GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

41 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

There is people there defending that awful era of 2000-2002 with that freak with a bucket of KFC in his head....wtf?

Yeah, that line up too but at least they made an album :shrugs:

Anyway, the other girl was talking about the weirdos who call the pre-GN'R lineups the original lineup :crazy:

5 hours ago, killuridols said:

But that Izzy is totally Kurt Cobain look! :ph34r:

Also the loose ripped jeans, great combo! He never wore loose jeans.... I like him better wearing these grunge clothes and his dreadlocks.

You wil have to deal with it for a month or until each of our teams is eliminated :lol:

There are people who are fans of a non-existent band that they never saw live and that it never released anything :facepalm:

The 80-ness was referring to the pic above with the pink jacket and that little ghetto blaster ;)

Izzy in loose jeans and a tshirt is a more common sight nowadays. I think it was more of his casual gear and not his stage gear.

9 hours ago, beautifulanddamned said:

I mean, somebody's got to make it up to me- that was a lot of sports talk, so...

Right.

guitarist-izzy-stradlin-of-the-rock-grou

29717319_398885440579899_885744510102300

tumblr_o8bdu7ODjb1r0iwl9o1_1280.png

izzy-stradlin-was-arrested-for-urinating

Izzyfuckyou.jpg

I did what I can do. :lol:

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Axl, visiting Pisa's Tower

Weird to see Axl during day time just doing a cultural visit :lol: Axl mixing with a mass of tourists?  

Florence and Pisa is like going to the WC, tourist from all over the world everywhere. I've been there.

Florence is a lot more interesting and exciting than Pisa

24 minutes ago, Santacruz said:

Living the Dream? That is so oldschool...and this band pictures is bla!:blink:

I just heard some of the clips in the D&N section....hmmmm....can’t say as I am as enthusiastic as the guys in that thread are - guess I should reserve judgment until I hear the whole thing, though :shrugs:

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I just heard some of the clips in the D&N section....hmmmm....can’t say as I am as enthusiastic as the guys in that thread are - guess I should reserve judgment until I hear the whole thing, though :shrugs:

Oh no, you're mistaken...It's not that NuGNR Patience rendition someone posted there, stop listening to that, it's the other one :rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

1 hour ago, GuitarFanfromNYC said:

So Susan is promoting lingerie associated with Stephanie Seymour? Really????

6 hours ago, killuridols said:

:ph34r: What? :ph34r:

6 hours ago, janrichmond said:

@killuridols that was what i thought :wow: 

And why not? What has Susan to do with Axl’s love life (and DV) from 30 years ago? Why would she not help promote a business of a former „co-worker“ (for lack of a better word). She should feel more attached to her own relationship with Stephanie than with anyone else’s.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tori72 said:

And why not? What has Susan to do with Axl’s love life (and DV) from 30 years ago? Why would she not help promote a business of a former „co-worker“ (for lack of a better word). She should feel more attached to her own relationship with Stephanie than with anyone else’s.

She said this about Axl in 2014:

In the middle of the Bazaar shoot, "November Rain"—the 1992 song whose video famously stars Seymour as Rose's rebel bride—comes on the radio, and she rolls her eyes. "Is this a practical joke?" she asks, recalling that she styled herself in those videos and wouldn't mind getting that dress back. "Getting involved with Axl Rose? Clearly a mistake," she says. "It taught me a lot, though. He was a violent person, and I realized I never wanted to be around that again. The thrill of the whole rock 'n' roll thing wore off. I saw the worst of that world and it soured me."

No matter which side you are on, if any, Susan and Duff seem to be quite close to Axl and co. If I had a decades long feud with someone and my friend would suddenly be promoting them, I would be less than thrilled.

Maybe all has been settled or Axl doesn't care or whatever, who knows.

But I think that's why people would be raising eyebrows at Susan promoting Stephanie.

Edited by Lio
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Tori72 said:

:lol:

I was not criticizing her in that way but I do find it weird or maybe a bit uncomfortable... though I do agree that she owes no loyalty to Axl Rose, he is just her husband co-worker, band mate and she was not around when the band formed.

However, I think that given the public situation of Axl & Stephanie (which I dont know til what extent is still a wound for him and for her, maybe not at all anymore) I find it a bit odd that Susan displays such affection for Stephanie on her social media. BUT Im only saying this because I don't know what's their relationship. I mean, I have no information of them being actual friends. So if they are and were very close back in the day, then she's totally right in supporting her and showing her affection.

It is still odd to me but maybe it is more odd that Erin seems to have cut her friendship with Meegan (or the other way around) because of GN'R reuniting. 

And of course, this is all speculation since they could still be in contact through private means. Not like social media is an indication of everything.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lio said:

She said this about Axl in 2014:

No matter which side you are on, if any, Susan and Duff seem to be quite close to Axl and co. If I had a decades long feud with someone and my friend would suddenly be promoting them, I would be less than thrilled.

Maybe all has been settled or Axl doesn't care or whatever, who knows.

But I think that's why people would be raising eyebrows at Susan promoting Stephanie.

4 hours ago, killuridols said:

:lol:

I was not criticizing her in that way but I do find it weird or maybe a bit uncomfortable... though I do agree that she owes no loyalty to Axl Rose, he is just her husband co-worker, band mate and she was not around when the band formed.

However, I think that given the public situation of Axl & Stephanie (which I dont know til what extent is still a wound for him and for her, maybe not at all anymore) I find it a bit odd that Susan displays such affection for Stephanie on her social media. BUT Im only saying this because I don't know what's their relationship. I mean, I have no information of them being actual friends. So if they are and were very close back in the day, then she's totally right in supporting her and showing her affection.

It is still odd to me but maybe it is more odd that Erin seems to have cut her friendship with Meegan (or the other way around) because of GN'R reuniting. 

And of course, this is all speculation since they could still be in contact through private means. Not like social media is an indication of everything.

Well, I have to agree with both of you here. Susan’s relationship with whoever is her thing, her cup of tea and noone can interfere. It doesn’t matter to me if Susan’s relation with Stephanie is a deep friendship or just a matey sort of co-working friendly, she has nothing to do with Axl. She is oftenly giving a shout out to things those other 90s supermodels do nowadays. Same to Carla Bruni who verly likely doesn’t need a shout out. Anyway, I find it friendly of Susan to do so. Why would a woman’s relation via her husband's job make her shut up and not be cooperative / solidary with another woman’s business endeavour? Especially when the whole conflict is 3 decades old?

Also, I think it is very understandable what Stephanie said about those days of her’s with Axl and GnR. Obviously those experiences turned sour on her. Of course she registers that as a mistake, what else? She has all the right to speak badly about the man who beat her up. And she only did it back at the time, she is not going on and on about it.

Edited by Tori72
  • Like 2