GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

35 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Today is my birthday! It's kind of been ruined by other stuff that I've had going on lately but hopefully that will be resolved soon... Hope you all are doing well.

Happy Birthday dude!! :headbang: :hug:

LOL when I started reading your post I thought you were going to say your birthday was ruined by the insulting comments I've made about the worn out purse someone's getting rid of :facepalm: :lol:

I'll bake you a cake, IDK!! :smiley-confused2:

4 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Today is my birthday! It's kind of been ruined by other stuff that I've had going on lately but hopefully that will be resolved soon... Hope you all are doing well.

Happy Birthday, man!!!! :headbang::headbang::headbang::lol::lol::hug:

Hope those ruining things will be gone soon! Have a great day!!!

Ok, purse discussion. lol Why not. :awesomeface:

I don’t like LV, I don’t like the aesthetics and the material. Neither I like Moschino and their bling bling belts man women like to wear. Also I would have used „cheesy“ in the same way as @killuridols thinking it means something like „kitsch“. But I think we should listen to the native English speakers. lol

I like vintage things, things that look like they already had a life before but are not looking worn out yet... So for that reason I like Susan’s vintage bag from the old 90s. Call me not making sense but I’d take that! :lol:

Edited by Tori72
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Hope your bday hasnt been a complete letdown and happy birthday! 

Susan is one of the better people associated with GNR. Her style isn't like mine (but then neither is her body!) but her and Duff seem like a genuine, family orientated couple. Duff by far has ended up with the most grounded, happy ending out of everyone and I'm sure his wife is a lot to do with that. I can live with her being a bit cheesy on social media. :lol:

Also Happy Birthday @MaskingApathy hope it's a good one for you. :heart:

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

7 hours ago, Tori72 said:

I don’t like LV, I don’t like the aesthetics and the material. Neither I like Moschino and their bling bling belts man women like to wear. Also I would have used „cheesy“ in the same way as @killuridols thinking it means something like „kitsch“. But I think we should listen to the native English speakers. lol

Well, since cheesy also means kitsch, why can't be use in that sense? Not all native speakers are correct in the way they use their native tongue.

I've learnt this when I studied the other languages that I know :book:

As for LV, the way you described it is how I feel about it, also Versace and the other brands you mentioned. 

In general I am more attracted to the independent designers, modern stuff and I consume a lot of local designers and artists. I find them much more creative and interesting than these overpriced and overhyped people like LV. 

7 hours ago, Tori72 said:

So for that reason I like Susan’s vintage bag from the old 90s. Call me not making sense but I’d take that! :lol:

I really hate the pattern of the bag. Maybe it's because it was so popular and massively produced and also massively imitated that it made me dislike it from the go :shrugs:

20 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:
Duff looks a little bit in awe on this panel of punks doesn’t he ..... nobody knows where to look when Johnny and Marky fall out ... awkward! :lol:

hahahaha wtf! Their fall out was extremely Punk Rock though. Duff looks kinda terrified, he should take some lessons with them :rofl-lol: 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Duff looks a little bit in awe on this panel of punks doesn’t he ..... nobody knows where to look when Johnny and Marky fall out ... awkward! :lol:

Duff look's very awkward :D

• Like 1

@MillionsOfSpiders great find, thanks . Looks like fun. Duff 😂 why does he look like an embarrassed schoolboy? Unfortunately I cannot understand what the banter between them is about? Apart from John preferring bloody Status Quo over the Ramones 😂

1 hour ago, dgnr said:

hahahaha wtf! Their fall out was extremely Punk Rock though. Duff looks kinda terrified, he should take some lessons with them :rofl-lol: 

To become Punk as Fuck. :lol:

Edited by Tori72

3 hours ago, dgnr said:

Poor Duff, he really looks like he’s thinking “please don’t pick on me Johnny” :lol: he must have had enough of gingers who don’t know when to shut up by now :lol:

2 hours ago, Tori72 said:

@MillionsOfSpiders great find, thanks . Looks like fun. Duff 😂 why does he look like an embarrassed schoolboy? Unfortunately I cannot understand what the banter between them is about? Apart from John preferring bloody Status Quo over the Ramones 😂

To become Punk as Fuck. :lol:

It seems they were arguing over who was more influential The Ramones or The Sex Pistols, so John Lydon called Marky a “Johnny come lately”  which pissed off Marky who told Johnny he wouldn’t be anywhere without The Ramones - he’d probably be working in a fish n chip shop somewhere lol so that’s when John said he loved the Ramones but also Status Quo who he liked better (of course not) :lol:

I want to see the whole thing to see if John said anything to Duff haha. 

• Thanks 1