GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

Just now, Tori72 said:

That is the one consolation I have! Also Mexico really played well. Idk what the german team did there? Beauty sleep or what. :anger: What have they done in all their team building training? Jeez, those young people nowadays!!!! 

ncxK6yS.gif

:lol:

I dont know m'am but they looked pretty much lost and kicking the ball out all the time, missing lots of shots and opportunities. 

I found many similarities with the way  Argentina played yesterday. At some point, the German faces were transforming into big :question: , like they didn't know what to do anymore....

BTW, is Adidas a german brand? I really like this commercial:

28 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Axl, visiting Pisa's Tower

Ok. I like this outfit much more than any other clothes he's worn for the last 3 years but ... does he have only one pair of shorts? :ph34r:

Sometimes it looks like he hasnt changed his clothes in days :smiley-confused2:

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I dont know m'am but they looked pretty much lost and kicking the ball out all the time, missing lots of shots and opportunities. 

I found many similarities with the way  Argentina played yesterday. At some point, the German faces were transforming into big :question: , like they didn't know what to do anymore....

Yep, it’s german. Adi Dassler was the founder, thus the name. Haven’t seen the commercial, great spot!

You’re right, they looked totally gobsmacked. I’ll never understand why the German team is so unflexible while playing. They can never alter their strategy. The mexicans were far to fast for them and too inventive. The germans couldn’t play out their boring bulky trains and thus were lost. :max: I so don’t feel like defending any of them. I am the only never-nutswinger here on this thread! :max::rofl-lol:

Edited by Tori72

1 minute ago, Tori72 said:

Yep, it’s german. Adi Dassler was the founder, thus the name. Haven’t seen the commercial, great spot!

You’re right, the looked totally gobsmacked. I’ll never understand why the German team is so unflexible while playing. They can never alter their strategy. The mexicans were far to fast for them and too inventive. The germans couldn’t play out their boring bulky trains and thus were lost. :max: I so don’t feel like defending any of them. I am the only never-nutswinger here on this thread! :max::rofl-lol:

Haha, great! I love Adidas! (One more german thing to love :wub:)

That's strange because during the final against Argentina, they were not like that at all. :shrugs:

Maybe all the big teams are under a Russian curse :rofl-lol:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Fun fact, Puma was founded by the founder's brother :)

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Haha, great! I love Adidas! (One more german thing to love :wub:)

That's strange because during the final against Argentina, they were not like that at all. :shrugs:

Maybe all the big teams are under a Russian curse :rofl-lol:

I have no clue. I think very few of that team are still with them. And they didn’t take Mario Götze with them who made that goal. Well :shrugs:

I like Adidas as well, they make my fav sneakers ;) They look very different from those in the spot though.

3 minutes ago, Lio said:

Fun fact, Puma was founded by the founder's brother :)

Didn’t know that. :)

Edited by Tori72
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tori72 said:

Didn’t know that. :)

LOL, I love useless knowledge like that. Upon checking if I wasn't spreading any urban legend, I also found out they worked for the Wehrmacht and there was quite a brother feud :lol:

1 minute ago, Lio said:

LOL, I love useless knowledge like that. Upon checking if I wasn't spreading any urban legend, I also found out they worked for the Wehrmacht and there was quite a brother feud :lol:

Working for the Wehrmacht is a very inglorious piece of that company’s history. :/ 

Just now, Tori72 said:

Working for the Wehrmacht is a very inglorious piece of that company’s history. :/ 

Of course, but probably many companies that were around at the time did that. The brother feud is more interesting to me. :)

On another note 

35516871_2141240129455228_65741056846258

Found that pic of Izzy and Axl on fb... Don’t know if it’s Hollywood Rose or what?

Axl looks like a really hot chick with a very broad and flat chest. Idk how that goes together but Axl makes it work. lol

Edited by Tori72
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

On another note 

Found that pic of Izzy and Axl in Hollywood Rose on fb...

Axl looks like a really hot chick with a very broad and flat chest. Idk how that goes together but Axl makes it work. lol

Is Izzy wearing a t-shirt?

If he is, I love it!!! I think he hardly ever wore a tshirt. That makes him look cool and young, as opposed to the shirts, which I hate!!

As for Axl, I agree he looks like a girl only in the head :lol: but I dont like the 80s outfits.

17 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

On another note 

Found that pic of Izzy and Axl in Hollywood Rose on fb...

80s, when not natural, padded shoulders were a thing in ladies` fashion back then :lol: 

World needs more of these androgynous guys, it`s utterly fascinating. 

Edited by Alja
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tori72 said:

Found that pic of Izzy and Axl on fb... Don’t know if it’s Hollywood Rose or what?

It's the first GnR lineup (that lasted two rehearsals, lol) from March 1985.

Another one (better view of Izzy's t-shirt :) )

gnr1985.jpg.9a6699e2bb12ae2b343c8c6b71c9c07e.jpg

More from the same photoshoot:

https://www.razcue.com/fullscreen-page/comp-jh9jygev/42c6735d-2798-41b7-b0bc-2c2f842083db/24/%3Fi%3D24%26p%3Dgueco%26s%3Dstyle-jhfgm1ez

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, It’s So Easy said:

I’ve seen people in the main forum defending that lineup to death but they only lasted 2 rehearsals? lol

The "famous" Ole Beich (the blond one) lasted two rehearsals. Then Duff came in and they played 7 shows, then Tracii Guns left/was kicked out followed by Rob Gardner, and then Slash and Steven came in.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tori72 said:

There’s so much 80-ness going on here... :lol:

tumblr_p6aa63eOK31smf7emo4_250.jpg

But that Izzy is totally Kurt Cobain look! :ph34r:

Also the loose ripped jeans, great combo! He never wore loose jeans.... I like him better wearing these grunge clothes and his dreadlocks.

3 hours ago, beautifulanddamned said:

I mean, somebody's got to make it up to me- that was a lot of sports talk, so...

You wil have to deal with it for a month or until each of our teams is eliminated :lol:

2 hours ago, It’s So Easy said:

I’ve seen people in the main forum defending that lineup to death but they only lasted 2 rehearsals? lol

There are people who are fans of a non-existent band that they never saw live and that it never released anything :facepalm:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, killuridols said:

But that Izzy is totally Kurt Cobain look! :ph34r:

Also the loose ripped jeans, great combo! He never wore loose jeans.... I like him better wearing these grunge clothes and his dreadlocks.

You wil have to deal with it for a month or until each of our teams is eliminated :lol:

There are people who are fans of a non-existent band that they never saw live and that it never released anything :facepalm:

There is people there defending that awful era of 2000-2002 with that freak with a bucket of KFC in his head....wtf?