Jump to content
alfierose

GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Well, at least now we know what the smeared lipstick was all about..

 

So she now wears the same padlock necklace that duff wore in early guns?. The reason why the sex pistols and punk  were huge in 77 was because their songs represented the bleak economy and high unemployment that was happening in england. In england there were rich amd the poor. If you were a kid in england from a working class background you were worked in the mines so when the band sang lyrics such as "no future for you and me". For a kid in england they saw no future. Their songs were a snapshot of the times and for disenchanted kids in england. Does grace represent punk living in a 6 million dollar home?. Not a chance.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, killuridols said:

Does Grace really go to College? :question:

I have no indications that she's still in school...... :ph34r:

@beautifulanddamned I don't understand that video.... is it 2018 audio over 1988 video?

It's Coachella audio over the 1988 video. I just thought it was interesting to see them mashed up. If I'm being honest, my perception of how good they sounded probably went up tenfold, when the sound came out of those young, rough guys. It's like a mind trick.  I know I am judging them way more harshly now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, beautifulanddamned said:

It's Coachella audio over the 1988 video. I just thought it was interesting to see them mashed up. If I'm being honest, my perception of how good they sounded probably went up tenfold, when the sound came out of those young, rough guys. It's like a mind trick.  I know I am judging them way more harshly now.

Thanks!

I didn't see much of a difference that's why I was confused but maybe that time he sang better because he was sitting. :shrugs:

I guess the shock is bigger when you put current videos over old audio.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, killuridols said:

Thanks!

I didn't see much of a difference that's why I was confused but maybe that time he sang better because he was sitting. :shrugs:

I guess the shock is bigger when you put current videos over old audio.

Coachella must have been especially good. I don’t think we judge too harsh (as @beautifulanddamned said)  because they didm’t maintain that standard, I think.

I’ve seen the Tokio show from 92 with his 2016/17 voice and band. Still mostly a great voice. Still a great rockstar with attitude even though 92/93 Axl was already declining on the attitude side. You know what I mean. But. The impact, the greatness, the groove and swagger of the band... not there anymore. Still great rockmusic but the special something is missing. Doesn’t make me feel anything that the real 92 video and music still can. I’m not saying it’s dead music but The vibrance, the awesomeness is gone.

Edited by Tori72
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe we are harsh, maybe we have become older too :shrugs:

I mean, I don't feel like when I was 13 and all that magic is gone for me. Not sure if it's them or me. Probably it's the both of us.

I am a gunner, will always be, but I can't replicate my feelings from the 90s just like they can't replicate their performances from the 80s and 90s either.

If Axl and co. don't feel cool about singing 30 years old songs that is entirely their own fault. They chose to be stuck in time. To go different ways and to not increase their catalogue. If they had newer songs that would represent who they are now in their 50s, I'm sure they'd feel more comfortable performing them. But that is their choice to ride on nostalgia, so I'm not going to justify or defend their asses in that regards. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing kamikaze-performing Axl from 80s would be interesting, for sure, but I don`t think it would be something that is sustainable; Axl had to learn to perform without hurting himself; like, entertainment value of that much powerful stuff, okay, but no one is meant to go onstage so intense to get hurt. One of most amazing things I`ve witnessed was Axl`s ability to switch off and on again really intense emotions, he has control over them now.  Which means no longer truly angry (young) man carying vibe of the song long after the show has ended.

Still, Axl can reach level of honesty authenticity which is rare even in top performers and if he`s not worried, he really can connect with moments which were there, when he wrote certain songs, to mention live Estranged, I was gazing to a moment which was borderline real because of the authenticity. I believed it all by heart, brains might have screamed in the backdrop that it`s just an ageing man, he wasn`t. He was exactly 28.

Most of the audience goes to the show to see the legendary band while they are accessible, they go to sing along Sweet child and KOHD and go bananas during WTTJ. As I see them roaming the stage, authentic music describing current state of their souls, dominantly Axl, could eventually be disappointment for many. Time of rock`n`roll as a major force in counterculture is over, enjoy residues (you may but may not bring your lactose-free, gluten-free, raw, vegan, local sourced, hand crafted bites with you). No Stones, no Guns can change it now, new kids are not coming.

I have my Stones ticket and I`m going to see an original band performing stuff which shares birth year with Slash and it`s Satisfaction. 

You can`t always get what you want, they saidbut if you try sometimes, you`ll get what you need.

Edited by Alja
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that instead of complaining over and over again and demanding the glory of the past which is kinda impossible why not try and widening your(everyone's) musical horizons by listening to some other bands old or more contemporary? As Axl has said to an interview been stuck to a thing (he was referring to Dark side of the moon) allienates you somehow after a while... I Will always consider him as person an artist that brings or has brought mental challenges... Btw I find Muse and Arctic Monkeys very interesting bands....

Edited by Lillie
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t really listen to GnR that much really. :lol:

The reason why I’m comparing their sound and performance to the old days is due to no other music, no development, no evolvement. There isn’t anything else to relate to than the the old stuff. Of course a singer can’t have the same sound and impact after 30 years. No one is expecting that.

Anyway, no footie talk? Unfair! I’m drunk, happy and can’t get no sleep. :lol:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Anyway, no footie talk? Unfair! I’m drunk, happy and can’t get no sleep. :lol:

I did not watch it because I've gone into depression :unsure: but please tell us about it!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha...Nah.. I wan't referring to any of you specifically.... I saw the conversation and it brought into my mind many others that are always complaining about the past stuff n how bands have sold out nowadays and why James Hetfield have short hair and how the voices of the dinosaurs suck and .... If I wanted to direct something to you or anyone else I would have quoted.... The sad thing is that music and the magic that includes has somehow faded nowadays in general.. Many reasons for it...We all feel a gap to some extend and want to fil it with new material but we somehow fail for some reasons.... Oh! And when I expressing my views like you the first thing that comes in mind is how I react...when it comes to music or art in general....I just try to fill the gap with other stuff and this leads me to refrain from further expectations.... Maybe the way that I said it seems aggressive but the last thing that I care about is internet arguments.... It is always the misunderstandings that  texting causes... 😃 I just shared my opinion and given a suggestion..... ☺

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, killuridols said:

I did not watch it because I've gone into depression :unsure: but please tell us about it!!

2:1 for Germany against Sweden.

Are you ok? What’s happening? :hug:

1 minute ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Congrats! Germany was awesome!!!!

Thank you. Well they made it last minute. ;) good enough for me :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

2:1 for Germany against Sweden.

Are you ok? What’s happening? :hug:

Congrats! Are we going to see each other in the final again? :wub:

I dont know. I woke up feeling weird like that. It is not uncommon in me... I am naturally depression prone... Im always up and down :facepalm:

13 minutes ago, Lillie said:

and how the voices of the dinosaurs suck and ....

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Congrats! Are we going to see each other in the final again? :wub:

I dont know. I woke up feeling weird like that. It is not uncommon in me... I am naturally depression prone... Im always up and down :facepalm:

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

Argentina and Germany in the final? Oo :facepalm: - the Argies would be so much into revenge...:nervous:. No, it would be absolutely great, I’d love that! :lol:

Sorry you’re feeling like that right now. Hope you have good strategies to fight it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Congrats! Are we going to see each other in the final again? :wub:

I dont know. I woke up feeling weird like that. It is not uncommon in me... I am naturally depression prone... Im always up and down :facepalm:

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

Yeah the Holy monsters😝 😁 Why  bother and give a shit about other bands?? They are not Metallica Maiden Sabbath Guns I do no care...Many people...I'm talking about this...

Just now, Lillie said:

Yeah the Holy monsters😝 😁 Why  bother and give a shit about other bands?? They are not Metallica Maiden Sabbath Guns I do no care...Many people...I'm talking about this...

Oops wrong quote 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Argentina and Germany in the final? Oo :facepalm: - the Argies would be so much into revenge...:nervous:. No, it would be absolutely great, I’d love that! :lol:

Sorry you’re feeling like that right now. Hope you have good strategies to fight it.

