GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

Axl's back with his usual politics bollocks :lol:

---------------

Also, I just read this report about the Kurt Cobain book written by his former manager Danny Goldberg. An excerpt of the book tells a story about him helping Kurt avoid a meeting with Axl :facepalm:
Geez, this is painful to read!

"Backstage afterward, Eddie Rosenblatt told me that he had come with Axl Rose and asked if he could bring him into the dressing room to say hi to Kurt. When I conveyed this request, Kurt grimaced and said he really didn’t want to meet the Guns N’ Roses singer. I didn’t want to put Geffen’s president in an untenable situation, so I suggested to Kurt that he and I leave the dressing room and then I’d give Rosenblatt a couple of passes. That way it wouldn’t be like we were excluding them, just that Kurt couldn’t be found.

Kurt nodded and I walked outside, delivered the passes to Rosenblatt, and asked if he and Rose could wait five minutes for Nirvana to ‘change clothes.’ Then I went back in and grabbed Kurt and we ducked out a back door. Rosenblatt never gave me shit about it afterward so the charade worked on some level, but I doubt it left Rose with a great taste in his mouth.”

:cry:

3 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Axl's back with his usual politics bollocks :lol:

---------------

Also, I just read this report about the Kurt Cobain book written by his former manager Danny Goldberg. An excerpt of the book tells a story about him helping Kurt avoid a meeting with Axl :facepalm:
Geez, this is painful to read!

"Backstage afterward, Eddie Rosenblatt told me that he had come with Axl Rose and asked if he could bring him into the dressing room to say hi to Kurt. When I conveyed this request, Kurt grimaced and said he really didn’t want to meet the Guns N’ Roses singer. I didn’t want to put Geffen’s president in an untenable situation, so I suggested to Kurt that he and I leave the dressing room and then I’d give Rosenblatt a couple of passes. That way it wouldn’t be like we were excluding them, just that Kurt couldn’t be found.

Kurt nodded and I walked outside, delivered the passes to Rosenblatt, and asked if he and Rose could wait five minutes for Nirvana to ‘change clothes.’ Then I went back in and grabbed Kurt and we ducked out a back door. Rosenblatt never gave me shit about it afterward so the charade worked on some level, but I doubt it left Rose with a great taste in his mouth.”

:cry:

Why is it painful to read? And what event was it? After a Nirvana concert?

EDIT: Oh, and The Dirt. Watched it. Entertaining enough but not really good. Also I never liked the Crue so that didn’t help either. I guess it’s enjoyable for the fans. The focus on Nikki Sixx is very obvious so that feels a little one sided.

Edited by Tori72

9 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Why is it painful to read? And what event was it? After a Nirvana concert?

Yeah, after a Nirvana show. I put the link so people can read the whole stuff. I dont like stealing articles :P

Painful because I feel for Axl, lol.... like, it is not cool to be rejected, you know? Though I understand why Kurt wouldn't want to meet him or talk to him. It's hard to know that Axl was so invested in that band and wanted to be friends with Kurt, like a kid in school praying to be part of the cool kids posse :lol:

• Like 2

On 3/30/2019 at 3:12 PM, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I watched The Dirt - I wonder if that girl who lived under the table at The Rainbow is still there 🤔

Probably not, they don't allow that sort of thing there anymore. The Rainbow has become a pretty family friendly place.

31 minutes ago, vikute91 said:

I don't know if it was an artsy persona that he had put on or if he was actually like that. Dave Grohl, on the other hand, have always come off as playing a part to me. Never came to like the guy. All this animosity towards the established bands during Nirvana years, yet now acting as everybody's best buddy. Hypocrite much? Wonder if Kurt was alive today, would he be on friendly terms with Axl now? Possible 

I think Kurt was genuine and he didn't like Axl because Axl was everything Kurt was preaching against at the time. I don't think it's so hard to understand why Kurt didn't like Axl, and even if they had met, the chance of Kurt liking Axl were minimal, so what for? :shrugs:

As for Dave Grohl, I don't think he is a hypocrite for being on friendly terms with Axl now..... They are both grown up men, a lot of water ran under the bridge, and there's no reason for Dave to hold a grudge for so long, unless he was Axl... lol

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

54 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I think Kurt was genuine and he didn't like Axl because Axl was everything Kurt was preaching against at the time. I don't think it's so hard to understand why Kurt didn't like Axl, and even if they had met, the chance of Kurt liking Axl were minimal, so what for? :shrugs:

As for Dave Grohl, I don't think he is a hypocrite for being on friendly terms with Axl now..... They are both grown up men, a lot of water ran under the bridge, and there's no reason for Dave to hold a grudge for so long, unless he was Axl... lol

Coudln’t agree more. Kurt was open minded, tolerant and all in for equal rights for homosexuals, women and especially he talked against this macho-lonesome wolf-hurting inside-being brutal outside-kind of rock n roll man. And this is exactly what Axl was/is like. I think Kurt said that he couldn’t be more annoyed and bored by a male persona like that in art or music. Maybe he was even personally talking about Axl. This is what Kurt was about. Axl of course percieved himself differently. And would Axl not have been a girlfriend-beater, did not start riots with his audience, would have been less misogynist in his lyrics, he could have developed his androgynity, his soft and hurt inner being and the hard rocking outer being into something new.

