

I am disapppointed now. They have to win the remaining 2 matches now and have even more pressure. 

I’m not really an expert on Argentina’s national team, but I was surprised to see Mascherano isn’t captain....wouldn’t that kind of responsibility be better off with him? 

I hope Messi gets over his nerves and the pressure because he is a great player to watch (unless they play England :D)

I really like Aguero, seen him play in the EPL, he is brilliant. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

I was so sure Argentina would win. I’m sure they will be on fire for their next matches.

Tomorrow is Germany-Mexico. :headbang:

We in Central America are rooting for Germany! We hate the Mexican Team with all of our collective heart (only their football  team, they are lovely people)

Costa Rica is tomorrow!!!!!!!!

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I’m not really an expert on Argentina’s national team, but I was surprised to see Mascherano isn’t captain....wouldn’t that kind of responsibility be better off with him? 

I hope Messi gets over his nerves and the pressure because he is a great player to watch (unless they play England :D)

I really like Aguero, seen him play in the EPL, he is brilliant. 

The thing with aguero and higuain is that they play much better with their clubs than in the national team. 

unfortunately Argentina does anything Messi wants. the coach doesn t command but Leo does. and it shouldn t be like that. Mascherano would have been a better choice to do the penalty or even aguero. 

And Dybala should play and not be substitution. Enough rant for today.

1 hour ago, Natty said:

Di Maria shouldnt even be playing. He's old by now. I was surprised to find out he was still in the team. Him and Mascherano are the oldest guys.

I agree Messi should not have kicked that penalty.... but maybe he has other pressures? He's not only a player, he's an attraction. People pay tickets to see him play :shrugs:

28 minutes ago, Natty said:

And Dybala should play and not be substitution. Enough rant for today.

Everybody here agree with that. Also, Pavón entered and he had a much higher energy than the rest.

Messi carries around a lot of pressure and that's really bad. Argentina need to work more as a team but its tough because none of them play together in their daily lives, each guy is in their own team and only gather for WC every four years.

Iceland defended themselves well but they are nowhere near the level of Germany or other stronger teams. If we had difficulties to win this one, I dont know what will be of us when we have to face the real deal :facepalm:

2 hours ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

I would add "I want to say Sorry to the Berlin's crowd and thank them that didn't threw bottles at me...I sucked that night"

That crowd was insanely lame and it basically didn`t have that much with sound issues, which were just nail to the coffin. I could party my petite soul off and too many posh people in the best spots just didn`t react (they usually do react on me, even before the show, we came there to have fun!). It was mostly like a f*cin` cold wall of people decently enjoying the show or just being there half bored occasionally taking a picture, like that butchery wall-sized guy right in front of me on rail and, if you ever performed, it`s like cold shower. I felt bad, cold, unplugged, disconnected.. Throwing bottles never helps, partying your ass off and interacting with the band does (pub to stadium size acts). I remember being profoundly sorry for Mick Jagger in Austria, the crowd was also half dead, he kind of sharply fought it, still, Jagger operates in a very different way than Axl does, Axl being much more vulnerable and prone to fluctuation, yet far more heartfelt, touchy and intensive.

Yes, Axl sucks if he has sound issues and even much more he sucks if there`s no energy to move, that`s what ultimately makes him elite frontman, the way he can work with crowd energy. It`s an exchange, the more energy crowd gives, the more energy Axl has to give to the crowd, the smoother he performs, because voice is a whole body and soul instrument and it`s vulnerable much more than any other. 

He would throw the mike and storm away after few minutes in 90s, instead of it he still tried his best until the end. 

• Like 2