GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

39 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

OMG, Niven again. :rofl-lol:

He must be a follower of some occult pagan belief or something.  How can someone get off about a song like Highway to Hell and take it THAT literally? It’s just a rock n roll song! What the heck did Niven think he was doing with Guns in the 80s? Advocating rape? I mean when he takes some Highway to hell literally I wonder why not „It’ so easy“ or the album cover?  lol :facepalm:

This is the thing - he keeps mentioning that song Night Prowler and the guy who went around raping and murdering women saying AC/DC made him do it... but then what about UTLH and the guy who recently it was reported he listened to UTLH before he killed his girlfriend... ? 

And past controversies, I really don’t think you can compare AC/DC to that of GNRs, much of which Niven admits to encouraging because it sold records and built the myth. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Lio said:

Americans are so odd. Anyone who would say stuff like that here, would be regarded as a nutter. Not saying all Americans are like that, obviously. But you would never hear stuff like that here.

I don’t know why he would’ve wanted to book GNR to tour with AC/DC - then AC/DC told them to get lost after Axl’s behaviour - sooooooo he booked them to play with... Iron Maiden! :wow: 666 Number of the Beast lol!!! 

I think Niven is from New Zealand and not American but still... it’s really weird.

And yes, that side of Americans is odd to us - when I went to Disneyland in Paris there were some Americans there talking really loudly about how odd us Europeans are :lol: and how we don’t like to spend money on anything and we’re all very miserable looking - like nobody in Europe understands English! 

They were oblivious to the fact everyone could tell exactly what they were saying! :lol:

The Americans I met in New York were very cool though, love NY :heart:

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I don’t know why he would’ve wanted to book GNR to tour with AC/DC - then AC/DC told them to get lost after Axl’s behaviour - sooooooo he booked them to play with... Iron Maiden! :wow: 666 Number of the Beast lol!!! 

I think Niven is from New Zealand and not American but still... it’s really weird.

And yes, that side of Americans is odd to us - when I went to Disneyland in Paris there were some Americans there talking really loudly about how odd us Europeans are :lol: and how we don’t like to spend money on anything and we’re all very miserable looking - like nobody in Europe understands English! 

They were oblivious to the fact everyone could tell exactly what they were saying! :lol:

The Americans I met in New York were very cool though, love NY :heart:

:lol: I stand corrected about Niven then. New Zealand of course has many nutters too, don't they, @Oldest Goat:P

Niven just sounds very bitter and not really consistent, with all the AC/DC and Iron Maiden stuff.

It's funny, those cultural differences.

So arrogant, those Americans in Disneyland. I wonder how many languages they spoke. And, btw, going to Disneyland when they're in Paris/Europe :rofl-lol: Perhaps they were getting homesick. It's like Belgians traveling to New York and then eating at a Belgian restaurant. (You can insert any nationality, of course.) Seems really odd to me.

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Does Niven have a New Zealand accent to you, native speakers? Because to me he does not. He sounds like some forced British accent to me. I thought he was American trying to sound „British".

Oh true, I completely forgot about that. I thought he was British. Well, whatever he is, he seems Americanized with all that nonsense :lol:

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Does Niven have a New Zealand accent to you, native speakers? Because to me he does not. He sounds like some forced British accent to me. I thought he was American trying to sound „British".

I never noticed that before but he totally does try and force an English accent! A silly middle class accent like this:

Why would you :lol:

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I never noticed that before but he totally does try and force an English accent! A silly middle class accent like this:

Why would you :lol:

YES EXACTLY! Ahahaha. That’s what I heard. I’m glad I wasn’t making it up and he sounds „britishised“ (is that a word? If not I want the credits :lol:). Why not middle class, @MillionsOfSpiders? I mean, would you want to sound like royal family? lol What is a nice british accent to you? I liked Richard E. Grant's accent while living in the UK but I think he sounds like a snob a bit, doesn’t he? lol

Edited by Tori72
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tori72 said:

YES EXACTLY! Ahahaha. That’s what I heard. I’m glad I wasn’t making it up and he sounds „britishised“ (is that a word? If not I want the credits :lol:). Why not middle class, @MillionsOfSpiders? I mean, would you want to sound like royal family? lol What is a nice british accent to you? I liked Richard E. Grant's accent while living in the UK but I think he sounds like a snob a bit, doesn’t he? lol

It’s because to me he doesn’t sound like he is from anywhere in the UK specifically. It’s a fake accent really, one that middle class people use because they’re sooo posh and soooo intelligent :lol:

No, I really wouldn’t want to sound like the Royal Family - that is such an absurd way of talking. 

A nice British accent to me, hmmmm, do we have any nice ones haha.. but I guess cockneys are fun to hear talking and I like the Manchester accent and of course South Yorkshire :heart: just a normal, down to earth accent, really.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

A nice British accent to me, hmmmm, do we have any nice ones haha.. but I guess cockneys are fun to hear talking and I like the Manchester accent and of course South Yorkshire :heart: just a normal, down to earth accent, really.

Not that I know a lot about british accents, but, YES!, Manchester accent :headbang: Put the Gallaghers just talking non-sense 24/7 for me and I'll be happy, such a sexy accent :drool::lol: I love how you can see a lot of 'Don't Look Back in Anger' performances from all over the world and the crowd never sings 'Anger' but 'Angha', so weird :P 

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

It’s because to me he doesn’t sound like he is from anywhere in the UK specifically. It’s a fake accent really, one that middle class people use because they’re sooo posh and soooo intelligent :lol:

No, I really wouldn’t want to sound like the Royal Family - that is such an absurd way of talking. 

I need a soundcloud with you speaking on it. ;) I know Oasis but I can’t understand a word Liam says and am not really sure if I  get the accent at all. lol

I remembered what accents I like: the London accent and the Scottish one because of Sam Heughan (yes, I’m watching Outlander :drool::lol:).