Sorry, I feel my grammar / spelling is all over the place. I hope you can make some sense of what I said. I just leave it as it is, I’m so lazy. :facepalm::lol:

Edited by Tori72
  • GNFNR 1

49 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Regarding Dave Grohl, I wasn't really alluding to any specific grudges or friendships with Axl, I was speaking more generally. What I tried to say was Nirvana's Dave Grohl in my eyes is too different from Dave Grohl in Foo Fighters. I bet Nirvana would hate Foo Fighters. The whole anti-establishment outlook they had back in the day...Did he just change that much or was it a persona he was putting on? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Coudln’t agree more. Kurt was open minded, tolerant and all in for equal rights for homosexuals, women and especially he talked against this macho-lonesome wolf-hurting inside-being brutal outside-kind of rock n roll man.

Exactly :headbang:

Besides...... this situation: Kurt is sitting with his wife and baby, somewhere at the VMA'S backstage, Courtney throws an innocent joke at Axl and there Axl comes back and insults her. Actually, ignores her and tells her husband what to do with "his bitch"........ Seriously, why would anyone tolerate such violence from a fucking asshole to their wife, who is also holding a baby??? A BABY!!!! :facepalm:

Had I been Kurt, I would have broke all of Axl's teeth and bones..... I mean... what the fuck?? :fuckyou:....... how could Axl be so violent in public towards a woman tells how much shitty those years were, no one told him fucking shit. Wish it had been now, let's see if he would have gotten away with it!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, vikute91 said:

Regarding Dave Grohl, I wasn't really alluding to any specific grudges or friendships with Axl, I was speaking more generally. What I tried to say was Nirvana's Dave Grohl in my eyes is too different from Dave Grohl in Foo Fighters. I bet Nirvana would hate Foo Fighters. The whole anti-establishment outlook they had back in the day...Did he just change that much or was it a persona he was putting on? 

Well, I have no idea. I've never followed Grohl that closely as to make a judgement like that.

To me, he's the same guy, just older and in a different band because... yeah, years pass by, life goes on, people get older and some people change.... I don't see how Foo Fighters is so bad. They do have commercial success but why is it a bad thing, Im not sure why Nirvana would hate Foo Fighters.... Maybe, but Nirvana was Nirvana and this an older Grohl, a different person than Kurt.

Not sure what should he be doing? Living under a bridge? LOL :lol:

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

Exactly :headbang:

Besides...... this situation: Kurt is sitting with his wife and baby, somewhere at the VMA'S backstage, Courtney throws an innocent joke at Axl and there Axl comes back and insults her. Actually, ignores her and tells her husband what to do with "his bitch"........ Seriously, why would anyone tolerate such violence from a fucking asshole to their wife, who is also holding a baby??? A BABY!!!! :facepalm:

Had I been Kurt, I would have broke all of Axl's teeth and bones..... I mean... what the fuck?? :fuckyou:....... how could Axl be so violent in public towards a woman tells how much shitty those years were, no one told him fucking shit. Wish it had been now, let's see if he would have gotten away with it!

This. So much!! Ugh.

I can feel the Axlettes preparing for battle. lol. Kidding, I love you, Axlettes! (Well, some of you ;)

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, vikute91 said:

He's grown up, opinions and how you are can change a lot over 20-30 years

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vikute91 said:

Totally agree. I've always felt that Kurt was being undeservedly mean towards Axl, whose intentions, I believe, were genuine. If he'd decided to dislike Axl after meeting him, I could understand, but in this case too much prejudice was at play. He hated Axl not for who he was, but for what Kurt thought he represented.

I don't know if it was an artsy persona that he had put on or if he was actually like that. Dave Grohl, on the other hand, have always come off as playing a part to me. Never came to like the guy. All this animosity towards the established bands during Nirvana years, yet now acting as everybody's best buddy. Hypocrite much? Wonder if Kurt was alive today, would he be on friendly terms with Axl now? Possible    

It would be good, if it was Beatles - Stones kind of animosity, which was basically for media to create fuss and contrast around those two bands. They actually loved and respected each other since ever and coordinated things like publishing to get maximum out of it. Now they are just genuine friends also publicly. This is the way good guy Dave Grohl can be friends with people now also in public. He was a drummer in Nirvana, who cares about drummer's opinion?

Most band members of both Nirvana and GNR were high as kites on drugs. Junkies are always morons with narrowed point of view. No exclusions, ask them. Axl was a non-junkie oddball in this pack. He turned GNR from sleazy club band to monstrous stadium act with horn section, backup singers, you name it, million dress changes, complex, elaborated songs... It's actually kind of normal in many acts as they explore music and get fame and possibilities. Kurt wanted to keep Nirvana shabby pack doing rather simple music based on loud-quiet dynamics, yet it seemed to him that band is evolving, selling stadiums and stuff, him becoming the poster boy, Kurt somehow didn't want to adapt to that and Axl was impersonation of it. Axl as a persona, a guy in tiny lycra shorts and his stage antics... Kurt seems like taking it all too much personally and also being unable to bear demons he created. If you ask recovery junkies, they will tell you that looking back they see many people trying to help them, they just weren't able to grasp the safe rope. Kurt is dead, he shot his head high on heroin.

