GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Duff McKagan doesn’t consider himself much of an activist. “I give to charity,” he says, “but I do it in a silent way that I think is righteous.” Lately, he’s starting to feel more comfortable talking openly about how he makes a difference in the world.

:lol:

I saw his and Susan’s instagram posts from the music cares charity event they went to a couple of weeks ago. They donated 8,000 dollars, a signed Duff McKagan Fender bass guitar and a portion of proceeds from Susan’s book. 

I know this because they posted it about ten times! 

I noticed that, hard not to really :lol: He'll be filming himself feeding the homeless before we know it :dj:

• Haha 1

Hi! Long time no see :P 

Anyway, this Duff...I felt like saying something as well, keeping the shade going and all :awesomeface: I hate this Duff, like a huge feeling of dislike for him -  and god knows how much I love this giraffe for real. But wtf. I was ok with Duff the peace-maker, Duff the yoga instructor, Duff the King of kale smoothies McKagan, but this Duff is a no-no. Bring Izzy Duff back :max:

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

Even though it seems contradictory to say he does charity in a silent way and then his wife posts photos or videos of them doing charity, I would give them the benefit of doubt by thinking those kind of posts (with the reach they have to thousands of people) could inspire others to do the same.

It's not entirely bad to "promote" your charity act if at the same time you are exposing a situation that it is not widely known to the general public or if you are helping a NGO to get more visibility. In that sense, their popularity is useful for a lot of people.

Edited by killuridols
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, killuridols said:

Even though it seems contradictory to say he does charity in a silent way and then his wife posts photos or videos of them doing charity, I would give them the benefit of doubt by thinking those kind of posts (with the reach they have to thousands of people) could inspire others to do the same.

It's not entirely bad to "promote" your charity act if at the same time you are exposing a situation that it is not widely known to the general public or if you are helping a NGO to get more visibility. In that sense, their popularity is useful for a lot of people.

Wasn't Axl asked at China exchange about charity work?  Their popularity could be the foundation of innumerable good deeds and they mustn't keep mum.

2 hours ago, brig said:

Wasn't Axl asked at China exchange about charity work?  Their popularity could be the foundation of innumerable good deeds and they mustn't keep mum.

Yeah, but his answer was kind of poor in my weak recollection of that event.

Im sure they all participate of charity work in one way or another and I don't like criticizing them for that.

Actually, I have this perception that most middle-upper class USA citizens have the charity work incorporated in their lives as something they regularly do.

Just now, alfierose said:

I remember when that photo leaked of Axl visiting a teenage cancer ward. It wasn't until a few years later we heard about it. He probably does all kinds of stuff, I just don't think he's the type to talk about it.

Well... Axl hardly talks about anything, really :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, dgnr said:

Anyway, this Duff...I felt like saying something as well, keeping the shade going and all :awesomeface: I hate this Duff, like a huge feeling of dislike for him -  and god knows how much I love this giraffe for real. But wtf. I was ok with Duff the peace-maker, Duff the yoga instructor, Duff the King of kale smoothies McKagan, but this Duff is a no-no. Bring Izzy Duff back :max:

I noticed you hadn’t been around for a while - it’s good to see you! 

I’m just joking really about his charity bragging and all - but his re-writing the past and saying GnR don’t objectify women in interviews has made me wanna throw plenty of shade the giraffes way :lol:

It annoyed me so much I ignored his new tour videos and I just couldn’t listen to his new album when it first came out - I have listend to it now but I skipped straight past his fake feminism track, that is just a huge NOPE from me! I can’t listen to that bullshit! 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I’m just joking really about his charity bragging and all - but his re-writing the past and saying GnR don’t objectify women in interviews has made me wanna throw plenty of shade the giraffes way :lol:

:lol:

I feel ya, sistah!

Been thinking a lot about it.... I need to understand why he did that, though..... Because Duff was never THAT BAD in my book, aside from being an alcoholic and kind of dumb when he was young, Im not sure he was a shit guy to women, like other band members...... maybe Im wrong, I don't know much about Duff in that regard :shrugs:.... he's also like the only band member with a steady, sort of "normal" family now..... but I wonder if it is his insecurity towards Axl or Slash what makes him have this hypocrite speech now..... or is it his loyalty to those guys?

