GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

On ‎31‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 8:46 PM, killuridols said:

IBelieve me you can when you start learning about this movement and get to understand what it really is about, you realize how much frenetic consumerism affects your life, how many useless things you own and how you can improve your finances by making conscious choices about your consumerism.

It looks to me that Izzy doesn't own a lot of clothes and in general he seems to be a simple guy leading a simple life. That's the essence of minimalism. It's not only about clothes, it covers nutrition, finances, household, feelings, thoughts, it's a philosophy of life.

Right. And thanks to the moron running our country at the moment, I think everyone's kinda becoming a minimalist here :P

Yeah, Izzy seems to be a simple guy - I love that about him btw - but I'm not sure how much of a minimalist he is. I remember reading somewhere that he has a big guitar collection and that he buys old cars to repair them. And that skate he bought - I wonder if he got it to actually use it - I'm having a hard time picturing him rolling it :lol: 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Stephanie looks about 30 while axl looks like a grandma.

I couldn't agree more. Having said that I wouldn't be surprised if there was a bit of photoshop here and there as well

17 hours ago, Cass said:

First post, so I have no idea where to post it - but I'm a woman, so this seems suitable :D
I've only watched a handful of UYI tour shots (full concerts), the ones I could get my hands on easily. Noticed that during band introductions Axl goes something like Gilby/Duff/Dizzy/Matt - and then there's a drum solo - did he introduce Slash at that time? I remember watching some (earlier? not sure) stuff where there's separate "half man, half beast" introduction, then guitar solo, but none of that in the stuff I've seen recently (except ocassional vid from usenet I'm watching them on YT, so they might be incomplete)

Hey and welcome to the thread! We always love to have new members coming in!

I have no idea to your questions though. I would have thought he’d always intruduced Slash fans say he didn’t he probably didn’t. :lol:

5 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Bet the knives are out for you after that post! :lol:

YUP!!

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Tori72 said:

I’m glad you overcame your life of hoarding things. I’ve never done that which is why I don’t go and just buy a lot of cheap new clothes. Anyway,  I guess hoarding is about deciding to let go and to say „goodbye“? That’s what my armchair psychology makes out of it. Fear of regret, of feeling alone, making the wrong choices. I totally get that and I think it’s very relatable. Of course, it is not the things and stuff that we need, right? I’m sure it takes some realization to be able to let go of things.

I’ve never been a hoarder. The only thing that I don’t need but cannot say goodbye to is my kids baby clothes. There’s only a bag for each of them, I started off with 3 bags each. lol. But I was able to give it away year after year. I’ll keep those few selected items and maybe maybe will see them on their babies one day. (Which makes me dizzy to even think of but I guess this is why I keep it. Also because I’m nostalgic and sentimental. :D )

Im not like those hoarders from reality tv shows, though! :lol:

Let's say I never got to a state of mind where I couldn't get in or get out of my house, but I became aware that there was a problem with shopping too much or shopping unnecessary bollocks and how that is related with anxiety & stress.

Yeah, it's like you transfer your anxiety and your inner feelings to the objects, you need them around you or just to look at them and when you realize they are not worth it, you have a hard time letting them go. Other things have deep meanings for you, like you have your kids baby clothes. You know your kids don't need those clothes anymore, but you have transfered your mommy emotions and your memories into those clothes, and thats why you are not ready to let them go.
I've watched so many hoarders tv shows and I cry everytime I see the people going nuts when they have to let go of the stuff. It gets violent and too real.... people have unimaginable attachments to things... it is crazy :unsure:

23 hours ago, Tori72 said:

So yeah, how did we start this? Izzy! I can imagine him very well to be more on the minimalistic side. I’m sure he owns a lot of more clothes than I do. But for a rockstar I think he lives somewhat profane. lol

Yes. Im not sure who showed me pics of Izzy's home?

I have bare memories of it but I don't think it was decorated in minimalism style..... Anyhow, I think the man lives a simple life and thats what is important :)

22 hours ago, Padme said:

It's been a while... Wow!!! 51 years young :o

Holy shit, Steph looks soooooooooo amazing, whoooah :wow:

Maybe there's a bit of photoshop to it but overall, I think she's fucking stunning, while Axl...... geez :facepalm:

13 hours ago, solstar said:

Right. And thanks to the moron running our country at the moment, I think everyone's kinda becoming a minimalist here :P

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA :rofl-lol:

True that!!

