GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

1 hour ago, MaskingApathy said:

In the classic rock interview Slash said it wasn't true. I believe the quote was "Mick doesn't know shit" or something like that. Basically Meegan and Erin had nothing to do with putting the reunion together.

Where can I read that interview? Please show me.

1 hour ago, MaskingApathy said:

They're trying to protect themselves because they've had problems with the media before. Lots of other celebrities and other people ask them to sign contracts before interviews and stuff.

They have problems with themselves. They don't have the balls to pick a phone and fix stuff like adult people do. They just have to blame someone else because they don't have the balls to blame themselves.

Two decades of miscommunication was nothing but Axl and Slash fault.

• Like 1

Aww @dgnr that's a beautiful pic of Slash and baby London :wub:

But I just read about Perla and him arguing over a drum set that London needs to have at his mom's home and Slash don't want to buy :unsure:

Poor kids, it sucks they have to see their parents fighting like this!

Pic of Axl and children: I think we've discussed this before in the old WT. if I remember correctly, those kids are the children of some guy who sold antiques to Axl because he is wearing the same clothes from other picture where he's sitting at a desk full of crucifixes. Axl is a fan of that, don't know why.

And LOL at picture number 3 :lol:..... It reminded me of this meme gone viral!:facepalm:

gettyimages-493656728.jpg

• Haha 1

On 8/31/2018 at 12:30 AM, killuridols said:

What the fuck is this? :suspicious:

Slash Has Reporter Sign Bizarre Contract For Interview

“There are people who are worried about our conversation. Before I can speak to Slash I have to sign a contract that says that if anything goes wrong – if some kind of shit hits the fan because of what I write – and GN’R lose money, then Classic Rock carries the can. This is no small thing when you’re dealing with the fourth biggest earning tour of all time.

There is paranoia around. The Not In This Lifetime tour took a lifetime to put together, and no one wants to be the one to fuck it up. You might not have noticed, but Guns N’ Roses haven’t really talked to anyone since they re-formed. They haven’t done an interview.”

:crazy:

On 8/31/2018 at 12:43 AM, dgnr said:

Is this even real? :facepalm::facepalm: This fuckin band...This kind of shit has Axl and TB written all over it. Look at this level of paranoia - it's just a band, not national security :crazy:

Holy fuck :facepalm:

It's...expected.

Things like this makes me wish something bizarre happen to TB that they just, dead...I don't know. Anything to make Axl has to become deer in headlights, for the sake of his own life, and GN'R too maybe.

5 hours ago, Tori72 said:

Hey girls and boys! Found this on Facebook for ya. :rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

tumblr_pdszab94JH1sqpw72_540.jpg

Yep, this still scares the sh*t out of local security :rofl-lol:.

I've seen Gio allow many things forbidden by locals, and, after all, Axl decides, what can stay and what has to go down. Properly working security it is.

On 2. 9. 2018 at 5:58 PM, tifalucis said:

Holy fuck :facepalm:

It's...expected.

Things like this makes me wish something bizarre happen to TB that they just, dead...I don't know. Anything to make Axl has to become deer in headlights, for the sake of his own life, and GN'R too maybe.

I think it's totally okay to express some frustration, like... exploring the possibilities... death is inevitable and clear changing event, so why not to be a bit dramatic? People keeping the lid on are far more dangerous. As far as I know, everyone of us will die one fine day and wishes and other's scenarios usually have nothing with it. 

Now, imagine Axl stepping in in some notoriously smoothly working band, working under their management like... AC/DC... What you get? Like... few interviews exploring why this happened at the beginning of the tour and then... radio silence. To add, after that China Exchange presenter experience... Slash also enjoyed not doing interviews while they let the music do the talking, too. Axl ain't no rag doll and he makes his own decisions (he can surprise if he wants to), like it or not. 

I went through interview with Mila Kunis recently and she talked about that if you want to survive in Hollywood, you have to keep private things private. People like to see you rise, but are much more fascinated with downfall. Why to feed scavengers?

Edited by Alja
  • Like 3

This is interesting about GNR and culture, Elizabeth Moss is great

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2018/09/elisabeth-moss-her-smell-poster-toronto-film-festival

With his lead locked, Perry found inspiration for Her Smell (more on that evocative title later) in an unlikely culture coupling: Guns N’ Roses and Shakespeare. Perry caught the rockers on their Not in This Lifetime . . . tour the same summer that he saw stage productions of The Merchant of Venice and Hamlet. “I started thinking about grand epic tragedies,” he said, “and grand epic personalities in the rock world. By the end of that summer, I knew exactly what the movie was.”

Perry researched the intimate dynamics of Guns N’ Roses—reading “everything I could get my hands on about Axl Rose and Slash’s relationship, and the way that Duff [McKagan] was kind of brought back into the reunion as well. That kind of trio of personalities interested me.”

Though Moss is not a Guns N’ Roses fan herself, Perry said, “she could appreciate the hugeness of Axl, and me writing a character like Becky who is every inch the decadent, abusive male-chauvinist rock-star ego . . . with no concessions made to gender whatsoever. That excited her.”

• Like 2