GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

10 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I feel terrible for Messi, it’s too much to expect one guy to make it all happen. Some of his teammates weren’t even running back for the third goal....

Hmmm... I don't agree that much with this.... yes, he's got all the pressure but today he barely did anything.

There is Pavon and Dybala who are good, and also El Kun Agüero, who is the only one who seems to try score a goal.

This is obviously a problem of the team, collectively they don't know how to play in synch and who the fuck told Caballero that he could do that shit he did?? :facepalm:

Clearly shows his ego was bigger and he was not playing for the team but for himself :thumbsdown:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Hmmm... I don't agree that much with this.... yes, he's got all the pressure but today he barely did anything.

There is Pavon and Dybala who are good, and also El Kun Agüero, who is the only one who seems to try score a goal.

This is obviously a problem of the team, collectively they don't know how to play in synch and who the fuck told Caballero that he could do that shit he did?? :facepalm:

Clearly shows his ego was bigger and he was not playing for the team but for himself :thumbsdown:

That’s crazy, 0:3 to Croatia! This WC is a funny thing. I can already see the German team marching out of it, too. I can feel it in my toes... Sorry for you, @killuridols, I know it's such a bummer. But hey, it’s only a game, right? :smiley-confused2:

:hug::lol:

Edited by Tori72
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Natty said:

I feel terrible for him too. I hate Ronaldo but look at him. he has cojones and bears the weight of portugal. Leo just shows resignation. never saw him play so bad and show so low interest like in this competition.

It’s strange, because Messi didn’t do too bad at all in the last World Cup but Ronaldo wasn’t so good then, I think Portugal went home in the group stage. 

6 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Maybe I was right, the cup will go to an underdog :ph34r:

Yes, England :D 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Natty said:

I feel terrible for him too. I hate Ronaldo but look at him. he has cojones and bears the weight of portugal. Leo just shows resignation. never saw him play so bad and show so low interest like in this competition.

Why?

:cry:

18 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Yes! All you said. Aguero is a hell of a player, always liked him! Honestly I think the one to blame is Sampaoli...It didn't look he had a strategy at all. Taking Aguero out to put Higuain in... He should have been playing with more forward players. Taking one forward player to put another forward player when you're losing it's not very intelligent. HE he's know for his attacking teams, right? :shrugs:

15 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

That’s crazy, 0:3 to Croatia! This WC is a funny thing. I can already see the German team marching out of it, too. I can feel it in my toes... Sorry for you, @killuridols, I know it's such a bummer. But hey, it’s only a game, right? :smiley-confused2:

:hug::lol:

It's never just a game :anger::anger: 

:P 

'Some people believe football is a matter of life and death.I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.'

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

WTF happened to Argentina. I didn’t watch.

Well, Pink Slips. It was bad. I felt weirded out and cringey. I didn’t believe any movement those kids did. No headbanging from the musicians nor Grace’s strange moves. She tries to be „edgy“ and „punk“, she had smeared lipstick but it was just not believeabel. She is not a punk kid and I don’t believe her anger. At all. And I’m not talking about the music yet because I hardly could hear anything.

Funnily I feel bad writing this because she is so young and I feel like I should support her. It’s a mom thing, I guess. :lol: Idk. I’m old, I’m weird and I have a softer heart than my musical taste would allow. :facepalm::lol::lol:

It does feel really bad slating her band because she is just a kid, but you are right, they really are awful....I watched some of Duffs IG story of her show and I felt like cringing too, when she pulls that psycho face and then rolls around on the stage - it’s like watching someone who is still in a high school drama class. 

Her voice is not good either. She really can’t sing, at all. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

It does feel really bad slating her band because she is just a kid, but you are right, they really are awful....I watched some of Duffs IG story of her show and I felt like cringing too, when she pulls that psycho face and then rolls around on the stage - it’s like watching someone who is still in a high school drama class. 

I really have to rein in all my motherly instincts not to moderate the criticism just because it feels mean. :lol:

Once you've put yourself and your music out there I guess it's something you have to get used to though. Being generous I'm just going to assume I'm too old to 'get' what the vibe is about.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I think she'd be better off playing in small clubs, trying & learning and hopefully becoming good enough for bigger and more demanding crowds. 

For the moment, I find it just embarrassing to watch.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

It seems like the publicity of opening for big acts isn't driving people to watch them on YouTube.  Their video for Trigger, released about 6 weeks ago, only has 23K views.  And that song is somewhat listenable.  Good luck to them!

