Jump to content
alfierose

GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Did anyone see the new documentary that aired last night?

What documentary? :question:

Lol

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Did anyone see the new documentary that aired last night?

All I’ve seen so far on social media is some reactions - people a bit pissed off because Alan Niven said Axl pissed away his prime, but that is true, he has. It’s one of the most frustrating things about him. 

Apparently there’s a scene where they have actors playing Axl and Izzy - it’s when Axl freaked out about touring with Aerosmith and locked himself away - so they sent Izzy to talk him round but he wouldn’t let him in either so he had to climb a tree outside Axl’s house to try and talk to him. I really want to see that part of it :lol:

Ha! Loved that part- the person who played Izzy who was in the tree trying to get Axl looked a lot like him! 

But yeah when Alan said that part about Axl pissing away his prime....I was like woah! I LOVED that Gilby was on it and Marc Canter too. Will always love that Gilby! :heart:

I thought it was a fun and entertaining watch but I found it annoying that every 5 minutes, it was like 8 years till the break-up, 7 years, 6 years. Yeah we get! :lol:

  • Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dgnr said:

No. Slash's been away touring and all, so I think we're safe :P 
 

Best time of my life. Lived in Athens but visited a lot of your country. Island speaking I went to Santorini, Crete and Hydra - have to come back to go to Zakynthos though, missed that one - I had the good fortune to sail the Aegean sea as they say in the movie ;) Still what I loved the most was the Peloponnese region. So freaking beautiful. All of the cities, villages, archaeological sites...It's been 4 years and I still dream about Nafplio everyday :heart: 

 

Ohhhh spanakopita is the best, I went to Lidl in Kallithea to buy it and I swear I could have it at anytime of the day!! I was living in Faliro, so real close to the beach, and it was my beach snack :P But this one from my friend, homemade and all, is the best ever. Had an amazing Spanakopita in Meteora too. Souvlaki gyros kotopulo with just a little bit of tzatziki was my usual order at a restaurant near Monastiraki square, I went there almost every weekend and then eat it on Pnyx. Amazing!! I miss it so much!! That and loukoumades and pastisio, of course, love it! I gained 7kg while in Greece, no wonder why - don't go to Greece, Axl :lol::lol: Didn't know that about Thessaloniki and Athens, interesting.

Our temparature here in Portugal...well, it's weird. May was hot as hell but now it's pretty chill. Global warming, it's real, Trump, ok? But Athens in summer, omg. Some weeks of June and July it was impossible. I wanted to die hahahaha



 

BAHAHAHA at the Slaxl hint 😄😂  

Zante and it's famous Keri and Blue Cave beach....Miracles of nature...And the crazy night life of Lagana..When I visited some friends home ,for some days in Zante,only one night we gone to Lagana I was like where have I came in Las Vegas or what?😮 We only gone at the only rock bar which was not crowded ,only a few British girls and we..But in other clubs a real panic went on....Lagana of Zante,Mallia of Crete and Faliraki of Rhodes are full of tourists every summer,but things can go out of control really easy...Too much of booze  ...When I was in Friend's home in Crete they didn't wanna even hear about going around Mallia....I never been in Santorini or Rhodes,but my village is in Pelloponese near Kalamata...Great seas...

Ah....yeah,I curse my life every June till September and I wish I was living in Finland or something..

We forgot about the melomakarona,but unfortunately it only exists in Christmas...

Souvlaki is  an unhealthy piece of junk food  but I'm sure that Axl In LA has All that kind of burgers and tacos and whatever to grow his belly ...If he was here? Hahaha....

 (we don't have taco bell here I don't know how it tastes)We have the Local "Goodys"Burgerhouse,Pizzerias and the Kfc but not a hint about Tacos..Lately they brought the Asian Bao Buns in street food shops,One is in Gazi..

I just remembered that I've lost the great concert he gave here in Rockwave festival cause I was in a university exams period..His voice was a real killer that night.From what I see in Utube 

Oh well..

 

Edited by Lillie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

Ha! Loved that part- the person who played Izzy who was in the tree trying to get Axl looked a lot like him! 

