GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

30 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Can’t decide if I like the song or not. What do you girls think of the lyrics? 

It's not that I don't like it, but it's weird. I wouldn't expect something like this from Duff. It kinda reminds me something from Robbie Williams (sorry Ned :P ). The lyrics, well, I can picture him singing this to Slash and Axl when they were burying the hatchet :lol:

• Haha 1

I think that speaking nowadays about tenderness and needing of feel it and show it, is rock itself,cause,as is said,new generations will hear about love and will Google it...I don't take it as a lovie softie song... I take it as a message similar to" imagine all the people"...It's not bad to show some sensitivity ,as Axl has put it,to your partner, your friend, your pet, your next door guy here and there or to others in general...Is a sense of humanity imo...I don't take it as a love everybody,anytime, preaching...I liked it,after all... Different from what Duff,has used us to expect from his style, but why not? Maturity,imo, goes hand in hand with these kind of feelings,of course balanced...Far from infatuation...It sounds to me like a Sunday morning song...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tori72 said:

"Oh, sure, it’s real. Why do you ask?"

Don’t know, Ned Flanders. Everybody is brutally honest in this band.

We have to think about it in the context. In the band full of bullshit artists, according to couple of people in the D& N section Ned F. is the most honest one :lol:.

On 20.2.2019 at 3:03 PM, money honey said:

And that brings me to my only gripe... Slash’s lack of eye contact and connection with the audience. (This applies to him in GNR shows too.) He never speaks. He never takes off his shades so you get no idea of where he’s looking. His facial expression doesn’t ever change (apart from that funny gurning thing he does when lost in his music, which is involuntary). Even at the end when he thanked Myles, he did it as briefly as possible. I feel this is a loss. He has so much charisma, it’s a shame not to feel even a little bit of emotion or reaching out coming from him.

This is something that caught my attention too when I saw Gn'R during summer 2017 (and it was the first time seeing them live for me). Slash felt very distant. I know Axl and Slash are two different personalities, but because they are two most famous members of the band  - the front man and the lead guitarist, I kept comparing them. Axl felt very happy, was smiling and interacting with the audience, Slash kept it very very cool. I think he smiled once in the end after doing the handstand. On the other hand, our audience was not the most  #rad #lit #dope (quoting Melissa here :P)of the tour, so I'm guessing that can have an affect too.  

Edited by Fourteenbeers
  • Like 1

Slash was smiling lots last night :wub: After he was introduced and the crowd went berserk, he thanked us and said we were just amazing.

It is true he doesn't interact a lot and you can't see if his eyes are even open behind those glasses :lol: But a stadium environment makes it even harder to connect with the audience. Such a huge difference it makes. I know that's obvious, but seeing Slash in a tiny venue for the first time (last time I saw them, SMKC were in a venue that was 5000-10000, I think), made me realize even more how different it is.

I loved them all last night. Todd and Myles signed someone's album on stage and they fistbumped/shook hands with people in the front row, Frank and Todd were handing out picks to the front row too. Slash doesn't do all that, of course. Front row could touch the guitars when they knelt down. I think someone did that with Slash, maybe, because all of a sudden Kemo popped up on the side of the stage and shone his light to someone somewhere in the middle of the front row and warned them. Not sure what happened, but I think they might've been too close to Slash, as it was right after Slash knelt there.

Also, I wanted to get a Slash hoodie after the show, but they only had S and XXL when it was finally my turn :max: Bought a tour T-shirt instead. Oh, Slash sold lithos too, but just general ones, not numbered. They cost 10 EUR and it looked like thick paper. I saw a lot of people buy them, decent price for a quality litho if you like the design.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Fourteenbeers said:

We have to think about it in the context. In the band full of bullshit artists, according to couple of people in the D& N section Ned F. is the most honest one :lol:.

Yeah right. Just ask Izzy.

18 minutes ago, Fourteenbeers said:

This is something that caught my attention too when I saw Gn'R during summer 2017 (and it was the first time seeing them live for me). Slash felt very distant. I know Axl and Slash are two different personalities, but because they are two most famous members of the band  - the front man and the lead guitarist, I kept comparing them. Axl felt very happy, was smiling and interacting with the audience, Slash kept it very very cool. I think he smiled once in the end after doing the handstand. On the other hand, our audience was not the most  #rad #lit #dope (quoting Melissa here :P)of the tour, so I'm guessing that can have an affect too.  

Same, actually. Seen them 2017 in Munich and they weren’t the most lively crowd either. I was wondering how happy Slash is... I don’t know if he’s always been like that? Can’t really tell from old videos.

9 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Yeah right. Just ask Izzy.

Clearly the people in D & N section didn't ask Izzy. 

9 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Same, actually. Seen them 2017 in Munich and they weren’t the most lively crowd either. I was wondering how happy Slash is... I don’t know if he’s always been like that? Can’t really tell from old videos.

