GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

2 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I really hate how fake he is being. 

It sucks but... doesn't Duff lately (or at least since GN'R reunion) always end up looking or coming up as a hypocrite? :question:

I mean, it's not the first time we discuss this new Duff saying weird shit that screams FAKE from miles away...... like with the 'Punk' t-shirts or the way he conducts himself within the band.

Not sure why Duff has this urgent need to appear as a 'great dude' all the time, like, he's trying so hard to not disappoint his daugthers.... or.... I don't know, I can't explain wtf's going on with him :shrugs:

• Like 3

OMG, Lucy Bleu (Meegan's daughter) has recently started an YouTube channel and today she posted a video featuring Grace McKagan, where they both tell the story of how they met.

To my surprise they said they met in 2016, during Coachella :question:

But the funny part is when they try to avoid revealing the name of their parents and other backstage situations :lol:

Poor girls!!! I'm sharing the video because it made me crack :rofl-lol:

• Like 1

20 hours ago, killuridols said:

It sucks but... doesn't Duff lately (or at least since GN'R reunion) always end up looking or coming up as a hypocrite? :question:

I mean, it's not the first time we discuss this new Duff saying weird shit that screams FAKE from miles away...... like with the 'Punk' t-shirts or the way he conducts himself within the band.

Not sure why Duff has this urgent need to appear as a 'great dude' all the time, like, he's trying so hard to not disappoint his daugthers.... or.... I don't know, I can't explain wtf's going on with him :shrugs:

I personally think they are afraid of what skeletons could come out front their past. Especially sheninigans with what may have happened with the chicks they slept with on the road or whatever, because lets face it duff probably only remembers 50% or probably less between 87 to 93. Im sure perla has alot of dirt from her marriage to slash. Maybe they are afraid of say madames or groupies writing a tell all book. Then again duff has had no issues when doing interviews during his VR days about the gardner street days, so i dont know why hes trying to be the nice guy all of a sudden. But it us coming across being a fake.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

On 29/05/2019 at 5:05 PM, killuridols said:

Yes, its Duff going all Ned Flanders on us again :lol:

Punk as diddly Fuck! 

I can’t think of any logical explanation for why he said what he has. I find his refusal to face up to how they all were back then and own up to it is quite a dangerous attitude to have towards it all. It’s okay to sweep it all under the carpet, it seems, pretend it never happened. Does he tell these lies to his daughters, I wonder? 

Perhaps they’ve googled some things about the band and questioned him and he doesn’t know how to handle it :shrugs:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

I personally think they are afraid of what skeletons could come out front their past. Especially sheninigans with what may have happened with the chicks they slept with on the road or whatever, because lets face it duff probably only remembers 50% or probably less between 87 to 93. Im sure perla has alot of dirt from her marriage to slash. Maybe they are afraid of say madames or groupies writing a tell all book. Then again duff has had no issues when doing interviews during his VR days about the gardner street days, so i dont know why hes trying to be the nice guy all of a sudden. But it us coming across being a fake.

There are already books written by groupies. People has posted about those stories. Duff wrote his own book. He spoke about a lot of things he and others did, same with Slash and Adler. Axl has already faced accusations of domestic violence, public embarrasement and lawsuits.

Duff has to speak for himself instead of being afraid. Maybe he should say he regrets many things he did. He is now a new person or whatever apology he wishes to make. Instead he is making a fool of himself claming that no GN'R member ever said grab them by the pussy. Well, there are many ways to say the same thing. And he shouldn't say people misunderstood lyrics

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

8 minutes ago, Padme said:

Instead he is making a fool of himself claming that no GN'R member ever said grab them by the pussy. Well, there are many ways to say the same thing. And he shouldn't say people misunderstood lyrics

That's what bothers me the most...... why does he want to cover the ass of the people who did terrible things?
If he REALLY cares for women now and particularly for his daughters, then he should pray they don't ever fall in love with an Axl type, or Steven type or whatever....

He says they were good guys after all..... I don't know about that.... I don't think they were..... and you don't have to be the worst killer or the worst abuser in order to be a bad dude.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

I agree. 

16 minutes ago, killuridols said:

That's what bothers me the most...... why does he want to cover the ass of the people who did terrible things?
If he REALLY cares for women now and particularly for his daughters, then he should pray they don't ever fall in love with an Axl type, or Steven type or whatever....

He says they were good guys after all..... I don't know about that.... I don't think they were..... and you don't have to be the worst killer or the worst abuser in order to be a bad dude.