I guess that will be his only legacy when he leaves, right? (because he's leaving soon, right? :devilshades:)

* Must be some sort of sign that I became a minimalist during his administration, looooooooool

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

Yes. Im not sure who showed me pics of Izzy's home?

I have bare memories of it but I don't think it was decorated in minimalism style..... Anyhow, I think the man lives a simple life and thats what is important :)

Holy shit, Steph looks soooooooooo amazing, whoooah :wow:

Maybe there's a bit of photoshop to it but overall, I think she's fucking stunning, while Axl...... geez :facepalm:

True that!!

I guess that will be his only legacy when he leaves, right? (because he's leaving soon, right? :devilshades:)

* Must be some sort of sign that I became a minimalist during his administration, looooooooool

I wish I had shown you Izzy’s home because that would mean I’d know how he lives! Truth is, I don’t. We have pics from the internet somewhere showing us izzy’s house with the furniture of the person who lived there before. That place is so TINY though that I can’t believe it’s real. What we looked at was his supposedly girlfriend's former home and that was a fucking mansion. All decorated with the best taste ever. For real. Beautiful! I don’t think he lives minimalist. In my mind his home has some kind of a crazy bacholor style, a little without a concept but masculine, carefree, real relaxed and with some taste. (And I think that’s sexy.)

Yes, Stephanie looks a m a z i n g! She is very beautiful. Not for a 51 year old but full stop. She’s a beautiful woman and always will be. I don’t think she’s got a lot of taste though and I don’t like the picture and I think the caption is bullshit. Just in case anyone wanted to know. ;)

What else. Oh Trump. Well, when will the American people get their act together, throw him out of office and into court to face all the shit he did? I’m waiting. The world’s waiting.

9 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Bet the knives are out for you after that post! :lol:

3 hours ago, Tori72 said:

Hey and welcome to the thread! We always love to have new members coming in!

I have no idea to your questions though. I would have thought he’d always intruduced Slash fans say he didn’t he probably didn’t. :lol:

YUP!!

giphy.gif

Not yet. He's kind of like Duff, there's a big difference in his face in the last 20 or so years. Unlike Slash for instance, who still looks pretty similar.

18 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

What else. Oh Trump. Well, when will the American people get their act together, throw him out of office and into court to face all the shit he did? I’m waiting. The world’s waiting.

We want to, just hasn't been able to happen yet.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

We have pics from the internet somewhere showing us izzy’s house with the furniture of the person who lived there before. That place is so TINY though that I can’t believe it’s real. What we looked at was his supposedly girlfriend's former home and that was a fucking mansion. All decorated with the best taste ever.

Umm.... you got me confused there..... whose place is TINY? :blink:
Yes, I guess you are right about those pics being from his gf place but Im not sure now... I remember a guitar and some paint on the wall..... It was beautifully decorated, yeah :shrugs:

21 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Yes, Stephanie looks a m a z i n g! She is very beautiful. Not for a 51 year old but full stop. She’s a beautiful woman and always will be. I don’t think she’s got a lot of taste though and I don’t like the picture and I think the caption is bullshit. Just in case anyone wanted to know. ;)

I think women like her and Erin can look amazing at 50 something because they live for that, lol, for being beautiful and well, a little help from photography also does it... but Axl has got help from photoshop and stuff and he still looks bad, loool-- I mean, not that someone would say he looks 10 or 20 years younger.

I dont have issue with the photo and the caption. I understand what it means :shrugs: and Im glad she's back because she's always been a great professional in her area, much better than some of the boring dull younger girls.

24 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

17 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Don’t they mean the person running Argentina?

His name is Macri something or other and from what I can tell - he’s a proper wanker :lol:

:lol:

LOL yes, we are talking about our President, Mauricio Macri, not Trump but since Macri is a lapdog of Donnie, it is not hard to get them mixed up like Tori did, loooool

You're right, total wanker, the worst president in decades.... 2 months left to vote and we're kicking him out of office, yaaaaaaaay!! :headbang:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Yes, I guess you are right about those pics being from his gf place but Im not sure now... I remember a guitar and some paint on the wall..... It was beautifully decorated, yeah :shrugs:

Well apparently Izzy livs in Rockstar mouse house (teeny weeny smol) because it is „only“ 120 square meters. I can’t believe that, though. That would be VERY humble. Unless he’s got a nice garden shed. The pics I’ve seen from that house were from the person Izzy bought the house from.

