GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

1 hour ago, Lio said:

Meegan was already on a plane, so someone else might eat hers. So I guess it's just waiting for pics of Axl's cupcakes for Melissa, Beta, Vanessa, Kat and all the others :lol:

Sasha and all the intelligent models should be Axl's number one priority. Have they got any cupcakes, flowers, chocolates or anything yet? :lol: 

• Haha 1

I’m en route to Glasgow for SMKC tomorrow night!!

Did anyone else find this clip of Slash in Poland using the mic stand as a slide ... erm... moving... in unexpected ways???

Look at the way he’s sliding the guitar up and down gently with very precise, short strokes... :wow:

Edited by money honey
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, money honey said:

Did anyone else find this clip of Slash in Poland using the mic stand as a slide ... erm... moving... in unexpected ways???

Look at the way he’s sliding the guitar up and down gently with very precise, short strokes... :wow:

I hope you enjoy much the Slash gig !!  rock3

• Like 1

18 hours ago, money honey said:

How was it?

Edited by MaskingApathy

5 minutes ago, Politania said:

What exactly rail do you looking for? Train from Łódź do Warsaw?

I mean the barrier at the front of the standing area.

I just wondered, in money honeys experience of Glasgow, what the queues might be like so I can have a rough guess of what time to get to the Doncaster show for. 

The venue is a lot smaller than any of the others on the UK tour though, so I think I’ll have a problem getting near the front :( 

52 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I mean the barrier at the front of the standing area.

I just wondered, in money honeys experience of Glasgow, what the queues might be like so I can have a rough guess of what time to get to the Doncaster show for. 

The venue is a lot smaller than any of the others on the UK tour though, so I think I’ll have a problem getting near the front :( 

ohhh I misunderstood you. Im afraid I won't help you. Atlas Arena in Łódź isn't big place.

If you need help with public transport in Poland, let me know :P

Good luck

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, money honey said:

@MillionsOfSpiders We started queuing at 3:30, doors opened 6:30, got to rail front and centre 🤩

That's nice. I got front row for the 2 NITL shows I went and I started queing at 9/10am. It's exhausting. It would be nice to start queuing at that time :headbang:

But how was the show? You enjoyed it?

On 18/2/2019 at 12:03 PM, dgnr said:

That's nice. I got front row for the 2 NITL shows I went and I started queing at 9/10am. It's exhausting. It would be nice to start queuing at that time :headbang:

But how was the show? You enjoyed it?

Show was amazing, worth queuing in the cold for!! Slash is - well, you know - in a class of his own. A force of nature. A legend. His playing is so unique and all-powerful. He looked fantastic too, I loved his leather trousers with seams all over. He wore a T-shirt with big holes cut in the sides, revealing the occasional nipple, much to my friend’s delight!! We were right at the front in the centre, so we had a fantastic view, including of Meegan in the wings, photographing and recording all the time.

The band and Myles were outstanding. Myles’ voice is beautiful and varied - high, low, scratchy, smooth. He did a great job of being frontman while fitting in with Slash being the main man. Myles also has great connection with the audience. 

And that brings me to my only gripe... Slash’s lack of eye contact and connection with the audience. (This applies to him in GNR shows too.) He never speaks. He never takes off his shades so you get no idea of where he’s looking. His facial expression doesn’t ever change (apart from that funny gurning thing he does when lost in his music, which is involuntary). Even at the end when he thanked Myles, he did it as briefly as possible. I feel this is a loss. He has so much charisma, it’s a shame not to feel even a little bit of emotion or reaching out coming from him.

To sum up, I was there to see Slash as a member of GNR, not as a fan of Slash on his own or of the band - but had an amazing time and am now listening to the latest SMKC album for its own sake.

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

@money honey I saw SMKC last night and Slash ran away and hid behind the drum kit when Myles was introducing the band. He was like wtf where did he go lol but then he said it’s because Slash hates the introductions haha 

Sober Slash is just so shy these days :lol: 

What did you think of the show?