GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

33 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

What do you ladies think of Axl's haircut?

In my opinion, Axl didn't have much choice and had to cut his hair, because they were thin. By the way, the hair on the back of the head is not best cut. However, it's a good change, because if we face the truth, he won't have long and beautiful hair ever again. ;)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Lio said:

I don't know if I'm just getting used to it, but I thought it looked better in last night's show than in LA. Plus I admire him for having the courage. I would have a hard time saying goodbye to my long hair :cry:

I don't think it was easy for him too.  We have no clue what's going on in his life. We don't know also what makes him to decide about this or that.  It's all specualtion all the time lol Same goes with his weight. I wouldn't be surpised if it turns out that he has health problems such as diabetes or thyroids etc. :wacko:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lio said:

I don't know if I'm just getting used to it, but I thought it looked better in last night's show than in LA. Plus I admire him for having the courage. I would have a hard time saying goodbye to my long hair :cry:

Are there any really good pictures of his head? I've not been around and been too lazy to look for pics.

So far I only saw the videos and they are all so blurry....

22 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Are there any really good pictures of his head? I've not been around and been too lazy to look for pics.

At first sight i was shocked, caus i like men with long(er) hair, but well, now it is what it is:facepalm::lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, EricA said:
At first sight i was shocked, caus i like men with long(er) hair, but well, now it is what it is:facepalm::lol:

;/

I still can't see what I think I saw when I watched a video some days ago... and now that video is gone.
All videos are gone :max:

Thanks anyway... It looks like a disaster.

Also.... damn, he's so fat :no:

41 minutes ago, killuridols said:

No good pics, as far as I know. I thought it looked better in videos this morning, but they're all gone now, obviously. Maybe it was just the distance. :lol:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lio said:

No good pics, as far as I know. I thought it looked better in videos this morning, but they're all gone now, obviously. Maybe it was just the distance. :lol:

I agree it looks a bit better than last time, but I'm not sure why :lol:

The main problem for me still is that undefined fringe he has. If he managed to fix that, he would look much better. :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, Padme said:

I just remembered this one. It's from the late 90s when he got arrested in Arizona. In this case I think it was Marc Carter's wife who cut his hair. I don't like this haircut either. But It's the lesser evil. What you think?

arosemug1.jpg

Here's the weird fringe again. Someone needs to fix this!

Also, he should grow a beard again. It would make his face look thinner and definitely more human like :lol: 

Edited by solstar

3 hours ago, solstar said:

Also, he should grow a beard again. It would make his face look thinner and definitely more human like :lol: 

Lol - it is not a beard issue. It is that Trump orange makeup issue - lol. Axl hates DT so much that is starting to look like him... (sorry but not sorry, it is true). So yes, PLEASE AXL, FIRE YOUR MAKE-UP ARTIST, WTF! 

As for the hair... I really liked his hair - comparing to how he was wearing before cutting it. Could he afford the best hairstylist in the States, in the world, treatments, whatever? Yeah, perhaps, but you would never, EVER, be able to have the same hair as you used to have when you were 20 (unless if you're Tom Cruise - have no clue what that guy does, but he sure cares about what he eats, and he can count with an entourage that REALLY takes care of all these details for him). Give the a guy (Axl) a break... lol His hair looks better than before / last year, period. Huge improvement. Happy for him. 

Now what needs to be improved: ORANGE makeup. That is ridiculous. 

Belly: no comments. You're Axl F@ Rose. Blame medications? Find better doctors, look for more options, work your ass off, eat healthy, and change your wardrobe. No excuses. 

It makes me cringe when some girls post some current pictures of Axl on Instagram capturing "Oh my Gosh, look at him, so handsome, so perfect, his face, his nose, his whatever". Give me a f@ break. I love him, but he looks REALLY bad (a part from his eyes - inside his eyes). That same wardrobe (3 years and counting), horrible makeup, exceptionally white teeth (nice to have healthy gums and teeth, but those are too damm fake white), and, of course, the huge belly. The problem might be these type of people: "oh you look so good, look at you, so hot, you can get any 20 year old slut that knows nothing about you but your money" when he doesn't. No Axl, you do not look good. We will love you still, but yeah... it makes me a bit sad. EVERYONE AGES... and I still a crush on a bunch of people that are over 70 - because they accept themselves as what they are.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, killuridols said:

That belly ain't from meds.... Stop blaming poor meds, that's a belly from eating like a cow and drinking like there's no tomorrow.

never said it was... and totally agree with you. Out of nothing people are blaming meds even without knowing the real reason, and even if that's the reason behind, that's my point: way too many excuses. This simply means not caring enough (not even saying about "look" but not caring about HEALTH), or having a bunch of ball lickers telling you how great you look. No excuses, period. 