Also, what he said was in the context of trying to differentiate himself (or themselves) from people like Trump.... which is weird too..... Axl and Duff, they seem to have an obsession with Trump and with distancing themselves from him..... why is that? :question:

Edit: I have not listened to his album neither his feminist song.... is it worth analyzing lyrics? :lol:
Im really not motivated to listen to anything from this band, lol.... and last time I listened to Duff stuff I thought it sucked and he had a horrible voice :facepalm:

Edited by killuridols
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, dgnr said:

Welcome back! and I want Duff to just be honest and say 'we wrote some dodgy stuff back then because that's what we were' or something to that effect. 🦒

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

4 hours ago, janrichmond said:

Welcome back! and I want Duff to just be honest and say 'we wrote some dodgy stuff back then because that's what we were' or something to that effect. 🦒

Yeah, that's kind of the approach Slash has taken in his interviews. Honestly all these Duff interviews and podcasts have gotten kind of boring. Same stuff repeated over and over.

• Like 2

On 11/6/2019 at 12:48 AM, janrichmond said:

Yeah,exactly this! Back then they wrote from another state of mind/life frame...Street rats etc... That was the way they used to see and interpret what was going on around,as a part of it.

And i can not really tell if they overgeneralise the meaning of the lyrics or if some songs are targeted to certain persons,or certain moments/incidents...

But can not people change their views over the years as their life change too? Duff for so long is a family man, father,worldwide acceptable musician etc...

I can not know what's goin on his head about women but i can not see hypocrisy in the whole tenderness thing... And he's not talking about a lovely lovey dovey romantic relationship...I take it as we need more compassion in our relationships, let it be friendship,whatever kind of intimate bond...

... I take with a grain of salt the trials to reforn the whole GNR lyrics meaning,from whoever they come from...

I think there are some thin lines,we can not totally cross and get, what a musician talks about...And i also think that some musicians have said things like'Oh i wrote that shit in my youth,on drugs, booze, etc...Today?Naahh, not even!"

Call it maturity?conformism maybe,change through experience?idk, whatever...

But rock is surely not about angels happy flying in the meadows spreading flowers to everybody all day long :lol:... So, i prefer honesty with no sugar coated excuses,like it or not, truth is always better than a good  lie... Haven't read the latest Duff's statements due to lack of time but i created an idea from your comments... But once, i've heard very carefully this so i just leave it here... I'm not taking anyone's place, i just prefer to listen the pure, rough truth as hard as it is, then i decide if i agree or not..

Edited by Lillie
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Lillie said:

But rock is surely not about angels happy flying in the meadows spreading flowers to everybody all day long :lol:... So, i prefer honesty with no sugar coated excuses,like it or not, truth is always better than a good  lie... Haven't read the latest Duff's statements due to lack of time but i created an idea from your comments... But once, i've heard very carefully this so i just leave it here... I'm not taking anyone's place, i just prefer to listen the pure, rough truth as hard as it is, then i decide if i agree or not..

I agree rock was never about happy angels flying in the sky but how come you get a sweet beautiful song like SCOM coming from the same mouth that spat "police & n-----" or "immigrants & f------"?

Honesty has nothing to do with insults and discrimination. I firmly believe that rock n' roll has to EVOLVE with the times, and this is not to say they should be writing lyrics about flowers, butterflies and happiness, but what would be the point to perpetuate hatred on women or minority groups in 2019? :shrugs:

There is so much rock could protest against, the world is fucked up in serious ways, targeting innocent people is bullshit and I would not support new music made in this century which lyrics aimed to hurt people because of their gender, sexual, racial or religious orientation. Don't we have enough destruction in the real world to top it with music that supports such horrifying acts?

The Duff in the interview that you posted is the same Duff from the newest interviews. He is uncomfortable with the questions about ISE and he starts saying that this song is "very much tongue-in-cheek, not mysoginist in any way", then the interviewer asks him how does he explain these lyrics to his daughters but she doesn't let him finish the answer he was giving, so all he got to say about that was that he thinks there's a "spirit of rock n roll" that is "above mysoginy and homophobia" and that is related to "primal sex".

I don't know what to make from that.... While I understand what he means, I'm having a hard time to relate the lines in ISE with a healthy consented sexual relationship... Not saying it cannot happen but if I was "the bitch" in those lines, I would have turned around and bite his dick off :lol:

2 hours ago, killuridols said:

I agree rock was never about happy angels flying in the sky but how come you get a sweet beautiful song like SCOM coming from the same mouth that spat "police & n-----" or "immigrants & f------"?

Honesty has nothing to do with insults and discrimination. I firmly believe that rock n' roll has to EVOLVE with the times, and this is not to say they should be writing lyrics about flowers, butterflies and happiness, but what would be the point to perpetuate hatred on women or minority groups in 2019? :shrugs:

There is so much rock could protest against, the world is fucked up in serious ways, targeting innocent people is bullshit and I would not support new music made in this century which lyrics aimed to hurt people because of their gender, sexual, racial or religious orientation. Don't we have enough destruction in the real world to top it with music that supports such horrifying acts?

The Duff in the interview that you posted is the same Duff from the newest interviews. He is uncomfortable with the questions about ISE and he starts saying that this song is "very much tongue-in-cheek, not mysoginist in any way", then the interviewer asks him how does he explain these lyrics to his daughters but she doesn't let him finish the answer he was giving, so all he got to say about that was that he thinks there's a "spirit of rock n roll" that is "above mysoginy and homophobia" and that is related to "primal sex".

I don't know what to make from that.... While I understand what he means, I'm having a hard time to relate the lines in ISE with a healthy consented sexual relationship... Not saying it cannot happen but if I was "the bitch" in those lines, I would have turned around and bite his dick off :lol:

Well,you first mentioned one in a million,a song written so many years before,under certain personal circumstances and experiences.Axl  had made his statement towards it in an interview,there is a video on ytube..I think he makes his views clear..He sounds overgeneralising,but he clarifies that the lyrics were targeted to certain people he had troubles with..

I can clearly see the avoidance in Duff"s face,but nor Duff neither Axl are not ruling the world..They are just people who became famous from the gutter through their talent and under the whole sleezy rnr image...GNR are not responsible about the shit was going on around the world nor they can change a bit,whatever lyrics they may write.. I don't believe that art can change the world,it may help you think and act accordingly,critical thought,filters or monkey chewing is listener's problem,not writter's...

Sometimes exposing the tough nasty truth,may works as an example to avoid,not to copy!

For me,It's all a matter of education,not necessarily academic..Some things you never learn in school or university.....

If music was enough to move vast majority  of masses to change their minds and acts,I think that after every Iron Maiden concert or Rock Metal festival,masses would have been out in the streets the very next day to protest against whatever..Instead people look after their own business,household,family,their own little world trynna protect what is left for them to keep them alive  trying the everyday...Fear?I cannot tell 

I never believed that art has had such power to move stones..It may only move you emotionally,help you put some steam off,relief  n go back in your routine...

Edited by Lillie
  • Like 2

And unfortunately people can not coexist happily in peace n friendship all in good terms cause there are so much inequities..Goverments,politicians are responsible to handle this,to bring a balance..We are all a part of the worst jungle cause an animal will kill only to eat,like we are animal killers.Although people kill ,abuse misuse betray take advantage of others in so many damned ways that sometimes I wish I was a dog or a cat anything but human 

As for the ISE well I love it! I take no offense as a woman,cause it says Me this:Sex is so easy ,if sex is your only motivation n u can do nothing useful and constructive but this,then so be it! I never saw it as a confrontation towards females,like they are for F@@ only.

And y know what,I may sing it for a poser fuckboy 😉 Or a hoe who got in between me and my man...Every gender,race,culture has black sheeps and what I find hypocritical and overdramatic is to trynna turn a blind eye on ours or other's shit,with the excuse of weakness...Meh..Under a sheep may hides a well hidden wolf ready to slay the first pray with no reason,just out of complexity syndrome....So,sometimes I prefer "wolf" ,cause you know that he wants just to eat you,so you can protect yourself....I don't think I have something to add Thanx for the dialogue..☺

Edited by Lillie
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Lillie said:

Well,you first mentioned one in a million,a song written so many years before,under certain personal circumstances and experiences.Axl  had made his statement towards it in an interview,there is a video on ytube..I think he makes his views clear..He sounds overgeneralising,but he clarifies that the lyrics were targeted to certain people he had troubles with..

I have read and seen every explanation that Axl has given regarding the song and my conclusion is that he was an ignorant, arrogant fuck and that OIAM is a horrible song, lyrics wise, that I will never play or listen to again.

Clarifying that he was aiming the message to specific people makes it even worse of an excuse, because then it means he didn't give a fuck about the black people who were not like that, the gay people who were not like that, neither that in the future a family of immigrants would be the only family that he would have.

So.... that's it for me. Obviously, it is my opinion and my stance. I do not expect other people to share my views, but I will defend them if given the chance.

I can clearly see the avoidance in Duff"s face,but nor Duff neither Axl are not ruling the world..They are just people who became famous from the gutter through their talent and under the whole sleezy rnr image...GNR are not responsible about the shit was going on around the world nor they can change a bit,whatever lyrics they may write.. I don't believe that art can change the world,it may help you think and act accordingly,critical thought,filters or monkey chewing is listener's problem,not writter's...

Well, who rules the world anyway?... is there one person who does this? :question: I don't think so....

We are all responsible for our own behaviors, for the way we treat others, and those who are parents are responsible for the way they educate their children.

All of us make this world together, even if we live in societies, if we are lucky enough to live in democracies, just because we have governments and delegate certain tasks on specific people, this doesn't relevate us from the responsability we have as citizens and human beings, so I don't know what you mean by that........ when you make music and you're famous, your voice sounds louder than other voices. I think some sort of responsability comes with that, and while I dont think musicians are responsible for the education of people, I do think the weight of their message DOES affect some people.

Duff himself says in that interview you posted that many people tell him that his music changed their lives, so there you have it, the influence is evident.

Sometimes exposing the tough nasty truth,may works as an example to avoid,not to copy!

It depends on how you say it, though!

If you say "immigrants & f------, they make no sense to me", most people will interpret those lines in a literal way. Obviously, it will depend on your own education how those lines impact on you, but I wouldn't be surprised that someone who is searching for a job sees a bunch of immigrants waiting in the same line as them, then learns one of those people got the job, this person returns home all frustrated and listens to OIAM..... that's how the resentment is born.

Same happens with media... in my country, the media is constantly sending a negative message about immigrants. They are always showing news about how immigrants are involved in all sorts of crimes. Then you have the population fearing immigrants even if they never interacted with one. Then you have people asking the government to get more strict with immigration laws.

People are highly influenced by these type of messages.

For me,It's all a matter of education,not necessarily academic..Some things you never learn in school or university.....

That's when you are lucky to get a good education from your family. This is not the case for a lot of people. More people than you think.

As for the ISE well I love it! I take no offense as a woman,cause it says Me this:Sex is so easy ,if sex is your only motivation n u can do nothing useful and constructive but this,then so be it! I never saw it as a confrontation towards females,like they are for F@@ only.

Well, he DOES say "bitch, I've got a use for you" and that use is sex, so if you are not able to read that as what it is, I dont know what to tell you.... :shrugs:

Reducing human beings to mere sexual objects is.... depicable in my view, so I do not agree with that. I do not take "personal offense" but I know I wouldn't like to have any kind of relationship with someone who treats me that way.

I know raw sex, or "primal sex" like Duff described it, does exist and some people like engaging on it.... It is not my cup of tea, though.... I guess that, as long as this is a consexual act between adults and they agree to the terms of it, then it is fine...... but this is hard to figure out from the lines of that song, since the only one "talking" is the man in the relationship.

And y know what,I may sing it for a poser fuckboy 😉 Or a hoe who got in between me and my man...Every gender,race,culture has black sheeps and what I find hypocritical and overdramatic is to trynna turn a blind eye on ours or other's shit,with the excuse of weakness...

Hmm... I'm sorry but when you say "hoe" to refer to a third person in your relationship, that shows how your brain has been molded to think in patriarchal terms.

Not trying to defend someone who willingly accepts to interfer someone else's relationship, but shouldn't you be mad at "your man" more than at her?

Your man is responsible for respecting you, other women too, but if you are exclusive with someone, the commitment is between you and him.

2 hours ago, killuridols said:

I have read and seen every explanation that Axl has given regarding the song and my conclusion is that he was an ignorant, arrogant fuck and that OIAM is a horrible song, lyrics wise, that I will never play or listen to again.

Clarifying that he was aiming the message to specific people makes it even worse of an excuse, because then it means he didn't give a fuck about the black people who were not like that, the gay people who were not like that, neither that in the future a family of immigrants would be the only family that he would have.

So.... that's it for me. Obviously, it is my opinion and my stance. I do not expect other people to share my views, but I will defend them if given the chance.

Well, who rules the world anyway?... is there one person who does this? :question: I don't think so....

We are all responsible for our own behaviors, for the way we treat others, and those who are parents are responsible for the way they educate their children.

All of us make this world together, even if we live in societies, if we are lucky enough to live in democracies, just because we have governments and delegate certain tasks on specific people, this doesn't relevate us from the responsability we have as citizens and human beings, so I don't know what you mean by that........ when you make music and you're famous, your voice sounds louder than other voices. I think some sort of responsability comes with that, and while I dont think musicians are responsible for the education of people, I do think the weight of their message DOES affect some people.

Duff himself says in that interview you posted that many people tell him that his music changed their lives, so there you have it, the influence is evident.

It depends on how you say it, though!

If you say "immigrants & f------, they make no sense to me", most people will interpret those lines in a literal way. Obviously, it will depend on your own education how those lines impact on you, but I wouldn't be surprised that someone who is searching for a job sees a bunch of immigrants waiting in the same line as them, then learns one of those people got the job, this person returns home all frustrated and listens to OIAM..... that's how the resentment is born.

Same happens with media... in my country, the media is constantly sending a negative message about immigrants. They are always showing news about how immigrants are involved in all sorts of crimes. Then you have the population fearing immigrants even if they never interacted with one. Then you have people asking the government to get more strict with immigration laws.

People are highly influenced by these type of messages.

That's when you are lucky to get a good education from your family. This is not the case for a lot of people. More people than you think.

Well, he DOES say "bitch, I've got a use for you" and that use is sex, so if you are not able to read that as what it is, I dont know what to tell you.... :shrugs:

Reducing human beings to mere sexual objects is.... depicable in my view, so I do not agree with that. I do not take "personal offense" but I know I wouldn't like to have any kind of relationship with someone who treats me that way.

I know raw sex, or "primal sex" like Duff described it, does exist and some people like engaging on it.... It is not my cup of tea, though.... I guess that, as long as this is a consexual act between adults and they agree to the terms of it, then it is fine...... but this is hard to figure out from the lines of that song, since the only one "talking" is the man in the relationship.

Hmm... I'm sorry but when you say "hoe" to refer to a third person in your relationship, that shows how your brain has been molded to think in patriarchal terms.

Not trying to defend someone who willingly accepts to interfer someone else's relationship, but shouldn't you be mad at "your man" more than at her?

Your man is responsible for respecting you, other women too, but if you are exclusive with someone, the commitment is between you and him.

Well one by one 1)I start from the end... None belongs to none...You don't like me anymore? Tell me in my face it's over all good, It doesn't happen that way... Betrayal n non loyalty from a partner is expectable cause people get bored one day... Involving of a female friend, not a random girl that he met in a bar hurts more... I won't say more , these are personal things, i don't think other readers give a shit to read...

For me not all women are saints not all men demons, it depends to the person n character...

2) I don't either get your pointing out patriarchy leftovers in 2019 when both sexes cheat more easy than they take a pee... Back in past, relationships ,marriage, meant something and it was respectable,, at least in my world, Now...you spoil it in a matter of secs, not to say that most people avoid creating bonds and prefer quick easy just sex, here it comes the ISE  meaning for me..No emotion, no commitment nothing...And i don't think that it happens to my country that still has the triagle "Family, religion, homeland" as a respectable thing and not in other more evolved and open minded countries like America or Europe... Keep in mind that we speak out of the spectrum of what happens to our worlds and influences us...

I have no problem with race colour ethnicity religion gay bi or whatever difference you may come from(not you,anybody) Greeks know immigrations better than their morning prayer,not the last decade due to crisis, but ages before... We used to be a country with hospitality"philoxenia"is our term,tolerance open borders and acceptance and help of immigrants....Now Greek people with degrees immigrate all over the world cause you can pretty much put your degree in your butt here, to put it mildly...Sea is an open gate for any kind of immmigrant, from here have passed people who did the baTACLAN THE mANCHESTER etc riot... I know how they suffer but we doesn't have it much better...