Yeah totally, and teach them how to look out for guys like that.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I guess he was facing questions about GN'R  past because now he wrote a song about the metoo movement. And he was caught off guard. So he fought back with bullshit answers. I hope in a future interview he can come up with a better answers

17 minutes ago, Padme said:

I guess he was facing questions about GN'R  past because now he wrote a song about the metoo movement. And he was caught off guard. So he fought back with bullshit answers. I hope in a future interview he can come up with a better answers

I don't know. It looks to me like he doesn't get it...... the question about ISE lyrics was asked to him many years ago and he had no clue how to defend it... because he keeps insisting on defending that shit, instead of admitting the truth of it :shrugs:

Oh well, whatever, I dont care :lol:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I don't know. It looks to me like he doesn't get it...... the question about ISE lyrics was asked to him many years ago and he had no clue how to defend it... because he keeps insisting on defending that shit, instead of admitting the truth of it :shrugs:

Oh well, whatever, I dont care :lol:

He could defend it by saying at that particular time, hard rock songs were not polite about anything or anyone. It's about being rebels against everything. I don't see why it is so dificult to come up with that kind of answer.

11 minutes ago, Padme said:

He could defend it by saying at that particular time, hard rock songs were not polite about anything or anyone. It's about being rebels against everything. I don't see why it is so dificult to come up with that kind of answer.

It is difficult for someone who's trying to clean up their image and this person struggles with admitting all the wrongs in their lives.

Not only that, also that in 2019, they still have to sing those lyrics and play those songs for a major audience.
As an aging band, they need to refresh their fans, and Im not sure the youth of today are willing to listen to that kind of lyrics.

24 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Not only that, also that in 2019, they still have to sing those lyrics and play those songs for a major audience.
As an aging band, they need to refresh their fans, and Im not sure the youth of today are willing to listen to that kind of lyrics.

They don't have enough albums. CD didn't make any big impact 

I love this thread when you are all annoyed by answers like that and get all wrapped up in how much bs and ignorance it is. Don’t have the energy right now to comment on this. I love how much you do. It’s important. What Duff says is what fake respect for women looks like. He’s just talking his way out of the fire, it’s still about him, it is not about any issue of women or feminism at all. He doesn’t understand and he doesn’t do his daughters or any other woman any good with it.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 2

16 minutes ago, Padme said:

They don't have enough albums. CD didn't make any big impact 

They need a new album with new songs to go more with the current times...

Although I don't want to listen to any "feminism" bollocks coming from these guys because I know it will be plain bullshit-

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, killuridols said:

They need a new album with new songs to go more with the current times...

Although I don't want to listen to any "feminism" bollocks coming from these guys because I know it will be plain bullshit-

No need for feminist songs. CD wasn't in the same vein as the older work, Duff has released other songs too. I suppose Slash won't write lyrics. So it won't be like AFD.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lio said:

No need for feminist songs. CD wasn't in the same vein as the older work, Duff has released other songs too. I suppose Slash won't write lyrics. So it won't be like AFD.

Yeah, I hope so.
Looks like Duff is jumping on the bandwagon, though.... but I havent heard to his songs at all and I have no interest in doing so :lol:

CD still had some leftover contempt for Steph :ph34r:.
Please baby jebus it's been 40 years, Steph is a grandma now, do not let the redhead dwell on that crap any longer!

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/5/2019 at 11:23 PM, janrichmond said:

Just gonna say I personally have no problem with any lyrics from GNR. They're a rock band , to me it's all part of the package or image, sex,drugs and rock n roll. Duff should admit the truth, there's no saints in GNR. 

:headbang:rock3

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 31/05/2019 at 6:23 AM, janrichmond said:

Just gonna say I personally have no problem with any lyrics from GNR. They're a rock band , to me it's all part of the package or image, sex,drugs and rock n roll. Duff should admit the truth, there's no saints in GNR. 

Agree jan and the more he tries to backpeddle on the lyrics  the more he looks like a dick. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Duff McKagan doesn’t consider himself much of an activist. “I give to charity,” he says, “but I do it in a silent way that I think is righteous.” Lately, he’s starting to feel more comfortable talking openly about how he makes a difference in the world.

:lol:

I saw his and Susan’s instagram posts from the music cares charity event they went to a couple of weeks ago. They donated 8,000 dollars, a signed Duff McKagan Fender bass guitar and a portion of proceeds from Susan’s book. 

I know this because they posted it about ten times! 

I don't like this Duff very much

Edited by Georgina Arriaga
  • Like 4