It would be great, but Argentina is a mess right now and their next rivals are the "green eagles" of Nigeria. Very though team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Argentina and Germany in the final? Oo :facepalm: - the Argies would be so much into revenge...:nervous:. No, it would be absolutely great, I’d love that! :lol:

Sorry you’re feeling like that right now. Hope you have good strategies to fight it.

We dont function well when we go into full Argie mode. That mix of Spanish and Italian in our bloods is bad, really bad for a high competition situation like this.

Look at what happened with Croatia. We completely lost it and I dont mean in the literal sense :lol:.... it was embarassing to get mad like that. Not to mention the fucking idiots who beat Croatian fans when the game ended :no:

So I guess it is better to be a fridge like the Germans :P. Robotic but to the point

We will see!

8 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

It would be great, but Argentina is a mess right now and their next rivals are the "green eagles" of Nigeria. Very though team.

Last WC we defeated Nigeria but I heard the only one who remains from that team is Musa :shrugs:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, killuridols said:

We dont function well when we go into full Argie mode. That mix of Spanish and Italian in our bloods is bad, really bad for a high competition situation like this.

Look at what happened with Croatia. We completely lost it and I dont mean in the literal sense :lol:.... it was embarassing to get mad like that. Not to mention the fucking idiots who beat Croatian fans when the game ended :no:

So I guess it is better to be a fridge like the Germans :P. Robotic but to the point

We will see!

Last WC we defeated Nigeria but I heard the only one who remains from that team is Musa :shrugs:

Oh thanks. :D It’s true though. :rofl-lol: There’s this german comedian who explained the german football strategy in one of his sketches. Which is walking the field like brainless idiots without body control, only shooting straight, boring shots into nothingness, not getting anything, not being strategic or inventive but winning by accident in the end. You should see him act it out. I’m dying when I see it.

I remember the match Germany-Argentina from 2006. There was a lot of emotions and fighting going on, also between the players. One of the German players got suspended which cost us the next match because we lost it against Italy. That match against Argentina was so hard. 2 times Penalty in the end. Nerv wracking for everybody. But ultimately great when your team wins. ;) lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Oh thanks. :D It’s true though. :rofl-lol: There’s this german comedian who explained the german football strategy in one of his sketches. Which is walking the field like brainless idiots without body control, only shooting straight, boring shots into nothingness, not getting anything, not being strategic or inventive but winning by accident in the end. You should see him act it out. I’m dying when I see it.

I remember the match Germany-Argentina from 2006. There was a lot of emotions and fighting going on, also between the players. One of the German players got suspended which cost us the next match because we lost it against Italy. That match against Argentina was so hard. 2 times Penalty in the end. Nerv wracking for everybody. But ultimately great when your team wins. ;) lol 

I think there are many memes and tweets around the Internet now, mocking the way Germany plays :ph34r:

@Andy14 showed me one :smiley-confused2:

Honestly, I dont want the Argies getting nasty because when they do they really fucked up. Especially Messi, he loses his mind and gets a yellow card just for acting like an asshole, in spite of his character being mostly like a priest :lol:

He is a wolf in a lamb disguise when he loses his temper so nope... Germans better keep it freezing cold or we will have a massacre :facepalm:

OH MY GOD, I am projecting too much!!! Who the fuck told me I am in the final already? :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, killuridols said:

I think there are many memes and tweets around the Internet now, mocking the way Germany plays :ph34r:

@Andy14 showed me one :smiley-confused2:

Honestly, I dont want the Argies getting nasty because when they do they really fucked up. Especially Messi, he loses his mind and gets a yellow card just for acting like an asshole, in spite of his character being mostly like a priest :lol:

He is a wolf in a lamb disguise when he loses his temper so nope... Germans better keep it freezing cold or we will have a massacre :facepalm:

OH MY GOD, I am projecting too much!!! Who the fuck told me I am in the final already? :lol:

LOL! FINALEEE ohooo! Maybe you can tell the future. ;)

The bolded: show me! I love to see them. :lol:

EDIT: because it’s so pretty :D

 

Edited by Tori72

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×