P.S.  Shadow of Your Love is up over 4 million views.  

39 minutes ago, dgnr said:

Yes! All you said. Aguero is a hell of a player, always liked him! Honestly I think the one to blame is Sampaoli...It didn't look he had a strategy at all. Taking Aguero out to put Higuain in... He should have been playing with more forward players. Taking one forward player to put another forward player when you're losing it's not very intelligent. HE he's know for his attacking teams, right? :shrugs:

Here the media is talking about the big load of problems the AFA has and how that influences the team.

The long time this team has been failing. The many coaches they had before this one. How they struggled to make it to the cup and how come this is a surprise for anyone, it is a big joke.

These results are the reflection of the institutional problems inside AFA. The lack of vision, planning, structure, and the players with personal issues that also end up affecting the team. 

:shrugs:

9 minutes ago, GingerHair said:

I think she'd be better off playing in small clubs, trying & learning and hopefully becoming good enough for bigger and more demanding crowds. 

For the moment, I find it just embarrassing to watch.

She's been playing clubs since 2014 (more or less) so it's been 4 years and the band doesn't move forward.

I guess that when things dont work they just won't. Also, the moment doesn't seem right for their type of music.

Grace is not bold, she is a copy of others. Some time has passed since she started and I dont see her improving in her voice or interpretation.

I like one song of them, though. I think its called "Get Ready" but its not a big deal. I think it sounds like something we all have heard before.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tori72 said:

WTF happened to Argentina. I didn’t watch.

Well, Pink Slips. It was bad. I felt weirded out and cringey. I didn’t believe any movement those kids did. No headbanging from the musicians nor Grace’s strange moves. She tries to be „edgy“ and „punk“, she had smeared lipstick but it was just not believeabel. She is not a punk kid and I don’t believe her anger. At all. And I’m not talking about the music yet because I hardly could hear anything.

Funnily I feel bad writing this because she is so young and I feel like I should support her. It’s a mom thing, I guess. :lol: Idk. I’m old, I’m weird and I have a softer heart than my musical taste would allow. :facepalm::lol::lol:

She's about as punk as Duff's t-shirt line :lol: 

She really doesn't have any talent, just makes weird noises and movements. Unfortunate that because of her father she's got the opportunity to play big festivals and stuff when there are lots of other young musicians who actually are talented who aren't getting that chance.

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

She's been playing clubs since 2014 (more or less) so it's been 4 years and the band doesn't move forward.

I guess that when things dont work they just won't. Also, the moment doesn't seem right for their type of music.

Grace is not bold, she is a copy of others. Some time has passed since she started and I dont see her improving in her voice or interpretation.

I like one song of them, though. I think its called "Get Ready" but its not a big deal. I think it sounds like something we all have heard before.

The only reason it's moved anywhere at all is because of her father. Must be nice to have rich and famous parents.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Tori72 said:

Well, Pink Slips. It was bad. 

I listened to an interview she gave at some point and she talked about herself being an entertainer as opposed to a singer and I thought that was very revealing. So, i think the floor rolling and smeared lipstick and such is about the image of punk and rock. Considering how few kids appreciate punk and rock nowadays, I applaud the effort to keep the image alive even though I too have cringed when I've watched their stuff.  

They do have one song though that I really like called I'm Ready. I think that's the one @killuridols is referencing.  I have no idea why i like it so much but i do. Lol :shrugs: 

7 hours ago, dgnr said:

Why?

:cry:

because he is so over the top arrogant. I can t stand it. He shows so many times that he thinks he s better than others that I could vomit...

he is a great player, he has balls, but he has some issue with his arrogance and taking himself too serious. Another Portuguese player said that during the training Ronaldo laughs at his colleagues when he made some magical moves and his counterpart lost the ball. Seriously??? Laughing at your colleague because he feels superior. 

I don’t like his character that s all @dgnr although I admit that the older he gets the better he plays. With Leo it’s the opposite. Last wc he played really well.. this one he has a complete lack of all, motivation , will aso

4 hours ago, GuitarFanfromNYC said:

I listened to an interview she gave at some point and she talked about herself being an entertainer as opposed to a singer and I thought that was very revealing. So, i think the floor rolling and smeared lipstick and such is about the image of punk and rock. Considering how few kids appreciate punk and rock nowadays, I applaud the effort to keep the image alive even though I too have cringed when I've watched their stuff.  

