GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

I ve so much work that I don t have time to post a long review . so here s a short one. I have been to Leipzig and chorzow. I preferred the Leipzig show cause we were front row and I got a guitar pic from richard 🤗

The show in Chorzow was longer but being in 2 nd row and having not caught the Pic Duff threw to me 😭😭 it was not as good as Leipzig. Music wise both shows were great with Axl and everybody else in good mood and joking a lot. I noticed that Duff sneaks to melissa during an intro or solo where he is not needed and he ate her candy 😁

I was very happy to have seen them again on this leg and they still got everything it needs to make people fall on love with their music and themselves. So I am sad that for a long time I wont see them. The weekend was great and I had a lot of fun with my GNR friend @EricA

and Axl saw the shirt I showed him in Leipzig and smiled. 3 seconds later Gio grabbed it... 

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

1 minute ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

No, I mean in @Alja review. 

Ok, hadn’t read that. Did now until the first few lines. I reported that. That is so not on, so disrespectful, so cynical, so ignorant, I’m truly shocked. That is never ok for saying that. Thanks for pointing it out, Spidey.

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, Ratam said:

I not read this part❓ seem she after edited this post❓

She compared lining up for a rock concert and getting a number written on her hand to “fucking Auschwitz” 

And then has gone on some weird rant about some other shit because I thought she should know better than that :shrugs:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

She compared lining up for a rock concert and getting a number written on her hand to “fucking Auschwitz” 

For someone who blindly follows Axl Rose, it makes sense.

Remember when he ignorantly compared the youth in Indiana to Auschwitz, in the early 90s? So probably this clown was trying to come up with the same ignorant comparison, since she thinks Axl and her are "soul mates" :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Just now, killuridols said:

For someone who blindly follows Axl Rose, it makes sense.

Remember when he ignorantly compared the youth in Indiana to Auschwitz, in the early 90s? So probably this clown was trying to come up with the same ignorant comparison, since she thinks Axl and her are "soul mates" :rolleyes:

Yes, his comment was just as pathetic too. Inexcusable as well. 

Didn’t like lining up to get a number without explanation - but you are free to leave any time you like... wtf :lol:

• Like 1

Just now, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Didn’t like lining up to get a number without explanation - but you are free to leave any time you like... wtf :lol:

Yes. And also, you are lining up to something you CHOSE to do, for a show you want to see, for something you enjoy and chose with total freedom, and yes, like you said, can leave at any time you want.

Obviously, she lives everything with such anger that all she could think about was comparing her trivial and shallow situation to that of millions whowere forced to line up for their death :facepalm:

Im not sure this is ignorance. This is plain malice. Something really evil.

• Like 1

Don't you think you're all blowing it up? It was in poor taste, but this contest of who's had a worse life or who's ignorant or evil is ridiculous. Most people on here don't know each other in real life, so maybe it's best to leave the personal stuff out of it or quit assuming anyone knows what everyone else has been through.

It was in poor taste, people who were offended have vented about it, it has been adjusted and if you really can't stand each other, just ignore each other and move on.

Not picking anyone's side here, btw.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for the reports. I see the comments in the original post have been removed. 

1 hour ago, Lio said:

It was in poor taste, people who were offended have vented about it, it has been adjusted and if you really can't stand each other, just ignore each other and move on.

I think what Lio says is good advice to avoid the thread being fully derailed. Thanks

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Thanks for commenting. Though I must say I’m disappointed with the outcome. Poor taste is white socks in sandals. Ignorant and hateful comments like that one and then later on attacking those people who called her out and reported it, is something else to me. I’m very careful with hateful comments, might the be racist, sexist, anti-semite or other. I think we all should be. Especially when the person who uttered it doesn’t show any signs of understanding or self-criticism.

Totally agree!

What is the message that we are sending here? That you can make comments like that and everybody has to HUSH HUSH because it is better to be silent than to shake the status quo?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tori72 said:

Thanks for commenting. Though I must say I’m disappointed with the outcome. Poor taste is white socks in sandals. Ignorant and hateful comments like that one and then later on attacking those people who called her out and reported it, is something else to me. I’m very careful with hateful comments, might the be racist, sexist, anti-semite or other. I think we all should be. Especially when the person who uttered it doesn’t show any signs of understanding or self-criticism.

But why did you call out ppl who liked her post? 

17 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

I understand Tori although I haven't seen the actual comments because they were deleted before I got the report.

@Aljaisn't helping herself by doubling down on the comments rather than apologising for the obvious offence caused.

However I stand by not wanting the thread to turn into pages of angry argument that will undoubtably turn very personal.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, killuridols said:

She didn't. All she said is that it was evident for all of us, except those who liked her post, that making that comparison was an ignorant move.

Ppl who liked her post arent blind. We all saw what she wrote. Comparision which she used wasn’t right one, but everything else was great, because it was her point of view and her feeling about the concert. That is the reason why i liked her post, and other ppl, im sure did too.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Politania said:

Ppl who liked her post arent blind. We all saw what she wrote. Comparision which she used wasn’t right one, but everything else was great, because it was her point of view and her feeling about the concert. That is the reason why i liked her post, and other ppl, im sure did too.

Ok.

35 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Totally agree!

What is the message that we are sending here? That you can make comments like that and everybody has to HUSH HUSH because it is better to be silent than to shake the status quo?

There is song that has line that says, sometimes the best way to say something is to say nothing at all. So in a sense, yes. Because if we don’t feed negativity it doesn’t have a chance to escalate.