GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

I'm having mixed feelings on this subject............... Was the audience boo-ing when the show was stopped? Did some kind of riot begin? :question:

As far as I know, the audience took it pretty well :shrugs:. It is quite understandable that some people, or the majority of them, would be disappointed because you don't expect for a one time show thing to stop abruptly, unless it is some kind of inevitable disaster.

This is not the case, though. Axl was feeling sick and he warned the audience about it. He tried to offer the show for as long as he could. His effort is appreciated, but maybe it was not the best decision to be made. Or it could have been handled better. All in all, I'm not sure why there are so many people in this forum throwing insults at the Abhu-Dabhi audience and taking it so much to heart, as if Axl was their dad or something.

Whatever is posted on Twitter it is fucking irrelevant to this matter. Twitter is not the official voice of a concert crowd. Twitter does not represent a whole city, or country or even a group of people. Each person is responsible for what they say or tweet if they do it through their personal account. They can say whatever the hell they want. Doesn't Axl use Twitter to say whatever the hell he wants and the nutswingers are always fighting for his 'freedom of speech'??

It really bothers me to read some shit..... especially when the band themselves have thanked Abhu-Dabhi for being supportive, for giving Axl positive vibes to pull through, etc...... and here we have people in the forum talking shit about other people they don't even know.... I mean.... yeah, some of those tweets are pretty unfair and ill-intentioned but why give credit to those few assholes? They are a fucking minority and represent no one but themselves.

Hopefully Axl will be recovered for next show and this whole mess will be over and forgotten.
It's a drag to keep reading the preaching of the holier-than-thous.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I don’t think it’s really an unusual situation for long touring bands - James Hetfield tried to play through a show with a bad sore throat at the beginning of Metallica’s Hardwired tour, he ended up asking the crowd if they wanted to carry on or postpone, they carried on. I still read pissed off messages about that and the show the next day being cancelled because people wasted money on hotels and flights etc. 

Eddie Vedder collapsed and curled up behind an amp at a London PJ show last year - people moaned about that and the show the day after getting cancelled.

Pink and Fleetwood Mac pissed off their fans this year cancelling shows just before they were to start, people had travelled. 

I’m sure there are a ton more examples - these things happen and I don’t really give a fuck what people on Twitter say - but it was cool how much support Axl got from fans here, that was nice to read. 

Jimmy Page got food poisoned and threw behind amps until he wan't able to push the strings anymore and had to stop the show, so even demi-gods of rock'n'roll have to eat and are vulnerable.

Edited by Alja

People at SM can speak whatever  comes in their mind,SM make it easy...What bothers you may be smart, right and helpful for another one and vise versa...Unlike real life, in which we are bound to our frames(maybe heavy words may not, but i can't find better words right now) in SM we can spil our bile without second thoughts to completely strangers, troll mock, put some steam off, write by real quick prejudice, share thoughts, call it as you wish, the limits are vague often cause you don't see the other and you can interpret his mood and words freely and wrong sometimes... Just happens... Incidents are a food for thought, and unless you don't make it personal, which is completely silly, you can express your thoughts, i guess..., as politely as it may and if...(anybody can curse at any time but this is when you have to switch it off and go for some fresh air) :D Virtual enemies.. Meh...

To speak personally, Axl is no way my something, but as i said again, within his songs and some sayings, i've found a lot ..I don't care if He is called Axl Rose or whatever, and i am not the type of blind fan who would excuse everything....Far from this age anyway... I don't take by heart whatever they throw to him,have surely far more serious stuff to do.... he can handle his life, he has his well surroundings, but at the same time when emergency and duty called at the same time, he was the first responsible to pull the snake out of the hole...Had he passed out on the stage,i guess that many would have their fun today....cause i know how easy people grab popcorns at such situations then grab the keyboard and start ranting for the late incident and retrospectively...Their problem...Their cup of tea and cookies maybe...Their right surely...But with the right to express your thought comes the responsibility of your sayings, which no way can be real behind a keyboard and the ability to accept the opposite views as well,not agree, chameleons is the worst type of people imo... I personally like to hear different views but when i see that the other person can't see the forest because of some trees, not that i am able to see the whole forest always,... anyway i can't keep up with... Thankfully, i hope that we have the brains to choose with who we want to share opinions or not,up to some point.... I never let my fandom for anybody blind me nor my displeasure.... And some times i isolate the incident from it's subject whether is a message or something that happened... I don't care if it was Axl who was sick or anybody else, i see him as a person with flesh and blood, nothing more, nothing less.