They do have one song though that I really like called I'm Ready. I think that's the one @killuridols is referencing.  I have no idea why i like it so much but i do. Lol :shrugs: 

Actually, I think the whole thing is rather boring. Rock star/model kid becomes rock star ( maybe a model, too?) . Has no talent but gets pushed by a influential family entourage. It has been boring with Stings daughter f.e. and it def. is boring here. Music the world has def. NOT waited for. And Uncle Axl would be more supportive if he'll tell this young lady the truth about the quality of her Music project..to hysterically celebrate mediocre or no talent is no help at all, just pushes Egos in the wrong direction IMO......Why not go to University and try something different? But no... urgh!

Edited by Santacruz
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, GuitarFanfromNYC said:

Yes, that's the one! But now that you put the video and I heard it again I think it is rather mediocre song :wacko: Or maybe it sounds better live..... 

Either way, the punk she's bringing to the kids is totally fabricated and I dont know who's gonna buy it, except for other enfants riches déprimés like her :shrugs:

Performances need credibility as well.... The whole fake blood and smeared lipstick makes no sense to me. I dont know what they mean in her context or the band's context.

Real punks lived their own lives as punks. No fancy hotels and daddy's protection. Lyrics had a message to be heard.

23 minutes ago, Santacruz said:

Actually, I think the whole thing is rather boring. Rock star/Model kid becomes rock star ( maybe a model, too?) . Has no talent but gets pushed by a influential family entourage. It has been boring with Stings daughter f.e. and it def. is boring here. Masic the world has NOT waited for. Why not go to University and try something different? But n... urgh!

Gets pushed but so far I have not seen the audience reaction they've been looking for.

She's not good neither as a singer or as a performer. No credibility in what she does and it can be perceived.

Im surprised you think Sting daughter is boring. I liked her years ago when I was trying to figure out the new generations, lol. In that case, she seemed like a genuine weirdo but I admit it was a bit hard for me to decode her. Ever since I have no clue what she did with her career.

Going to University requires effort and enthusiasm. Its way harder than sitting your ass in daddy's private jet, touring around Europe for his multimillionaire band.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I support Frances Bean and I wish she would give a chance to singing because she has a great voice.

Wow. She looks so much like Kurt now it's unreal. Beautiful voice too.

I'm afraid Grace and Francis need to be realistic. When it comes to women, the industry wants them to be Lady Gaga or Beyonce. The industry doesn't give a fuck about punk rock. It sucks. But right now that's the current state of affairs

5 minutes ago, Padme said:

I'm afraid Grace and Francis need to be realistic. When it comes to women, the industry wants them to be Lady Gaga or Beyonce. The industry doesn't give a fuck about punk rock. It sucks. But right now that's the current state of affairs

That comment is not the spirit of punk rock at all. Also they probably don’t have to worry about money. Which isn’t punk rock either. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Padme said:

That's because it is the time of pop now.

In the 90s, many rock female launched their careers because the moment was appropriate for "angry young women".

But Grace problem is not that. She wouldnt have been successful in the 90s either.

Frances is into plastic arts and filming.  She does have a talent though.

12 minutes ago, killuridols said:

In the 90s, many rock female launched their careers because the moment was appropriate for "angry young women".

Female singers like Alanis Morissette or Gwen Stefani were kinda pop. Clearly far from being Sex Pistols.  A real rock female artist would be someone like Lita Ford or Janis Jopling. Tina Turner also to some degree. She swap around both pop and rock songs at different eras

16 minutes ago, Padme said:

Female singers like Alanis Morissette or Gwen Stefani were kinda pop. Clearly far from being Sex Pistols.  A real rock female artist would be someone like Lita Ford or Janis Jopling. Tina Turner also to some degree. She swap around both pop and rock songs at different eras

Janis was rock in her life but in music, she sang pretty much about love and being miserable for love...

Alanis started as a pop artist, changed to rock and later went back to rock pop again. But Alanis had all the attitude, the voice and the bold lyrics.

Gwen was a tank as a frontwoman. The music is kinda happy but rock based. I mean, when she was in No Doubt.

It's hard for women to be like Sex Pistols, so that comparison is a bit unfair. The women who made it in rock did as much as they could in an industry plagued by sexism and patriarchy.

I think rock will return after this shit music era fades away.... we need more rebels though... i feel like people are just holed up in their cellphones and watching life through the lens of the camera.