GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

2 hours ago, killuridols said:

Geez.... this pic would be awesome IF:

- Kat wouldnt have cut Slash out of the frame :max:

- Kat wouldnt have cut Axl's neck with Photoshop :facepalm: :facepalm:

And lol the same pic posted on Facebook with the comments, hahaha :lol:

I agree about cutting Slash....who the fuck wants to see Nando and Vannessa's backs? We want to see Axl and Slash smiling at each other

I think the scarf is the thing in his neck...Nothing he uses combines

Edited by Georgina Arriaga

9 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

I agree about cutting Slash....who the fuck wants to see Nando and Vannessa's backs? We want to see Axl and Slash smiling at each other

I think the scarf is the thing in his neck...Nothing he uses combines

Exactly!! Goes to show who she sucks up to... :max:

Picture is out of focus. Slash is totally cut and we got those two nobodies that most fans don't know who they are and don't care to know. And a black and white filter to cover imperfections like bad light and bad focus.

Also, there's too much black going on as to saturate it with more darkness :facepalm:

Dp-hgwKU4AAHwXJ.jpg

Before dissing Kat once again try a closer look, there is an object left down, most probably car, she couldn't go further to the left to get Slash into the picture. Most probably Kat was just passing around and saw an opportunity to take a quickie. 

Axl slouches, and, as he aged, his shoulder muscles went more robust, he is not long-necked skinny youngster anymore. So it became kinda difficult to get a photo with him having long neck. He must have had been aware of photographying and slightly pose with chin up and without that scarf, but it's quickie, after all...

Photo is then contrasted (nothing you couldn't do in old-school lightroom) and selectively additionaly shaded a bit most probably, but not much.

Buy a ticket, go front row and try possibilities and your photo abilities, okay?

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

@Alja Give it a rest, the photo looks doctored. Kat is not a great photographer. If her work is posted then she must expect to be critiqued. 

i did.

I don't discuss if Kat is good or bad phothografher, i just agreed this photo to Kat she had obstruct her shot for Vanessa and Fernando presence , these was my point view, i want clear don't like white and black pics too.

11 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

i did.

Good for you!

I really like photographing, it makes me focus on different aspects of the show and personalities, I also use mine (raw) for a "reality reference" sometimes; the thing I really love on Kat's photos is her observing abilities and the relationship she can establish, the sense of people's flows; you can have thousands technically great, detailed, color overflowing photos with currently available technique, but few photographers have this ability to kind of catch the air around a person, also kind of make them look dignified; I am talking not just about GNR, but also other people in her portfolio. You cannot fake it or make it up in graphic program, it's how deeply someone allows the photographer to look inside. Those people are photographed by many, after all, but just few photographers can catch that sparkle. 

This one, when I look at it longer, that one also looks "resuscitated" from blur. It would look awful in colors. 

There's that charming smile that matters.

Still, it's not some anonymous model who you can doctor to the extent no one would recognize her on the street. As a pro, Kat has to maintain recognizable style, too. 

I don't love all her photos, of course, but most are good and some are of my very favorites.

By the way, there's other photographer with free pass, there are other photos apart from Kat's ones which could be done only from the gap between the stage and fans - I saw a man taking pictures there during my shows. They are standard good quality rock photos, but don't have that extra feeling Kat's ones often have. Guns din't have photo-pit like most other bands do for the tour, as far as I know. 

22 minutes ago, Lio said:

Kat is a shitty photographer with only boring black and white pics of the band. I've seen far better pics by fans from front row.

She is alsof the most photographed photographer ever :mellow:

If we're talking about privileged people in front of the rail, Jarmo does nice pics too. 

I agree...her pictures are boring and repetitive

• Like 3

I mean you can have your preferences photography wise and I really think Kat takes some good shots - to each their own. But she's an average photographer, c'mon. If there's anything her pics lack is soul. All this 'catch the air around a person', Kat doesn't have it. And this particular pic doesn't even look that it was taken by a professional - not in colour, composition, framework, balance or even focus. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 2

On 22/10/2018 at 7:36 AM, Tori72 said:

Maybe it is not Kat but the band. Boringness.-wise There aren’t any more together-times and smiles to take pics of. Aaaaalso Nando, Vanessa and a half-car are always around and all Kat can do is do a quick unfocused snap. Who knows? :awesomeface::shrugs:

I agree with this. I dont think she could say no the band as they are walking onstage " sorry guys can you lineup next to one another so i can take a quick snap" . I think she is trying to make do with whatever boring scenario the band present her with.

2 hours ago, Tori72 said:

Little hint... I was trying to be ironic. And funny. Sorry I failed

giphy.gif

There's so much German in you to be tamed! :P:smiley-confused2:

I wasn't contradicting what you said or even criticizing.... I agree the band is boring but I think a good creative non-lazy photographer can get a good photo out of those boring situations too.

And I don't even know why she thinks Vanesa and Fernando are a good frame for that picture, when you have Slash right next to Axl and Axl, as usual, is smiling to Slash direction :shrugs:

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, killuridols said:

There's so much German in you to be tamed! :P:smiley-confused2:

I wasn't contradicting what you said or even criticizing.... I agree the band is boring but I think a good creative non-lazy photographer can get a good photo out of those boring situations too.

And I don't even know why she thinks Vanesa and Fernando are a good frame for that picture, when you have Slash right next to Axl and Axl, as usual, is smiling to Slash direction :shrugs:

:lol: Now I really wanna know more about the German in me that needs taming! :popcorn:

Also, I know you weren’t contradiction me, you untamed Argiegirl! :awesomeface:

I felt a tiny bit misunderstood by the poster above your post. Also I was bored and thought I’d post some nonsense-post. 

13 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

:lol: Now I really wanna know more about the German in me that needs taming! :popcorn:

Also, I know you weren’t contradiction me, you untamed Argiegirl! :awesomeface:

I felt a tiny bit misunderstood by the poster above your post. Also I was bored and thought I’d post some nonsense-post. 

I can't explain it more substantially but it's something that I detect in your humor and way of expressing yourself that reminds me of all my beloved German philosophers/sociologists :lol:

8 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I can't explain it more substantially but it's something that I detect in your humor and way of expressing yourself that reminds me of all my beloved German philosophers/sociologists :lol:

Hahaha :lol: That sounds very flattering, thank you for that. - And yet I can feel there’s a sarcastic connotation to it. :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

I might not get what you see in that way expressing ourselves / myself. Like I’m blind to the things I’m being part of ...

Edited by Tori72