But yeah when Alan said that part about Axl pissing away his prime....I was like woah! I LOVED that Gilby was on it and Marc Canter too. Will always love that Gilby! :heart:

I thought it was a fun and entertaining watch but I found it annoying that every 5 minutes, it was like 8 years till the break-up, 7 years, 6 years. Yeah we get! :lol:

In which channel guys?Is it an internet link?Something like HBO ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Did anyone see the new documentary that aired last night?

All I’ve seen so far on social media is some reactions - people a bit pissed off because Alan Niven said Axl pissed away his prime, but that is true, he has. It’s one of the most frustrating things about him. 

Apparently there’s a scene where they have actors playing Axl and Izzy - it’s when Axl freaked out about touring with Aerosmith and locked himself away - so they sent Izzy to talk him round but he wouldn’t let him in either so he had to climb a tree outside Axl’s house to try and talk to him. I really want to see that part of it :lol:

The breaking the band one?

So, anyone going to the GnR shows this fall? I'm considering going to the Vegas ones.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

The breaking the band one?

So, anyone going to the GnR shows this fall? I'm considering going to the Vegas ones.

Yup that one. Man, I would love to go to an arena tour but am already taking 3 trips this fall/winter. If the SLC one was on a Saturday, I SO would have tried to swing that. Its on a Tuesday! :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

Ha! Loved that part- the person who played Izzy who was in the tree trying to get Axl looked a lot like him! 

But yeah when Alan said that part about Axl pissing away his prime....I was like woah! I LOVED that Gilby was on it and Marc Canter too. Will always love that Gilby! :heart:

I thought it was a fun and entertaining watch but I found it annoying that every 5 minutes, it was like 8 years till the break-up, 7 years, 6 years. Yeah we get! :lol:

HEY. Didn't know about this at all. What's the matter with me??? :max: Where can I see it, lady? I need to see fake Izzy (is it Lortus?) on that tree. @Tori72 wants to see it as well, I know it :lol:

3 hours ago, Lillie said:

BAHAHAHA at the Slaxl hint 😄😂  

What am I here for? :lol:

 

 

3 hours ago, Lillie said:

Too much of booze  ...When I was in Friend's home in Crete they didn't wanna even hear about going around Mallia....I never been in Santorini or Rhodes,but my village is in Pelloponese near Kalamata...Great seas...

Ah....yeah,I curse my life every June till September and I wish I was living in Finland or something..

We forgot about the melomakarona,but unfortunately it only exists in Christmas...

Souvlaki is  an unhealthy piece of junk food  but I'm sure that Axl In LA has All that kind of burgers and tacos and whatever to grow his belly ...If he was here? Hahaha....

 (we don't have taco bell here I don't know how it tastes)We have the Local "Goodys"Burgerhouse,Pizzerias and the Kfc but not a hint about Tacos..Lately they brought the Asian Bao Buns in street food shops,One is in Gazi..

I just remembered that I've lost the great concert he gave here in Rockwave festival cause I was in a university exams period..His voice was a real killer that night.From what I see in Utube 

Oh well..

 

Yeah, we definitely partied a lot in Crete. Boat parties, beach parties, room parties, not so much clubs, but you name it...But we also got to know a lot of places. We stayed in Heraklion, but went to Matala, Knossos, Chania, and more...Maybe Mallia, I don't remember :rofl-lol: 

I almost, almost went to Kalamata. Had bus tickets but had to cancel last minute. I end up doing a road trip with my friends in Pelloponese, it was so beautiful, all that sea and landscapes and views :wub:

Right, enough, I really need to come back!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was in the episode that premiered last night @dgnr. Breaking the Band Guns N Roses on Reelz channel. The clip of fake Izzy was pretty short like 5 seconds but he did wear that beret hat and glasses and looked like him. :)

Edited by marlingrl03
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, dgnr said:

HEY. Didn't know about this at all. What's the matter with me??? :max: Where can I see it, lady? I need to see fake Izzy (is it Lortus?) on that tree. @Tori72 wants to see it as well, I know it :lol:

What am I here for? :lol:

 

 

Yeah, we definitely partied a lot in Crete. Boat parties, beach parties, room parties, not so much clubs, but you name it...But we also got to know a lot of places. We stayed in Heraklion, but went to Matala, Knossos, Chania, and more...Maybe Mallia, I don't remember :rofl-lol: 

I almost, almost went to Kalamata. Had bus tickets but had to cancel last minute. I end up doing a road trip with my friends in Pelloponese, it was so beautiful, all that sea and landscapes and views :wub:

Right, enough, I really need to come back!!