And the the guitars and art at the wall were at her place, I think. Not Izzy’s.

7 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Well apparently Izzy livs in Rockstar mouse house (teeny weeny smol) because it is „only“ 120 square meters. I can’t believe that, though. That would be VERY humble. Unless he’s got a nice garden shed. The pics I’ve seen from that house were from the person Izzy bought the house from.

And the the guitars and art at the wall were at her place, I think. Not Izzy’s.

Oh :mellow:

What about the videos he posted on Twitter? Was that at his house? it didnt look so tiny to me :shrugs:

23 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I dont have issue with the photo and the caption. I understand what it means :shrugs: and Im glad she's back because she's always been a great professional in her area, much better than some of the boring dull younger girls.

50 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Oh I do unterstand what it means! What they’re trying to say. But I don’t think they succeeded. A look into the camera and an angle from the womans feet is neither Helmut Newton nor her being in charge. That’s why I call bs on it.

Just now, killuridols said:

image.jpg.a1af2c1309fb0c35d001e04c3b04fb98.jpg

Shite.... I know nothing about Izzy!! :facepalm:

:lol:

ts ts ts

Claudia Schiffer did two similar covers. I like this one the best.

They still look great of course, but as everything is photoshopped these days, you don't really know just how exactly they look.

I've no idea about Izzy's house, but if he still has that house in Mallorca, he might spend some time there too.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Lio said:

Claudia Schiffer did two similar covers. I like this one the best.

They still look great of course, but as everything is photoshopped these days, you don't really know just how exactly they look.

I've no idea about Izzy's house, but if he still has that house in Mallorca, he might spend some time there too.

That looks great. Still not really a woman in charge if that is what they wanna show. Nevermind.

He’s got a house on Mallorca? Didn’t know that. Do you know where?

9 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

That looks great. Still not really a woman in charge if that is what they wanna show. Nevermind.

He’s got a house on Mallorca? Didn’t know that. Do you know where?

No, I don't know where. I heard from it from around the time he did a show with GNR in Mallorca, in 2012. But I've no idea where it is or if he still owns it.

9 hours ago, killuridols said:

True that!!

I really really hope he is; I don't think I can take any more of his lisp tbh :facepalm:

It's gonna be four veeery long months :nervous:

7 hours ago, killuridols said:

What pics are those? 

7 hours ago, Tori72 said:

No that wasn’t his. That was his gf’s.

Who is his current gf btw? Do we know?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, solstar said:

I really really hope he is; I don't think I can take any more of his lisp tbh :facepalm:

It's gonna be four veeery long months :nervous:

What pics are those? 

Who is his current gf btw? Do we know?

Sorry we don’t really know anything, it’s just rumors. Also can’t share the pics because I don’t have them anymore and also Izzy wouldn’t want me to share them. :lol:

• Like 1

On 2. 8. 2019 at 12:08 PM, Sydney Fan said:

Stephanie looks about 30 while axl looks like a grandma.

Look at Stephanie's neck. Necks tend to be age-proper. Even with heavy cosmetic and plastic interventions. And.... real slim women have muscles (abs), pelvic circle line ("V" in men) and ribcage and aren't smooth like morning ski slope, especially 50 years old when the skin is not juicy and tight and firmly holding on subcutis (see neck). She's lucky that graphic didn't smooth away her belly button. Also there naturally is a little bit loose skin and more round curve in waist, the light on her left side of trunk is nonsense, compare it to right. It's far more than when Kat goes wild with retouch. It's precisely posed to stretch eventual facial wrinkles, hats down to that, but I wouldn't compare tons of (fan) photos of current from any angle, light and facial expression of Axl with single precisely posed and adjusted magazine cover image. Stephanie doesn't look thirty, she looks mature, well kept, but not thirty.

Axl doesn't look naturally aged in his face either :rofl-lol: but for me it weirdly fits his somehow childlike personality and ageless vibe he gives. Additionally, he had several weight shifts in last 20 years, from normal to skin and bones to fat to muscular, so...

Edited by Alja
  • Like 3