Threre are immigrants hard workers that are prefered for a cheapest wage, family people who has created business and mind their own business and there are any kind of criminals...Centre of Athens when dusk falls turns to a ghetto...Go to Omonoia and streets around and if you make it alive you are really lucky.... Innumerous incidents of murders or brutal bloody attacks against women, men,pregnant women, old people goes on every single day...

They're not after rich people anymore, they can stub you in the middle of the road just for your purse just for a few euros or a random cellphone...95% of those incidents that have tremendously risen the last five years comes from immigrants... How Can you keep your xenophobia calm?I'm gonna put 3 famous incidents if i find sth in English....What was those people's fault to be slayed alive in the street by an immigrant who came to a country to find a better luck and he did find it?

I have nothing more to say... I speak from my spectrum of what's goin on around me with no colour or ethicity fanatism, i would'nt have a problem to say so....I speak aboout criminality and how this creates perceptions and overgeralisations

Final.it was life itself taught me the hardest lessons the hardest way, Not University i've finished, of course my family gave me advices and moral values but life out there doesn't ask you when it kicks you in the gutt or pulls your leg ;) You take the lesson after exam,unlike school...

These are my opinions, i have a dialogue, nothing personal with unknown people, i don't try to pass them but i don't accept calling me out just because i like GNR and their songs more than you... Have a nice day/night...Here is night... As for Axl got saved by immigrants, oh well i don't think that they saved AXL ROSE out of pure humanitarian mercy without counting profit, i Don't care from were they are, they could be some white sharks like Goldstein etc... AXL ROSE was a Golden cow anyways...Wanted zombie or Alive!

Edited by Lillie
  • Like 2

https://el.wikipedia.org/wiki/Υπόθεση_Μυρτώς_Παπαδομιχελάκη I either can't find sth in English or it doesn't exist... If you care use page translate

https://www.news247.gr/koinonia/eglima/ntokoymento-fotografies-fonos.6103676.html 

https://www.protothema.gr/greece/article/815349/fotografies-stin-euelpidon-oi-pakistanoi-pou-skotosan-ton-25hrono-nikola-stou-filopappou/ 

A 15yo brutally raped and smashed on the head with a stone,left alive with 99% permanent total disability just because she went for a walk on the beach at a crowded island full of tourists

A father got killed in the middle of the street on the early morning just because he baught a camera to film his new born.Her wife waited for him just to get informed minutes after she gave birth that she is a widow from a random guy just for the fkn camera

A  boy who gone for studies to Portogalia, came for a short vacation back home.had his portugese gf with him and they took a walk to see Lycabettus... In defense of the phone and girl's bag and life he got thrown down the hill by 2 underage immigrants...

There's a lot goin on everyday, those are just widely known....Yeah i support and have mercy on people who left their homeland out of war like refugees who got in boats and get sink and live in horriblle terms in hot spots but at the same time some of them they throw boxes of food unopened,judt because they didn't like it... A Greek mother gone begging for a plate to feed her kids and she received a NO cause they were food for refugees...Who is responsible to handle all of this worldwide? Average Joes. Rocks stars or politicians? Please...

Edited by Lillie
  • Like 1

Oh, and about the term BITCH I've read a great book by an English author called"why men love bitches"

I suggest it to every woman. Is Bitch a curse word in America? I thought it a was sth like, hey come on you badass or cunning wit or sth....We say"Kargiola' in Greek in friendly convos and "Malaka"

Kargiola means Bed in Italian while in greek means smart ass bad ass, Malaka means asshole in English but we use it like Americans say yo mAN....So cultural differences??

Edited by Lillie

Forgot to say that back in 80's 90's when OIAM was written ,being gay was considered as a sin worldwide,you didn't dare to come out,your life was in extreme danger! nOW  WITH lgbt PRIDES etc things are more calm and acceptable ,but the song was depicting the mindset back then! I inform you that here the macho man style is still alive and is like 'do whatever y want in ur bed but do not provoke in public"How a kiss between a gay couple is provoking, what exactly provokes??? I personally don' like to see people making out in public or in a crowded beach in front of others, just because they are straight and this is natural? One thing is hugs and kisses but have almost sex in front of the eyes of others makes me wanna throw up... You don't have a personal space people? 

And about consensual rough sex... When is consensual everything is ok... When is forced,then is a crime! Should we crucify GNR and the whole rock stardom just because their naughty lives? This is Rock... They don't pretend the square guys...And i hail the honesty...As for the deeds, i hope that everyone who has caused or causes harm physical or emotional to meet justice....One way or another... That won't make me listen to less GNR music or Like Axl less Though... Nor me nor the millions of fans of  his band and persona...Call us idiots,in the end...:shrugs:

Edited by Lillie

1 hour ago, Lillie said:

Well one by one 1)I start from the end... None belongs to none...You don't like me anymore? Tell me in my face it's over all good, It doesn't happen that way... Betrayal n non loyalty from a partner is expectable cause people get bored one day... Involving of a female friend, not a random girl that he met in a bar hurts more... I won't say more , these are personal things, i don't think other readers give a shit to read...

For me not all women are saints not all men demons, it depends to the person n character...

I never said all women are saints and all men are demons, and you don't have to get personal when talking about this. It is not necessary.

I think there are all kinds of people in the world and two kinds of relationships: healthy and unhealthy ones. After a good chunk of time, I am ready to pursue the healthy ones, I don't have a negative view of the future, neither I am disappointed to the level of thinking everybody is a cheater.

1 hour ago, Lillie said:

2) I don't either get your pointing out patriarchy leftovers in 2019 when both sexes cheat more easy than they take a pee...

I brought it up because of the way you expressed yourself about another woman. If this was a personal case that you were presenting, I didn't know and I'm not up for knowing the details, it is none of my business.

Either way, I don't think gender plays a part when it comes to being a bad person.

1 hour ago, Lillie said:

not to say that most people avoid creating bonds and prefer quick easy just sex, here it comes the ISE  meaning for me..No emotion, no commitment nothing...

I think Duff was refering more to the kind of practice, not to the type of bond. When he says "primal sex" he is definitely talking about the most basic instincts and these are emotions too.

1 hour ago, Lillie said:

Greeks know immigrations better than their morning prayer,not the last decade due to crisis, but ages before... We used to be a country with hospitality"philoxenia"is our term,tolerance open borders and acceptance and help of immigrants....Now Greek people with degrees immigrate all over the world cause you can pretty much put your degree in your butt here, to put it mildly...

The economic situation in Greece was pretty much similar to the Argentina of year 2001. I remember that when we were able to get out of the hole by the mid 2000's, your country took us as a "role model" to fix your own economy.
Now we are back into the whole again so I hope you don't follow our steps :lol: but I can relate to what you're saying here, we kinda have the same problems regarding economy and the social situation.

I still do not think this should be blamed on immigration.... at least in my country, the local criminals surpass the foreigner ones. In most cases, poverty is to blame, inequality, some people are extremely rich and others are extremely poor. Middle class is disappearing.

1 hour ago, Lillie said:

A Greek mother gone begging for a plate to feed her kids and she received a NO cause they were food for refugees...Who is responsible to handle all of this worldwide? Average Joes. Rocks stars or politicians? Please...

Where do politicians come from? Are they born in a different planet? Who gives them power: citizens or an external force?

If you are lucky to live in a democracy and you get to vote, then politicians are people like you and me, they were born in your societies and educated in your schools. It is time to vote responsibly next time you have to. Getting involved in the politics of your country is a MUST for anyone.

I see lots of people not giving a fuck about who they are governed by. Uncommitted citizens who vote for the one who "looks better". They don't bother investigating their politicians, getting to know them, how they think, what's their past, how they performed if they had a public charge before...

"Complains, complains, complains...." :lol:

52 minutes ago, Lillie said:

Is Bitch a curse word in America? I thought it a was sth like, hey come on you badass or cunning wit or sth

In general, I don't think it is a nice word to say. There are some exceptions but I wouldn't use it out of the blue.

25 minutes ago, Lillie said:

Should we crucify GNR and the whole rock stardom just because their naughty lives? This is Rock... I don't pretend the square guy...And i hail the honesty...

Analyzing the lyrics of some songs is far from "crucifying" the band and many people in the rock stardom have admitted to their wrongdoings, so I don't see the point of defending them just because they are "rock stars". Applying a different standard to judge them is not good.

Honesty is not the word I'd use to describe them.... that's not honesty... that was bragging... they did it because they could do it and they didn't really care about any consequences, they were reckless.
They took advantage of the status quo, which nowadays has changed, and that's mainly the reason why Duff gets utterly uncomfortable with those questions.