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

The nut in me girl is on the same plane home as Slash :lol: 

Who is that?

5 hours ago, Tori72 said:

OMG, Niven again. :rofl-lol:

He must be a follower of some occult pagan belief or something.  How can someone get off about a song like Highway to Hell and take it THAT literally? It’s just a rock n roll song! What the heck did Niven think he was doing with Guns in the 80s? Advocating rape? I mean when he takes some Highway to hell literally I wonder why not „It’ so easy“ or the album cover?  lol :facepalm:

Yeah that's the thing I don't get, because he didn't have any problem with any of that stuff back in the 80s. I think he's just using it as an excuse to criticize Axl.

4 hours ago, Tori72 said:

He's got some kind of accent, idk what it's supposed to be though. 

I like Michelle Dockery's voice in Downton Abbey.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tori72 said:

I need a soundcloud with you speaking on it. ;) I know Oasis but I can’t understand a word Liam says and am not really sure if I  get the accent at all. lol

I remembered what accents I like: the London accent and the Scottish one because of Sam Heughan (yes, I’m watching Outlander :drool::lol:).

To hear my horrible accent? Nah :lol: A WT soundcloud would be fun!

2 hours ago, dgnr said:

Not that I know a lot about british accents, but, YES!, Manchester accent :headbang: Put the Gallaghers just talking non-sense 24/7 for me and I'll be happy, such a sexy accent :drool::lol: I love how you can see a lot of 'Don't Look Back in Anger' performances from all over the world and the crowd never sings 'Anger' but 'Angha', so weird :P 

They are hilarious!

:lol:

Have you seen the documentary Supersonic - it’s one of the best documentaries of a band I’ve ever seen. When they play The Whisky A Go Go for the first time ever and they couldn’t get through a song so Liam throws his tambourine - Noel’s face is the best thing :lol:

3 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Who is that?

Yeah that's the thing I don't get, because he didn't have any problem with any of that stuff back in the 80s. I think he's just using it as an excuse to criticize Axl.

He's got some kind of accent, idk what it's supposed to be though. 

I like Michelle Dockery's voice in Downton Abbey.

agreed he use wathever excuse to criticize Axl ,just for Axl , not much for AC/DC.

23 minutes ago, Ratam said:

agreed he use wathever excuse to criticize Axl ,just for Axl , not much for AC/DC.

I think Niven really doesn’t like Angus either.

In one interview I saw he talked of an Aussie band called The Angels that he managed and wrote songs for - he said they were overshadowed by AC/DC who had just started to take off... he thought The Angels were a much better band (of course lol) and he just seemed bitter that AC/DC went on to huge success whilst his band did not. It seemed like pure jealousy. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I think Niven really doesn’t like Angus either.

In one interview I saw he talked of an Aussie band called The Angels that he managed and wrote songs for - he said they were overshadowed by AC/DC who had just started to take off... he thought The Angels were a much better band (of course lol) and he just seemed bitter that AC/DC went on to huge success whilst his band did not. It seemed like pure jealousy. 

I not know this, is an plausible explanation about his hate about Ac/Dc. He have a impressive ego too.

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

To hear my horrible accent? Nah :lol: A WT soundcloud would be fun!

They are hilarious!

:lol:

Have you seen the documentary Supersonic - it’s one of the best documentaries of a band I’ve ever seen. When they play The Whisky A Go Go for the first time ever and they couldn’t get through a song so Liam throws his tambourine - Noel’s face is the best thing :lol:

Can’t understand a word in the video :( My English is gone!:wow::lol:

Will check out the documentary later. And yeah, I want a WT soundcloud something. Would be fun to hear your voices :D 

18 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Can’t understand a word in the video :( My English is gone!:wow::lol:

Will check out the documentary later. And yeah, I want a WT soundcloud something. Would be fun to hear your voices :D 

Really? I thought Noel is much easier to understand than Liam. You probably wouldn’t be able to understand me very well then. I’ll have to do the fake posh accent haha!

It would really be cool to have a WT soundcloud - see if everyone sounds how we imagine :lol:

:heart:

• Like 2

Guys I know this is random but any of you here use Instagram? I just started using it like month ago and it's pretty neat as a guitar player, I plan to post some GNR soon, all I did so far is a Slash solo. I'd love to connect with some of you fellow GNR nuts. My account name is https://www.instagram.com/mike.dietze/

Would love to follow any of you!

Also yes Niven is pretty nuts in his views these days as well I agree, this whole devil thing is pretty let's say..out there, lol.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

1 hour ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Guys I know this is random but any of you here use Instagram? I just started using it like month ago and it's pretty neat as a guitar player, I plan to post some GNR soon, all I did so far is a Slash solo. I'd love to connect with some of you fellow GNR nuts. My account name is https://www.instagram.com/mike.dietze/

Would love to follow any of you!

I am on IG- I will find you. :lol:

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tori72 said:

And yeah, I want a WT soundcloud something. Would be fun to hear your voices :D 

I sound like someone on Eastenders or The Only Way is Essex, i can do a posh accent for a while but it don't last long :lol:

@MillionsOfSpiders do you sound like Emmerdale folk?

I think the Scottish accent is lovely, not Glasgow Scots though

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

I sound like someone on Eastenders or The Only Way is Essex, i can do a posh accent for a while but it don't last long :lol:

@MillionsOfSpiders do you sound like Emmerdale folk?

I think the Scottish accent is lovely, not Glasgow Scots though

I like your accent, the proper like gangster Londoner type accent :lol:

Mine is the very same accent as Sean Bean’s - he comes from the same area as me, supports the same football club - do not ask him for an autograph when he is eating a pie! :lol: