GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

6 minutes ago, killuridols said:

He's totally greedy and so are Duff and Slash.

Otherwise, explain giving up to the project 'NuGN'R' and having to mend fences with the 'devil' Slash and 'spineless' Duff otherwise the ship was going to sink like the Titanic and there were so many debts to be paid and so many babies to be fed :lol:

Because maturity, brotherly love and mending bridges and all that :lol:

I don’t know what these people are up to. Seriously, neither Izzy and Steven. Even though Steven seems by far the easiest one to figure out. I don’t know what to think. I’m sure money was the motivation and somehow they managed to remain well behaved and friendly on a business kind of level. That’s how I see it. Why the did not think it wise to have Izzy (Steven is a bit a different case) I don’t know. 

Edited by Tori72

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

Because he wanted to force CD to the audience and his band members.

Izzy wouldn't have made the effort for learning CD songs.

I don’t think that would have been a problem, really. He could have used Lortus for that stuff. :shrugs:

By the vault I meant the live footage, uyi documentary, all those things, lol. Not cd 2. I think everyone knows there's much more money in everything else from their prime.

Izzy can't play Coma either :P

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

16 minutes ago, Lio said:

By the vault I meant the live footage, uyi documentary, all those things, lol. Not cd 2. I think everyone knows there's much more money in everything else from their prime.

Agreed about the vault and sadly you're probably right about Izzy playing Coma 

poor Izzy :(

You can keep CD2 :P

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lio said:

True. Axl could make so much money out of the UYI live footage.

15 minutes ago, Lio said:

Just now, janrichmond said:

Agreed about the vault and sadly you're probably right about Izzy playing Coma 

poor Izzy :(

You can keep CD2 :P

I’m sure Izzy played coma during his time with UYI tour. I know he hated to play it and couldn’t remember all those changes in the beginning but of course he could and did! :bitchfight::lol:

1 minute ago, Tori72 said:

I’m sure Izzy played coma during his time with UYI tour. I know he hated to play it and couldn’t remember all those changes in the beginning but of course he could and did! :bitchfight::lol:

i think that was the track he had to have written down because of all the chord changes, didn't matter in the end cuz Axl had Izzy's amp turned down :lol:

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

i think that was the track he had to have written down because of all the chord changes, didn't matter in the end cuz Axl had Izzy's amp turned down :lol:

Yeah right, screw the Gingersnap for that! :max: No way I’d buy that UYI live boxset. :lol:

Edited by Tori72
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Lio said:

I don't believe Niven at all. No matter what it is, it's always Axl who's to blame. Always.

If Axl is driven by greed, as he says, why don't we have the vault now? Axl could have been making many millions, by doing nothing but releasing stuff he has in the vault. Yet he refuses. Why is that, if he's so money hungry?

I wish both Goldstein and Niven would shut up. Who really cares about a settlement or a courtcase of 30 years ago?

Im wondering if he doesnt because for any CD stuff,  if there are multiple writers it could be a legal minefield on determining who gets what credits and publishing royalties?. Plus i wonder if the record company "own" the vault and maybe think theres no monetary value in releasing it?.

Edited by Sydney Fan

On 1/10/2019 at 6:45 PM, Tori72 said:

For some reason, I tend to believe what Niven saysnhere. What do you think?

https://www.alternativenation.net/axl-rose-allegedly-cut-izzy-stradlin-guns-n-roses-reunion-sad-reason/?fbclid=IwAR3GbIiYqwX2uuGjjoUDuvp1AffTtHtouXs13CxIoGVeM5t7wfbb1yKWJrg

Axl Rose Allegedly ‘Cut’ Izzy Stradlin From Guns N’ Roses Reunion For Sad Reason

By Brett Buchanan - 

Jan 10, 2019
gnraxlizzyduff-696x422.jpg

Former Guns N’ Roses manager Alan Niven has issued a statement in response to fellow former Guns N’ Roses manager Doug Goldstein’s description of Steven Adler’s lawsuit against Guns N’ Roses that Alternative Nation reported. Goldstein claimed he spent $500,000 on the lawsuit, and that the jury loved him. He also said the songwriting credit Adler received were a ‘gift’ from Axl Rose.