(Out of reactions) Knossos Palace.. Have a lot of photos from my visit! one in front of the Prince ,one at the The throne's room and many others..Historical landmark.... Had a great time in Herakleion too and I felt the great hospitality of Crete local people..  In Kalamata etc,in villages in general,hospitality is a value.Not at all in cold hearted Athens..

Come again when you can..Lately that a Mediterranean hotel opened here,functions as a great tourist attraction...Many famous people have came,even Brandgelina when they were together..And this is really near my village....

I have a yearn to visit Scandinavia...

We have many Italians,Germans,Chinese tourists in Pelloponese..IT'S always nice to exchange a few words in English with tourists..Some speak fluent English,some really broken,so it's so much fun to trynna communicate with hand moves etc.. 

When I was a little kid in primary school we've went to Acropolis..You know how slippery the stone ground is due to so many visits all over the years...Well I slipped and a British elder Lady catched me by the arm before I smashed my head down or my a*😄.I was like "Oh thank you Mrs"""

She was like,"Oh Lord beware my child are you alright?"In heavy British style...

Such a kind Lady,out of nowhere, i wish the best luck to her and her loved ones...Never forgot her face ...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, killuridols said:

How am I supposed to watch those things? I dont have those channels :max:

Yeah...same here...Haven't even heard it before...What is it like Netflix?I haven't Google it yet.. 

Just Googleed it and it needs the "plate" for satellite Tv...I don't have such thing so...

Edited by Lillie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Coming back to our new Duff ( @MillionsOfSpiders:lol:

The thank you section of his new album. Apparently he also thanked the Lebeis  but I don't have access to that.

"I have to thank Slash and Axl for a lifelong of learning and an amazing shared experience of traveling this globe and immersing ourselves in so much culture. You two have thought me a ton about preservance and standing up straight and throwing the fuck down. Not just on stage, but in life."

"Richard Fortus, Frank Ferrer, Dizzy Fuckin Reed, and Melissa Reese for all of the conversation... whether just musical, or verbal throughout that two-and-a-half-year tour. You have all left an incredible indentation on the way I think now"

Edited by dgnr
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16.06.2019 at 3:11 AM, Sydney Fan said:

I dont know how axl flies so under the radar in terms of being seen. I think he does certain things like fitness during the day maybe at home and musical things of a night. So he is still nocturnal. 

out of likes :) he should be called Mr. Invisible too. I really don't know how is he doing that

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nikki Sixx isn’t very happy about the Motley Crue episode of Breaking the Band documentary that was on just before the GN’R one. Someone replied that The Dirt movie wasn’t accurate either :lol:

Slash has liked his posts so maybe GN’R aren’t too thrilled either. Who would’ve  guessed lol. 

14 hours ago, killuridols said:

How am I supposed to watch those things? I dont have those channels :max:

I suppose we must wait until someone posts it somewhere - if we can still be arsed to watch it by then :lol: or the lawyers shut it all down :ph34r:

15 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

It was in the episode that premiered last night @dgnr. Breaking the Band Guns N Roses on Reelz channel. The clip of fake Izzy was pretty short like 5 seconds but he did wear that beret hat and glasses and looked like him. :)

Only 5 seconds :max: I wanted it to be the whole scenario! 

I also read they had the shows regular psychiatrist to analyse Slash and Axl’s relationship - how did that go? :lol:

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I also read they had the shows regular psychiatrist to analyse Slash and Axl’s relationship - how did that go? 

I want to hear that too! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Nikki Sixx isn’t very happy about the Motley Crue episode of Breaking the Band documentary that was on just before the GN’R one. Someone replied that The Dirt movie wasn’t accurate either :lol:

Is it  documentary, fiction or a docu-drama?