2 hours ago, ACDC8 said:

never said it was... and totally agree with you. Out of nothing people are blaming meds even without knowing the real reason, and even if that's the reason behind, that's my point: way too many excuses. This simply means not caring enough (not even saying about "look" but not caring about HEALTH), or having a bunch of ball lickers telling you how great you look. No excuses, period. 

He's not caring enough of himself.  it doesn't matter if the reasons are" being lazy & eating too much, or meds, or real healthy problems. No matter what it's, it's not helping him.  My point is that, as you said, there's no excuses, but being harsh to him is different story, and ppl should behave better ( not talking about you ;) ).   on your earlier posts you mentioned his eyes- oh my gosh. THAT's one thing which hasn't changed. Very intense, piercing eyes :)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ACDC8 said:

Lol - it is not a beard issue. It is that Trump orange makeup issue - lol. Axl hates DT so much that is starting to look like him... (sorry but not sorry, it is true). So yes, PLEASE AXL, FIRE YOUR MAKE-UP ARTIST, WTF! 

As for the hair... I really liked his hair - comparing to how he was wearing before cutting it. Could he afford the best hairstylist in the States, in the world, treatments, whatever? Yeah, perhaps, but you would never, EVER, be able to have the same hair as you used to have when you were 20 (unless if you're Tom Cruise - have no clue what that guy does, but he sure cares about what he eats, and he can count with an entourage that REALLY takes care of all these details for him). Give the a guy (Axl) a break... lol His hair looks better than before / last year, period. Huge improvement. Happy for him. 

Now what needs to be improved: ORANGE makeup. That is ridiculous. 

Belly: no comments. You're Axl F@ Rose. Blame medications? Find better doctors, look for more options, work your ass off, eat healthy, and change your wardrobe. No excuses. 

It makes me cringe when some girls post some current pictures of Axl on Instagram capturing "Oh my Gosh, look at him, so handsome, so perfect, his face, his nose, his whatever". Give me a f@ break. I love him, but he looks REALLY bad (a part from his eyes - inside his eyes). That same wardrobe (3 years and counting), horrible makeup, exceptionally white teeth (nice to have healthy gums and teeth, but those are too damm fake white), and, of course, the huge belly. The problem might be these type of people: "oh you look so good, look at you, so hot, you can get any 20 year old slut that knows nothing about you but your money" when he doesn't. No Axl, you do not look good. We will love you still, but yeah... it makes me a bit sad. EVERYONE AGES... and I still a crush on a bunch of people that are over 70 - because they accept themselves as what they are.  

They use make up also because of stage lights, they sweat like donkeys because of heat any  - and stage lights, especially that horizontal ones, they make face appear too flat, especially if you are too pale. They need it to perform, they all wear it. Three plus hours in a row.

Some won the genetic lottery and have head full of hair all their lives!

There is possibility that Axl had his hair cut some time ago, month or two, and now he's regrowing it back, we'll see. I remember regrowing my hair from short, it had no proper shape for very long before I considered it long enough to even trim it. Hair for me stays a kind of statement, it makes me always upset when I see men around me cut their hair... It's sometimes very needed for that sparse hay, but still... They become tame and orderly, they hang their guitar on the wall and start their drop dead serious office job and... if Axl keeps the wild child inside alive and well, then okay. He looks light-hearted form recent videos. 

5 hours ago, Politania said:

He's not caring enough of himself.  it doesn't matter if the reasons are" being lazy & eating too much, or meds, or real healthy problems. No matter what it's, it's not helping him.  My point is that, as you said, there's no excuses, but being harsh to him is different story, and ppl should behave better ( not talking about you ;) ).   on your earlier posts you mentioned his eyes- oh my gosh. THAT's one thing which hasn't changed. Very intense, piercing eyes :)

Axl ain't thin; he has the type of figure easy to gain weight and he is pretty tiny so any weight shift looks intense. He will loose weight as soon as the tour is on wheels, cos' you know, you can be dirty heroin addict, but food can be also an addiction (and with money it can be very classy addiction)... it's all about calories balance. Axl loves cheese, caviar, snacks, you name it. On the other side, someone who is capable to run around for 3+ hours and sing is extremely physically fit, Axl is also very flexible with smooth moves. All big touring acts, they go through intense health check prior the tour, some have their own physical test if they can still make it through the show, every two or three days... (Remember, they can set Ozzy off on tour...) Axl has stamina few of his age have. When I go through my own concert photos, I can find anything from stooping fat Axl to straightened tiny guy with all the clothes hanging on him, all in one show, especially if it's later on tour. 

