GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

That moment when you realize that everything you thought was real, it wasn't....

Let me introduce to you this odd 2018 chat between Courtney Love and the son of Stephanie Seymour.... yeah, that same Stephanie she once insulted at some famous music awards, when they were young and pretentious 🙄🙄🙄

20180803_223603.thumb.png.d978d20c2eda61c1d86c60dab397a431.png

20180803_223523.thumb.png.84bb89a5e6e9a6a5bf4985efc97062fb.png

Life has a funny funny way... of sneaking up on you...

Edited by killuridols

3 hours ago, killuridols said:

That moment when you realize that everything you thought was real, it wasn't....

Let me introduce to you this odd 2018 chat between Courtney Love and the son of Stephanie Seymour.... yeah, that same Stephanie she once insulted at some famous music awards, when they were young and pretentious 🙄🙄🙄

Hi this sounds interesting. Would love to hear more about it like what cl said.

Edited by Jodee

4 hours ago, killuridols said:

I can’t help myself liking Courtney in a weird way. Don’t know Stephanie’s pic though. I doubt there’s anything feminist about it. Neither Avedon nor Stephanie are.

6 hours ago, Tori72 said:

I can’t help myself liking Courtney in a weird way. Don’t know Stephanie’s pic though. I doubt there’s anything feminist about it. Neither Avedon nor Stephanie are.

Yeah, Courtney is cool but I'm baffled about her liking/admiring Stephanie knowing what happened in 1992?

Was it all staged or what? I dont know what to think anymore. These people are so fucking weird!

I'd love to see the picture though.... What are they talking about and what is Avedon?

26 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Yeah, Courtney is cool but I'm baffled about her liking/admiring Stephanie knowing what happened in 1992?

Was it all staged or what? I dont know what to think anymore. These people are so fucking weird!

I'd love to see the picture though.... What are they talking about and what is Avedon?

It’s a long time ago. Why would she care now? Why do you care now? It would be stupid and little of Courtney to still care, imo. :shrugs:

I searched for the pic and I don’t get why Courtney considered it feminist. 

2 hours ago, Tori72 said:

It’s a long time ago. Why would she care now? Why do you care now? It would be stupid and little of Courtney to still care, imo. :shrugs:

I searched for the pic and I don’t get why Courtney considered it feminist. 

But the story seems to take place some years ago, not now. The son says when he first met Courtney.

I dont know.... I'm not sure the word is "caring" in my case. It's just a comment, dont get worked out.

---

The cat impersonating Axl on Twitter just tweeted, lol

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, killuridols said:

But the story seems to take place some years ago, not now. The son says when he first met Courtney.

I dont know.... I'm not sure the word is "caring" in my case. It's just a comment, dont get worked out.

---

The cat impersonating Axl on Twitter just tweeted, lol

This is the official response to the Alfred/WFA/Mojo whoeverthefuck saga. Hey, better than nothing, thank you Dexter! :lol:

(Dexter is better than Whiskey..:max:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 04/08/2018 at 8:45 AM, killuridols said:

Courtney Love these days has turned mellow

11 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

There's a GnR tribute band playing this weekend in my city; should I go?

No! :lol:

9 hours ago, wildhorses said:

This is the photo CL was referencing-

11660501-BAB0-4E70-88CC-913E6763C78A.jpeg

Wow! Thank you! :wow:

It totally makes sense what she said and what the brat said, lol.

:lol:

4 hours ago, janrichmond said:

I’ve seen a few GnR tribute bands and they can be a good laugh, just don’t expect too much 😃

Yeah I've seen good ones and bad ones. This one is ok. Singer isn't close enough to Axl though.

This one is the best though:  

Um... Maybe because it's unshaved? Like she somehow encourages women to be a little more natural and not to worry about it that much? Like look at me I am a supermodel and yet I'm not that perfect angel of beauty that they sell you... I embrace my nature... I don't do forced shaving all the time....

She poses as diligently untidy...

So I guess Courtney Love implies something similar to this...Cause ,yes an unshaved woman body is and always been a taboo it's like men are cool to be as much hairy as they please cause it's natural and no one made them ever feel ashamed of it....But dare to be a woman and leave your legs your armpits and your privates unshaved.... Like it's something you choose,to have hair ....like it isn't in your nature too....Well... maybe it's a light subject in comparison with others that women have fought for..but beauty stereotypes is always on the feministic agenda and the following force to be like this or that or get to the trash bin by any means ... no brains, no other personality traits matter for shit if you aren't a dolly as they like you to be...

But she didn't start a campaign...Also...demi shaved vagina was a trend in 90's...Many others have demonstrated it...And it's just a sexy pic after all...So even if her untamed style and sight could imply something like" yes I dare" ,when it comes from a person that was an idol of beauty stereotypes,then I'm afraid that the message Courtney may have in mind ,gets lost....

But of course it's only my POV,she could mean anything rather that that... 

I saw somewhere a commercial of a ....I don't remember the brand right now ...new campaign of shaving products in which models are like average women and they demonstrate their hairy parts... And the motto is something like if you want and whenever you feel like you could try them.... Yeah, pretty cool message but you have no choice gal...we all know it...

Edited by Lillie
  • Like 1

If I knew the year this picture was taken and in which magazine it was published, I think I could say something more elaborated about it, but just from watching the picture I can feel it is not a "normal" Stephanie pic or supermodel photo.

She is looking pretty "gothic", with that dark shadow make up, the hair, the dress and the pose, gives me a vibe of darkness, depression, carelessness and showing her unshaved vagina also sends a message, I agree with @Lillie here about that.

Stephanie has always been associated (unfortunately) to 'November Rain', Axl Rose and Victoria's Secret but when you check some of her less known work, she comes out as an extraordinaire model, with incredible poses only a model of her estature (in all senses) could make. She was bold and provocative.

• Like 1