Niven also accused Axl Rose’s ‘greed’ as being the reason Izzy Stradlin and Steven Adler were ‘cut’ out of the reunion.

“1/. The case was not settled on the steps of the court. It was settled immediately before the jury retired, after two weeks of hearings in front of the judge.

2/. Adler’s attorneys offered a settlement of $375,000 after approximately one week of the case being heard – they were concerned they were losing the case. Goldstein and Rose rejected the offer. Thereafter Goldstein and Rose took the stand. At the conclusion of the case I had lunch with the entire jury. They informed me they thought Goldstein was a phony and were amused at his crocodile tears on the stand. They disliked Axl intensely, who seemed medicated and thus cold … these two shifted the case into Adler’s favor.

3/. Goldstein was covered by a litigation insurance that also protected the band. I had put that in place. His claim of paying $500,000 is bullshit.

4/. Subsequent to Rose and Goldstein testimony in court the settlement became something in the order of $2,750,000, from the band and Goldstein. I was tapped for a relatively modest $175,000 – if there was any crucifixion it was of Rose and Goldstein. I further paid over $300,000 in legal fees, out of my own pocket, at the mercy of the actions of Rose and Goldstein.

5/. Yes indeed, that Steven received composing royalties was something of a gift – the policy was that while one was a member of the band one would benefit from all moneys being shared – one for all and all for one. If you left the band and were not a writer than the privilege ended. This method was used by lots of bands – the idea being to prevent arguments over money destroying band chemistry. Van Halen, for example, did the same. The Boomtown Rats famously lost the plot and fell apart because there was no composing royalty sharing and after the first publishing royalties arrived everyone wanted to be a writer. Sometimes its in everyone’s best interest to share.

No one enforced this on anyone in the band – it was accepted and understood well before Goldstein was employed as tour manager. It was their decision, including Axl. I considered that the band bent and made a gift to Axl that he received a larger share. If anyone actually deserved a larger share it was Izzy.

The fact that Steven sued and benefitted was not appropriate or just. He’d received composing monies he did not have a legal right to. What is more Doug had indeed kept him alive. According to Doug, Adler’s own attorney stated at deposition that Goldstein should have let him die of an overdose. We all worked hard to keep everyone alive. Slash even went turkey in my spare bedroom – I cleaned the vomit from his mouth and counted out the valium. The problem is that once you go to a jury it is generally understood the case becomes basically a beauty pageant – who does the jury like? They didn’t like Rose and Goldstein.

Anyhow, as regards hubris and greed, we need look no further than the fact Axl cut Izzy and Steven out of the recent tour and took the lions share of all income.

As regards Goldstein, Axl’s butt boy, if his lips are moving most likely he’s lying. Ask him about how he participated in the stealing of the name, copyrights and trade marks from the other band members. We all know who had their hands on the helm.

To have been betrayed by G Swine was bad enough … to have to hear or read of him now is anathema.

Regards

AN”

this kind of stuff is why we will never get nice things

20 hours ago, Tori72 said:

True. Axl could make so much money out of the UYI live footage.

If they are going to release it in the same way they did with AFD 30 years, I really doubt he'll make so much money, much less millions.

The overpriced big box ended up being on a discount by Xmas :lol: and I dont know how much the other formats sold, but I'm really doubting the whole thing has sold "millions" so far.

Now, if Axl or Slash pass away, and TB (or their familes) decide to release it or make a movie, then maybe only maybe, those things will increase their value.... but at the moment, I don't think there's a massive market waiting for that material.

On 1/11/2019 at 10:46 AM, killuridols said:

If they are going to release it in the same way they did with AFD 30 years, I really doubt he'll make so much money, much less millions.