If I raided my sweet box regularly, even with my fitness routine, I'd be fat very soon, too.

With Axl I do it the same way as I do when seeing other aged musicians... they are often incredible personalities, they may be bones and wrinkles with direct look, but if you watch them by the corner of your eye, you see how extraordinary and shiny they are, like, Paul McCartney. In Axl, I love his eyes and smile and his intensity, it doesn't fade with looks. You  can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you'll get what you need...

Edited by Alja

15 hours ago, ACDC8 said:

It's sad for me to see him getting worse each year that passes by but I knew this was going to happen. That's why I wanted to see this band when the reunion kicked off, 3 years ago, I saw Axl and the rest of the band in somewhat decent shape.

Axl was nervous and wanted to look good for the shows after a long hiatus, but I knew this wasn't going to last and I was right.

Nowadays, he is fatter than he was in 2016 and probably closer to how terrible he looked in 2014. It is not good for him so many fluctuations in weight in a somewhat short span of time. Especially, he seems to have the most dangerous kind of overweight, which is when your belly is bigger than the rest of your body.

I can't watch him anymore, I'm so sorry.... :no:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, killuridols said:

It's sad for me to see him getting worse each year that passes by but I knew this was going to happen. That's why I wanted to see this band when the reunion kicked off, 3 years ago, I saw Axl and the rest of the band in somewhat decent shape.

Axl was nervous and wanted to look good for the shows after a long hiatus, but I knew this wasn't going to last and I was right.

Nowadays, he is fatter than he was in 2016 and probably closer to how terrible he looked in 2014. It is not good for him so many fluctuations in weight in a somewhat short span of time. Especially, he seems to have the most dangerous kind of overweight, which is when your belly is bigger than the rest of your body.

I can't watch him anymore, I'm so sorry.... :no:

Yup, that dangerous waistline. It makes me to stop and wonder HOW can't anyone from his entourage really help him to understand that is not just look bad because it does look bad - but because it can be really dangerous for his overall health. Mamma Beta please help your child (he calls you as his mom afterwards) and help him to wake up and take proper care of himself. I really wish Axl could have a real passionate WIFE that could help him to take proper care of him. For love, not for money. I can't barely watch him anymore either, unless I only focus on deep inside his eyes. And it breaks my heart. It really hurts to see how he left himself behind. The whole GnR thing... getting so tired of how it looks... same songs... same clothes... same tour for over 3 years... Tacky merch... Nah... yup, I'm tired. 

As for wearing make-up on stage... @Alja yup, I know that very well... and it doesn't have to be ORANGE. It doesn't have to be THAT bad. Steven, Mick, even Sir Elton (just watched him live btw). Even those guys, WAY OLDER than Axl, know that better. Again, enough of excuses, period. 

• Sad 1

I think that the weight he's gained on his neck is there to stay no matter what. Even just as excess skin. And that definitely impacts his voice. I doubt that a bit of a belly would impact his voice much (Pavarotti). So Im not too fussed about the belly. Heck, part of me thinks that indulging in rich foods and a relaxing lifestyle is the only reason he's still in this big rock thing.

And we know from UYI days there had to be beluga caviare to record with Matt. There was pizza, cubed ham and lamb dinner every night of the tour- on top of the buffets at the parties and seafood spreads on the plane. And theres taco breaks midway through recording Rock the Rock. He even sings about "cool ranch dressing!" I think food and rocking the fuck out are fairly fused together in Axls experience. I mean he started his career eating sex workers left over gravy (:vomit:) I say let him fly-in some Arnis pizza already!

Edited by soon
  • Haha 1

Do you think he will write his autobiography?    I dont know. He might in 10 years.  Izzy, never. I think he would have liked Duff and Steve and Slash to leave him out of theirs.                                                 Axl's weight is because of not watching his diet and not exercising yet he is in shape for his shows. He obviously paased insurance tests for the tour.  He has that mid aged man stomach.                                          IZZY has it too. Duff works out and the diet thing but he could have had some lipo. I think he and his wife go for plastic surgery of routine , minor maintenance  and there is nothing wrong with that.

Edited by Amaya