GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

15 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I read in the NY Times that Sante dated Stephanie before she dated Axl.

Sante has photos of his work with Stephanie previous to her relationship with Axl.

Which also confirms that theory about Axl loving to eat his friends leftovers

You mean this article?

https://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/22/fashion/22Brant.html

It doesn't say that he dated Stephanie, only that they were friends and co-workers and he introduced her to Peter Brant.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, killuridols said:

No, its not that. I remember I saw it on IG.

He’s posted a bunch of stuff on IG (both captions and pics) that suggest they knew each other intimately. He was known for “dating” his subjects back in the day and  he took the absolute hottest photos of her (her Playboy shoot and a bunch of others). There was one post of the two of them that he deleted after Axl fans started attacking him 🤣

Edited by Angelica
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Angelica said:

He’s posted a bunch of stuff on IG (both captions and pics) that suggest they knew each other intimately. He was known for “dating” his subjects back in the day and  he took the absolute hottest photos of her (her Playboy shoot and a bunch of others). There was one post of the two of them that he deleted after Axl fans started attacking him 🤣

Yes, yes, yes, yes!!! :headbang:

I mixed up the sources but I remember the pictures and captions. I had them saved in my other IG account and now when I tried to retrieve them, they're not there anymore.... or maybe I don't even know which folder I put them :lol:, it's been sooooo long since I have checked anything related to GN'R, but yes, there was one pic where she's like totally naked :o and he is behind her... lol... it's impossible those two didn't have sex at all.

Steph was a bomb and free-minded woman, that's why the misogynists and conservative women dislike her. She did as she pleased, like we all should do. It's hard for me to see how she damaged Axl so badly, when he was the one who physically hurt her and obsessed over her for more than a decade :shrugs:

-----

BTW, can someone explain to me what the poster in Susan's IG meant by "Axl you snooze you lose"? I don't understand the expression :question:

13 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Yes, yes, yes, yes!!! :headbang:

I mixed up the sources but I remember the pictures and captions. I had them saved in my other IG account and now when I tried to retrieve them, they're not there anymore.... or maybe I don't even know which folder I put them :lol:, it's been sooooo long since I have checked anything related to GN'R, but yes, there was one pic where she's like totally naked :o and he is behind her... lol... it's impossible those two didn't have sex at all.

Steph was a bomb and free-minded woman, that's why the misogynists and conservative women dislike her. She did as she pleased, like we all should do. It's hard for me to see how she damaged Axl so badly, when he was the one who physically hurt her and obsessed over her for more than a decade :shrugs:

-----

BTW, can someone explain to me what the poster in Susan's IG meant by "Axl you snooze you lose"? I don't understand the expression :question:

I’ve always believed Axl took the breakup so hard because he’d allowed himself to get so attached to Dylan and he thought having a family would ‘fix’ his past and mental health issues. But that’s on Axl, not Stephanie. 

‘You snooze you lose’ means you waited too long and missed out on something, it doesn’t fit the situation though. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, GingerHair said:

I don't know for sure how Duff feels about Stephanie but... haven't they ALL bashed Axl over the years, much more repeatedly?  In this extend, they probably all agree the man was a pain in the ass so Duff might even be sympathetic to her. ;)

GNR probably has a complete other level of awkwardness tolerance: Duff got in good terms with Kurt Cobain at end, despite the public feud; Slash and Axl are now in good terms, after years of cross-fire; Meegan, Erin and Mandy kept in contact over the years (although we don't know if Erin is still part of the equation); and, oh gosh, Meegan doesn't mind to show all her teenage love to Slash, despite his nasty words about her on his book. 

"Meegan doesn't mind to show all her teenage love to Slash, despite his nasty words about her on his book."

ive always wondered how slash feels about writing that stuff now.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Angelica said:

I’ve always believed Axl took the breakup so hard because he’d allowed himself to get so attached to Dylan and he thought having a family would ‘fix’ his past and mental health issues. But that’s on Axl, not Stephanie. 

‘You snooze you lose’ means you waited too long and missed out on something, it doesn’t fit the situation though. 

To be honest, thats how duff f e lt when things fell apart betwee  him and mandy.

I think axl saw steph and dylan as having the type of family that he didnt have and wanted to have a stable life with them....until the relationship went sour and doesnt excuse his behaviour.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

To be honest, thats how duff f e lt when things fell apart betwee  him and mandy.

I think axl saw steph and dylan as having the type of family that he didnt have and wanted to have a stable life with them....until the relationship went sour and doesnt excuse his behaviour.

Agreed. But again, that’s on him not her.

46 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

"Meegan doesn't mind to show all her teenage love to Slash, despite his nasty words about her on his book."

ive always wondered how slash feels about writing that stuff now.

Or more to the point, how she does 🤣

53 minutes ago, soon said:

Beta had her own issues with Stephane, no? Thats why she quit and went with Axl?

So even if the comment was about Axl, maybe the entire subject is raw for Betas own reasons too?

No, Beta didn't have any issues with Stepahanie. When Axl and Stephanie broke up Beta also left Axl. Remember, at that time Stephanie was Beta's boss not Axl. Soon after that Axl called Beta. He offered her a job and she took it. 

32 minutes ago, Padme said:

No, Beta didn't have any issues with Stepahanie. When Axl and Stephanie broke up Beta also left Axl. Remember, at that time Stephanie was Beta's boss not Axl. Soon after that Axl called Beta. He offered her a job and she took it. 

