GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

9 minutes ago, killuridols said:

No, they truly refer to each other like that.

Have you been hibernating or what? :question:

I know Axl has used the term "our mother" a couple of times. But I never thought they trully had a mother/son relationship. When he met Beta he was already an adult. Beta was never in charge of rasing him

1 minute ago, Padme said:

I know Axl has used the term "our mother" a couple of times. But I never thought they trully had a mother/son relationship. When he met Beta he was already an adult. Beta was never in charge of rasing him

lol... well... it's not like a mother's "job" ends when child turns 18, right? :question:

Moms always think of their children and help them throughout life.... as far as they can do it..... but in the case of Axl, I think her "job" was to console him, guide him, help him organize his life, as he never developed those skills when he was young and didn't have his mom to help him with that kind of stuff:shrugs:

Yeah, the age difference makes it sounds a bit creepy or maybe out of place, but we are not talking about a normal guy here.

Axl could have got the same things from a wife, like many other men do it..... they go from mom to a wife who mothers them :lol:.
In all cases, the woman is the one who loses more :facepalm:

Beta was smart enough to capitalize her mothering/housewife skills and not turn it into an "unpaid" job, as it is usually happens.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, killuridols said:

lol... well... it's not like a mother's "job" ends when child turns 18, right? :question:

Moms always think of their children and help them throughout life.... as far as they can do it..... but in the case of Axl, I think her "job" was to console him, guide him, help him organize his life, as he never developed those skills when he was young and didn't have his mom to help him with that kind of stuff:shrugs:

Yeah, the age difference makes it sounds a bit creepy or maybe out of place, but we are not talking about a normal guy here.

Axl could have got the same things from a wife, like many other men do it..... they go from mom to a wife who mothers them :lol:.
In all cases, the woman is the one who loses more :facepalm:

Beta was smart enough to capitalize her mothering/housewife skills and not turn it into an "unpaid" job, as it is usually happens.

Sometimes we use words like mother or sister just as a way of speaking. I always took it that way. Axl was 29 when he met Beta not 18. Besides she is just 7 or 8 years older tham him. Sure, she helped him to deal with a lot of things. But also she has always been a yes man. That kind of behaviour doesn't really help Axl. I never saw a mother being a yes man of her children. That wouldn't be too much of a good mother.  I don't think it is an "unpaid job"  I doubt she was housekepper for free besides living in a masion. Most likely she made some money when she was manager during the NuGN'R years. She is still travelling first class with them. And she is staying in the same luxury hotel with Axl. Not the traditional mother or housewife job

• Like 4

My good friend's mom was mom to all of us kids around, and also to her husband. They both loved it, she provided him with love and care and he was kind of dependent on her to organize his life, so he was always with her and loved her like no other woman. He had a lot of time to do some science stuff, too (he got money from patents, fair enough). She died, he is lost without her even after many years. There are women like this and Beta looks exactly like one of them. It's mom vibe which attracts children of any age to them.

Axl ain't normal. He is one of the adults with most childlike soul I've ever seen, and that's what makes his presence and performance so outstanding. Most people loose this magic when growing up, when they reach puberty or so. They excel in schedules and repetitive stuff. They can't do magic anymore, to pull the things out of the blue. Many normies actually like to care about magic people, because magic people can do magic then. With their presence, with their wit and sharpness, it's nurturing itself, even without shitload of money, luxury house and traveling... I don't think Axl couldn't take care of himself, he most probably can do all the chores, but there's always someone to do that for him. Axl's mind works different, it's unorganized and I bet he hates repetition, so there are always people around who are better in this. You cannot switch your unorganized, creative mind to some "normal" operating mode just because it would be better for next three hours and then go back to creative, funny, witty unusual critter to do the things normal people cannot do and perceive what they don't. Package deal. 

I still insist on Beta actually saving Axl during his recluse/depression years by the way of care she could give him, the missing mother care, solid point, unconditional love he craved for when he was two. Normal woman couldn't give that to him, Beta didn't kiss him passionately, she kissed him goodnight. Basically, Axl is a default child, Beta is a default mom, they met each other and clicked. Rest are details. They might get married like many pairs with mom-child dynamics, yet they left it in this friends/family state, maybe to avoid sexual tension in this particular relationship, they know, me not. I've seen adults around me in so ridiculous relationships that it's not much weird to me. Axl is stable and happy, anything else?

Edited by Alja

19 minutes ago, Padme said:

Sometimes we use words like mother or sister just as a way of speaking. I always took it that way. Axl was 29 when he met Beta not 18. Besides she is just 7 or 8 years older tham him. Sure, she helped him to deal with a lot of things. But also she has always been a yes man. That kind of behaviour doesn't really help Axl. I never saw a mother being a yes man of her children. That wouldn't be too much of a good mother. 