The overpriced big box ended up being on a discount by Xmas :lol: and I dont know how much the other formats sold, but I'm really doubting the whole thing has sold "millions" so far.

Now, if Axl or Slash pass away, and TB (or their familes) decide to release it or make a movie, then maybe only maybe, those things will increase their value.... but at the moment, I don't think there's a massive market waiting for that material.

They didn't put out so much live material for the AFD box though. I think if they include more live stuff in the UYI one (if they make that), blurays and such, then those will sell better.

Niven has no idea what really happened between Izzy and the others regarding NITL (as evidenced by his bullshit story about Izzy coming to soundcheck) and he hasn't even seen Steven in years.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Niven has no idea what really happened between Izzy and the others regarding NITL (as evidenced by his bullshit story about Izzy coming to soundcheck) and he hasn't even seen Steven in years.

True. I take everything back. Don’t believe what he said. Don’t know what has gotten into me. lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

They didn't put out so much live material for the AFD box though. I think if they include more live stuff in the UYI one (if they make that), blurays and such, then those will sell better.

If they didn't do that for the AFD box, nothing makes me believe they will do better for the UYI era...... it will still be the same people in charge, clueless about music, only interested in turning GN'R into 'pop icons' for the next generations to wear in their t-shirts, without knowing jack shit about the band :shrugs:

Also, the concept of making 'millions' out of albums is pretty outdated and no longer applies, not even to the best selling acts of this century. I don't know why some GN'R fans still live in this 1992 bubble where Axl & co. are still at the top of the world. They are not and will not be. And it doesn't look to me that they will sell 'millions' with dinosaur music from 30 years ago, no matter if it's live or unreleased. Those times are pretty much gone.

3 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Why are you telling me this? :question:

Anyway, I think that if it was the case of Niven not knowing one single detail of the case of Izzy & Steven, he still knows the band (and their beggars & hangers on) much better than some blinded fans in forums.

It is obvious to me (and anyone with a bit of common sense) that nothing cool or good happened between Izzy, Steven and the Big Three, otherwise you would never have heard of a man who's been hiding for decades in his cave come out to the Interwebz and create a Twitter account just to be able to speak up his mind.

You don't need Niven or anyone else to tell you that some fucking shit happened over there. Call it greed or misunderstanding; call it hubris or disagreements, it is clear there was not a deal that would work for the five of them.

I still think they will eventually reunite some time in the future, as the AFD5, either for a tour or for a single show.... who knows.... but I hope they are all still alive and healthy to be able to do it.

Edited by killuridols

On 10/1/2019 at 10:30 PM, MaskingApathy said:

I don't believe anything that Niven or Goldstein say at this point. They each have their own agenda that they're trying to push.

Over the years I read many interviews and books. For the most part I found contradictions. Answers that clarify very little or nothing. And different explanations about any given event. At the end they all have their own truth. Even Duff says in the begining of his book that he learn the truth has many sides.

• Like 2

Anybody here who speaks french ( @Lio, aren't you french?) knows if this is a new interview? 

http://m.leparisien.fr/culture-loisirs/musique/slash-un-album-de-guns-n-roses-c-est-la-prochaine-etape-17-01-2019-7990668.php

LOL though, Stockholm syndrome hitting Slash 
:lol:
'Je dois faire très attention à ce que je dis parce que quand on me cite ce ne sont pas toujours mes mots.' 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, dgnr said:

Anybody here who speaks french ( @Lio, aren't you french?) knows if this is a new interview? 

http://m.leparisien.fr/culture-loisirs/musique/slash-un-album-de-guns-n-roses-c-est-la-prochaine-etape-17-01-2019-7990668.php

'Je dois faire très attention à ce que je dis parce que quand on me cite ce ne sont pas toujours mes mots.' 

It was published yesterday, but it says it was done when Slash was in France. So maybe last summer when GnR played there? I don't know if he went back there after that.

17 hours ago, dgnr said:

I'm from Belgium, I'm okay with French, but I'm from the Dutch speaking part :)