Yeah, I thought she quit working for Stephanie when Axl and her broke up? I must have that timeline wrong. But I swear I remember reading a quote from Beta about it being an easy choice to leave with the implication being that she didnt think well of Stephanie.

I've often wondered if it isn't awkward for Meegan and Axl to be around one another. She was the one who testified against him in Erin's lawsuit and called him a pig. If I was in Meegan's position, I'd probably continue to hold it against Axl what he did to my friend. Not that I know whether Meegan and Erin are still friends. I thought they had a fallout at some point?

As for Susan and Stephanie, no reason for any awkwardness there as far as I can tell. It would be quite a stretch to suggest that Susan should allow the singer in her husband's band to dictate who she can and cannot be friends with.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

2 minutes ago, soon said:

Yeah, I thought she quit working for Stephanie when Axl and her broke up? I must have that timeline wrong. But I swear I remember reading a quote from Beta about it being an easy choice to leave with the implication being that she didnt think well of Stephanie.

Yes, I remember that also.

7 minutes ago, soon said:

3 minutes ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

Yes, I remember that also.

Yeah, it's here:

http://ladydairhean.0catch.com/Axl/Interviews/article0155.htm

She didn't really seem to like Stephanie and she hadn't been with her long before she met Axl. Rereading that, I can understand why she might still be bitter about Stephanie, if she thinks she's not a nice person who was never there for her child. But still no reason to tell people to shut up about Axl because they don't know him :lol:

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, soon said:

She badmouth Stephanie AFTER she was hired by Axl. She did an interview during RIR 2001. And there she went after Stephanie. Nobody should be surprised. One thing for sure,if Stephanie would've never been part of Axl's life. Beta wouldn't be in the position she is today.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Angelica said:

That's a reasonable analysis.

10 hours ago, Angelica said:

'You snooze you lose’ means you waited too long and missed out on something, it doesn’t fit the situation though. 

Tnx. It didn't make sense to me that's why I didn't understand... It's strange that Beta picked this comment to argue with. 

2 hours ago, soon said:

Beta had her own issues with Stephane, no? Thats why she quit and went with Axl?

So even if the comment was about Axl, maybe the entire subject is raw for Betas own reasons too?

Yes, I think so. Holding such grudges for so long speaks volumes to me, but I don't want to expand my opinion on that because there is a 1% chance that I would be talking out of my ass :lol:

15 minutes ago, Padme said:

She badmouth Stephanie AFTER she was hired by Axl. She did an interview during RIR 2001. And there she went after Stephanie. Nobody should be surprised. One thing for sure,if Stephanie would've never been part of Axl's life. Beta wouldn't be in the position she is today.

Beta says Stephanie was with her in a different way than she was with others... I wonder what the hell that means :question:

Sounds like Beta was bitter about not becoming Stephanie's right hand and confessor? Drawing a line with the domestic service is always difficult, they know everything about you and when you part ways with them, they go talking bullshit around. Imagine what would happen if Axl was to fire Beta some day... :wow:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, killuridols said:

Imagine what would happen if Axl was to fire Beta some day... :wow:

By now Beta is a woman with resources. She is a manager/assistant and she makes a good amount of money. She could mess up and lose everything. But that remains to be seen.

1 hour ago, Padme said:

By now Beta is a woman with resources. She is a manager/assistant and she makes a good amount of money. She could mess up and lose everything. But that remains to be seen.

Yeah. Though I meant in the sense of speaking and ventilating personal stuff about her boss.

She should not have said those things about her former employer. Sounds unprofessional and like a gossiper.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

You don’t think any part of that story sounds at all suspicious? (and don’t mean the Axl being aggressive part) - I mean other things - you don’t think any of it sounds just a little bit like fantasy?

I hate to be that person - but I sure as hell do!

That's such a famous 'incident', that became part of the story of the band and I was always keen to hear the other side. 

I don't swear by her words. As I never did by Axl's and Slash's version either. The truth might be somewhere in between, I don't know closer to which version.

And that's the problem with most sexual assault allegations and why they get dropped; because it's so difficult to be sure /to proof :shrugs:  

Having said that, some parts of the story I definitely find harder to swallow (like the reactions to the pregnancy and how the miscarriage happened... :suspicious:)

Edited by GingerHair
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

And me, and for the record, I do think it’s fair we get her side of the story - but I can’t post here pretending like there isn’t some serious flaws in my mind about her version. It’s awful to say but that is how I feel about it and that is how I will post.

I know some people in this thread will think I’m “sick” and anti feminist but I can’t really accept the whole miscarriage story and when I doubt something as serious as that it makes me doubt everything. 

I am so sorry if this offends anyone. It’s not my intention. 

Completely agree, my biggest problem is the always change of details in her version, and don't get me started in the miscarriage thing...

• Like 4

The audios were new to me and I'm glad to have had access to it. But I have no interest in introducing a discussion that the person involved can do/has already done by her behalf. 

If someone else wants to listen to it, they can look up or I don't mind to share it in private.

@MillionsOfSpiders, thanks for drawing my attention.

7 minutes ago, Minche said:

Idc what anyone says...Why is this posted here, in WOMEN's thread ? Why is it posted at all? We heard it all before, from Little Michelle herself. We discussed it already. What's the frikkin' point ? 

This is posted here because this is a GNR forum and the topic is GNR related. It is posted in this thread... well, because it was the thread where I wanted to post it!!

• Like 2