There is Axl for those who read OIAM lyrics to the end and those who not. Remember when all were almost shitting their pants how will end up Freddie's tribute concert and meeting of Axl and Elton John?

I don't say Axl was never violent and/or dangerous, he is just quiet different from your average misogynist Joe. Courtney had nasty reputation back then to say at least. She was doing heroin while pregnant and continued while raising the infant, which Axl couldn't bear. So don't cherrypick the tip of an iceberg.

Axl cares, if he decides to. Also is mentioned by everyone as harshly honest and authentic and genuine and abnormally responsive to the way he is treated. If you go through the bios, you see that Axl genuinely cares, but also way too many times his efforts turned to a complete fiasco and deepened the abyss between him and others. 

Edited by Alja
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Alja said:

Axl was a non-junkie oddball in this pack. He turned GNR from sleazy club band to monstrous stadium act with horn section, backup singers, you name it, million dress changes, complex, elaborated songs.

Do you think this ^ was a good thing??

23 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

There is no accessible parallel reality (at least for me) in which GNR hoked on Appetite sound and kept with its image also staying in five original members, so I cannot say exactly.

At the end, Axl got lost in all that so he couldn't hear himself, they ended UYI nibbled away to bare minimum, and it still worked. It happened to many bands... The only available alternative is what they created through the time, take it or let be.

I started my dive into GNR world figuring out why Kurt is dead and Axl alive (2015). Found out that despite the reputation, Axl was a non-junkie, occasional user, which is something I still find utterly fascinating. Getting more information about people from drugs oozed environments, talks with junkies and observations inspired by this I found out many interesting things, I was even having a tribute lecture on drug use for national congress based on my findings. Not being substance-dependent is always good. 

Edited by Alja

1 hour ago, janrichmond said:
1 hour ago, Alja said:

Axl was a non-junkie oddball in this pack. He turned GNR from sleazy club band to monstrous stadium act with horn section, backup singers, you name it, million dress changes, complex, elaborated songs.

The worst part about that comment is that it seems Axl did it all by himself :rolleyes: Five guys made the band, not just one. Besides a lot of people help them one way or another, everyone from Marc Canter to David Geffen. Things didn't take shape just because Axl performed some kind of magic trick

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 2

1 hour ago, Tori72 said:

Coudln’t agree more. Kurt was open minded, tolerant and all in for equal rights for homosexuals, women and especially he talked against this macho-lonesome wolf-hurting inside-being brutal outside-kind of rock n roll man. And this is exactly what Axl was/is like. I think Kurt said that he couldn’t be more annoyed and bored by a male persona like that in art or music. Maybe he was even personally talking about Axl. This is what Kurt was about. Axl of course percieved himself differently. And would Axl not have been a girlfriend-beater, did not start riots with his audience, would have been less misogynist in his lyrics, he could have developed his androgynity, his soft and hurt inner being and the hard rocking outer being into something new.

Sorry, I feel my grammar / spelling is all over the place. I hope you can make some sense of what I said. I just leave it as it is, I’m so lazy. :facepalm::lol:

???

So you can't be more of a masculine guy and be sensitive at the same time? I disagree. In fact I never even perceived Axl as a very macho man. All I see is a highly emotional and moody person who has anger management issues and is easy to pick a fight with.

12 minutes ago, Padme said:

The worst part about that comment is that it seems Axl did it all by himself :rolleyes: Five guys made the band, not just one. Besides a lot of people help them one way or another, everyone from Marc Canter to David Geffen. Things didn't take shape just because Axl performed some kind of magic trick

If you're an Axl fanatic he did :lol: remember "Axl wrote 'em all":lol:

• Haha 3

It's funny how they paint Axl as someone who cared about children that were not his own :lol:, but all he did was humiliate the mothers of those children, probably just out of jealousy and contempt for their motherhood.

Turns out that Dylan is a healthy young man and Frances Bean Cobain is a beautiful and talented young woman nowadays. They didn't grow up to be shit, like spiteful Axl predicted in the past. I'm happy for those kids and how they turned out, especially Frances Bean. I follow her on IG, she's amazing. 

And let's not condemn Kurt for his decision. None of us was in his shoes and we have no idea what he was dealing with.

Just like with the abortion subject, I believe in quality of life, not having a life just becuase you have to be born or have to live it. If your life is shit, then you're better off without it.

With this, I'm not glamorizing suicide or encouraging it. Do not take it the wrong way. What I'm saying is that people make choices in life and they are personal. We should not be comparing the life of one to the other, because circumstances are different for each person.

Our lives are fragile and they can be taken away anytime, either by ourselves, others or naturally.

Edited by killuridols