Edited by Lillie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Showing support and ass kissing are two different things.

Do you mean ass kissing on this forum? What would be the point of that? :lol:

Isn't the point of ass kissing that the one whose ass you're kissing is actually around when you're kissing it? Seems futile to kiss someone's ass when they can't even hear you.

Bit sad you're calling it ass kissing when someone's just supportive, turning something positive into a negative again.

• Like 1

Just now, Lio said:

Do you mean ass kissing on this forum? What would be the point of that? :lol:

Isn't the point of ass kissing that the one whose ass you're kissing is actually around when you're kissing it? Seems futile to kiss someone's ass when they can't even hear you.

Yes, virtual ass kissing does exist and it's not futile.... I've seen people on Twitter ass kissing TB via Twitter, then getting free tickets and shit for shows. :shrugs:

2 minutes ago, Lio said:

Bit sad you're calling it ass kissing when someone's just supportive, turning something positive into a negative again.

I think I made it clear that showing support and ass kissing are two different things... :rolleyes:

Messages like "omg those fucking assholes at the show fuck them they should be thankful Axl played for them he should have canceled and leave them hanging" or "stupid people over twitter complaining about their show they dont even like the band, they got a free show and still complain" :question:

Wow, what a support....

1 minute ago, Lio said:

I'm not on Twitter, but yes, I can imagine that. But then you're interacting with the person, be it Fernando or Meegan or whoever. But on this forum? Let's be real. Chances of anyone getting anything for posting something positive on this forum must be extremely slim. I'm sure people aren't expecting party passes if they post a positive thing. So that's why it isn't ass kissing. People are just showing support, or even just expressing their opinion (everyone in their own way), not kissing ass.

Maybe we have different interpretations of the expression. That's it.

Totally a non-debate.

9 minutes ago, Lio said:

I'm not on Twitter, but yes, I can imagine that. But then you're interacting with the person, be it Fernando or Meegan or whoever. But on this forum? Let's be real. Chances of anyone getting anything for posting something positive on this forum must be extremely slim. I'm sure people aren't expecting party passes if they post a positive thing. So that's why it isn't ass kissing. People are just showing support, or even just expressing their opinion (everyone in their own way), not kissing ass.

👏👏

There are people that say you have to be thankful cause you simply saw them(whoever band) live! People who would die or kill the other in front of them just to have a place in front...Yes those are fanatics for me..And i think teenagers most do it...or if adults then i stfu cause it overcomes my logic... As i said i isolate music from their creators often cause at the bottom line this is the timeless product that stands out... Humans can fail, at any given time...But at the same time human are the ones who keep it alive...the cost is up to their shoulders... What i dislike is bitcing over and over again...But then again, this is the prise, i guess... @Lio People who write here can be the same time those who rumbling at Twitter for whatever their reasons.. :shrugs:. I just think that this forum offers a wider chance for elaborating,endlessly,really further,sometimes.. Not a bad thing, for those who can keep it up, and of course a matter of choice to decide when to stop, up to a point or to take personal offense or throw and start marathons with completely strangers....Some may find some kind of solace at it, i don't know....But for me after a while looks like chasing your shadows(both sides of arguing) cause what's the point? How can the opinion of others towards Axl can affect yoU? iT'S MADNESS... You just say your thing, Blah blah a little if the climate is fertile, and goodbye...It's up to you, me , anyone....People won't stop being mean, regardless....A twisted fun...

Edited by Lillie

47 minutes ago, dgnr said:

Is there anybody who doesn't love that song? :nervous:

I have no clue what song he's talking about and I don't understand the joke :unsure:

I'm always baffled that you all seem to be quite older than me but that ain't possible because I'm really old... so.... It must be just my plain ignorance :facepalm:

• GNFNR 1

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

I have no clue what song he's talking about and I don't understand the joke :unsure:

I'm always baffled that you all seem to be quite older than me but that ain't possible because I'm really old... so.... It must be just my plain ignorance :facepalm:

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Millenials were totally obsessed with it. awww, all the memes about it, they gave me life, so #dope :lol: Give it a read:

https://nypost.com/2018/02/01/totos-africa-is-somehow-a-millennial-frat-anthem-and-the-band-is-boggled/ 

hA44B00F9

:P 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I’m much too old to be a Millenial. :P Even though Africa was already old when I got into my popsong days. (It got released in 82 and even I wasn’t a teenager back then.) Still up to my days that song has been gotten so overplayed, especially by those guys who wanted to show girls their „soft side“. Hahaha. Every girl I knew could see right through it :rofl-lol: and she was internally :facepalm:.