Is it my English the worst or you didn't pick a thing of what I said? :question:

:facepalm:

I don't know where you live but I have never called 'mother' to anyone who was not my mother. I don't think it is a way of speaking. In the case of Axl & Beta, they always explained it that way, that she was a mother figure to him. Not sure why that's so hard to understand.

You never saw a mother being a yes woman to her children? LOL :lol:.... Dude, there's terrible parenting out there!! Mothers and fathers are hardly 'perfect'. I'm sure we all have something to complain about our mothers or the persons who raised us. Parents always make mistakes, but you are understanding the role of Beta the wrong way. She is a mother figure to Axl, not a real mother, not his biological mother and as you know, he met her when he was 29 and now he's 57? Well, what would you expect her to do with him? Discipline him with the hawaianas? :rofl-lol:

You kinda contradict yourself when you ask her to come to her senses and realize she cant be the mother of someone 8 years younger than her, but at the same time you want her to treat Axl as if he was a kid and tell him what to do? :confused:
Make up your mind!

Either way, the point here is that Beta is a mother figure to Axl but she's not his real mother, hence she couldn't go further than he allows her to go. Aside from Axl being the one who pays her salary, she can't cross some limits.

33 minutes ago, Padme said:

I don't think it is an "unpaid job"  I doubt she was housekepper for free besides living in a masion. Most likely she made some money when she was manager during the NuGN'R years. She is still travelling first class with them. And she is staying in the same luxury hotel with Axl. Not the traditional mother or housewife job

:question: and that's what I said!

I said Beta is not like a wife, she receives a salary for all her physical work and emotional support of that manchild..... While, many women who are housewives and mother their husbands, do not get a cent for it, it is considered just "out of love".

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lio said:

When I was reading that, I was actually thinking: I can be a yes mum sometimes :nervous:

ALL moms are that way, they just don't see it when they are doing it.... Us watching from the outside can perceive it and say to ourselves "if that was my child, I would slap the shit out of that brat!" :lol:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

ALL moms are that way, they just don't see it when they are doing it.... Us watching from the outside can perceive it and say to ourselves "if that was my child, I would slap the shit out of that brat!" :lol:

Would you slap Axl though? :P 

Anyway, it's not the first time Axl and Beta refer to each other in those terms, I know - even this last Xmas Beta published a pic with her siblings and mother with the caption along the lines 'my mom and her brats' and someone in the comments asked for Axl and Beta answered 'That would be one of my brats' :rolleyes: So, yeah, it's not new, but it's still cringeworthy af IMO :facepalm:

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, killuridols said:

See, we're doing well! At least we know we're yes mums. That counts for something :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, killuridols said:

You kinda contradict yourself when you ask her to come to her senses and realize she cant be the mother of someone 8 years younger than her, but at the same time you want her to treat Axl as if he was a kid and tell him what to do? :confused:
Make up your mind!

I never said I wanted her to be his mother. It is not about telling him what to do. If she cares about him, wouldn't be a good idea if she tells him to take care of his voice among other things? If you see a good friend of yours fucking up. Wouldn't you try to help out? If you just tell your friend that everything is great when that's not the case. You are not really helping your friend. Wouldn't a good parent do that as well with a child? It seems to me Beta is someone who is just following orders. She is more an employee than a mother figure.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Padme said:

I never said I wanted her to be his mother. It is not about telling him what to do.

Everything you wrote after IS actually telling him what to do :lol:

4 hours ago, Padme said:

If she cares about him, wouldn't be a good idea if she tells him to take care of his voice among other things? If you see a good friend of yours fucking up. Wouldn't you try to help out? If you just tell your friend that everything is great when that's not the case.

But how do you know that she hasn't, at least, suggested to Axl to take care of himself? :question:

HOW DO YOU KNOW? How do you know she tells him everything is great?

Maybe the problem with Axl's voice is unfixable :shrugs:

Again, Axl is a manchild but he is an adult as well and you can't force him to do anything he doesn't want to do, unless he's lost his mind.

Someone who is fat will not lose weight just because you tell them to eat less or exercise. They have to make the decision by themselves to do something with that. Same with drugs, alcohol, and the voice.... Sometimes you just cannot do further than just giving an advice. Adult people, even when immature and insane, aren't children. And children are not puppets either.

4 hours ago, Padme said:

Wouldn't a good parent do that as well with a child? It seems to me Beta is someone who is just following orders. She is more an employee than a mother figure.

Lol.... Is Axl a child? :scared:

Seriously, I don't understand your logic. 

Yeah, Beta follows orders, she's an employee and she's also a mother figure to Axl. Not his real mother though. And even real mothers cannot (or should not) dictate on their adult children's lives.... unless those children are extremely ill or fucked up.