GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

On 9/5/2018 at 12:36 PM, Georgina Arriaga said:

https://www.laweekly.com/music/slash-is-still-living-the-dream-9798219

The part about GNR new music is very hopeful:headbang:

Great interview! Love the photos too.

1 hour ago, dgnr said:

I don't know about you, but I'm literally screaming :headbang::slash:

Hope you all can go! One week and a day until my show!

• Like 1

I’m happy for all of you who’re happy about Slash touring. Really am :hug: Hope you’ll all have a great show.

I already wondered about the venues and security. If it is only 35 Euro? For real? Wouldn’t that be venues with fans really close to the stage? If I was Slash I’d be scared about the crazies....

58 minutes ago, dgnr said:

About the venue, it's indeed a small venue, but it's safe. It's a recent venue, it has about 10 years and the accesses are great- there's a lot of shows happening there. Plus, iit's a beautiful venue, everyone loves to play there. I've always wanted to attend a show there and I'm glad it will be Slash's :wub:

mw-860

Looks Russian?? Hah :P

Is it really 10 years old? That type of architecture looks like old style, don't know.... Very pretty, nonetheless ... :wub:

5 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Looks Russian?? Hah :P

Is it really 10 years old? That type of architecture looks like old style, don't know.... Very pretty, nonetheless ... :wub:

I know!! But it's from classic and arabic inspiration actually :P 

It actually has more than 100 years, but it was hugely rebuilt like 10 years ago and they kept the façade. It has always been a bullring (don't get me started on why we still have this stupid shit going on in Portugal, cause I will be very, very mad :vomit:), but with the works of 10 years ago they also made it available as a concert venue and there's more concerts happening there than bullfights. With the rebuilt new accesses were added and new facilities also - it has a shopping and a cinema and all :P 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, dgnr said:

I know!! But it's from classic and arabic inspiration actually :P 

It actually has more than 100 years, but it was hugely rebuilt like 10 years ago and they kept the façade. It has always been a bullring (don't get me started on why we still have this stupid shit going on in Portugal, cause I will be very, very mad :vomit:), but with the works of 10 years ago they also made it available as a concert venue and there's more concerts happening there than bullfights. With the rebuilt new accesses were added and new facilities also - it has a shopping and a cinema and all :P 

Oh. Okay I get it now!! :headbang:

It's really beautiful and yeah, we have that thing going here too.... repairing the facade of old buildings, keeping them intact but remodeling inside..... I love you turned it into a venue for music but the shopping mall part sucks :lol:... I mean, they do that here too! you see a beautiful building on the outside and then you ask what is it and they say "it's a shopping mall"... and you be like, "huh?" :facepalm:...... CRAPITALISM!!! :bitchfight:

Argh, bullfights, they are awful... I love Spain but that side of them I can't take.... it happens in Mexico too.... then they complain when a bull hurts them to death, assholes.... it really enrages me :max:

• Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1

8 hours ago, killuridols said:

Argh, bullfights, they are awful... I love Spain but that side of them I can't take.... it happens in Mexico too.... then they complain when a bull hurts them to death, assholes.... it really enrages me :max:

Fucking hate that:fuckyou: I detest animal cruelty

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

40 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

Fucking hate that:fuckyou: I detest animal cruelty

YES! I maddens me so much that I live in a country where it is considered a cultural product. Hell, it's even on TV on some summer evenings. Most of old people just love it, they consider it art and a huge part of portuguese culture and tradition (these are the arguments they use :fuckyou:)...Fuckin psychos:vomit:A few months ago the portuguese parliament rejected a proposal that wanted to abolish this shit forever, I still can't fuckin believe it. I'm always signing all kind of petitions to get it again to the parliament or at least to take it way from the public TV. Hopefully mentalities are changing and this cruelty will be over forever in a few years!!

Edited by dgnr
  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 2

I think most countries have a tradition which involves animal cruelty:fuckyou:

We had fox hunting which is abhorrent, i understand they are considered a nuisance by farmers but there is absolutely no need for this barbaric 'sport' Thankfully it was banned over 10 years ago. The upper classes (Lords and Ladies etc) keep trying to get it unbanned. It was mainly an upperclass tradition. Wankers.

• Sad 3

50 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

I think most countries have a tradition which involves animal cruelty:fuckyou:

We had fox hunting which is abhorrent, i understand they are considered a nuisance by farmers but there is absolutely no need for this barbaric 'sport' Thankfully it was banned over 10 years ago. The upper classes (Lords and Ladies etc) keep trying to get it unbanned. It was mainly an upperclass tradition. Wankers.

They nearly got to vote on bringing it back too. Theresa May fully supports fox hunting, good job the tories were a disaster at that election and she found out just how deeply unpopular she is or it’d be back by now. 

The Tory witch. 

• Like 1