I think being cool and pretty aloof on stage is combination of Slash's stage persona and his own more laid back personality (and in the past being under the influence of heroin was a factor too) He's kind of counterpart to Axl on stage.  Is he happy?  I haven't seen anything that would indicate that he is unhappy. Guy has made a lot of money with NITLT, he has is own band where he can write music and seems to be in a good relationship.

And one funny comparison with Axl and Slash: in photos with fans etc.,  Slash usually smiles, Axl usually doesn't. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fourteenbeers said:

Clearly the people in D & N section didn't ask Izzy. 

I think being cool and pretty aloof on stage is combination of Slash's stage persona and his own more laid back personality (and in the past being under the influence of heroin was a factor too) He's kind of counterpart to Axl on stage.  Is he happy?  I haven't seen anything that would indicate that he is unhappy. Guy has made a lot of money with NITLT, he has is own band where he can write music and seems to be in a good relationship.

And one funny comparison with Axl and Slash: in photos with fans etc.,  Slash usually smiles, Axl usually doesn't. 

Oh, I only meant I was wondering if Slash was so happy with GnR back in 2017. Today I think he’s happy with the dollars.

With everything else regarding his life (I don’t really care) I think he is.

Lol to the bolded. Clearly. :lol:

• Like 1

The moment I've seen Axl-Slash dynamics onstage, it got me. They are complete, complete opposites. Axl is abnormally aware about what's happening around, he pays attention, he perceives details, the crowd and moods in it and reacts immediately, you feel it as presence. Really not many people give this impression of presence, even major stars cannot this magic. (It was more evident when I was in the side of the stage, he is more easy going there). On the other side, Slash is most of the time more or less unconscious to the outside world, navigated by some kind of autopilot or what it is (or Ratatouille kind of rat in the hat?), he is completely absorbed by music when he plays solos, the way the music pours flawless through him got me. Slash is distant, untouchable, with that detached gaze looking to other universes, he's high on guitar, with that piece of wood and strings being just an antenna to transform that universes to be audible to us, mere mortals. Even if Slash has open eyes, mostly he is "looking" at things not in this world. Music comes from there. He doesn't go body talk emotional like Axl does, Slash has guitar to do it all. Since ever.

Slash's wide smile is rare and heartwarming, to say. I think he is plainly happy to get onstage to play and to get connected with people musically. Still, he said, Axl's presence onstage was always something special for him... That guy went to meet and hug Keith Richards, because Keith was true about it back in the 90s.

Cost/gain of SKMC for me was that I didn't go... What I love is interaction and you will almost not get any with Slash onstage as a fan...and... SKMC and Myles are kind of flat and lacking emotional versatility for me. I cannot stand Myles, I keep my bucks. 

Also it's fun twist how Slash offstage is sociable and Axl a recluse. 

Edited by Alja
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

This is just from my point of view from having seen Slash a few times over the years with Snakepit, VR, GnR and now SMKC - but I think the more sober he is the more he hides behind his shades, hat and guitar and very rarely interacts. I don’t see where he is happier or has any more chemistry in one band than another like some say, I just see a guy who likes to be on stage and gets into playing his guitar. 

With Snakepit he was high as a kite when I saw him and he constantly leaned over the barriers into the crowd for us to grab at him - that was in a tiny club environment and that’s still my favourite time I ever saw him. 

Others will probably disagree with all I said, so what do I know anyway :shrugs: :lol:

I think your right. He hasnt played arenas or stadiums since being sober. So i think he is trying to get used to experiencing the connection with a arena full of people in a sober headspace .

Edited by Sydney Fan

On 11.2.2019 at 8:17 PM, Tori72 said:

When Slash decorated his new Izzy pics with strawberries :lol:

tumblr_pmco3yHcFr1sv8w6yo1_540.jpg

:wub:

I keep finding things on tumblr that confuse me. And yes, I know how that sounds. :rofl-lol:

So is this:

tumblr_pnbe8tQtH51sv8w6yo1_1280.jpg

the cake from the black and white pic above? Or a remake? Because the colour pic looks recent, right? So if it is the same cake, that cannot be young Slash above, right? 

OH!!!! Just realised, while typing this, it can’t be young Slash because there’s an Izzy-pic from the „Shuffle it all“ video from 92 on the cake, also in b/w. 

Anyway. You laughs on me. You’re welcome. :lol:

Still, a lovely Izzy cake with all the things he loves, apparently. Sans women though. (Or are those berries a code for something?)

Uhm. Yes. :facepalm::lol:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tori72 said:

the cake from the black and white pic above? Or a remake? Because the colour pic looks recent, right? So if it is the same cake, that cannot be young Slash above, right? 

OH!!!! Just realised, while typing this, it can’t be young Slash because there’s an Izzy-pic from the „Shuffle it all“ video from 92 on the cake, also in b/w. 

Anyway. You laughs on me. You’re welcome. :lol:

Still, a lovely Izzy cake with all the things he loves, apparently. Sans women though. (Or are those berries a code for something?)

Uhm. Yes. :facepalm::lol:

I wonder why someone made that ? Still... it's a nice Izzy -cake. At least they didn't put syringes on it.  :lol:

The things you find online. 

• Haha 1