If it's fictional I don't think they have to ask for permissions..... there is an artistic license to the biopics I  think, but maybe a disclaimer would be a better way to let people know that some parts might not be entirely accurate or based on real life events. :shrugs:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:
Nikki Sixx isn’t very happy about the Motley Crue episode of Breaking the Band documentary that was on just before the GN’R one. Someone replied that The Dirt movie wasn’t accurate either :lol:

Slash has liked his posts so maybe GN’R aren’t too thrilled either. Who would’ve  guessed lol. 

I suppose we must wait until someone posts it somewhere - if we can still be arsed to watch it by then :lol: or the lawyers shut it all down :ph34r:

Only 5 seconds :max: I wanted it to be the whole scenario! 

I also read they had the shows regular psychiatrist to analyse Slash and Axl’s relationship - how did that go? :lol:

Vince isn't happy either.

and about Slash and Axl's relationship, I forgot exactly what they said but they brought up how they both handle conflict so differently because of the families they were raised in and having Slash handle conflicts one certain way clashed with Axl's. and that they weren't great friends. I don't buy that at all though. You can have totally opposite people who can get along well and be friends. 

But yeah, these shows you have to take with a grain of salt and know that not everything will be accurate,but I like the parts when told from the eyes of people who actually lived it like Gilby. :)

Edited by marlingrl03
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

Vince isn't happy either.

and about Slash and Axl's relationship, I forgot exactly what they said but they brought up how they both handle conflict so differently because of the families they were raised in and having Slash handle conflicts one certain way clashed with Axl's. and that they weren't great friends. I don't buy that at all though. You can have totally opposite people who can get along well and be friends. 

But yeah, these shows you have to take with a grain of salt and know that not everything will be accurate,but I like the parts when told from the eyes of people who actually lived it like Gilby. :)

1 , 2 , 3 ..... Axl will send cease and desist..:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Nikki Sixx isn’t very happy about the Motley Crue episode of Breaking the Band documentary that was on just before the GN’R one. Someone replied that The Dirt movie wasn’t accurate either :lol:

Slash has liked his posts so maybe GN’R aren’t too thrilled either. Who would’ve  guessed lol. 

I suppose we must wait until someone posts it somewhere - if we can still be arsed to watch it by then :lol: or the lawyers shut it all down :ph34r:

Only 5 seconds :max: I wanted it to be the whole scenario! 

I also read they had the shows regular psychiatrist to analyse Slash and Axl’s relationship - how did that go? :lol:

 

6 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

Vince isn't happy either.

and about Slash and Axl's relationship, I forgot exactly what they said but they brought up how they both handle conflict so differently because of the families they were raised in and having Slash handle conflicts one certain way clashed with Axl's. and that they weren't great friends. I don't buy that at all though. You can have totally opposite people who can get along well and be friends. 

But yeah, these shows you have to take with a grain of salt and know that not everything will be accurate,but I like the parts when told from the eyes of people who actually lived it like Gilby. :)

Well Motley Crue takes everything way too seriously, especially Sixx, so I'm not surprised they reacted this way.

I said this in D&N earlier, but there's no way I'm going to Vegas now unless the tickets are marked down later on. Way too much.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With these new shows being annnounced im syre we will see tako up front and centre as usual.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

With these new shows being annnounced im syre we will see tako up front and centre as usual.

Dead sure 😃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

With these new shows being annnounced im syre we will see tako up front and centre as usual.

How is this news? :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/06/2019 at 6:40 PM, killuridols said:

Is it  documentary, fiction or a docu-drama?

If it's fictional I don't think they have to ask for permissions..... there is an artistic license to the biopics I  think, but maybe a disclaimer would be a better way to let people know that some parts might not be entirely accurate or based on real life events. :shrugs:

Supposedly a documentary - with some bad look-a-likes thrown in there for dramatic effect. 

———

https://instagram.com/gunsnrosesliveera?igshid=4k8diq4q3w7z

I have no idea how to post Instagram stories but I looked at this accounts earlier and it made me laugh - it’s the simple things, I guess :lol:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

With these new shows being annnounced im syre we will see tako up front and centre as usual.

Yup 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×